Type keyword(s) to search

Kroll Show - General Discussion

ApathyMonger
  • Start Topic

Editor's Note:

Discuss Kroll Show here!

Possibly my favourite episode yet. Love all the new recurring sketches/characters they've added this season, like the Shark Tank one, or Madison Chooses (which I guess was a Felicity parody?).

I wanted more Bob Ducca though.

(I'm watching on Hulu so I just saw this one.)

Agree that this was my favorite of the season so far, but was really disappointed that there was so little Bob Ducca! Jane Levy was really great, though.

I've never heard of/had butter tarts (dirty American here) but your description made me want them immediately. I've recently found out I'm allergic to tree nuts so no more pecan pie for me. Seriously all I want to do is go home and make butter tarts and FedEx some to Tara (I can't have 16 tarts tempting me and my office is full of non sweet eaters/can't be trusted). 

I think all of the contestants on "Show Us Your Song, Toronto" were actual stunt Canadians. Nathan Fielder, Jon LaJoie, Bruce McCulloch, and, um, probably whoever the comedian was.

Just wanted to see if anybody caught the sneak preview of the final season. It was a good taste of things to come, with a Bobby Bottleservice movie and a new show with C-Czar and Cute Liz, Toilet Dad. Oh, and CT from The Challenge pops up, which surprised the heck out of me. Sadly, no nieces named Denise showed up. At least not tonight. 

"CT is a monster"? Tell me something I don't know, Kroll Show. And thanks for showing off "Bananas Backpack," which ranks as one of the funniest moments in Challenge history. Seriously, I hope CT gets worked into as much of this season as possible, because I'm getting sick of thinking about him and poor Diem. We can speculate what king of gigolo CT would be, and what would get him to sell his body for money.

I really hope "Wheels, Ontario" isn't that offensive to Canadians. Also looking forward to seeing more Bobby Bottleservice down the line. I remember what he wants on his tombstone: "VODKA, JESUS, REVENGE."

ETA: Anybody want to speculate how Kroll Show will end? I'm betting all of his characters will meet each other, and the show implodes thusly.

No PubLizity. Sadface. I have come to recognize that whiny nasal drone in real life so often, and then I mock it to myself.

I, too, am in denial that this is the last season. I love this show so much, even the parts I don't love. How am I going to get my Kroll fix after this and The League depart??

I cannot get enough of Farley and Bobby. I like the cut with the actors where Chelsea said she likes how Farley doesn't take any bs from Bobby. 

Honesly, 'ooooh you ate a apple' had me *dying*.

• Love 1

I can only deal with so much George and Gil. However, Ottawanna Go To Bed is one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard. I'm a grown ass Manitoba!

Where did they find those girls for the fan club? They're hilarious. 

The European man is my favorite character. Just because he's always around and doesn't have much of a purpose like the others. I didn't realize he hasn't a name. You are half hour too late is perfect. I hope when we find him he is eating sausages and with a toddler drinking wine. I think this is a whole set up though and Roman is the killer. 

It would be great if the did some post series special. I like the asides from all the actors and I'd really be interested in their take on the characters and the show as a whole. 

The pleep ploop song was inane. It's one of those things where you're like 'wtf, that's not so funny,' but it goes on long enough that it's funny. There's no set up or punch line to it.

Edited by ganesh

Glad to see I'm not the only one to disliking "Oh Hello" guys. A lot of the time, I'm just cringing at their antics. I know, that's the point, but it's not that much fun.

I think Dr. Armond's peak came in the first season finale  .. . or maybe I liked seeing Maria Bamford play a pug-obssessed woman looking for a new dog.

I don't care much about Dr. Armand specifically, but the endless reality show sign-offs and cross-overs will never get old to me.

Really the only characters I don't like are Oh Hello.

I really hope we'll be seeing Publizity and Rich Dicks soon.

Edited by FastLou
Honesly, 'ooooh you ate a apple' had me *dying*.

YES!!!   When playing HORSE, and the host (Paul Scheer) said "It seems they don't understand the rules" and Farley says "Yeah but who does", just the way Chelsea delivers that line had me on the floor. 

I've always liked Nick but just never caught the show til lately.  I have been LMAO the last couple days watching it on demand.  Who does he know that he got Laura Dern to play his mother?  "Mom we are straight up villains!!" 

Forgive this male for asking . . . what's wrong with bangs?

Speaking of hair . . . when did Henry Rollins go grey? And how come we didn't get to see his trucker character go sickhouse on George and Gil?

when did Henry Rollins go grey?

He's been naturally highlighted quite a few years. lol If you didn't know: he hosts a show on the History channel called "10 Things You Don't Know About" that is very interesting. He admits being a history buff, so he asks lots of questions, is a natural interviewer and very personable. I have never liked history, nor Rollins Band, but his show keeps me watching, learning new things and crushing on him now.

Henry Rollins is in his 50s, so it's not that unreasonable that he'd be grey. I haven't watched his show on the history channel, but every time he pops up on tv, I've always liked him. I remember him being on the radio on Loveline with Dr Drew and Adam Corolla.

LA Deli is an awesome song. There's not enough Denise for me. I noticed she was singing the songs from the Wheels Ontario actor. 

Since this is this the last season, I wonder if there's a wrap up for her.