Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Loss

I haven't watched the last 3 or so episodes, but I tuned in this week --- surprisingly, I enjoyed it.  I appreciated the return of Jack's mother.  She fit into the episode and the group nicely.  Hopefully she stays a while, though I probably won't because I'm not interested in more episodes of Margot the big bad.  Now it's going to be Victoria vs. Amanda for the eleven-billionth time?  ZZZZZzzzz.

• Love 1

I can only hope that Victoria knows Emily well enough by now to know that Margaux's story is complete bullshit. Emily has a lot more finesse than to push someone in front of a car.

Also? I really don't get how Amanda's original birth certificate connects her to being Emily.

Edited by kariyaki
  • Love 2

I don't know if I'm in for much longer. The whole duh duh duhhhh court deal, seriously?? I mean I know DUI is serious, but they made Jack out to be serial killer esque. The whole Margeaux plot is just stupid and her lying is even worse. They're hanging on by a thread and it's getting bad.

• Love 3

I can only hope that Victoria knows Emily well enough by now to know that Margaux's story is complete bullshit. Emily has a lot more finesse than to push someone in front of a car

Not to mention on a busy street in broad daylight. Emily is too smart for something so stupid. So, with this lie, Margaux is officially dead to me. I wish the cab had backed over her.

I also liked seeing Stevie return again. And glad that Louise told Nolan the truth. But I already don't like Tony the Social Worker.

• Love 7

Hooray for Nolan! Louise tells the truth - although who got the thumb drive?? and he gets a maybe normal guy?  Wow! That'd be a win win win....made of win. (And her hair was much better this week.)

GAH that little Beyotch and her lying.  I wanted to throw up in my mouth.  She's truly crazy.  At first I thought it was going to be Victoria's doing but not with that amazing scene of her grief holding the wall.  When in the world did Margo get so crazy - when Daniel died for Emily?  Because it's not like they had true love.

And just to note - at 9 weeks no way was that large baby ultrasound accurate.  (2.3 cm and weighs less than 2 grams) Show's trying to work my nerves and hit my buttons. Ugh, show.  I don't appreciate that at all.

Officer Ben was a big help, which was a surprise. 

I thought it was interesting that Emily listened to David apparently, and also let him comfort the "real" her.  Maybe she thinks if she reveals who she is there will be no more revengenda?? next week.

I was wondering what happened to the thumb drive, too.  Did Lyman still have it when he fell over?

Unfortunately Margaux didn't die.  So was someone else out to get Margaux or was that truly an accident.  Hard to believe.  Maybe she is so batshit crazy she hired someone to do it herself.  She really didn't look that injured in the hospital.  I hope she dies before the end of the series.  And seeing Victoria vs. Emily again will be a yawn fest if that's where they're going.

I didn't quite get how the birth certificate would make Margaux think Emily really wanted a truce, but whatever.

It actually was nice to see Stevie again.  

I'm not sure about Tony but I hope he turns out to be a genuinely nice guy.  I'm tired of having people take advantage of Nolan.  I just don't know how Louise is going to take it.    

It was a pretty good episode, but please let Margux die already (horribly, if possible).

I just had another thought.  The fact that Margaux is the one who stopped Victoria from getting a hospital wing named after Daniel just because she didn't want to announce her pregnancy seems really crazy to me.  She couldn't have just told Victoria that ahead of time?  I think she really is batshit crazy or genuinely insane.  Maybe she decided she didn't want that little bugger to complicate her life after all.

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 3

With Nolan's luck, the social worker will probably end up being a serial killer with a penchant for blonde multi-millionaires ... he sure looks like one anyway. He looks like he walked straight out of an episode of "The Mentalist". I feel like Red's not going to take this well.

Ben wasn't completely worthless this episode so good for him. Margaux continues to be a total waste of space and Victoria and Emily go for Round #25,632. Just end this show, please.

Edited by Village
  • Love 1

It's too bad the baby wasn't older. I could have gone with Margaux dying and the baby surviving. I'm pretty sure her crazy henchman was behind the taxi accident.

One thing I hate about soaps like this is when they try to assign moral culpability. Margaux is so obsessed with "clearing Daniel's name." How about that time he tried to KILL Emily at their freaking wedding reception and instead left her barren. That's worse than what he's accused of. Actually, if you played "It's a Wonderful Life" with Emily / Amanda never coming to town, I wonder how many fewer people would be dead or in jail now. Jack's brother comes to mind as a survivor.

I'm still wondering where Nolan is on the gay scale at the moment. Louise is about as close to a real-life Jessica Rabbit as you're going to get, but she may not be his (female) type. Right now, it seems like he's only scouting out guys. I expect Louise to get (crazy) jealous because she's extremely needy.

ETA: Jack's mom seems like a crappy lawyer. Any police department that tried "we lost the sample" on a suspect would pretty much guarantee that case getting thrown out.

Edited by ketose
  • Love 5

Jack's mom couldn't have gotten the case thrown out because the lawyer was being bribed. I just love Jack's mom. I hope she is back next week.

I hope Nolan gets his happy ending with the social worker. He needs to be with someone who's not using him. I still love him and Louise but only as friends.

Margeux really is a terrible person. She's probably faking the miscarriage so Victoria turns on Emily. I didn't understand her reasoning for vetoing the Daniel wing.

• Love 1

I was wondering what happened to the thumb drive, too. Did Lyman still have it when he fell over?

Unfortunately Margaux didn't die. So was someone else out to get Margaux or was that truly an accident. Hard to believe. Maybe she is so batshit crazy she hired someone to do it herself. She really didn't look that injured in the hospital. I hope she dies before the end of the series. And seeing Victoria vs. Emily again will be a yawn fest if that's where they're going.

I didn't quite get how the birth certificate would make Margaux think Emily really wanted a truce, but whatever.Lettus

It actually was nice to see Stevie again.

I'm not sure about Tony but I hope he turns out to be a genuinely nice guy. I'm tired of having people take advantage of Nolan. I just don't know how Louise is going to take it.

It was a pretty good episode, but please let Margux die already (horribly, if possible).

I just had another thought. The fact that Margaux is the one who stopped Victoria from getting a hospital wing named after Daniel just because she didn't want to announce her pregnancy seems really crazy to me. She couldn't have just told Victoria that ahead of time? I think she really is batshit crazy or genuinely insane. Maybe she decided she didn't want that little bugger to complicate her life after all.

I was wondering about the thumb drive also. I would think that if Lymam still had it it would have been recovered by the police and be used as a link to arrest Nolan for murder. I hope this new guy isn't another plant to get info out of Nolan.

Why does Marguax think that Daniel was a saint to begin with? He is still a Grayson and will carry the sins of the father just like Amanda did. The only difference was that David was cleared and Conrad was 100% guilty. Victoria forgave Margaux for some lame excuse. Margaux and Victoria didn't have to announce the pregnancy at all as Daniel's child. Daniel's name on the hospital extension would have gone a long way to redeeming his name. Margaux's lie should be easily exposed without witnesses to see a push and security and traffic cameras footage to see what actually happened. Are we now going to have Margaux's henchman to tamper with evidence. By the way, how did Victoria get to the hospital so fast? She was actually there waiting before Emily and Margaux arrived.

Victoria and Margaux would be the only survivors of a nuclear war left on earth with nothing to eat but Twinkies and Cockroaches.

• Love 2

This was so predictable.  Thanks last week's promo that spoiled Margaux getting hit by a taxi.  Of course she lied about Emily, she wants Victoria back in the game because she's a lot better at it than she is.  Louise is gonna be angry about the social worker even though she's in a sham marriage.  Bonus points because she got away with killing Foghorn Leghorn.

I like all the milling over dead kids and forgetting that Victoria still has Charlotte, who despite of being on a different show, is still technically alive and only tried to burn her sis in a fire.  It's not like trying to make Daniel a good guy after he shot Emily and had her made barren...real good cause you have there Margaux.  Enjoy your dead kid and ineffectual security guy.

• Love 4

Is this how it's going to be from now on? They bring someone new on (Natalie, the judge) for a little bit, then someone gets revenge against them, & they're gone. Adds nothing to the story, takes up a bunch of time, confuses everything else, & just sucks.

I don't like this whole thing with Nolan & the social worker. The result is going to be Louise going nuts & getting her revenge. I am so over all these stupid forced revenge plots.

And I know I've said it before, but Margaux, please just die already.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the world neither knows nor cares about who Daniel was or how he died, Margewww!  You could have just moved back to France and told your baby the truth that he died trying to save his ex-wife, and he may never have heard any differently.  Her reasoning is so stupid and self-involved.  Since she got hit by a taxi, I take it the driver stopped and will be interviewed by the place, so I imagine he will contradict Margeww's story, unless he was paid off by her henchman in some convoluted plot. Personally, I was really waiting for the ultrasound at the beginning of the episode to show that the baby was dead.  You'd think Margeww would have targeted Louise directly, since she did sleep with Daniel and try to kill her in the shower, but I guess remembering that would also remind her that Daniel was unfaithful to her and actually did a lot of other fucked up things in his life too.

The return of Jack's mother actually really worked well, even though it was a stupid ploy last season.  If they bring back Emily's mom, I hope it goes half as smoothly.   I'm glad that Louise told Nolan the truth, even if their marriage is going nowhere.  If the thumbdrive did go off the cliff, it would have been hit by the waves and be about as useful as the laptop that Emily threw into the ocean (though if that came back to punish her, I would cheer.)

Edited by Glade
  • Love 3

Good episode, though I have to say after seeing the promo the outcome was pretty predictable. It was obvious that Margaux would lose the baby, which will bring Victoria back into the game.

I really liked the beginning of the episode when Emily was taking care of Carl, remembering how it was when she was taken away from her father. The only thing that bothered me in this episode was the usual plothole as Margaux told Victoria Emily pushed her, I mean it happened in broad daylight on a busy street in Manhatten, there got to be at least 10-20 eye-wittnesess inculding the cab driver, is Victoria supposed to think Emily payed everyone of them off, or is she supposed to just not care and go after Emily no matter what?

After seeing next weeks promo I'm pretty sure this will be the last season sadly, or the come up with a completely different storyline and setting.

The reason I liked Emily with Carl so much ist that the only thing that would make the show really exicting again is Emily having a child of her own (even if adopted). I mean "Revenge-mom" would be awesome, plus then Emily really would have something to lose or fight for, unfortunatly they won't be able to adopt this storyline with Carl, because he's still to young to interact with Emily, but imagine Emily being a mom to a 9 year old daughter like she was when she was taken away, that's a story that would be worth telling ( I know, not gonna happen, but still).

• Love 1

Overall I'm pretty disappointed in Margaux losing the baby, mostly because it's just so stale and overdone on this show. Pulling something like this isn't just predictable, it nixes so many great plot avenues. A flashforward to winter, Daniel's child becoming his redemption, Victoria raising the baby- all down the drain. Pity.

I'm also a bit tired of Emily's goody-two-shoes characterisation. The writers take every possible opportunity to ensure that she doesn't get her hands dirty and remains firmly on the defensive. For someone who started off as vindictive and ruthless she's become so...vanilla. Narratively speaking, Emily should have pushed Margaux- it would have been in-character given her frustrations and would have made the renewed Emily vs Victoria conflict legitimate (as opposed to yet another war over a misunderstanding).

I found it quite interesting how Tony (social worker guy) both resents David Clarke yet strongly resembles him. That definitely has the potential to go in a very cliche direction if the writers want it to...

The reason I liked Emily with Carl so much ist that the only thing that would make the show really exicting again is Emily having a child of her own (even if adopted). I mean "Revenge-mom" would be awesome, plus then Emily really would have something to lose or fight for, unfortunatly they won't be able to adopt this storyline with Carl, because he's still to young to interact with Emily, but imagine Emily being a mom to a 9 year old daughter like she was when she was taken away, that's a story that would be worth telling ( I know, not gonna happen, but still).

This is exactly the direction I would love the show to take for Season 5 if we get one. Either reveal that Emily had a baby at Revenge School (possibly with Aiden) that she gave up for adoption so she could pursue revenge, or have her adopt a 9 year old girl who has been wronged (setting up a slew of takedowns for the next season).

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 2

Can this show end?  I don't think I can take anymore.... I think the episode described it well when first David, then Emily, were saying the revenge had to end or it would keep going on and on.... exactly how I feel about the show.  I was so annoyed when Margaux blamed Emily for what happened to Jack.  She is so delusional in that there was no benefit to having Jack impacted by her revenge against Emily plan.  I also was liking having a break of Victoria not being after Emily for once, so now I am bummed to see her most likely back in that plot line thanks to Margaux.  It is all rather depressing really.  

And I agree they were making a DUI trial seem like a murder trial--and they even had a judge that would use a smaller offense for political gain.  

I have a theory about Margaux's accident. Perhaps after the ultrasound, she realized that she wasn't caring Daniel's baby so she conveniently used her altercation with Emily hoping to lost dramatically the baby to have Victoria on the side.

In the beginning of season 4, Daniel and Margaux weren't a couple (she wasn't upset when she found out that his one-night died in his hotel bed ) then after they framed her brother, they're kind of official until he cheated on her so it's possible that she slept with another guy by revenge. When she was aware of her pregnancy, she assumed it was Daniel's child.

• Love 1

I keep thinking that maybe Margaux has faked her whole pregnancy and has bribed the doctors to fool Victoria.  This seems less and less likely as we watch her interact with more and more hospital personnel but still, on a show that requires suspension of disbelief, it's still possible.  Confused as to why Margaux doesn't want to name the hospital wing after Daniel until she's cleared his name.  Wasn't the entire point of naming a hospital wing after him to build a positive legacy in his name and cancel out the negatives associated with it?  So...?

In what universe is Jack in trouble when the police have lost the evidence against him?  No evidence, no case.  I don't understand why lawyer mother is all freaked out.  Breathalyzer is inaccurate and so people have the right to require a blood test.  How is this even still an issue for him?

Don't understand the significance of Amanda's birth certificate.  It proves that someone with that name was born to two people on a specific date.  It doesn't prove who that person is.  Also: are we actually 100% sure that Emily didn't push Margaux?  She wasn't in the shot.

Love that Louise is a little nuts after all.  Loved watching Nolan realize she's not really opposed to killing someone who needs it.  Hoping Louise decides to take our Margaux.  And soon.

Edited by FineWashables

Also: are we actually 100% sure that Emily didn't push Margaux? She wasn't in the shot.

Margaux was idiotically standing in the street. She didn't need anybody's help to get hit by a car.

• Love 7

Love that Louise is a little nuts after all.  Loved watching Nolan realize she's not really opposed to killing someone who needs it.  Hoping Louise decides to take our Margaux.  And soon.

Did Louise know that Lyman was working for Margaux?  Louise did try to kill Margaux once already (albeit under the influence of her meds).  I would love it if Louise is the one to finally get rid of Margaux.

• Love 1

I"m thinking that Margaux hasn't lost the baby. She didn't seem too banged up on the hospital...and this was after her *stooge* said they needed to kick things up a notch to get the job done. The outfit she was wearing could have conceled quite a bit of padding to prevent injury when her *stooge* drove the taxi into her. She needed to get Victoria back on board....what better way then to make it appear as is Emily caused he to lose the baby. I suspect Margaux had a plan and running into Emily was jus a happy coincidence.

Once Victoria finds out she's been played by Margaux methinks we can kiss Margaux goodbye (finally)

• Love 1

I"m thinking that Margaux hasn't lost the baby. She didn't seem too banged up on the hospital...and this was after her *stooge* said they needed to kick things up a notch to get the job done. The outfit she was wearing could have conceled quite a bit of padding to prevent injury when her *stooge* drove the taxi into her. She needed to get Victoria back on board....what better way then to make it appear as is Emily caused he to lose the baby. I suspect Margaux had a plan and running into Emily was jus a happy coincidence.

Once Victoria finds out she's been played by Margaux methinks we can kiss Margaux goodbye (finally)

I like your theory that Margaux herself was behind the taxi thing (in fact I said so earlier) but if Margaux is still pregnant with Victoria's grandchild, Victoria isn't going to do anything to Margaux.  But if Margaux was responsible for what looks like a hit and run, and she lost Daniel's precious offspring, then I could see Victoria going after her.

And I would prefer that story line to having Victoria vs. Emily again.

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 1

I can only hope that Victoria knows Emily well enough by now to know that Margaux's story is complete bullshit. Emily has a lot more finesse than to push someone in front of a car.

Also? I really don't get how Amanda's original birth certificate connects her to being Emily.

I agree on both counts.  I never understood the issue with the birth certificate since all it proves is that David and Kara Clarke had a child, Amanda, on a certain date in a certain place.  People always knew there was an Amanda Clarke. Finding the documents for the identity switch is what establishes Emily Thorne is Amanda.

And yeah, if Emily were going to hurt someone physically, it wouldn't be to push them into the street to uncertain results in broad daylight with any number of witnesses. And how many people had to have seen Margaux standing in the street waving at cabs for almost a minute?  She stepped off the curb and was there in a bright red suit for quite a while.  Emily was more than 8 feet away.

And I found Margaux's sudden squeamishness about having cause a death of Lyman, a man whom she'd directly involved in her plan and was actively helping her with an illegal scheme, sort of hilarious after she basically served an innocent woman to he BSC violent ex last week.  What did she think the ex-boyfriend planned to do to Ben's ex-wife?  Bring her flowers?

I sort of love this idea.  Though it would be an insanely risky plan at any stage of pregnancy, but more so in the first trimester. 

I think I have an answer for the importance of the birth certificate for Margaux, since the original document had baby Amanda's footprint on it, she can prove that Emily is in fact Amanda.

I'm maybe wrong but I recall reading somewhere that the whole purpose of footprints on the birth certificate was to be sure that the baby has a "legal" trace, in case of kidnapping for example (it was before dna, of course.)

I think I have an answer for the importance of the birth certificate for Margaux, since the original document had baby Amanda's footprint on it, she can prove that Emily is in fact Amanda.

I'm maybe wrong but I recall reading somewhere that the whole purpose of footprints on the birth certificate was to be sure that the baby has a "legal" trace, in case of kidnapping for example (it was before dna, of course.)

Ah, except birth certificates don't have footprints. Not the official ones. Hospitals will do souvenir ones but they are not recognized as official documents and would not hold up as any sort of proof.

You could be right then again the show doesn't really care about the "real laws ". Emily/Amanda's birth certificate has footprints on it so it's possible that Margaux wanted to publish it to confirm her story.

Hmm, you may be right. Her henchman said something about a plan they had to finally get rid of Emily, it could be this, she's going to get Victoria to do it. In fact, how do we know that Margaux hadn't lost the baby already, & she was just using that as part of the plan?

• Love 1

Hmm, you may be right. Her henchman said something about a plan they had to finally get rid of Emily, it could be this, she's going to get Victoria to do it. In fact, how do we know that Margaux hadn't lost the baby already, & she was just using that as part of the plan?

That I actually could totally believe.  That maybe right after the ultrasound, Margaux miscarried and set Emily up to be blamed.  Though I don't know how she could have orchestrated being hit right then.  There was no reason for Margaux to anticipate Emily would be there right then. Emily coming to see her was impromptu after the call about Jack's case being dismissed. 

Knowing Emily she probably will have anticipated the birth certificate and made a cast of fauxmanda's feet which she would use to make a new footprint and cast it off as coming from her own feet, if the issue came up.  She's gotten sloppy over the years, but I'm pretty sure that at the beginning, she wouldn't have let such a technical vulnerability exist without coming up with a way to neutralize it and protect her identity. 

I keep thinking that maybe Margaux has faked her whole pregnancy and has bribed the doctors to fool Victoria

Y'know, I had this exact same thought just as the ultrasound was about to start, there was dramatic music playing and an odd expression on Margaux's face, and this was before Victoria said she wanted the pregnancy announcement to happen at the same time as the announcement of the hospital wing.

Margaux told Daniel she was pregnant when she broke up with him, (way, way back) so I didn't think she made that up.  But she could have miscarried after the ultrasound and then came up with this elaborate plan to frame Emily.  Maybe that's why the promo for next week says Emily is grief stricken if both Margaux and Victoria try to convince her she's responsible.

Emily/Amanda's birth certificate has footprints on it so it's possible that Margaux wanted to publish it to confirm her story.

It didn't look like there were any footprints on her birth certificate this week, or the fake one they gave to Margaux last week.

This was so predictable.  Thanks last week's promo that spoiled Margaux getting hit by a taxi.

I didn't see last week's promo and still thought it was obvious that she was gonna get hit.  Usually when show's film a scene in a challenging spot like that, they have a reason.

Actually, if you played "It's a Wonderful Life" with Emily / Amanda never coming to town,

That would actually be an awesome episode.  That or if David Clark was never framed.

Edited by KaveDweller

Our birth certificates don't have footprints on them.

Hmm...I like the theory of Margaux playing Victoria, even though I wish they killed her off.

I've kinda liked the last two episodes.

And have they ever said where Charlotte is??

Knowing Emily she probably will have anticipated the birth certificate and made a cast of fauxmanda's feet which she would use to make a new footprint and cast it off as coming from her own feet, if the issue came up.  She's gotten sloppy over the years, but I'm pretty sure that at the beginning, she wouldn't have let such a technical vulnerability exist without coming up with a way to neutralize it and protect her identity. 

In Season 1, there was that picture that Lydia kept trying to use against Emily. So Amanda was sloppy for a while.

That would be really crazy to try padding yourself up enough to not miscarry while being hit by a Taxi. If the driver isn't a stooge, my guess is that he'd tell the cops "she came out of nowhere" because confirming the "Emily pushed Margaux" story would make the driver look less guilty than "she was standing in the street and I plowed into her."

I really enjoyed this episode. While Margaux losing the baby was virtually telegraphed in nearly every scene she appeared in this week, I still felt bad for her and even Victoria when it actually happened.

However blaming Emily for it was a pretty low move for Margaux. I hope Victoria realises it was an accident but I don't think she will right away.

Having Stevie back in the show was great and I enjoyed her scenes with David as well. Glad the whole Jack thing was done with quickly. I can only take so much angst from that guy and it's not a lot these days.

Ben was somewhat useful in this episode. He's kind of improved a bit as a character.

Liked that Louise told Nolan the whole truth about what really happened with her and Lymon. I also like that Nolan might be getting a male love interest as well with Tony. 8/10

• Love 1

Why couldn't Margaux die instead of the baby, that way the show could jump 20 years and Daniel Jr. and Karl could carry on the grudge and the revenge business.  BTW, how far along is she supposed to be, she was not even showing yet and I think Daniel has been dead for months. This whole idea of Daniel's legacy is ridiculous. I don't think the world gives a crap about Daniel Grayson dead or alive. Doesn't Louise know her marriage is a sham?  Have Louise and Nolan been intimate, I didn't think they were, but regardless I also think she will go crazy if he gets involved on the side with the social worker.  Don't know why Emily would be so grief stricken, she knows it was not her fault.  Feel bad yes, but grief stricken, No.

My fear is that Lousie has the thumb drive and will use that against Nolan when she finds out about his boy-toy.

I thought she had the thumb drive too.  And since she hasn't mentioned it or given it back to Nolan, I wondered if there was a plot in the works to use it against him.

• Love 1

While I love the idea of Margeaux faking a miscarriage, staging a very real accident seems pretty risky, even for her.  Perhaps the accident was real, but the miscarriage wasn't?  Could you pull off that kind of lie in a hospital?