Type keyword(s) to search

Killian Jones/Captain Hook: One Handed Pirate With A Drinking Problem

• Start Topic

I watched the scene again and didn't see any missed dialog. The camera showed the end of Hook saying "See ya around, love", which is what really gave me the chills. With that line, which was so un-Hook-like, and Hook grabbing Emma's arm, I don't understand why she didn't do anything more to try to figure out what was wrong.

ETA I also just noticed that Hook's eyes were open during the kiss, which makes me think the kiss was a command from Rumple. It also reminds me of that Bruno Mars song, "You had your eyes wide open, why were they open?"

Oh, now I'm wondering if it was just wishfull thinking on my part that he resisted some of Rumple's manipulations. But that's exactly how I felt about the kiss. There was a least some resistance there.

But seriously...my husband even noticed it...who stole Emma's heart? Chick was just kinda cold tonight. She seemed to actually realize that something was up when he kissed her and then grabbed her arm - along with the see you around bit. Ummmm...why not follow him? Why not ask others if they noticed something? Why not investigate? No, she just goes to say goodbye to the Frozen gang. Also wondering about the timeline there with his heart. He has it in his hand at the clock tower. Emma puts it back in at Granny's. Ummmm....what's up with that? Was she saying things like, "wait a minute, Hook, I'll fix it later. Gotta do something now." Someone needs to pay attention (in a good way) to Hook. 

One of the few things you can't argue about Hook is that the man likes to drink. He has the always full flask. So where was he at the end? Maybe he and Will went for a drink since his girlfriend was making nice with a mass murderer and suggesting shots. 

I know that some on Tumblr were doing a #SaveHook thing tonight. I'm going to start one in March #RespectHook. 

I keep trying to reconcile Emma's cluelessness with the fact that there is a lot going on and being the savior, you have to think about the whole town's well-being, but come on. She needs to stop worrying about Regina's sads and start worrying about the one guy who's been there for her the whole time.

Argh. can we start a #BuyHookSeveralShots campaign?

Edited by ABitOFluff

I'm very glad that the heart issue is resolved. Even though I now doubt it was Killian's heart since the one Rumple ripped out was so much more red than the one Emma put back in him. But whatever...it is a heart and I can get some happy and smiling Killian again. (Please).

I was wondering when someone was going to mention the heart color. I didn't mind because it's still quite bright, and I just sort of headcannon that Rumple's hand sort of blocked out potential dark spots the first time we saw it due to the angles of some of the shots. And yes, I suppose I'm one of those people who expected him to have at least a tad bit of darkness left in his heart. Still, he doesn't have much darkness left.

I want Killy to adopt a cat (due to the seafaring background) or even a dog. At least then he'd have a pet who (I would hope) cares and worries about him.

Just imagine the sheer amount of sassiness there would be (both from Killian and the cat).

Sorry that my post weirdly transitioned into "Killian needs a pet" comments. I just want someone or some creature to offer cuddles in his times of suffering and despair. :'(

• Love 2

I didn't need to see a sex scene between these two, but there really seemed to be two missing scenes here: one after Emma realises something is wrong with Hook and attempts to do something to find out, and some sort of conversation (or whatever) after she put the heart back in. They drew out her being afraid he was going to die for three freaking episodes, culminating in this huge tearful confession, then when he almost does die right in front of her...nothing? Honestly, even four more lines of dialogue where one or both of them expressed what a big thing had just taken place and how that made them feel would have made a big difference.

I'm not a shipper -- this is not about wanting to see them in the bedroom or hear them say the L word -- just someone who enjoys coherent storytelling. I know that's a big ask on this show, but this particular relationship up to this point had been executed reasonably well, so it's a shame they really seemed to shortchange it tonight. 

This, to me, is one of the big problems of doing two half-seasons. They plan out roughly what they want to happen for 12 episodes, but then start shooting before all those episodes are even written then inevitably find they haven't left enough time to get everything they wanted in there, and have to cram a whole bunch in at the end. The lamest part is that they got given an extra hour, and chose to use it on an episode that (IMO) didn't need it at all. If 412 had been two hours, it could have given this storyline the time it needed to wrap up in an emotionally satisfying way.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 5

I'm not a shipper -- this is not about wanting to see them in the bedroom or hear them say the L word -- just someone who enjoys coherent storytelling. I know that's a big ask on this show, but this particular relationship up to this point had been executed reasonably well, so it's a shame they really seemed to shortchange it tonight. 

Exactly! They never payed off all that build-up about Emma's fears, or Hook's pain. Maybe they will in 4B, but that still is poor writing, if so. They could easily have cut the flashback scene and made it so Belle found out some other way. Even the Frozen farewells felt rushed. It would have been nice to see Hans getting punched by Anna, even if we didn't get to see Anna and Kristoff's wedding. Snow and Charming were scenery. 

• Love 1

Honestly, even four more lines of dialogue where one or both of them expressed what a big thing had just taken place and how that made them feel would have made a big difference.

Seriously. Even if it would have been tacky as hell, they could have gone from Hook and Emma making out in the back hallway of Granny's to a shot of one of them noticing Regina sitting at the counter alone. Hook could roll his eyes and say, "I know what you're thinking Swan. It's okay, go." "But you literally just got your heart back and--" "I'll be fine, love. If you need me, you know where I'll be." Cue Hook walking up the stairs to his bedroom. Boom. That takes up 15 seconds of air time, it transitions a heck of a lot better to the jarring shots scene, there's no "I love you" declaration yet, and it gives the shippers some fuel over the hiatus to wonder if Emma ever went back to his room.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6

I don't need an ILY from Hook. It's been pretty established on screen that he's completely in love with Emma. He has even flat out admitted it (though not directly TO her). I would like see EMMA address her feelings towards him already. The relationship has been so one-sided so far. She had that one "I can't lose you, too!" moment, but then it's like she's been taking him for granted ever since.

• Love 4

The relationship has been so one-sided so far. She had that one "I can't lose you, too!" moment, but then it's like she's been taking him for granted ever since.

Yeah, that's where the finale was such a real let-down. It seemed like they were building to this -- she'd realise he was about to die, then come running to save the day, yell something cheesy like "Hey! That heart belongs to me!" and then they'd have an actual discussion about it all. Instead it just kinda... fizzled. 

• Love 3

It's not even about who you ship and who you don't.  It's about what the writers refuse to do which is have a fucking sit down talk between characters.  All of this came from a place of insecurity for Hook but this will never ever be addressed again.

They build this huge arc only for it to fizzle completely.  That's what I'm having a difficult time with as a viewer.  Why was Hook's heart taken in the first place?  I thought Colin and Bobby's scenes together were fabulous, but oh so very repetitive.  If you said it once, you've said it twice.  

I'm bitter.

• Love 7

I have my fingers crossed that they'll mention at least one of those things once 4b begins, I'd even take Emma saying, "he told me what happened," to Rumple when he returns, even though some mention of it should have occurred in the finale.

As long as the issues are not completely dropped, I'm holding out hope, because when you think about it, the Rumple/Hook storyline probably isn't over yet. A lot of story lines have been set up to carry over into 4b.

Really it was the disjointed writing that screwed things up, especially when they dropped the Hook/Rumple storyline in the middle of the arc (eps 5,6,7).

Hoping Hook has learned a lesson from all this too. Don't get mixed up with the dark one (more so than he already is).

On another note, he better try to help get everyone out of the hat.

Hoping Hook has learned a lesson from all this too. Don't get mixed up with the dark one (more so than he already is).

This is the only thing that worries me. I really don't want Rumple to come back to town and then somehow Hook has the upper hand, and stoops to Rumple's level. Didn't Hook say something or threaten him? I can't really remember now.

Thanks! So yea, now I'm worried. Also, didn't someone in the cast or the writers say that Emma would get to fight for Hook this season? We didn't really see that in part A. I was expecting her to have to fight either to help assure him that he was a good man, or to actually fight Rumple to get his heart back. Maybe the fighting for him comes in the second half. Much like how Belle has always fought to try to convince Rumple that he's a good man, and worthy of his love, and that she truly does love him, I wanted to see Emma do the same thing for Hook. I feel like Hook is on a good redemption path, and hasn't wavered too much, unlike Rumple, so I really don't want him to get tangled up in any more business with Rumple and take two steps back.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention the heart color.

With all the other missed moments, I thought it was weird that neither Hook or Emma lingered over looking at the dark spot in his heart given that the theme for the rest of the season is whether villains can have a happy ending and what makes a hero vs. villain. 

My wish for 4B is for nothing on Killian (no body parts) to get taken or cursed. No secrets would be a good one too, but I'm really tired of lip curses and heart grabbing.

I just want him to get blottoed and sing 'I am a Pirate King' hanging upside down from the mast of the Jolly Roger.  My needs are simple.

Edited by ParadoxLost

"I am the Pirate Kiiiiinggg"! HAH! I love Kevin Kline. Thanks for the genuine belly laugh :)

Let's face it, they fucked up royally in bringing this half season to an end in regards to their own on going angst and buildup of the *growth* and *we hope so* commentary surrounding Emma and Hook. Besides making Hook seem like an afterthought they made Emma look like a jerk once they got their *Saved by the Belle* moment (which was extremely satisfying FINALLY to those who like Belle. I never liked her, but in this episode, she made up for months of "dippery" and did the entire memory of her passionately intelligent animated counterpart proud. I not only liked her here, I applauded her.)

And enough with the off-camera story telling.

It's amateurish. And lazy.

• Love 1

He said something about how he would make his life miserable in the next lifetime.  Not these words exactly, but sums it up.

I said something over on the 'Heros and Villains' thread about this. Rumple snarked at him that he'd have a long wait, given Rumple's immortality, in 'fire and brimstone.' That was before everything fell apart on him. I'm actually kind of hoping that Hook can now make good on that threat after all, with some righteous smiting. I want him to be instrumental in Rumple's defeat.

OTOH, I'm worried for Hook in 4B. If there's more to this whole Emma has to fight for him business (and it looks there may well be), what the hell is gonna happen to him next? What could be worse than having your heart ripped out and nearly crushed right before your eyes?

OTOH, I'm worried for Hook in 4B. If there's more to this whole Emma has to fight for him business (and it looks there may well be), what the hell is gonna happen to him next? What could be worse than having your heart ripped out and nearly crushed right before your eyes?

I hope the "Emma fights for Hook" is something more psychological than physical. Since they met, Hook has been encouraging her, admiring her and helping her accept who she is, so it would be nice to see Emma do the same for Hook. We have talked a lot about Emma's walls and issues. But Hook has some of his own that it's time the show adresses. I would love to see Emma try to help Hook overcome some of his fears and his self-loath.

But, with this writers, yeah, I'm pretty sure some other part of his body would be cursed.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

It's weird, as disappointed as I am with the mid-season finale, the idea of Emma rescuing Hook from Rumple seemed a bit too...generic...for me. Following Emma into the portal, trading away the Jolly, those things were very specific to Hook and not something he'd do for just anyone. I would like to see Emma do something similar for him in return, tho' I'm not sure what form it might take.

I hope Hook decides that he's done with this revenge business, he's a different man now, and no longer cares what happens to Rumple any more. 

Also, and I think I may be alone in this next one (is there an Unpopular Opinions thread?), but I haven't seen any foreshadowing at all about Hook dying. He's repeated over and over all season how he is a survivor, but I don't see how that means the opposite and he's going to be killed. I always saw it as more a reassurance to Emma that, for once in her life, here is someone who is NOT going anywhere.

• Love 2

In 401, he said he has all the time in the world unless a a monster kills him.  403 he had that line about being turned into an iceberg and there was another instance where he referred to another way of dying which I cannot recall now.  

Hook seems closer to death now that he is around Emma more.  Zelena tried to drown him, a snow monster wanted to stomp on him (and others), Ingrid tried to impale him and Gold tried to crush his heart.  It's interesting that both Emma and Hook became Gold's target before he decided to hat the fairies after his failed plan with Emma.

And he has survived all of it. If they were going to kill him after all that, I personally think they would have dropped some hints about fate catching up to him, escaping destiny, and final destination, etc., instead of being good at surviving. So I took it as the opposite, foreshadowing that he wouldn't be dying anytime soon, but obviously mileage varies.

Edited by The Cake is a Pie

I don't think anyone thought he was going to die though.  There was too much of that talk going on for it to actually happen.  I do think it's something that will be revisited in 4B though because everyone thinks that after the heart was taken and restored, he would be in the clear.

I think it's possible we misinterpreted the hints as foreshadowing, but Gold specifically told Hook that he is beholden to him until he dies. Was that threat magically binding? Or just Gold threatening him? I hope to goodness Hook doesn't get cursed or threatened in 4B. It's getting redundant. lol

• Love 1

I think it's possible we misinterpreted the hints as foreshadowing, but Gold specifically told Hook that he is beholden to him until he dies. Was that threat magically binding? Or just Gold threatening him? I hope to goodness Hook doesn't get cursed or threatened in 4B. It's getting redundant. lol

He's getting to be like Charlie from Lost - always narrowly escaping death until, well, you know. Hopefully it won't end that way, but he, Marian and Doc's Miata need to start a support group for near-death-trauma victims in Storybrooke. It's getting to be a bit ridiculous for all of them.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
If they were going to kill him after all that, I personally think they would have dropped some hints about fate catching up to him, escaping destiny, and final destination, etc., instead of being good at surviving.

I generally consider that anyone who brags about being good at surviving is pretty much marked for death because of dramatic irony. Hook made too many jokes and references to things that might kill him, bragged about surviving, and Rumple claimed that he had a hold on him for the rest of his life. That generally means someone is doomed. Not to mention that Emma's big fear was revealed to be losing yet another love (not that they bothered showing how she felt about seeing him close to death when it happened). If the heart crushing was meant to be payoff for that buildup, it was anticlimactic, but the season's not over yet.

I hope Hook decides that he's done with this revenge business, he's a different man now, and no longer cares what happens to Rumple any more.

Yes. That will be the true test. He was pretty mellow about Rumple before, not being at all angry when Zelena made Rumple drown him or when past Rumple tried to kill him. I hope his concern is more with stopping Rumple from doing harm than with revenge. If Rumple makes it back, both Hook and Belle are in huge danger. Look at what Rumple did to Milah, and all she did was leave him and mock him. Belle stripped him of his power. I could see Hook going after Rumple to prevent him from killing Belle, and while the actions might be similar to those for revenge, I think the motive does matter.

I could see Hook going after Rumple to prevent him from killing Belle, and while the actions might be similar to those for revenge, I think the motive does matter.

That won't have shades of Milah at all if Rumple decides to go that far.

I don't think Rumple would actually go as far as to actively try to hurt Belle, but if a situation came up where it was either Belle's life or separating from the dagger...yeah, I can totally see him now shrugging her off for power. 

I could also see Hook sacrificing himself to save Belle, to atone for what he has done to her in the past. If it denies Rumple his ultimate wish, all the better.

Edited by The Cake is a Pie

About the forshadowing of Hook's death, the half season started with the monster comment and it ended with Hook's heart literally in the hands of a monster, so I think this ties quite nicely. But, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure something is going to happen to him in 4B. I mean, Rumple is looking for a way back to Storybrooke and I'm sure he would like to finish what he started.

But I don't think he is going to die for real. With the ratings going down, killing your second most popular character would be stupid. And Colin is also very popular, no way ABC would want to get rid of him.

It could be that there was no emotional payoff for the whole Hook's heart arc because they're planning another attempt on his life with emotional payoff for Emma at the end of the season. Perhaps with either a TLK or ILY. I can see that happening.

Edited by OnceUponAJen

Look who's texting Christina Perri. LOL, she's such a fangirl. I can't wait to see the result.

*flailing*  So, this is just what I needed after than flop of a midseason finale.  AND she also tagged "The Words" in that post, which is only like my most favorite song of hers for CS.  God, I hope they are doing a music vid for that one.  I have the stupidest grin on my face right now.  Lord, I need help, lol.

• Love 2

Wow, I've never heard that song, but it's giving me major Captain Swan feels. I really hope Colin is in the video, although if he has a love interest in it, it might be weird, cause I'll be like, that's not Emma! I'm super excited now!

This is Christina's last tweet 2 hours ago: "there is no emoji dramatic enough for how im feeling right. now."

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 1

*flailing*  So, this is just what I needed after than flop of a midseason finale. 

Absolutely! God bless her for actually giving me something Once-related to look forward to.

It amuses me greatly when famous people fangirl/fanboy over other famous people. And if it benefits me somehow, so much the better. ;)

So she's going to be the girl in the song? Hmm. I was hoping those were Colin's own clothes and not his wardrobe, cause I'm not really a fan of scarves/wraps on men. Man, I'm so picky! Other than that... he looks good and I can't wait for the video! Glad that Christina is such a fan girl and is sharing with us. I want to be famous now so I can just pay for my favorite actors to do stuff for me. LOL

Guys, it's time to go to bed for me and I'm still here, listening to Christina Perri's songs and drooling on Colin's pictures....

Who was the one saying that wanted to give Colin a scarf?!! Here, happy now?!

*off to drink a double chamomile tea*
*and to dream about bearded men in scarves*

• Love 1

Hey, if you could get Colin for your video, wouldn't you be the girl in the song, too? ;)

Yes, yes I would. :) Someone on tumblr said she got him for her video just so she could make out with him. LOL I doubt there will be a kiss though, but who knows.

Maybe that's why I'm not digging the scarf, because I'm so used to the glorious chest hair showing, and it's nowhere to be seen!

I wouldn't normally, but I'm digging the scarf. I think it would be hard for Colin to look bad in anything though. 

He's like those girls who can leave the house wearing a potato sack and still look good in it.  I really hate people like that.