Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/3/2019 at 9:39 AM, ShortyMac said:

Alex is in a gifted program at school? That was surprising to hear. Not that I think he's stupid, but, he doesn't come across as the studious type. 

As of this episode, Anna is still planning on going to cosmetology school.

Reveal spoiler

Amber commented on their Instagram back in October that Anna is going to become a dental hygenist.

That pumpkin cannon was cool.

As far as Trent's health goes...

Hide contents

Just as a note, an early premiere of next week's episode is on TLC's website, just sign in with your cable log in.

I need to learn how to do this 'reveal spoiler' thing.:/

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, CaliCannoli said:

I thought that clown actor with the chainsaw was way out of line chasing Alex. 

I felt really bad for Alex. Like, that kid was scared out of his freaking mind. But I honestly laughed until I cried at that scene. 

Someone mentioned he’s in gifted classes. I can totally see that. He’s got a curious mind.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, winsomeone said:

What mother would allow her child to be chased like Alex was? Not many that I know.

My feeling is that if you have a kid that is that scared of everything, you don't take them to a haunted house period. They will have people jump out at them, chase them, etc. I think if they are at a haunted house, those things are to be expected. If you don't want your kid chased, don't take them   in the first place. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I felt really bad for Alex. Like, that kid was scared out of his freaking mind. But I honestly laughed until I cried at that scene. 

Someone mentioned he’s in gifted classes. I can totally see that. He’s got a curious mind.  

Lol...I felt bad for laughing but the producers replayed Alex running scared over & over with the roadrunner sound effects and the 'beep beep' and I couldn't help but laugh. Felt guilty because he looked genuinely scared but still laughed.

• Love 1

OMG.... I was cracking up watching Trent and Jonah carry that tree in the house.  Seriously I was laughing.  Not to be mean, but WTH were they thinking???   That tree was massive.  I give them so much credit.   

Why wouldn’t the camera guys have offered to help.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, MissT said:

OMG.... I was cracking up watching Trent and Jonah carry that tree in the house.  Seriously I was laughing.  Not to be mean, but WTH were they thinking???   That tree was massive.  I give them so much credit.   

And after all that work:

Trent: "If you think the tree is too tall and ugly, raise your hand."
Everyone: Raises hands

• LOL 1

artificial pre-lit, in parts A-D, tree person here : was that the correct type of evergreen to be used as a heavily decorated tree - like with hanging ornaments? The limbs and the greenery just didn't look strong enough.

Kudos for renting a nice young lifeguard for the non-swimming party.Safety first. Easy gas money for the young man.Hopefully someone at least brought him a plate of food - well 2 plates since you served 2 meals..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

My boy Jonah - somehow he managed to get out of driving-Anna-duty 2nd college semester. 

😀

but do watch that back talk to your father... No-no-son, that's not right.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, sATL said:

My boy Jonah - somehow he managed to get out of driving-Anna-duty 2nd college semester. 

😀

It was always only supposed to be one semester.

• Useful 1
On 4/9/2019 at 7:20 PM, MissT said:

Unless it’s a matter of life and death the cameramen are not allowed to step in.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, sATL said:

artificial pre-lit, in parts A-D, tree person here : was that the correct type of evergreen to be used as a heavily decorated tree - like with hanging ornaments? The limbs and the greenery just didn't look strong enough.

I think Trent even pointed that out. He said he didn't think the branches would work well for hanging ornaments. I think Jonah was the only one who listened to him.

The Johnstons are one of my favorite television families along with "The Little Couple" and the Busbys on "Outdaughtered". I don't know what the heck they were thinking with that big ole tree.  I have a feeling they were there forever trying to wrangle that darn thing.  Can't help but wonder if they had to come out of their pockets to feed two meals to 125 people.  I most certainly wouldn't want to be part of the team that had to take the label off the water bottles.  I am looking forward to their visit to my fair city.  Hope they had a good time. 

On 4/10/2019 at 2:32 PM, sATL said:

😀

I admire how calm Trent stayed while Jonah was being so disrespectful, he just kept calmly repeating "Hush" until Jonah finally listened.

• Love 1

Lmao🤣🤣. When they were in the Russian restaurant and Alex was having a tantrum because he didn't like the food.   Trent says to him, " no one else at this table is crying but you".   And Jonah says, " I'm about to", under his breath....omg....I laughed out loud!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The Johnstons seemed to have had a lot of fun in New York City.  As a native New Yorker, I enjoyed seeing it through their eyes.  Based on the fact that they took the train at Canal Street, my guess is that they were staying in Lower Manhattan. Can't help but wonder what time it was that they rode the F train, because that train is never empty.  

Not surprised that Alex didn't want to go ice skating in Bryant Park and that all he wanted to do was eat.  He was extremely rude in the Russian restaurant.  I wish Amber would stop making excuses for him.  Emma always look miserable.  

• Love 6

I enjoyed watching them in New York. Alex acted like a little turd in the Russian restaurant. Something is up with him. Any reason why they needed to stand in the rain and cold to eat that pizza?? That seemed really dumb.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Not surprised that Alex didn't want to go ice skating in Bryant Park and that all he wanted to do was eat.  He was extremely rude in the Russian restaurant.  I wish Amber would stop making excuses for him.  Emma always look miserable.  

Alex didn't want to try ice skating and all he cared about was NY pizza/eating. Shocking...not.

"He's just wired that way."

No, he's not. You've enabled, babied, and catered to him since he became your son. We've seen it ourselves on the show. He's used to 'what Alex wants, Alex gets.' His nickname isn't 'King Alex' for no reason.

3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

I enjoyed watching them in New York. Alex acted like a little turd in the Russian restaurant. Something is up with him. Any reason why they needed to stand in the rain and cold to eat that pizza?? That seemed really dumb.

I know I'm picking on a kid, but, Alex is a big, freaking baby. Crying over food in a restaurant? He's thirteen, not, five. If this was my first episode, I would have thought he was seven or eight years old. When is this kid going to learn that life isn't fair and you don't always get what you want? He's in for a rude awakening if his parents (especially Amber) don't drop the kid gloves and give him some tough love. Good Lord.

Yeah, eating the pizza in the rain was so stupid. Who wants soggy pizza?

• Love 9

I still haven't warmed up to this show since last season.  I posted about my TOTAL disappointment with Trent's parenting in the driving lesson.  I won't forget that anytime soon and it still makes me wonder if they are real or totally fake. Now, I see the parents with different eyes and am not nearly as interested.  And now, I'm reading that the child was terrified at a haunted house! OMG.  Who allows that for an already fearful child?  I really wonder about these people.  I went from big fan to skeptical viewer. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Jonah is a smart ass who consistently did respects his parents.  Alex is a crybaby and a whiner, way immature for his age.

Refresh my memory, why is Anna the problem child, again?

Anna gave into peer pressure and vandalized/spray-painted a wall at her school. She switched schools after that. Then, last season, at the Little People of America conference, she broke the rule of going into someone's hotel room and 'made some poor choices.' She also lied when confronted about it.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Kid said:

Does anyone know why there is only two episodes on the TLC AP?  Have no new episodes aired since the Christmas episode?

There was another new episode last night; there should be three.

• Love 1

In my opinion, the smirks and faces made by all of them and Alex’ overall behavior in the Russian restaurant was rude and extremely disrespectful.  They all need to be taught manners.  I was raised in an Italian American family and,  if I ever acted like that,  I would’ve gotten an uppercut right at the table.  

I agree with ShortyMac, enabling Alex is doing him no favors.  If the kid has psychological issues and is not just extremely spoiled, then get him professional help.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BCDL said:

Do they not realise that TLC is basically the modern day freak show??

THANK YOU!

That guy is making money BECAUSE of his height.  The Johnstons are making money BECAUSE of their height.  There's a difference, but not really.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5
On 4/10/2019 at 4:25 PM, sATL said:

Kudos for renting a nice young lifeguard for the non-swimming party.Safety first. Easy gas money for the young man.Hopefully someone at least brought him a plate of food - well 2 plates since you served 2 meals..

I saw him in the house right as Amber was talking about getting some food 🙂

On 4/11/2019 at 12:53 PM, Adeejay said:

The Johnstons are one of my favorite television families along with "The Little Couple" and the Busbys on "Outdaughtered". I don't know what the heck they were thinking with that big ole tree.  I have a feeling they were there forever trying to wrangle that darn thing.  Can't help but wonder if they had to come out of their pockets to feed two meals to 125 people.  I most certainly wouldn't want to be part of the team that had to take the label off the water bottles.  I am looking forward to their visit to my fair city.  Hope they had a good time. 

I thought the same thing about the water bottles.... lol

22 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I know I'm picking on a kid, but, Alex is a big, freaking baby. Crying over food in a restaurant? He's thirteen, not, five. If this was my first episode, I would have thought he was seven or eight years old. When is this kid going to learn that life isn't fair and you don't always get what you want? He's in for a rude awakening if his parents (especially Amber) don't drop the kid gloves and give him some tough love. Good Lord.

Normally I agree with this however for being in NYC I'll give him a pass.  They did A LOT of walking and traveling around the city which can wear you out so fast and then to have food that you don't enjoy.... it can hit a nerve. And I feel him in the food area... I've been to NYC once and the main reason I want to go back is for some freaking french fries I can only get there lol  

• Love 2

The Russian Restaurant was weird.  Is that the way they normally run things?  Or did TLC set up something different for them so that they could try different dishes rather than ordering off a menu.

Russians are really not known for their cuisine.  Did they really just pick one at random?  I also don't know why they were so afraid to ask the waitress what each item was.  Especially this day in age when you have to worry about food allergies.

NY pizza is awesome.  I don't understand why they felt the need to eat it outside while it was raining.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, BCDL said:

Do they not realise that TLC is basically the modern day freak show??

I had not thought of it this way, but I think you are correct.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Russians are really not known for their cuisine.  Did they really just pick one at random?

There are no Russian restaurants near the Johnston's home in Georgia, so Amber said they wanted to pay homage to Anna's heritage.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

There are no Russian restaurants near the Johnston's home in Georgia, so Amber said they wanted to pay homage to Anna's heritage.

Yeah I know that.  But I know there's a big Russian community in Brighton Beach, not sure if that was where they were.  I was just more curious if they did any research on the various Russian restaurants available in NYC and picked that one specifically or not.  

I'm sure they didn't choose the restaurant and it was all set up by production to have all the dishes brought out without selecting from the menu.  Remember how the subway car was empty?  It's easy to forget that most everything that happens on reality shows these days is planned and scripted. We are really just pawns as viewers and production knows it.

I agree Alex is spoiled and his mother is doing him no favors by continuing it.

Otherwise this is a nice little family and the parents are doing their best.

• Love 2

My guess is they probably went to the Russian restaurant the same day as the Coney Island visit. Brighton beach is right nearby, and that area of south brooklyn is where most of the best Russian restaurants are. There really aren’t very many Russian restaurants in Manhattan (there’s a couple but it didn’t look like that’s where they went). As a Russian living in Brooklyn, that’s the food I grew up on. My guess is tlc got them a banquet table, which is pretty common when there’s a large group of people. You basically pay a price per person, and they bring out all sorts of different food. 

Russian food isn’t known for being amazing, but it can be! I have no idea where they went, I’ve been to most of the Russian restaurants in the area and I didn’t recognize that place. As the parent of an adopted child, I’m also kind of sad they didn’t try harder to keep their kids culture alive for them. I don’t remember how old the kids were when they were adopted, but I would’ve thought they would have tried to keep the culture alive for them however they can. 

12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

hmm..  might have to do a little more googling or there might be russian dishes as part of a restaurant that specializes in  (or is named) in something else...

here is one that is not to far from where they had Emma's birthday dinner .'

https://www.apriorirestaurant.com/menus-bkp

They all seem so unhappy this season in the talking heads. Amber and Trent seem especially unhappy. 

Another episode of Alex crying and pouting about something stupid 🙄 They really need to nip that in the bud. He has the emotional maturity of a five year old. 

• Love 4

Alex has always been annoying.  Even when the show first started, he was annoying.  The time to nip it in the bud was years ago, it's probably too late now.  Alex has learned that if he whines and cries he usually gets what he wants.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 4

The parents grammar makes me cringe.  If I hear "Trent and I's" one more time I'll scream.  That and the heightH, eXcape, eXpescially etc,  it drives me crazy.  You'd think they'd hear themselves on TV and try to speak better but after 6 seasons I'm guessing that won't happen. 

Am I the only one who thinks Amber is a total bitch?

• Love 8

I was watching real carefully to see the dynamic with Trent and Elizabeth.  I am still wary of him, but, it seemed okay when she was confiding in him about the new boy she's interested in.  She didn't appear frightened or hesitant to confide him.  So, that makes me feel better. 

Amber has mentioned Alex's condition.  He seems to be very sensitive about certain things like textures, loud noises, sensations. etc.  So, I take it that he has a reason for that.  So, what we see as being rigged, might be something that he can't help.  

I had no idea that Anna had had such serious spinal surgery.  OHG.  That looked painful  Her posture seems really good now.  Were they on the tv show when that happened? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I had no idea that Anna had had such serious spinal surgery.  OHG.  That looked painful  Her posture seems really good now.  Were they on the tv show when that happened? 

They addressed her surgery when the show was on OWN. Seems like Anna was in middle school at the time. I felt so sorry for her. She was in a lot of pain after the surgery and missed quite a bit of school.

Couple of clips from way back before TLC. Little Jonah and Alex on the couch in the second clip. OMG they were so little!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNE7CX07BPc

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Norwindian said:

Amber is a such a bitch. She's seems so mean and vindictive. She doesn't like anyone to have any fun and she brings down the mood of any fun situation. she's a classic Debbie Downer. 

It seems to me, that she is really unhappy. She's especially mean Anna. Really,  really mean to her. The difference in the way she treats Anna and the others is very noticeable. 

I wouldn't be surprised, if in the future, Anna doesn't speak to Amber anymore. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

They addressed her surgery when the show was on OWN. Seems like Anna was in middle school at the time. I felt so sorry for her. She was in a lot of pain after the surgery and missed quite a bit of school.

Couple of clips from way back before TLC. Little Jonah and Alex on the couch in the second clip. OMG they were so little!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNE7CX07BPc

OMG, Jonah's voice! So cute!

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Amber is a such a bitch. She's seems so mean and vindictive. She doesn't like anyone to have any fun and she brings down the mood of any fun situation. she's a classic Debbie Downer. 

It seems to me, that she is really unhappy. She's especially mean Anna. Really,  really mean to her. The difference in the way she treats Anna and the others is very noticeable. 

I wouldn't be surprised, if in the future, Anna doesn't speak to Amber anymore. 

I just don't know what to think of this family anymore... 1st off-  where is Louie ? Also it seems that Amber is the one the kids are scared of more than Trent...Just my feeling. What happened with her real estate license ?  I think their idea of a store for re-fabbed furnishings is ok, what they should do is get a couple of items done, then go to a local market/fair and see if they sell there before buying into a brick & mortar shop.  Alex is still annoying, and even if they said he has OCD, i dont get why the 13 year old was crying over Russian Food 

• Love 4

I could not be in that house if they were playing that game (not that, you know, they’ve invited me or anything 😉). I’m with Alex on that noisy crap. Can’t handle it.

I do like that they bought that game though....knowing nothing about it. 

Emma is adorable in her glasses.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:49 AM, Norwindian said:

The parents grammar makes me cringe.  If I hear "Trent and I's" one more time I'll scream.  That and the heightH, eXcape, eXpescially etc,  it drives me crazy.  You'd think they'd hear themselves on TV and try to speak better but after 6 seasons I'm guessing that won't happen. 

Trent and I is grammatically correct.  The rule is remove one pronoun and see if it sounds correct.  I am not sure what you meant with height, escape and expescially all spelled wrong..... 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Trent and I is grammatically correct.  The rule is remove one pronoun and see if it sounds correct.  I am not sure what you meant with height, escape and expescially all spelled wrong..... 

I was spelling the words like they pronounce them.  I know there is no x in especially and escape.  There is also no second h in height.   I didn't write "Trent and I", I was referring to how Amber says "Trent and I's relationship".

• Love 12