Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Jessa and Ben Wedding Sneak Peek

Wow just wow. So the guide on my tv didn't explain that this was the proposal episode with little cutouts from the wedding. I watched most of the episode, but was so bored I flipped to other channels. Mainly we were shown a few minutes of Derrick painting Jill's toenails(!!!). The rest was mostly like looking at photos, and we heard a little music. 

I would personally would wear closed-toe shoes while pregnant, but then I don't romanticize being barefoot and pregnant. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

Wow just wow. So the guide on my tv didn't explain that this was the proposal episode with little cutouts from the wedding. I watched most of the episode, but was so bored I flipped to other channels. Mainly we were shown a few minutes of Derrick painting Jill's toenails(!!!). The rest was mostly like looking at photos, and we heard a little music. 

I would personally would wear closed-toe shoes while pregnant, but then I don't romanticize being barefoot and pregnant. 

Agree - VERY boring. I was surfing channels during this episode as well. And I've noticed I'm muting the sound on nearly all of Me-chelle's THs now.

• Love 2

It is really common around here for pregnant women to end up in flip flops, since their feet have swollen so much.  I mean, I've seen pregnant VPs in really nice suit-sets walk around the office in flip flops and manicured toes. 

Once you are pretty darn large, our company tends to look the other way on dress code, as long as you don't look a complete mess.

• Love 3

Some pictures from the wedding: http://seewalds.com/  Although not meant to be,  the faces in some are quite funny, to me.

I'm with you. I realize a couple of the shots were taken when they didn't realize it but some of the girls don't look too happy being there as if they were thinking what else could I be doing? Who is the shorter girl, 3rd back in line after Ben's sister in the first picture? When they showed the clip last night of Ben & the groomsmen walking in, I was thinking they didn't look too happy either like they were walking to slaughter.

• Love 2

Some pictures from the wedding: http://seewalds.com/ Although not meant to be, the faces in some are quite funny, to me.

Like Jill, Jessa's make-up is drug store brand and poorly applied.You would think TLC or People would have demanded make-up for HD cameras . It looks like it's smudged. You can also tell that Jessa didn't exfoliate the night before. Sorry for being shallow, I'm obsessed with skin care... but she looks sloppy.

• Love 2

Young photographer seems to think artistic equals serious more often than not! :)

And for all the talk about TLC comping this and that, they certainly have never paid for make up for the girls when it counts, have they? She looks aged between the weight loss and cheap pancake make-up in a way that is completely unnecessary.

• Love 4

Take a look at the photograph that's fourth from the bottom.  One of the bridesmaids has a real 'hate face' going on.  Whoever she is, she looked like she wanted to beat the happy couple with her bouquet and put a stop to the whole wedding!  I'd love to know the story behind that picture.

• Love 1

Some pictures from the wedding: http://seewalds.com/  Although not meant to be,  the faces in some are quite funny, to me.

When this guy learns to be a real photographer, he will realize that you don't have to put your copyright so huge on a photo.  It's annoying and distracting and he needs to learn the subtle gift of turning down the value of that copyright logo to maybe 20%.  He's looking for billboard appearance and no one really cares.  They are not going to hire you dude. 

• Love 2

When this guy learns to be a real photographer, he will realize that you don't have to put your copyright so huge on a photo.  It's annoying and distracting and he needs to learn the subtle gift of turning down the value of that copyright logo to maybe 20%.  He's looking for billboard appearance and no one really cares.  They are not going to hire you dude. 

It's not so much for advertising as it is to make it a little bit more difficult for people to violate his copyright and steal the images for their own gossip sites or whatever.  While I agree he should make it a less opaque watermark instead of just slapping a text box on there, if I were putting up photos of a "famous" person and didn't want them stolen, I'd slap my watermark closer to the middle.  Where he's put his, it's too easy to just crop that part out and get on with it.

• Love 2

Re: Derick painting Jill's toenails.  The wedding was November 1st.  She was just 4 1/2  months along and she couldn't bend over?  I dunno...

Maybe the real reason he wanted Jill is that he's got a foot fetish and fell in love with her alluring flip flop look. The toenail painting is because he can't keep his hands away from her feet.

• Love 7

The fauxtographer was 15, kind of young for a wedding.

He wasn't the official photog. She had the same couple who did one of the Bateses' weddings: Britton Felber (an ATI photog). His Facebook page doesn't have any pics, but does confirm that he did the wedding. They're the shots that Benessa have released over the past few months. 

I would have to see Jessa's program to name that elusive. stank-faced bridesmaid. I have everyone else accounted for. :) 

He wasn't the official photog. She had the same couple who did one of the Bateses' weddings: Britton Felber (an ATI photog). His Facebook page doesn't have any pics, but does confirm that he did the wedding. They're the shots that Benessa have released over the past few months. 

I would have to see Jessa's program to name that elusive. stank-faced bridesmaid. I have everyone else accounted for. :) 

here you go....i don't see jennifer hartono (sp?) listed although she was a bridesmaid.

http://www.use.com/B2EQJ

Edited by abseedee

here you go....i don't see jennifer hartono (sp?) listed although she was a bridesmaid.

http://www.use.com/B2EQJ 

Thanks! The "stank face" woman behind the Seewald sisters is Amara Query, aka the new SOTDRT "teacher." Likely volunteer, given the relationship between the Querys and Duggars. Guess who is subserviant to whom. 

Thanks! The "stank face" woman behind the Seewald sisters is Amara Query, aka the new SOTDRT "teacher." Likely volunteer, given the relationship between the Querys and Duggars. Guess who is subserviant to whom. 

Ben's sisters don't look all that thrilled in those pictures either.

• Love 1

No they don't, but someone asked about the woman behind them. :) 

Jennifer Hartono is further back in the line, second to last. Ben's 14 year-old sister Michelle is last, only because I believe she either sang or did an instrument solo during the ceremony.

Like Jill, Jessa's make-up is drug store brand and poorly applied.You would think TLC or People would have demanded make-up for HD cameras . It looks like it's smudged. You can also tell that Jessa didn't exfoliate the night before. Sorry for being shallow, I'm obsessed with skin care... but she looks sloppy.

Everyone in that family always looks dirty to me. The I have not taken a shower and washed my hair in a week look.

Oh my goodness, thanks for pointing out the stank faces in the wedding photos!  I HAVE to find out the back story to that one with the bridesmaid with the big frowny face.  That is hilarious!  My guess is, maybe one of the younger kids near the front was acting up and she was reacting to that, not the fact that she was in the wedding.  

I also felt so bad, watching the engagement "journey" again, how Jessa went through that whole day of scavenger hunting, and the train came, and on it was.....her whole family!!!!!!  And no Ben!  She was very gracious, but I could sense her disappointment when she was expecting something big.  Then she has to go through an entire train ride, and apparently dinner with the moms, before finally making it to the engagement site!  

• Love 1

I am a fan of long hair and my own hair is very long. Jill's hair is really messy and sloppy. I hate to say this but she needs a major cut, restyle or something because it's really unattractive.

Jessa is a nice looking girl. Way way way too much make up poorly applied. She doesn't need all that on her face.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 3

I am a fan of long hair and my own hair is very long. Jill's hair is really messy and sloppy. I hate to say this but she needs a major cut, restyle or something because it's really unattractive.

Jessa is a nice looking girl. Way way way too much make up poorly applied. She doesn't need all that on her face.

Agree. My 22-year old niece always describes someone with too much makeup in this way: "It looks like someone baked a cake on her face..." Someone should tell Jessa that makeup applied with a trowel only prolongs skin problems and makes it appear more prominent.

• Love 1

You can also tell that Jessa didn't exfoliate the night before. Sorry for being shallow, I'm obsessed with skin care... but she looks sloppy.

I must admit- i am 60, have never exfoliated in my life and have great skin.

Everyone's skin is different. I think it has to do with what you eat more than anything else.

• Love 3

Oh my goodness, thanks for pointing out the stank faces in the wedding photos! I HAVE to find out the back story to that one with the bridesmaid with the big frowny face. That is hilarious! My guess is, maybe one of the younger kids near the front was acting up and she was reacting to that, not the fact that she was in the wedding.

I also felt so bad, watching the engagement "journey" again, how Jessa went through that whole day of scavenger hunting, and the train came, and on it was.....her whole family!!!!!! And no Ben! She was very gracious, but I could sense her disappointment when she was expecting something big. Then she has to go through an entire train ride, and apparently dinner with the moms, before finally making it to the engagement site!

My son did the scavenger hunt as a prom invite. I think Jessa hated it. But Ben made up for it at the end with the actual proposal. He could have just done that. But then, what would the TV show have been about?

• Love 2

I must admit- i am 60, have never exfoliated in my life and have great skin.

Everyone's skin is different. I think it has to do with what you eat more than anything else.

I'm 58 and my skin regimen from a teenager to now is to wash my face thoroughly and apply a moisturizer for day and night.

I agree that the girls diet contributes to their skin problems and they also may not be using the correct makeup for their skin type.

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 2

On the Seewalds site where the pictures are posted, I about choked at the top where it says "Loving People".  I clearly think they need to add, "that are just like us and believe in what we do".  Because otherwise, pretty much "Condemning People" covers it better. 

• Love 5

Agree. My 22-year old niece always describes someone with too much makeup in this way: "It looks like someone baked a cake on her face..." Someone should tell Jessa that makeup applied with a trowel only prolongs skin problems and makes it appear more prominent.

I think Jessa's a gorgeous girl, but that makeup looks like a mortician applied it.  Unfortunate that it's commemorated for posterity in her wedding photos.

Edited by Gianthambeast
  • Love 3

I think Jessa's a gorgeous girl, but that makeup looks like a mortician applied it.  Unfortunate that its commemorated for posterity in her wedding photos.

After watching the older episodes of when they first started courting, you can really tell this is when she started to cake the make up on. I guess she had to show Ben how beautiful she can be & that he was sooo lucky to get her. You can also tell this is when she lost the weight making her face less full & chin more prominent. I think the old Jessa was much prettier & natural looking.

• Love 4

Take a look at the photograph that's fourth from the bottom.  One of the bridesmaids has a real 'hate face' going on.  Whoever she is, she looked like she wanted to beat the happy couple with her bouquet and put a stop to the whole wedding!  I'd love to know the story behind that picture.

lol! I had to go look, Thanks for the belly laugh! The look on that girls face is hysterical!

I'd bet any amount of money that Jessa is in a vicious cycle of over-cleansing with cheap drugstore products not realizing that they'll only cause her skin to produce more sebum, thus exacerbating the acne. She really needs to see a good dermatologist.

• Love 1

Any suggestions for words for the Drinking Game we can play for the big wedding episode? We have so many to choose from .......we may not make it til the end of the episode.

Has every one dusted off their duck tape dresses & flip flops from Jill's wedding to wear to Jessa's or did you buy something new?

Get your popcorn & Raisinets ready -- TLC is running another Duggar marathon tomorrow with episodes leading up to the wedding. Not to mention the special "Duggar Brides" episode they just ran tonight. It was just the Jerick wedding with previews of Benessa's. For those who missed it, they're running it again in a few hours.

I'm off to my 12 step Duggar Anonymous meeting mentioned in another thread. My first step is realizing this family is taking over my life. Lol.

Oh my goodness, thanks for pointing out the stank faces in the wedding photos!  I HAVE to find out the back story to that one with the bridesmaid with the big frowny face.  That is hilarious!  My guess is, maybe one of the younger kids near the front was acting up and she was reacting to that, not the fact that she was in the wedding.  

I also felt so bad, watching the engagement "journey" again, how Jessa went through that whole day of scavenger hunting, and the train came, and on it was.....her whole family!!!!!!  And no Ben!  She was very gracious, but I could sense her disappointment when she was expecting something big.  Then she has to go through an entire train ride, and apparently dinner with the moms, before finally making it to the engagement site!  

What a horrible shot.  Actually Jana is the only one I see with a really happy face in that shot.  I think she has been trained so well to put in the Jana happy face that it just happens naturally. 

And yes, that girl does appear to want to blanket train someone with her bouquet. 

Any suggestions for words for the Drinking Game we can play for the big wedding episode? We have so many to choose from .......we may not make it til the end of the episode.

Barb, this one could really be fun!   Every time Boob cries over giving a daughter away, season of life, MEchelle doing nothing, MEchelle talking in a squeaky voice that annoys the hell out of you…  

Has every one dusted off their duck tape dresses & flip flops from Jill's wedding to wear to Jessa's or did you buy something new?

​This time I'm working on a blue painters tape dress with red stiletto heels.  I think it will go lovely with the ice cream in the parking lot. 

I'm off to my 12 step Duggar Anonymous meeting mentioned in another thread. My first step is realizing this family is taking over my life. Lol.

I promise I am joining you after next week and promise to get my coin.  This family is making me crazy!

Edited by truthtalk2014

Looks like several of them do!

Jill asking Derick to paint her nails was just another excuse to let everyone know she was pregnant, for the hundred zillionth time. Mr. BitterApple would have handed me thirty bucks and told me to go get a pedicure.

• Love 6

Well, according to a commercial preview during the blahfest Jill/Jessa clipshow TLC slapped together (and I only saw a snippet of while both basketball games were in commercial), Benessa also did the "first look." Come on people; you practically already live together. It's not like you got married at 7pm; it was a daytime affair. Why not wait and let that emotion of seeing the bride show for your photographer? Geez. 

My husband spent the night before our wedding at a hotel, and I had no desire for a "first look" before our 12:30pm nuptials. Our photog got a great reaction shot of my husband when he first saw me. 

• Love 2