Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Elizabeth is not adopted. She and Jonah are the Johnston's born children. Anna, Emma, and Alex are adopted.

I have to say that the way that this breakup thing is being handeled is starting to make me mad on behalf of the boy and his family.

So what, because the boy got involved with Elizabeth at 14 years old, he's supposed to stay with her for the rest of his life until he dies?

Ok, he should have broken up with her in person rather than a text, but he's 16. Kids today do everything by text.

Does he really deserve to be put down on nationwide TV over and over again because of it?

I would bet that the boy and his family regret ever getting involved with a Johnston.

It should be a lesson to any other kid that thinks of dating one of them. Don't get involved with people who have a TV show.

Edited by Libby
  • Love 11
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, camom said:

Yes, but I believe she also said that the school she now goes to has a community service requirement.  

They said Anna is going to a private school this year.  I wonder if they are going to address that.  Private usually means $$$ unless they got scholarships. 

• Love 1
On 11/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, TRUSAG said:
  • I AGREE, they Coddle all the kids 2 much, ALL but Emma are so selfish! How can u be on television & yet NOT care that YOU are raising angry, selfish, immature children? 

I think Emma and Elizabeth come across well - they both have good outlooks on life. Poor Ana came into the family already 4 years old and emotionally guarded and wary of others. Thus, I think Amber still has trouble bonding with Ana as she is very harsh on her. She doesn't list Ana's attributes like she does the other kids, so Ana is going to look to her peer group for acceptance/ approval. Only the boys' attitudes get me down. Poor Jonah only has to make an appearance and he annoys me with his faux arrogance. (Then I realized I am responding to his eyebrows and how they make him always appear surly. If he manscaped, he'd come across better - for little ol' superficial me. lol). Alex's fear of EVERYTHING including whether someone laughs at him or not is neurotic. Amber has to quit feeding into it by talking his issue of the moment to death. One simple explanation/ run through of what to expect is more than enough. His perseveration with fearing the 'unknown' is odd and I wonder how it came to be a large part of his personality?  I bet Amber is at the heart of it as she too is preoccupied with what outcomes will arise from specific decisions.

• Love 2
On 10/31/2018 at 11:14 AM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Alex overthinks EVERYTHING!  I am amazed sometimes with his analysis of why he shouldn’t go on a ride at the park.  I doubt they deny him very much and Amber does coddle him beyond the norm for a boy his age!  I can’t get over the weight gain on him as well as others in the family but especially Alex.  The opening segments of the original show highlight just how much he has gained.  

I too remember the early shows where Alex's weight appears very proportional, given weight difficulties little people face. Recently, it appears four of them have put on weight (except Emma & Ana). In a later episode, Amber mentioned that Alex's sleeping apnea was causing him to lay around, and nap often during day. Furthermore, his back issues made him stoop forward, and he no longer would run and play in the yard, and was often out of breath. Given his preoccupation with food, they probably still gave him his typical portions, without realizing he wasn't burning the same calories anymore. If they tried to put him on a diet, his nonstop, self-centred, whining about being hungry and wanting food would drive them nuts. I also wouldn't put it past him to sneak/steal and hide food as I have worked with food-obsessed youth. The fact that he asks his teacher every morning what 'lunch was going to be that day' identifies how serious his issue is. I feel so bad for people with food issues. Food is not something you can put aside and ignore. Everyone needs to eat and it's so hard to try and control.

• Love 4
On 10/10/2017 at 10:18 PM, Austinjake1q said:

Alex and his lack of discipline enable him to act so immaturely. He needs a good spanking and a more structured environment where he knows what the consequences are before he acts out.

I agree with you that Alex needs more structured consequences in place so that he can (hopefully) put an end to his whiney/demanding/needy behaviour and attitude. However, I watched Amber use a discipline technique that worked very well with Alex and I wonder if she still uses it on him as a teen. When Alex was launching into his monologue rant at everyone else for some perceived slight/teasing he imagined, Amber told him to “Go to my room and look at your reflection, in the long mirror, until I tell you to come out”.  Clearly he has heard this before as he knew what to do and he HATED it. So he was forced to stare himself in the eye and observe how snarky and unappealing his angry rants look. He was allowed back with the others once he could practise (and demonstrate) a respectful appearance. When the camera guy asked why he hated doing the mirror task, Alex recognized that he didn’t look like someone who others would want to be around, and specifically he didn’t want to be around his own ‘look’. He came out with a relaxed expression and they moved on from the topic. (Just as well as sometimes he’s like a dog with a bone and cannot let go).

Edited by Chalby
Forgot the 'd' on recognized
  • Love 7
On 11/15/2018 at 10:52 PM, ChiCricket said:

The stuff you learn on PTV. Never heard of dirty pour art before. Now after googling it, I think even *I* could do it. ?

The essentials of it is pretty basic. I think the trick is knowing what colors to mix and then if you want to do specific things with it. But a basic dirty pour should be easy peasy (but potentially messy lol) 

On 11/16/2018 at 9:04 AM, Evagirl said:

Have you noticed that this family shows very little affection for each other?  Especially the parents toward the children.  There was a little bit of affection shown when Trent took his daughter to the father/daughter dance, but even that seemed forced.  It's almost like the parents don't even like their kids.  No hugging, no kisses on the forehead, no arm around the shoulder - nothing.  But let a kid do something they perceive is disrespectful - oh my gosh - Amber turns into Mrs. Hyde!

The show where Amber allowed Anna to do her hair and make-up for the ad was the perfect vehicle to show her daughter some love.  Instead Amber acted like Anna fussing over her was getting on her nerves.  It feels like she "tolerates" her children for the sake of being on TV (a.k.a. MONEY!!).

I thought it was sweet when all the kids (except Anna) piled into their parents bedroom the first night in the new house with sleeping bags.  But again, Amber made some crack about it being a good thing she and Trent weren't being amorous when the kids burst in.  

I am really not liking the parents this season.

My family is not affection towards each other. Doesn't mean we have an awful relationship.  I don't even recall hugging my parents until I was 20-21, when my parents decided to move out of state, suddenly my mom needed a hug every hello and goodbye. I'm still not that comfortable hugging my parents or anyone. I still love my parents and they still love me and would do anything for me. 

On 11/16/2018 at 1:26 PM, Evagirl said:

In one of the THs, Amber made a comment about how they do not modify their homes to more comfortably accept their height.  She said it was because things are average height in the real world and the kids need to learn how to adapt to an average-size world.

I thought about what she said for a while and even agreed with her for a hot minute.  Then I remembered the Roloffs and the Kleins who both had their kitchens modified to accommodate little people.  If you can afford to do this, I think it's great.  The kids will learn to adapt to an average-size world every time they go to school, go the mall, GO anywhere.  But how many times are they going to be tasked with cooking in somebody else's kitchen and getting things out of somebody else's cabinets?  It just makes good sense to at least have the kitchen semi-modified for little people.  I can see not doing anything with appliances, but cabinets - yes indeed.  Even in the Kleins' THs. I've noticed they sit in chairs made for little bodies.  When the Johnstons sit on the sofa with their feet sticking straight out, I focus on just how small they are instead of what they're saying.  If you know you're going to stay in the home, I would even have the bathrooms modified.  Sinks lowered, shower facets lowered, etc.  There's nothing wrong with making yourself comfortable in your own home.  It should be a place where when you walk in the door and just be "you", instead of a little person having to stand on stools to brush your teeth, look in the mirror over the sink, get something out of the cabinet etc.  Can I please sit in one chair in this house where my feet actually touch the floor, even if it's a kiddie chair?!!

I don't know, maybe I'm reading more into this than I should.  

They have also been pretty thrifty in their purchases. They're always looking to save a buck so to them, making modifications when they can accomodate to almost anything probably seems like a waste of money to them. 

• Love 4

I just finished up watching the latest episode Jonah Graduates 🎓 but my god do the producers think we want Alex front and center, noooooo! Can’t stand that lil booger. I wouldn’t mind Elizabeth taking that spot. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Lovelylv said:

I just finished up watching the latest episode Jonah Graduates 🎓 but my god do the producers think we want Alex front and center, noooooo! Can’t stand that lil booger. I wouldn’t mind Elizabeth taking that spot. 

It'd be nice if Emma were encouraged to be more visible, too.  She seems to be overshadowed most of the time and it'd be interesting to hear more about her.

• Love 5

I thought it was totally inappropriate to have a sit down talk with Jonah about his attitude on national TV. What are these parents thinking? Last episode was enough when he was disrespectful to them and they corrected him, they didn't need to drag it out to another episode. Set him straight in private when the camera's aren't rolling. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought it was totally inappropriate to have a sit down talk with Jonah about his attitude on national TV. What are these parents thinking? Last episode was enough when he was disrespectful to them and they corrected him, they didn't need to drag it out to another episode. Set him straight in private when the camera's aren't rolling. 

My thoughts exactly!  I came to post my feelings on how they berated this child on national TV, which mind you, brought him to tears.  He's 18 years old and can you imagine the teasing he will get from friends about the crying!  I was very, very disappointed in both Trent and Amber in this episode.  They should have just concentrated on preparing for the graduation. 

I am so sick of how they publicly humiliate and embarrass their children on TV!  I watched and heard Trent say that Emma was the golden child - that she never causes them any problems or stress.  How would any kid feel hearing their parents say on TV that they have a favorite child?  Then, they allow (or make) Elizabeth do that TH about the guy dumping her, which by the way, brought her to tears.  And oh my Lord, poor Anna doesn't stand a chance.  The parents tell the TV audience what a problem child she is...she lies, she's dishonest, she's this, she's that.  Come on TLC!  This is bordering on emotional child abuse.  No wonder Anna acts out, she's EXPECTED TO BECAUSE SHE'S A PROBLEM CHILD according to her lousy parents lack of decent parenting skills.

Jonah - going to a community college so you can live at home.  Oh yeah, and continue to be one of the emotional punching bags for your poor-excuse-for-parents, Trent and Amber.

Alex - with his science experiments.  Who lets a kid do that kind of crap on the cement around the pool which will draw millions of ants?  They could have at least shown him hosing down the pillars where the soda shot every everywhere.  They do not make that kid do one thing that I ever see.  He's a lazy little prima donna.  He's the one who disrespects his parents.  He'll tell them no in a minute.  Imagine what Trent would have done to Jonah had he rigged the sprinkler on the sink.

Thanks for letting me vent folks.  As you can see, that show did not set well with me at all.

• Love 9

Why is Amber always so angry? Everytime someone asks her something,  she always answers in a gruff "what!!!" She is just an unhappy person. 

If I lived in thay house, I would be out as soon as I was 18. 

I feel sorry for Anna. Trent and Amber have such a strong dislike for her. They don't even try to hide this dislike. Anna probably gave up because Trent and Amber find fault in whatever she does. I feel like the only family member who seems to like Anna is Emma. 

• Love 5

I don't usually mind Trent and Amber telling their kids how it is - but telling Jonah everyone in the family is avoiding him was a little rough.  But maybe he needed it.  Maybe he was becoming a super huge asshole.  I feel like we had a similar story line in another season.

• Love 1

So far, I'm in support of the parents.  Amber seems fine to me.  Her kids push lots of buttons. Glad she has lots of patience.

They have a reality tv show.  I see nothing wrong with their very kind words of wisdom to Jonah about his attitude and disrespect problem.  He doesn't want his attitude addressed on camera, then, he should not be so disrespectful on camera.   He really seems stubborn about it.  But, he's 18 so, I doubt it'll change. Maybe, they should have thought about getting the proper behavior, before giving him all he wants. If I was dissing my parents, would they still pay for my college education? lol Not even a little bit.  I think Amber and Trent speak honestly and from the heart.  Their kids seem to recognize this too. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I don't usually mind Trent and Amber telling their kids how it is - but telling Jonah everyone in the family is avoiding him was a little rough.  But maybe he needed it.  Maybe he was becoming a super huge asshole.  I feel like we had a similar story line in another season.

Yeah, Jonah's had attitude problems in the past as well - but he's just being a typical teenager.  What teenager doesn't have attitude problems when it comes to their parents.

I mean all the issues that play on in the show are interactions among a normal family.  Most of us would not want our family life televised because most of us would probably come off looking bad at some time or another.  Its human nature.  I think this is the bad that comes with the $$$$ that comes with having your own reality show.  Hopefully it was a family decision to have the show and everyone agreed to it and it wasn't a decision that the parent's made w/no input from their children, since the kids are old enough to understand.

I dislike some of the stuff that seems to be done so that they have a storyline or an episode to film (i.e. the goats/chickens/bees).

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 3

I get that teens are teens, but, shushing a parent? OMG.....I'm not sure exactly what might happen if my brothers or I did that to a parent but, it would be more than a little uncomfortable, regardless of my age.  And, I'm not talking about physical contact either.  I wasn't really spanked, but, I can't imagine shushing a parent or any adult for that matter.  It really boggles the mind.  

• Love 4

I think Amber and Trent are great parents and they have the respect and love of their children ten fold!  It is a reality tv show and these interactions are not staged but are real life family situations and it is great to see them get through to their kids in a heartfelt manner.  For Jonah to shed a couple of tears it showed me it worked. 

I think Anna is lagging behind her peers to be honest and they have to keep tight reins on her because she is a follower and a potential target who could easily be taken advantage of.

Emma is terribly shy and doesn’t like to be the center of attention.  She has too many shining lights around her like Alex who is perfectly willing to be center stage all the time!  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 10

I'm not disagreeing that Jonah should be reprimanded and corrected when he is disrespectful to his parents. In fact, I applaud Amber and Trent for feeling it is not acceptable behavior. My point is that they corrected him last episode and if they are going to do it again with a lengthy sit down it should have been off camera the second time around. 

• Love 10
On 11/17/2018 at 1:01 AM, alegtostandon said:

I think Anna looks just like the dad & older brother.

Elizabeth is absolutely gorgeous.  She has beautiful hair and skin.

4OFUS, I am very impressed with your daughters talent! 

I could not believe Elizabeth was trying to finish up paintings on the display tables right before the show.

I hope Grandma Johnston did not put that fork back into the crockpot after eating the meatball!

Did I understand Mother Johnston saying all of the kids were working at the No-Kill Shelter to help Anna, fulfill her community service?

Anna is not sentenced to do any community service for any sort of crime.  It's for school, so the shelter is getting more hands then just Anna's 2.  I think that's okay.

Also, Anna is from Russia, so if she resembles someone in that family, it's purely coincidental.

On a purely shallow note, I guess Liz is okay looking, but her humongous head, very wide-set eyes, and one eye that looks off in a different direction, prevent me from seeing her as pretty, much less beautiful.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 1

I am on the fence still about this family. Jonah feels like he has checked out and does not want to be filmed at all, maybe that is why his attitude stinks ? I agree with the posters above that Alex is way to old to be whining the way he does.  This house seems to be a major improvement from their last house, I would like to see more of the interior.  

• Love 1

I saw her at the home but not at the graduation. Maybe I missed her. But what about Trent’s mom and other relatives? I thought they were local.

Edited by SMama

I think that in spite of all of Amber's tears thinking back on Jonah's rough start, she doesn't seem to care for him that much. She seems much more concerned with her own pride than Jonah's feelings to me. During the parents recordings Amber said that she was proud of Jonah and also proud of herself and Trent. The recording was very cold. In Trent's recording, he said how much he loved Jonah and how proud he was of him. Trent's recording was warm and loving. In the bedroom scene, after Amber brought Jonah to tears, she coldly left the room. Trent stayed behind and warmly tried to smooth things over with Jonah. It comes across to me that there are real problems between Amber and her oldest son. It makes me sad. I think that Jonah is a pretty good young man.

• Love 6
On 11/5/2018 at 12:32 PM, DkNNy79 said:

I think Anna was older than 1, maybe 3 or 4 when they adopted her.  I want to say she had issues with men (Trent) in the beginning??? I can't remember if I have that correctly but I'm pretty certain she was older than 1.

I had just watched that old episode and I believe Anna was turning 4 when they adopted her. Amber said how clever Anna was and had progressed so far (given that she had no English and wouldn't let any man come near her). The video of her fifth birthday was impressive given all she had learned. When Anna said she did not remember anything from Russia, I felt relieved. I'd prefer her to make new memories when she goes back to explore her country of birth.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:00 AM, Whyyouneedaname said:

Negative Nancy Amber, after the tearful discussion with Jonah, trying to make some changes, pointing out his bad behavior, let's turn over a new leaf & start over......next day right after graduation she ask Alex "you think he'll still be annoying" 🙄 

True enough, however, I found that Jonah was so miserable this season. I realize it is editing, but I would love it if he complimented his siblings on anything, rather than correct them, 'school them', or roll his eyes/shake his head as though he lives with a group of idiots. I get it - I have 5 siblings, but they also knew what I admire about each of them as well. I was like Jonah towards my mother (I thought she was sooooo old-fashioned). Years later, I could only apologize profusely for being such an arrogant little brat.

• Love 1
On 11/21/2018 at 8:18 PM, SMama said:

I saw her at the home but not at the graduation. Maybe aI missed her. But what about Trent’s mom and other relatives? I thought they were local.

It could be that only so many people could go to the actual graduation.  We were given 4 tickets to my oldest son's graduation and then had to make a special request for more or get some from another student who wasn't using his or her allotment.  We just took the immediate family rather than try to wrangle tickets for several others.  Given that there's 6 of them, not counting Jonah, they may have hit their attendance limit right there! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

It could be that only so many people could go to the actual graduation.  We were given 4 tickets to my oldest son's graduation and then had to make a special request for more or get some from another student who wasn't using his or her allotment.  We just took the immediate family rather than try to wrangle tickets for several others.  Given that there's 6 of them, not counting Jonah, they may have hit their attendance limit right there! 

Also, I think his cousin (the tall redhead) also graduated from high school as well?  They had all the graduates take a picture together at his party.  So maybe her graduation was the same day and that's why all of the family couldn't attend?

• Love 2
On 11/14/2018 at 8:38 AM, gunderda said:

I really hope after this episode that they can stop talking about the ex-boyfriend now... that poor kid doesn't deserve to be talked about every single episode.  

I feel for her - who doesn't remember the first boyfriend, and first break-up?  I am just glad cell phones were not around when I was going through it.

On 11/14/2018 at 8:33 PM, mythoughtis said:

i really couldn’t fault Jonah asking his mom to shush. He didn’t say Shut up, or yell.  He was listening to Trent and Amber started talking over Trent. Yes, Trent was saying something similar to what Amher had already thought. But still, Jonah can’t listen to two people at once.   

Oh noooo I would never let my kids shush me.  That would be a serious issue.  It shows a total lack of respect.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:50 AM, 4ofUs said:

Hi All, brand new here, and have just started watching 7LJ the last few weeks (need to binge-watch to catch up!).  Love this very REAL, no-nonsense happy family, raising great kids with RULES, discipline, and love!  

All the talk about Anna, and I can't help wondering if she might have ADD/AdHd?  I say this because our daughter does (dx'd at 7, & meds)  Our daughter is 15... responsible, kind and thoughtful, very creative, an A-student in high school, and wonderful with kids and animals.  Having said this, when not on her meds, she can be impulsive, rambunctuous, sneaky (lots of fibs), pesty to her brother, and she can definitely test my patience!  The scene with the sleeping bag slumber party in the new house and Anna acting up/driving her siblings nuts was SOOOOooo like our daughter could act!  There have been a few snippets where her actions scream ADD and I think "C'mon, focus, girl! Behave!"

I am also new to the show, just started watching - I need to binge too!

I agree - I have a son with ADHD, and the behaviors I see in Anna are familiar.  

• Love 5
On 11/21/2018 at 12:58 PM, Honey said:

Also, Anna is from Russia, so if she resembles someone in that family, it's purely coincidental.

My comment about Anna looking like the dad & older brother was actually from a string of posts.  I am horrible with names on any of these shows & when I started watching this show, assumed Anna was the natural child because her looks are very similar to the a above mentioned & had asked about it.  I see no resemblance in Elizabeth with either of her parents or brother.

Regarding the parents coming down on the oldest son and his behavior, I am supportive of the discussion but not on camera.  I was thinking they were trying to show the viewers 'see, we are just like any other family.'  I feel between this family along with the other little people shows, we now realize family & teenage issues are the same, regardless of height. Out of respect, some things should be done off camera. JMO.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Regarding the parents coming down on the oldest son and his behavior, I am supportive of the discussion but not on camera.  I was thinking they were trying to show the viewers 'see, we are just like any other family.'  I feel between this family along with the other little people shows, we now realize family & teenage issues are the same, regardless of height. Out of respect, some things should be done off camera. JMO.

I would agree that certain things should remain private.  Playing devil's advocate, if his negative behavior is shown on tv and the parents don't address it then you have viewers stating, "oh I wouldn't let my son speak to me this way.  I can't believe they didn't shut that down right away...etc"  Its a lose-lose situation all around.

Like on the little couple, viewers are always wondering if the kids are still in diapers (i.e. they're too old to be in diapers..etc).  The parents have rightly not discussed their kids bathroom habits/potty training efforts at all.

• Love 3

The thing is, we’ve not seen a million examples of Jonah’s ‘horrible behavior’ - we’ve seen a few.  We’ve seen many more examples of Alex’s bad behavior.  Jonah seems more like a typical teenager in his behavior than anything else.  Yes sometimes there is a little backtalk. Not enough that he should be called out on television about.  Have we ever seen them call out Alex for his behavior? I realize that they are strict because of their small stature and it keeps the kids in line- but they need to start treating Jonah as an adult rather than continuing to think they can order him around like the younger ones. They also need to get Elizabeth up to speed on driving if they aren't going to let Anna drive rather than depend on Jonah. His college schedule may clash with the younger kids schedules. . 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Like on the little couple, viewers are always wondering if the kids are still in diapers (i.e. they're too old to be in diapers..etc).  The parents have rightly not discussed their kids bathroom habits/potty training efforts at all.

That's not true. There was an episode when they first got Will at 3, where Bill made Jen change Will's diaper in the car. Jen was screaming that she got poop on her hand. They also posted a picture of a 4 year old Will in a diaper, on line.

They didn't stop broadcasting this issue until they got negative backlash from the public.

The Johnston's also need to learn privacy boundaries by negative backlash. If people don't push back, the Johnston children will continue to be hurt and embarrassed by TLC and their parents.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Libby said:

That's not true. There was an episode when they first got Will at 3, where Bill made Jen change Will's diaper in the car. Jen was screaming that she got poop on her hand. They also posted a picture of a 4 year old Will in a diaper, on line.

They didn't stop broadcasting this issue until they got negative backlash from the public.

The Johnston's also need to learn privacy boundaries by negative backlash. If people don't push back, the Johnston children will continue to be hurt and embarrassed by TLC and their parents.

EXACTLY!! I mean hello all future employers, Anna can't be trusted, lies & is very immature 😡 I mean really, do they have no shame?!?

• Love 13
On 8/24/2018 at 3:05 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Are they ever coming back ? I do enjoy this show, although Jonah really seems like he has checked out of being filmed

Sometimes I feel as though Jonah feels as though he is 'above' everyone/everything else. His inability (or refusal) to show any enthusiasm or praise for any family function or combined family effort makes me disinterested in seeing him on tv. Best of luck in college, JOnah. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The thing is, we’ve not seen a million examples of Jonah’s ‘horrible behavior’ - we’ve seen a few.  We’ve seen many more examples of Alex’s bad behavior.  Jonah seems more like a typical teenager in his behavior than anything else.  

I don't think Jonah has been called out on his behaviour, and I am fine with that. I don't need Amber and Trent to highlight Jonah's attitude towards the family. To me, Jonah has made it crystal clear that he has 'outgrown' and intellectually 'surpassed' his backwards family. (My opinion is solely based upon his attitude and snide comments) No, he has never outright said any of this but his attitude and inability (refusal) to find enjoyment in any of the family's activities has worn on my last nerve. He cannot even extend compliments or verbal support to his parents or siblings. Frankly, I am all for cutting him loose from the show as he appears to be in pain just having to participate. Even the rocket building - he made sure we all knew this wasn't his idea of fun.

• Love 4

My heart goes out to Anna because for whatever reason, even when Anna does something well, any parental praise is always prefaced with the fact that she's lied, been immature, or been irresponsible on prior occasions. I can think back to episodes where all the other children have messed up or displayed inappropriate attitudes. But no.... we have to hear how Anne is the problem child every single episode. For some reason Amber cannot bond with Anna and resents her. They can say they love her all they want, but Trent is the only one who I slightly believe, when he says it.

• Love 12

OMG on the preview for next week! Is River one of the kittens they found in the new house? It looks like he may have been chasing a mouse or crawled under the water heater after he was injured (animals seek out places like that to hide by nature, as not to get eaten by prey) when they showed it on camera. I cannot even hold it together, just like the girls, when speaking of what is going to happen. It may be that "mom says we have to put him down!" was what Anna was trying to say. Please don't be that!!!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

My heart goes out to Anna because for whatever reason, even when Anna does something well, any parental praise is always prefaced with the fact that she's lied, been immature, or been irresponsible on prior occasions. I can think back to episodes where all the other children have messed up or displayed inappropriate attitudes. But no.... we have to hear how Anne is the problem child every single episode. For some reason Amber cannot bond with Anna and resents her. They can say they love her all they want, but Trent is the only one who I slightly believe, when he says it.

Once again we see another child cry on camera because they are hurt by the way Amber and Trent are putting out to the public all their faults. Noah last week, Anna this week. Anna was sad in her TH trying to explain herself and why she's not such a bad kid. She did a fantastic job at the camp with the children and yet Amber couldn't be more distant about it. 

The shopping at the Asian market and eating at the restaurant was entertaining. They just need to stop with the kid bashing, it's no fun to watch. 

• Love 11
  • I dont like embarrassing your kids on national tv...poor Anna...I understand...some day mom and dad will find out that most likely she will be the one there for them when they need help....my folks found out it was me...I was the black sheep...the prince and princess do no wrong....me lol...im anna......I was there at the hard times for my parents they weren't...chin up Anna I know you are a good kid.
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

actions speak louder than words, I do think Trent loves Anna, however he is doing her a great injustice. So sad, they are bullying them plain and simple. & to say that Anna has been immature????? really?? look at how Trent & Amber act.

• Love 5

I liked how Amber and Trent took the time to make (and keep) a friend from Emma's heritage and how they celebrated her 13th birthday. I thought it was nice, kinda personal, made her feel special and age appropriate. Yes,  monies were spent, but they didn't go overboard. It is true what the episode illustrated about Buford Hwy in ATL.

I missed the home dinner with the products they brought from the grocery store. Even if the home-dinner came out awful, the personal thought and time was very sweet. 

I say that to add b/c there is another show (also on TLC) who has a different approach to teaching/reminding/showing a child's heritage. I just perfer last night's episode.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Chalby said:

I wanted to add this to my thoughts, but, I wasn't sure how to say it. 100% agree.

• Love 5