Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Loss

While I love the idea of Margeaux faking a miscarriage, staging a very real accident seems pretty risky, even for her.  Perhaps the accident was real, but the miscarriage wasn't?  Could you pull off that kind of lie in a hospital?

You probably could since the miscarriage or lack there of would be entirely privacy information which Victoria would not be provided without Margaux's consent.  Not that Vic isn't capable of bribing or cajoling [read: strong-arming] the truth out of someone, but she would have to suspect she's being kept in the dark.  I don't know if it would be so easy for Margaux to get a doctor to outright lie to Victoria, but she could keep him or her from contradicting her.  And unless until Victoria learned she might still be pregnant, she'd have no reason to doubt Margaux.

It would be sort of awesome if Margaux lied and planned to wash her hands of all of them a return to France only to have Vic learn that she didn't miscarry after all and planned to hid the child from her.  Queen Vic would lose her shit and probably rather spectacularly.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Margeaux hit by a cab. Would have been a lovely way to kill her off. But no, we still have her idiotic revenge against Emily to look forward to. I really don't understand the writers. Do they really think this is something viewers are clamoring for? Margeaux should have no beef with Emily; she was manipulated into it by Victoria. Watching it play out is just tiresome.

• Love 3

BTW, how far along is she supposed to be, she was not even showing yet and I think Daniel has been dead for months. 

This season started at the beginning of summer (which I take as Memorial Weekend) and they just had a 4th of July party.  So, he definitely hasn't been dead for months.

• Love 1

David Clarke gave little Carl a toy taxi to play with at the top of the episode. Ironic foreshadowing, or actual foreshadowing?

Maybe David and Carl were driving the cab that hit Margaux.

• Love 1

I don't know if I'm in for much longer. The whole duh duh duhhhh court deal, seriously?? I mean I know DUI is serious, but they made Jack out to be serial killer esque. The whole Margeaux plot is just stupid and her lying is even worse. They're hanging on by a thread and it's getting bad.

It is, just more contrivances for a forced villain the writers shoved her into, nothing about it feels natural and that's a part of why it's horribly done.

Can we keep Stevie around and get rid of Margaux? Still don't care about Ben but those previews it seems like the show is wrapping up.

You know the show's MO by now, keep the uninteresting/unlikable characters.  I want it to wrap up at this point, this Margeaux plot is already stretched thin as it is.

Can this show end?  I don't think I can take anymore.... I think the episode described it well when first David, then Emily, were saying the revenge had to end or it would keep going on and on.... exactly how I feel about the show.  I was so annoyed when Margaux blamed Emily for what happened to Jack.  She is so delusional in that there was no benefit to having Jack impacted by her revenge against Emily plan.  I also was liking having a break of Victoria not being after Emily for once, so now I am bummed to see her most likely back in that plot line thanks to Margaux.  It is all rather depressing really.  

And I agree they were making a DUI trial seem like a murder trial--and they even had a judge that would use a smaller offense for political gain.  

Exactly, it just needs to end, it's being painfully dragged on and on longer than it needs to.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Margeaux hit by a cab. Would have been a lovely way to kill her off. But no, we still have her idiotic revenge against Emily to look forward to. I really don't understand the writers. Do they really think this is something viewers are clamoring for? Margeaux should have no beef with Emily; she was manipulated into it by Victoria. Watching it play out is just tiresome.

Of course, they always leave us with the most annoying characters, that's why they've been dragging around characters like Margeaux.

Edited by Free