Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Jessa and Ben Wedding Sneak Peek

Any suggestions for words for the Drinking Game we can play for the big wedding episode? We have so many to choose from .......we may not make it til the end of the episode.

Has every one dusted off their duck tape dresses & flip flops from Jill's wedding to wear to Jessa's or did you buy something new?

Get your popcorn & Raisinets ready -- TLC is running another Duggar marathon tomorrow with episodes leading up to the wedding. Not to mention the special "Duggar Brides" episode they just ran tonight. It was just the Jerick wedding with previews of Benessa's. For those who missed it, they're running it again in a few hours.

I'm off to my 12 step Duggar Anonymous meeting mentioned in another thread. My first step is realizing this family is taking over my life. Lol.

How about taking a drink every time something different is said or happens? This way I'm almost positive no one will get fall-down drunk. Except for the "private first kiss" I don't think there'll be much that IS different however. Boob will drone on repeatedly about how [A] people are coming in from all over for the wedding and how aghast he is that he's giving another daughter in marriage - just yesterday she was playing with baby dolls. Me-chelle will chirp away about being ready for a "new season of life" and more grandbabies. That bogus wedding planner will confirm that she's not a professional - in any way - by flipping out at one contrived "crisis" or another. Josh will most likely do something asinine too. He's already announced that he won't be arriving until 4 hours before the wedding. Dollars to doughnuts, there will be a "Will-Josh-make-it-on-time?" plotline.

On second thought, we may need coffee instead of liquor for this episode.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 6

My grandmother lived to a good age and never, ever used soap on her face.  She cleaned with the cheap stuff in a blue container.  No wrinkles, great complexion.  My BFF only cleans with PONDS.  She's getting up there now (not me of course, I lie better) and she has no wrinkles, and smooth skin.  Now somebody tell me what is the stuff as cheap as Ponds that my grandmother used, in the blue container.

My grandmother lived to a good age and never, ever used soap on her face.  She cleaned with the cheap stuff in a blue container.  No wrinkles, great complexion.  My BFF only cleans with PONDS.  She's getting up there now (not me of course, I lie better) and she has no wrinkles, and smooth skin.  Now somebody tell me what is the stuff as cheap as Ponds that my grandmother used, in the blue container.

Blue container? Sounds like Noxzema. Is that still around?

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 1

I use Noxzema! Always have, and no wrinkles here, either. Of course, my skin is still on the oily side, which helps.

I never really had much acne until I got pregnant with my first, at 24, and then cystic acne hit. I'm hoping Jessa is spared a worse case of acne, and that pregnancy actually helps her skin. I still don't get why they don't see a dermatologist, though.

I got married on the dais/stage of my church. We called it the platform, but it was a stage. And I'm with Jessa - I was glad to see a church with pews. I hate stadium seats.

• Love 2

My eyes rolled back in my head when Bin talked about getting up on the"stage" in the church. Between that and the church light show, and talk of stadium seats in church - very classy, LOL.

I got married on the dais/stage of my church. We called it the platform, but it was a stage. And I'm with Jessa - I was glad to see a church with pews. I hate stadium seats.

Yeah, I try not to get to judgmental about how different people do church, including the names we have for things. It's just a matter of custom. Just because you call the sanctuary/nave an "auditorium" or the entranceway/narthex a "lobby" doesn't mean that church is just another performance space to those who worship there. I'm personally not a fan of stadium seating and am glad my church's otherwise modern design has pews, but I can understand why some have gone in that direction if they think it better fits their preferred style of worship.

I know the idea of a modern light show in a church service may strike a lot of us as odd, but remember that there are ceremonies and traditions in some of the older Christian denominations that seem very theatrical and strange to those who are not familiar with that style of worship. Different strokes, yo.

• Love 3

Blue container? Sounds like Noxzema. Is that still around?

Yep, my mom uses it or did until she hit 85 and stopped caring. She has nice skin. Noxzema was sort of a family joke. If you skinned  your knee or had pimples mom said to just use Noxzema and it will fix it right up.

• Love 1

I can't grasp how the Duggar children even have a sense of how a sanctuary should traditionally be. Haven't they nearly always worshiped in a home setting? Emotionally it is so important to me that the room to which I go to worship communally be a sanctuary and not an auditorium. I'm not criticizing people who prefer the auditorium.  I'm certain God is fine with either. :-)

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 3

Yep, my mom uses it or did until she hit 85 and stopped caring. She has nice skin. Noxzema was sort of a family joke. If you skinned your knee or had pimples mom said to just use Noxzema and it will fix it right up.

No no. You are supposed to put Windex on it :-)

• Love 6

I can't grasp how the Duggar children even have a sense of how a sanctuary should traditionally be.

What is traditional to one church is weird to another. I recently started going to a church that has a lobby and an auditorium.  The band is on a stage, and the pastor stands or sits up there when he speaks. There is a projector screen and the pastor uses presentations for his sermon.  We sit in chairs like you would find lined up in a conference center.

This IS the tradition in this type of church. A sanctuary/alter/narthex is not part of this sect's tradition.

(It is also not a very big church. I've never counted but I don't think there are more than 100 seats.)

• Love 1

I'm betting the church the Seewalds attend is more formal. And Jessa wanted to make a good impression on her future in laws by being in a church that wasn't quite so stagey.

I use Noxzema! Always have, and no wrinkles here, either. Of course, my skin is still on the oily side, which helps.

I never really had much acne until I got pregnant with my first, at 24, and then cystic acne hit. I'm hoping Jessa is spared a worse case of acne, and that pregnancy actually helps her skin. I still don't get why they don't see a dermatologist, though.

I had really bad skin in college. I babysat for the loveliest family near campus, the dad was an OB/GYN - and he offered to give me a prescription for the pill because at the time it was supposed to help with that. I declined because I don't like to take meds on a long-term basis unless truly necessary; besides I thought the real cause was probably diet. Do people still take the pill for acne or has that theory been quashed?

I had really bad skin in college. I babysat for the loveliest family near campus, the dad was an OB/GYN - and he offered to give me a prescription for the pill because at the time it was supposed to help with that. I declined because I don't like to take meds on a long-term basis unless truly necessary; besides I thought the real cause was probably diet. Do people still take the pill for acne or has that theory been quashed?

my teen daughter does (and for painful and heavy cycles). Many of her friends do too

Please, let's bring this back to episode. I know, Jessa has acne. If you want to discuss your experience with dermatology etc, please note, "Taking to Small Talk" and continue the conversation there.

Thank you.

Taking to Small Talk.

• Love 1