Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: All About Jessa

The flag football game sounds like something different for the Duggars. But as another poster noticed, it looks the guys are the one playing with the gals in the stands. God forbid one of the girls could play a sport in that family.

• Love 6

I just don't like Jessa. I see her as the fundie equivalent of a Mean Girl, and I would so much rather see an hour of Joy or Jana.

Slightly off topic, but I can't be the only one who has related the Duggars to Mean Girls, right? Jessa is definitely Regina George. Then I would say Jill is Karen (sorry, she just seems so clueless to me), Jinger is Gretchen (she's Jessa's minion) and Jana is Cady.

J'chelle doesn't even go here.

• Love 10

I just don't like Jessa. I see her as the fundie equivalent of a Mean Girl, and I would so much rather see an hour of Joy or Jana.

Ha, that's the same reason I like Jessa. I'm tired of the girls keeping it sweet all the time, I'd rather take a b*tch than a brainwashed happy kool-aid girl. But I do agree on seeing more Joy and Jana. And Jinger too. Or any of the non married duggars really.

• Love 14

Slightly off topic, but I can't be the only one who has related the Duggars to Mean Girls, right? Jessa is definitely Regina George. Then I would say Jill is Karen (sorry, she just seems so clueless to me), Jinger is Gretchen (she's Jessa's minion) and Jana is Cady.

J'chelle doesn't even go here.

Remember the wedding makeover episode where the four or five eldest girls walked side by side in slow motion with some wind. All they needed was that Missy Elliot song playing and they'd be The Plastics walking down the hall.

• Love 8

I used to be in the camp that Josie was a bit slow. But nope. Not anymore.

When she said "Ben is big and can pick Jessa up" I just knew that Little Miss has it all figured out. She knows exactly what Jessa is after and she knows Big Ben is gonna give it to her.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 5

Pass the cornea bleach, but Bin is kind of hot from the neck down.

Aaaand then ... he opens his mouth.

Yes, yes. We've all had the super hot but super dumb man (or lady) meat. "Shhh...baby. Don't speak"

Lucky for us we didn't have to marry him just to sample the goods.

• Love 14

Riddle me this. ..they have to side hug their own brothers and Dad but Jessa was fine with her ass smashed against the sky diving instructors groin. MEchelle too. Oh these rapscallions! I can't figure their rules out. Didn't help that the instructor looked like Kodouche from Sister Wives.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 13

I gotta say, I like Jessa.  Jessa has a personality and she's not afraid to show it.  Bitchy?  Maybe but it's still a personality.  Also, she doesn't seem that she will be entering the high, sweet squeaky voice territory anytime soon.  You go, Jessa.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 12

They replayed the bankruptcy lesson snippet. It was a classic Duggar moment.

And I also wondered about Michelle ans Jessa dueling spooning with the parachute instructors. Yowsa!

Edited by NJRach
  • Love 5

Surprised but I like Jessa more after this episode.  

Wanted to shake MEchelle when she talked about not knowing who would take over Jessa's responsibilities and how they will have big shoes to fill- but wake up you stupid bitch.  You are the mother in this house.  How about YOU!  

What a great bachelor party!  The women watch the men.  lol  Funny they are so programmed that only men play sports.  My daughter was the first to play football in our county (with all boys).  What a shock to get up off the ground and realize the person that tackled you was a girl.  Yea, she had her time of playing with dolls and cheerleading but also realized she wanted to play.  Very sad that none of these girls have ever played a team sport- or boys for that matter.  

Very sad when MEchelle was talking about Jessa lining up her baby dolls!  I guess with a boy it would be lining up Tonka trucks and see which one can cause a gas explosion first.

Also, did anyone notice the guy behind Boob just after the football game with the short sleeve black shirt that walked away when Boob was speaking.  I think he had to move so he could laugh.  Couldn't tell if it was a Duggar boy or someone else.  If it was a Duggar, I can only guess Josiah.  

• Love 8

Who does Ben's (Seewald's) dad remind me of?

For me, there's a little Steve Carrell there [with apologies to Steve].

Edited to add: PS - oops, just read the other replies. Great minds think alike, I guess - LOL.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 1

Did anyone notice that Ben's father said, "We trained him right"? (or something like that?)  I don't know it just seemed wrong.  I have heard parents say, "We've taught him/her" or "We hope we raised him/her right so he/she will be a good person."  But TRAINED?  Uh - just no.

Also - I didn't think that the Duggers knew how to play any team sports.

• Love 11

The "trained" comment quirked me out.  Who uses that as a description for how they raised their child? You train your child to go to the bathroom, you train your dog to heal, you don't train your child into adult hood (and I picked those 2 references on purpose).   The other word I hated was when one of the women said something about how all the women got to have some great "fellowship" time. I hate that term when refering to people to get together. 

Of course the miracle had to have a spot in the story - though it did illustrate a good thing about Jessa. And Me'chelle had to put in a "season of life" reference.  It seems to me that Jill and Derric might have some regrets about  baby dilly being conceived so soon.  The way they talk, they are happy, but they keep saying things like "spending as much time as a couple together" and telling Jessa and Ben to enjoy their time together while they can.

• Love 4

This was so painful to watch.

-Yes, Jill a person has a different relationship with their spouse than a family member or the other person you said.

-Jill and Derick giving relationship advice.

-Ben's father saying he trained Ben right.

-Ben's father saying Ben is mature enough to be married.

-JD acting almighty around Ben.

-Ben saying the relationship advice was a blessing.

-How many times could Ben and Jessa say awesome.

-Michelle and her season of life.

They always say trained instead of taught. It's referring to a bible verse. " train up a child in the way he should go and he will not depart from it." Sadly, it's also the name of a Christian child abuse manual and I was given a copy at my baby shower.

Yeah, girls on the sidelines just watching and not participating in the game. Blah.

Love how jessa was squeezing Ben's guns in the pre-game scene!

• Love 5

I found it sad that her family thinks her best quality is being organized. Don't get me wrong, I value organizational skills, but it's nothing I'd want written on my tombstone.

• Love 10

Anyone know who the girl sitting next to Jinger at the game was?  She was wearing a colorful beanie hat.  Cute girl/looked like a Bates girl but I'm pretty sure she isn't.  She seemed to be shown a lot this episode.  Wonder if she's anyone special to a Duggar boy.

Edited by woodscommaelle

MEchelle says that Bin is very articulate (which he isn't), so that makes him an artist. That is not what that word means. Someone needs to lay off the bankruptcy law and learn some fucking English.

Don't really have a response to this comment- except to say that it made me LMAO!

• Love 12

Did anyone notice that Ben's father said, "We trained him right"? (or something like that?)  I don't know it just seemed wrong.  I have heard parents say, "We've taught him/her" or "We hope we raised him/her right so he/she will be a good person."  But TRAINED?  Uh - just no.

Also - I didn't think that the Duggers knew how to play any team sports.

Yea, I know.  For a moment I thought I was watching an episode of Cesar Millan.  

• Love 3

MEchelle says that Bin is very articulate (which he isn't), so that makes him an artist. That is not what that word means. Someone needs to lay off the bankruptcy law and learn some fucking English.

I think Michelle has the secret hots for Ben. I had a good chuckle when she said that.

Did anyone catch next weeks preview where Jinger mouthed "I love you" to Jessa right before she was to walk down the aisle? That touched me as much or more than Josie saying she was her buddy and she loves her! So many raw emotions and feelings from the Dugger kids! It is a shocker.

• Love 10

"besties"  I've heard other people say it, but it's annoying. 

I'm trying to remember, but did also show pre-wedding events in all about Jill?

Mechelle:  "The children all have different roles, but they all work together as a team so things roll smoothly." Why are the children a team not the whole family including the parents?  Mechelle in most families the mother or father makes sure things roll smoothly. 

Mechelle: "We decided to homeschool when Josh was 8 months old." 

I didn't watch a lot of the early seasons, so finally seeing the crappy homeschooling. 

I'm glad Jessa was able to leave before Josie graduates. Mechelle you have a high school diploma and are no longer breast feeding. You do the schooling. Also didn't I read they hired tutors? I would like to see more homeschooling with the current younger kids.

I put money on Jinger as the next Duggar daughter married. 

Maybe the girls should have taken the field after the boys while they watched if part of the point was to keep the men and women segregated (like a traditional Bachelor/Bachelorette party).

Grandma: "I do about 70 to 80 loads of laundry a week for the family." Free Grandma! Find a courtship for her. She's very pretty. I'm sure she can find someone.

The same way the boys now have to learn to cook. I have feeling they're going to have to learn to pack for themselves. 

I admire Jessa's organization skills. Like sincerely admire her.  I can't tell if she wants to create structure in a house of chaos or control something in a life with little to control or both.  I could see either Johannah or Jennifer becoming like Jessa. 

Ben's family described him as kind. My mother would approve. 

I think Ben and Jessa are most like J Bob and Mechelle. I would easily believe he (JimBob) said goofy romantic things to her and she laughed at them with her friends.

Michelle" Of course when Jessa has children she will want to stay home with the children and so that's motivation for her to learn how to cook." 

Sigh.

Ben looks  so young.

Michelle seems to relate to them (Benessa) better than Jill and Derrick. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

Yes, I think she mixed up articulate and artistic.  Og knows home boy is not articulate.

• Love 6

I found it sad that her family thinks her best quality is being organized. Don't get me wrong, I value organizational skills, but it's nothing I'd want written on my tombstone.

They implied she has more skills than organizational.  Don't forget several of the children, very politely, implied that Jessa is also bossy as hell.  That's sure to come in handy in her marriage.  Maybe they'll present Ben with a wedding day plaque that says, "Don't mess with Jess!"

• Love 4