Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: All Speculation Leads to the Truth

Interesting discussion. I didn't watch the show during its run but I found it rather depressing that they made Scully an interesting character but at the expense of her sexuality. I guess, it's not possible to write women as sexual beings AND competent and layered without falling into the trap to reduce them to their sexuality.

I liked that she wasn't reduced to her sexuality but I didn't realize until much later that they made her the Virgin Mary instead in the end.

The whole season 8 question of whether Mulder was the father or not, seriously, is CC Catholic?

Good point. It's a real shame tbh. I don't think so. I think it's more due to the stereotypes that people assign them. If they have sex with other men, then they're sluts, whores or worse. A guy gets cheered on for it. A real double standard. If a woman is strong or assertive, then they get put down and get called cold or a bitch among other phrases. You don't really hear guys getting called anything if they're like that very often.

I thought he was Christian with the whole Savior and Jesus plots. But with Scully's history, maybe he is Catholic. And in a way, it's a whole other kettle of fish. A lot of baggage imo towards women. Not to get all religious. But it's kind of sad how they've treated them over the years.

• Love 1

This is not all that important, but filming is slated to start in June, yes?  That means... ONLY ONE MONTH SEPARATES US FROM THE RETURN OF THE X-FILES!!!!! 

yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

Edited by queequeg
  • Love 2

This is not all that important, but filming is slated to start in June, yes?

This is the MOST important thing right now, haha. I hope we get BTS photos and some twitter action :) I can't wait!

Also, here's a new article with some comments from David. I like this quote:

Despite his comments about damage the franchise sustained from the last film, Duchovny doesn't have the same concerns about the upcoming resurrection.

"It's been awhile since I've played Mulder so it's going to be strange for sure the first couple days. Luckily Gillian will be there and we'll be there for each other to say, 'That doesn’t seem right or something like that,' " said Duchovny with a laugh. "All the principals are back. Chris will be there, Gillian will be there, I'll be there and we can all check on each other and say, 'Is this the show?' Because we'll find it. It's just a matter of relaxing and letting it happen."

It gives me hope that this revival will go back to the X-Files that made us all fans in the first place.

• Love 1

Oh wow, M. F. Luder, your quote. I didn't know that DD thought that IWTB actually "damaged" the franchise. Those are some pretty strong words but DD (an GA) have long since earned the right to say things like this. Still, a bit surprised.

I do like the comment about the fact that the others can keep him in check/make sure he Mulder's properly.

Oh wow, M. F. Luder, your quote. I didn't know that DD thought that IWTB actually "damaged" the franchise. Those are some pretty strong words but DD (an GA) have long since earned the right to say things like this. Still, a bit surprised.

I do like the comment about the fact that the others can keep him in check/make sure he Mulder's properly.

Neither did I. I figured it might have been due to the lack of Fox's advertising. They were downright cheap last time imo.

This part of the article stood out to me:

"That didn't work out with the movies. … [The second movie] did well, but I guess not well enough," said Duchovny. "Fox made some mistakes with that movie that hurt the franchise and they didn't seem to want to do another movie. So as the TV landscape changed and as it became conceivable to do this show without doing 22 or 25 [episodes] of them on television, then it seemed like a natural thing.

So he's basically saying that Fox screwed up.

And vice versa. Which is a good thing.

This is the MOST important thing right now, haha. I hope we get BTS photos and some twitter action :) I can't wait!

Also, here's a new article with some comments from David. I like this quote:

It gives me hope that this revival will go back to the X-Files that made us all fans in the first place.

So do I. Especially the part about them making sure they get something right. That's important.

David did a Q&A on facebook about his new show. Here's what he had to say about X-Files :)

tumblr_nnlkemb5V01s2fnb9o1_400.png

tumblr_nnlkemb5V01s2fnb9o2_500.png

tumblr_nnljqlblw71tyl2edo1_500.png

Nice find XD.

Here's an interesting podcast I found (one with Dean Haglund as a guest) today. Haven't been able to listen to all of it, but so far it's actually a nice interview.

I did smh at the person asking for David to marry Gillian.

I hate these type of things too - for any "ship". It's like, you DO realize that they are actors who are coworkers who get along (well, now). Mulder and Scully are NOT GA and DD. It's called acting in a role. So strange and embarrassing.

Also, I hate when people waste actors time with dumb questions. At least to me, the red hair thing is dumb. It's her signature look. Of course it will be red.

And dear god - they asked about the speedo.... *shakeshead*

Can you imagine how crazy shipping and discussion would have been if twitter/tumblr and PTV were around back then!!

• Love 2

I did smh at the person asking for David to marry Gillian. I was like really on fb which looks to be a real name and pic. Here's a link if you want to read the rest of the q&a.

Yea I do that too in regards to snoggers tbh. It'll never happen! Be happy with M & S together, since that's as far as it'll go.

I hate these type of things too - for any "ship". It's like, you DO realize that they are actors who are coworkers who get along (well, now). Mulder and Scully are NOT GA and DD. It's called acting in a role. So strange and embarrassing.

Also, I hate when people waste actors time with dumb questions. At least to me, the red hair thing is dumb. It's her signature look. Of course it will be red.

Can you imagine how crazy shipping and discussion would have been if twitter/tumblr and PTV were around back then!!

^ Word to all of that! Some people can't tell the difference (in any ship for that matter). *shrug* It's kind of sad.

It happens. And frankly I thought he handled it well :P.

• Love 1

The revival of XF will mean the revival of crazy fans.  The mediums have changed, but this was all over atxf and such back in the day, too.  They're just better sports about it now.

• Love 1

The revival of XF will mean the revival of crazy fans.  The mediums have changed, but this was all over atxf and such back in the day, too.  They're just better sports about it now.

Yep. I remember hearing about it back them some what.

Glad they handle it better now. What a good way to deal with that. It's good to have a good sense of humor about it.*

*at least for the most part. Some of it seems rather snarky O_O. Damn. Even if it's dry, it seems a little mean at times.

I can understand, but I don't envy anyone who might take something the wrong way.

I know some people were questioning this because Gillian has always said that she doesn't like the red hair, and she has to film The Fall later this year, for which her hair has to be blonde. So people were wondering if she was going to wear a wig for X-Files so that she didn't have to go through the process of coloring her hair back to back.

I did smh at the person asking for David to marry Gillian.

I missed this, but yeah, that's pretty annoying. That's an annoying question to ask even a couple that you personally know and that have been dating each other for a long time, lol. But David seems to be open to joking about the rumors about him and Gillian; he's brought it up a couple of times in recent interviews. So hopefully, he's not too put off by crazy fans anymore.

This is going to be really stupid and petty of me, but I'm sad her hair is going to have to be long for X-Files.  Mentally, Dana Scully has shorter hair and I can't quite shake that visual.  It's dumb, and I can appreciate that it's dumb, but I still miss her old Scully hair.  Something about her hair in IWTB just didn't work for me.

#pettyproblems

• Love 3

I don't think it's petty or stupid. One of the things that made Scully stand out all those years ago was that they didn't treat her character (or Gillian's appearance) the way most actresses on TV back then (and now, for that matter) have been treated. Scully was unique. She dressed smartly, and she wasn't all glammed up. It gave her character strength and power in a way that wasn't so tied to sexuality or appearance. She was a woman, and an attractive one at that, but we got to see the entire package, rather than see her treated as some big-boobed bimbo. It was so appealing and refreshing, in an age of Baywatch babes and Playboy bunnies and female characters presented only for their appearance, not their brains or their abilities or their emotional strength.

To see Scully more glammed up with the long hair just doesn't seem like Scully. Gillian provides the gravitas, of course, so Scully will never be an idiot. But the appearance does affect the presentation of character. It's why I don't love the character Beckett on Castle as much as I did in the early seasons of that show -- she started out with shorter hair, more casual makeup, and outfits that highlighted her, not made her seem like a runway model when she's supposed to be a cop. Now she's got this long flowing glam hair and heavier makeup and she runs in these massive high heels, and I just think... what happened to the Beckett that I loved and admired?

I know long hair doesn't equate anything, it's just hair. But in an overall presentation of character, we've gotten to know these women as more focused on career than appearance. To see them in a ponytail fits their character as we've gotten to know them. They want things out of the way so they can get down to what's really important in their lives and do their jobs. In contrast, to see them all dolled up as if they've been to hair and makeup before hitting the streets to get witness statements... it breaks from the groundedness of the show and the character we've gotten to know.

• Love 2

This is going to be really stupid and petty of me, but I'm sad her hair is going to have to be long for X-Files.  Mentally, Dana Scully has shorter hair and I can't quite shake that visual.  It's dumb, and I can appreciate that it's dumb, but I still miss her old Scully hair.  Something about her hair in IWTB just didn't work for me.

#pettyproblems

Nah it's not. But to be honest, I wasn't a fan of the older Scully hair :\ *shrug*. And people change their hair all the time. But I do agree about IWTB in that regard. It just seemed flat. Wish it would had waves or something.

I don't think it's petty or stupid. One of the things that made Scully stand out all those years ago was that they didn't treat her character (or Gillian's appearance) the way most actresses on TV back then (and now, for that matter) have been treated. Scully was unique. She dressed smartly, and she wasn't all glammed up. It gave her character strength and power in a way that wasn't so tied to sexuality or appearance. She was a woman, and an attractive one at that, but we got to see the entire package, rather than see her treated as some big-boobed bimbo. It was so appealing and refreshing, in an age of Baywatch babes and Playboy bunnies and female characters presented only for their appearance, not their brains or their abilities or their emotional strength.

To see Scully more glammed up with the long hair just doesn't seem like Scully. Gillian provides the gravitas, of course, so Scully will never be an idiot. But the appearance does affect the presentation of character. It's why I don't love the character Beckett on Castle as much as I did in the early seasons of that show -- she started out with shorter hair, more casual makeup, and outfits that highlighted her, not made her seem like a runway model when she's supposed to be a cop. Now she's got this long flowing glam hair and heavier makeup and she runs in these massive high heels, and I just think... what happened to the Beckett that I loved and admired?

I know long hair doesn't equate anything, it's just hair. But in an overall presentation of character, we've gotten to know these women as more focused on career than appearance. To see them in a ponytail fits their character as we've gotten to know them. They want things out of the way so they can get down to what's really important in their lives and do their jobs. In contrast, to see them all dolled up as if they've been to hair and makeup before hitting the streets to get witness statements... it breaks from the groundedness of the show and the character we've gotten to know.

Exactly. But they still treated her as mainly sexless though, as a virgin. And that's the problem. She can be strong otherwise, just NOT sexually. She can't own her own sexuality.

And that's where long hair comes in. They try to take away their sexuality by saying that women can't have brains and be beautiful (ie: have long hair, etc.). The good old 'blonde bimbo' stereotype.  Which isn't the case. It shouldn't be a big deal. You brought up a great point, that it's JUST hair! Exactly. It shouldn't matter. Yea that wouldn't be good. But tbh, how was she 'dolled' up  in IWTB? It reminded me of s1 Scully in a way. She wore her hair up in some of those episodes too.   

What counts is whether the characters get to evolve and change and that the writing is good.

Which brings me to ANOTHER point, Chris needs help in the humor and the dialogue department! :D Some of both in IWTB had me cringing >_<. I felt sorry for him.

And that's where long hair comes in. They figure that it takes away from a woman. Which isn't the case. It shouldn't be a big deal. You brought up a great point, that it's JUST hair! Exactly. It shouldn't matter. What counts is whether the characters get to evolve and change and that the writing is good.

I think the issue I just had was when it felt like the appearance wasn't "in character." A woman who works 24/7 in a dangerous field is not likely to wear her hair down and flowing like Barbie, you know what I mean? Gillian is a beautiful woman, regardless of how glammed up she is, so I feel like she doesn't need anything that takes away from what's believable for her character. Then I become too focused on, wow, would Scully (or Beckett, in the case of the show Castle) really wear that much makeup? Would she run around with her hair down when it might get in the way of her trying to get off a good shot at a fleeing criminal?

It's a nitpick, to be sure, but I do think sometimes TV shows go over the top with how they present women, instead of allowing them to be more real or natural. What I've always loved about Scully (no matter her hair length or style) was how natural she seemed. That made her beautiful, and fully "herself," if that makes any sense.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

I think the issue I just had was when it felt like the appearance wasn't "in character." A woman who works 24/7 in a dangerous field is not likely to wear her hair down and flowing like Barbie, you know what I mean? Gillian is a beautiful woman, regardless of how glammed up she is, so I feel like she doesn't need anything that takes away from what's believable for her character. Then I become too focused on, wow, would Scully (or Beckett, in the case of the show Castle) really wear that much makeup? Would she run around with her hair down when it might get in the way of her trying to get off a good shot at a fleeing criminal?

It's a nitpick, to be sure, but I do think sometimes TV shows go over the top with how they present women, instead of allowing them to be more real or natural. What I've always loved about Scully (no matter her hair length or style) was how natural she seemed. That made her beautiful, and fully "herself," if that makes any sense.

Fair point. But that happens on a LOT of tv shows today! Realism be damned. Sure it doesn't make sense entirely, but frankly I don't care all that much. As long as the writing is good.

As for makeup, I didn't think it was all that much *shrug*. 

As for makeup, I didn't think it was all that much *shrug*.

For that, I'm referring more to the Castle detective character. Scully's makeup has always been fine. I'm just talking in an overall sense about whether or not certain elements seem "in character." 

I don't usually mind terribly, it's certainly not a huge deal (though I do think it's more noticeable when they first start out presenting a character a specific way and then start to glam them up, and I feel like it's just not necessary). But when the show seemed to be struggling with its tone in the later seasons or with the films, I felt that sometimes it seemed they were losing grasp on a lot of things, including who the characters were, and appearance started to seep into that.

I do wonder if they'll have trouble writing these characters when it's been so long. They may fall into stereotypes or generalities based on fuzzy memories instead of returning to the source material that made the show so terrific in the first place. I'd really love to see a return to the tone of the earlier seasons (for me that's usually seasons 1 through 5). That's when they were on fire.

For that, I'm referring more to the Castle detective character. Scully's makeup has always been fine. I'm just talking in an overall sense about whether or not certain elements seem "in character." 

I don't usually mind terribly, it's certainly not a huge deal (though I do think it's more noticeable when they first start out presenting a character a specific way and then start to glam them up, and I feel like it's just not necessary). But when the show seemed to be struggling with its tone in the later seasons or with the films, I felt that sometimes it seemed they were losing grasp on a lot of things, including who the characters were, and appearance started to seep into that.

I do wonder if they'll have trouble writing these characters when it's been so long. They may fall into stereotypes or generalities based on fuzzy memories instead of returning to the source material that made the show so terrific in the first place. I'd really love to see a return to the tone of the earlier seasons (for me that's usually seasons 1 through 5). That's when they were on fire.

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't think so imo. I think it was more of a case of the writers starting to lose interest in the show, along with the actors in part.

Fair point. Look at the comics O_o. Those have M & S looking like they did back then. It's like they're trying to milk as much as they can from that era. Sorry guys, but it's not that point in time anymore. M & S aren't the same people anymore. I don't mind the comics. But I'm glad that Chris isn't going from them thankfully (and hopefully). They're owed the chance to be adults in an adult relationship. They can still kick ass.

• Love 1

A woman who works 24/7 in a dangerous field is not likely to wear her hair down and flowing like Barbie, you know what I mean?

YES.  It drove me crazy when they started having Olivia wear her hair down most of the time in Fringe.  It's like girl, please.  I have long hair and I can't even load the dishwasher without my hair getting in the way.

• Love 3

I take your general point, but when she had the long hair was in IWTB, in which she was not shooting at fleeing criminals or working 24/7 in a dangerous field. 

The heels were always a bit silly on the series, but Gillian could actually run in them (Stephanie Zimbalist of Remington Steele is still the champ, but GA did pretty well) so I could wave it away much easier with Scully than with a lot of female law enforcement characters.

• Love 1

I have to admit, one of the funniest scenes was the L.A. episode when Scully was running back and forth in heels, trying to teach the Movie Scully (Tea Leoni) how to run in them, while Garry Shandling's character was having a conversation with Mulder in the foreground.

• Love 5

I have to admit, one of the funniest scenes was the L.A. episode when Scully was running back and forth in heels, trying to teach the Movie Scully (Tea Leoni) how to run in them, while Garry Shandling's character was having a conversation with Mulder in the foreground.

Yea that was priceless lol.

(edited)

I understand wanting Scully's shorter hair back. When I think "Scully" it's certainly how I picture the hair, season 3-5 hair, but personally it will probably not distract me if her hair is longer and wavier in the reboot. If her hair ain't red, though, that would be a massive distraction. That's the most important thing.

Anyway, this post was mostly just an excuse to post this great link that I just remembered exists:

http://the-caps-files.livejournal.com/9508.html

I wish the poster didn't stop after season 1.

Edited by joelene
  • Love 1

Thanks for the links!

That top one, title wise, had me XD.

X-files writer in Brisbane to teach sexy sci-fi writing <-- Oh the irony!

Will give it a listen tonight :).

I love that Piper will be working in the art department. It must be emotionally satisfying for everyone involved to be able to revisit the project that launched all their careers, and in Piper's case, launched her life :)

• Love 1

#pettyproblems

I completely understand this. In my head Scully has a red bob. I known that people do change their hair all the time (hell, the the last five years I've had shoulder blade length black hair, pixie cut brown hair with blonde highlights, pixie cut black hair, pixie cut blonde hair, red bobbed hair and presently, pink, purple and blue bobbed hair) but over the nine years of the show Scully had nothing but red, bobbed hair, there were some slight variations on a theme but essentially the same. I never think of Scully looking any different and have difficulty imaging it, even after IWTB.

That said I would much rather have Scully with long hair, hell, I'd probably even prefer a Blonde Scully, to Scully in a bad wig.

• Love 2

There are no spoilers in the portion of this Grantland interview with DD that talks about the XF revival; as he says, he just plain doesn't know what's going to happen.  But his reason - in addition to "pure greed" - for thinking XF deserves another shot gets at what I liked about the show, why I'm more hopeful for this short-run TV series than I would be a third film, and why I strongly prefer a mix of episodes over a mytharc miniseries:

“It was a great strength of the show,” he says. “The flexible frame. It could be comedy, it could be drama, it could be a thriller, it could be a horror movie, it could be a conspiracy movie, it could be a love story.”

Amusingly, he doesn't remember much about William, and misremembers their relationship in IWTB.  Talking about the confusion he and GA felt near the end of the series due to the ambiguity of the relationship, William, etc., he says: 

“We didn’t know. We’d be like, Are we married? What are we? In the last movie, we were married.”

Ha - the things they forget, or misremember, always amuse me.

• Love 1

There are no spoilers in the portion of this Grantland interview with DD that talks about the XF revival; as he says, he just plain doesn't know what's going to happen.  But his reason - in addition to "pure greed" - for thinking XF deserves another shot gets at what I liked about the show, why I'm more hopeful for this short-run TV series than I would be a third film, and why I strongly prefer a mix of episodes over a mytharc miniseries:

Amusingly, he doesn't remember much about William, and misremembers their relationship in IWTB.  Talking about the confusion he and GA felt near the end of the series due to the ambiguity of the relationship, William, etc., he says: 

Ha - the things they forget, or misremember, always amuse me.

Yep gotta make hay while the sun shines :P. 

Same here. I think he said something like that before XD. Too cute.

Edit: Someone on Twitter asked for a gag reel :D. Too cute :P. The IWTB one was fun to watch. Hope it works out.

Edit, Edit: Just thought about it, if it's another 6 years to the next one... DD will be 60 :O. Boy do I feel old. GA will be 51. Wow time passes fast!

We now have a premiere date and time!

Sunday, January 24th -- 10pm

Then it's moving to Mondays at 8pm :), for the next 5 episodes. Also, heads up! It's a 2 night premiere! There's another episode on Monday at its regular time.

Source: vulture.com

Nothing really new from the upfronts.

Here's the lowdown:

TV Guide ‏@TVGuide  11m11 minutes ago
X-Files reboot will be a mixture of standalones and deeper mythology, Dana Walden says #FOXupfront

TV Tango ‏@TVTango  12m12 minutes ago
#FOXUpfront Dana Walden, Chairman & CEO Fox TV Group, says: "Have you ever met Chris Carter? He doesn't tell us a lot" about X FILES.

Ah good old Chris. Same old, same old.

Source: #foxupfront, via Twitter

• Love 1

I am stalking twitter like it's my job right now.  Not sure why, because the Fox upfront isn't until this afternoon.

That's me with tumblr right now. David's been spotted at the NBC upfronts already. 

We now have a premiere date and time!

Sunday, January 24th -- 10pm

Right after the NFC championship game. I'm going to have to hope the Seahawks don't make it to the championship this year so that I can be sober for the premiere, haha :)

• Love 2

Me too!

It's a hoot! 

On a random note, found a manip I saw some years back.

Credit goes to whoever originally made it.

54972165wth.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHH my eyes, my eyes!! O_o

Someone photoshopped Chris and Frank onto David and Gillian.

Pretty dang creepy looking XD.

Inside the X is my favorite go-to site for episode transcripts, to double check quotes from episodes and all that sort of fun stuff.  Especially because it's been a while since I've watched my DVDs so my memory is getting a little fuzzy on certain episodes or what the characters say in them.

Except for Scully's cream cheese rant in Bad Blood. That's unforgettable. (LOL.)

• Love 1

Inside the X is my favorite go-to site for episode transcripts, to double check quotes from episodes and all that sort of fun stuff.  Especially because it's been a while since I've watched my DVDs so my memory is getting a little fuzzy on certain episodes or what the characters say in them.

Except for Scully's cream cheese rant in Bad Blood. That's unforgettable. (LOL.)

Me too. It's been a while since I've been on there.

Thank you Shit Between Us! They have some good scans from David's new Tv Guide interview: here's the link to page 2, he mentions something kind of funny about getting back with Gillian to do the new episodes XD.

Start from "Even though Duchovny has yet to see a script," and go from there.

Yea that was too cute :). I saw an interview with Glen Morgan recently that mentioned that he got emotional writing the characters again after so long away from them.

I saw this out take from Castle ('Always') recently that is just really good. I could see something like this for Moose and Squirrel. It still leaves a lot to the imagination ;).

I have some GREAT news! Frank's going to be a part of things after all! Darrin's been confirmed too :). Scratch that about Frank, for now at least. Ausiello's been getting conflicting info on it, so for now it's still up in the air.

Here's the link. Thanks to Ausiello.

Source: tvline.com

On a side note, was looking for more confirmation about Frank and I came across this from Cherish the Past about Alone.

Some things that stood out from it:

-- "David is great to work with because he is not only a great actor, and very funny and charming, but he really stimulates your thinking and challenges you to do better," said Spotnitz. "The scene between Mulder and Scully as they were preparing to go to Lamaze class was improved immeasurably by the ad libs that he came up with on the set."

-- "It was strange to see Mulder and Scully in that situation -- getting ready to go to Lamaze class," Spotnitz quipped. "At the time 'Alone' aired, we still had not revealed the paternity of Scully's baby, although Mulder and Scully presumably knew whether they had consummated their relationship. And so the scene was meant as a tease -- did they or didn't they? Was Mulder just being a good friend helping her with Lamaze class or was it more?"

-- "Later," added Spotnitz, "we found out it was more."

God bless you, Frank :). Didn't know that the Lamaze scene was ad libbed. It was too cute and one of my favorite scenes.

• Love 1

Wow. Small world! Check this out you guys! Fox recognizing XF fan art. I remember when they used to be against that stuff. Glad they've come around. Note: I know it's for free advertising for what it's worth. Fox is still Fox in that regard.

Source: fox.com

It's kind of neat :). I hope they cycle through more of it!

• Love 1

Oh irony, thy name is Chris Carter! Here's a nice look back to the past!

Source: perplexistan

Damn I remember that! It was one of the reasons that I became a shipper. He was such a BIG noromo! :p

Strange and funny how things turned out.

Is that a strange, unexplainable, unlikely... wedding ring? 

That's what I was thinking. But we saw it via the Dallas Comic con too, along with other events. Who knows at this stage though?

We have to see something via David too before we can be sure.

Seriously, this shit is getting weird :P. I remember some of us on Haven guessing about this back during the IWTB hype. Who'd ever think we'd get to the point where it could be for real? O_O

I'm so hyped I just wished her, David and Mitch luck on Twitter.

• Love 1

Gillian's interviews about Twitter is confusing me. This looks like it's her posting but at one point she said she had a minion who tweeted things for her and another time (recently) she said she's not on Twitter.

Gillian's interviews about Twitter is confusing me. This looks like it's her posting but at one point she said she had a minion who tweeted things for her and another time (recently) she said she's not on Twitter.

It's her.

I think the more business like tweets are via her helper.

Maybe she forgot :p. We all know her memory lol.