Type keyword(s) to search

Bloodline In The Media

I'm not sure how happy I am about a second season.  I thought Mendelsohn really made this show; his acting was superb and so unnerving.  Danny was the epitome of a menacing, manipulative tool and Mendelsohn did a great job of conveying it.  I was also impressed by how well he could deliver a straight line to a fellow actor but let us know that what he was saying was bullshit.  That's a real talent.  I wanted to kill Danny myself by the time episode 3 rolled around.

Guess Season 2 will be his son being an asshole like Danny, threatening John with what he saw in Miami, the old guy investigator digging around about Danny's death and Sally continuing to be delusional about her perfect little family.

• Love 2

I wish the second season would come sooner. This show is really conolex, which I Love. I really loved John's voiceover. Something about it is very haunting.

(edited)

Kyle Chandler just got a nomination for Best Leading Actor in a Drama Series at the Emmys!

ETA: Ben Mendelsohn was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor. Very well deserved!

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 5

If Ben M didn't get a nom, something would be really messed up.    I really thought it was a no brainer he'd get one but you never know with the Emmy voters.  It was nice to see Kyle get one too, wasn't expecting that.(although it's deserved)

• Love 1

Well-deserved noms! All the actors (including Sissy Spacek) were fantastic, IMO. I mean, how could you go wrong with a show with an Emmy winner, Oscar winner, Pulitzer Prize winner, and not one but two Tony winners in the cast, right? 

I thought that Bloodline was supposed to come out today, but I was wrong :( I really with they would give us some kind of date. 

If there was an Emmy for being hot, Kyle Chandler would have no competition. Seriously though congratulations d to them both.

I know this reply is old, but I just wanted to say that I agree with you...lol! Kyle Chandler is gorgeous.

I was late to the Bloodline party last year - will they make the eps available one at a time or all at once?  I wanted to binge watch S1 and could have, but I was enjoying the slow burn so much that I limited myself to 2-3 eps at a time.

I was late to the Bloodline party last year - will they make the eps available one at a time or all at once? I wanted to binge watch S1 and could have, but I was enjoying the slow burn so much that I limited myself to 2-3 eps at a time.

The episodes will be available all at once.

• Love 2

I'm done with season two and I NEED to talk about it!

Are there going to episode threads?  Or just a season discussion thread?

I'm dying here!

• Love 2

To those who've seen it; is it worth the time? I liked season 1 well enough but besides Danny dying I don't remember much of it. Does it get awesome? Is it thrillery? 

• Love 1

And, I'm done.  Got halfway through episode 5 and realized that the unrelenting angst has literally made me hate every single major character, alive and dead.  Only Belle and Kevin's unborn child hasn't made me want to scream and throw something.  My blood pressure just can't take any more of the dank, skank and sweat of these miserable people.  I though Season 1 was great, but I'm tapping out now because I have not derived a shred of enjoyment from what I've watched so far and I'm not going to torture myself any more. 

• Love 3

I'm loving it.  Just finished episode five. 

Spoiler

I was really going to give up if John helped Lowry, but he tricked me! Sad for that father though....

And disappointed that there's no thread for discussion on eps 3-5.  :/

34 minutes ago, DiabLOL said:

I finished Season 2 Friday and I'm going nuts in my solitude. I'm dying to talk about it all.

Me tooooo!

so many questions! There better be a season 3. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/29/2016 at 3:48 AM, pivot said:

Ugh, I seriously need to talk about this show. Fucking Kevin.

I can't wait until everyone completes their binging because I want to share my theories on what may happen in season 3.  This show has a great cast.  In the linked article, the producers state they have 6 seasons mapped out, to which I say "Bring it on".

Edited by uoflfan
  • Love 5

Wow, that's disappointing about the end of tax incentives for Florida filming. That goes for all shows and movies shot here. The state looks great on film.  

Let alone, according to the article, how much tourism it brought to the Keys. "Come get drunk and murdered!" 

• Love 1

Renewed for a season 3.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/13/bloodline-renewed-season-3-netflix/

The 10-episode third season will premiere in 2017. Confirmed to return are series regulars Kyle Chandler, Sissy Spacek, Ben Mendelsohn, Linda Cardellini, and Norbert Leo Butz.

“[EPs Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler] have created a riveting family saga featuring one of the most talented ensembles in the history of television. We can’t wait to see what the next chapter holds for the all-too-human Rayburns,” said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content at Netflix, in a statement.

• Love 1

Kyle Chandler is apparently in the running to be the villain opposite Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool 2.  He's getting Oscar buzz for Manchester by the Sea.  His career has really taken off.  I always thought he was under-rated, but apparently Hollywood has found him.    If he gets Deadpool 2, it will be interesting how they film that around Bloodline.

On 9/20/2016 at 3:26 PM, heatherchandler said:

I was so so so excited that he won.  I wonder if his win will change things - maybe another network will pick it up.

I was happy for him too - totally deserved it.  I also wish someone would pick up the show, but it's apparently so expensive to make (I read over 50 million), if Netflix can't afford it I don't know who can.  I wish Florida had extended the tax break.  The show brought the Keys a lot of publicity.

• Love 1