Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: S06.E12: 2009 / S06.E13: Dreams Come True

Tara Ariano

Just because an actor hasn't "come out of the closet" doesn't mean they're straight FWIW.

Ain't that the truth.

I remember back before Chris had officially come out I think (he was all of 19) he snarkily remarked to a question about his orientation that  he was as "straight as any actor in Hollywood."

• Love 4
And I think I heard Matt Bomer lost out on Superman because he's gay. It'll be interesting to me to see if Chris can break past that boundary, especially since he's closely associated with one of the most well-known gay characters.

Well Luke Evans is sort of out, (has made some conflicting statements through the years) and he's had some fairly good action/leading man type of roles. I do know that they announced an out actor to play the next big screen version of the Flash, but yeah, it's typically not the same, as in straight actors can play both gay/straight with no problem. An actor plays a gay role and everyone wants to ask him about his orientation, which I imagine would give a closeted actor pause. 

It becomes a catch-22, until a leading man box office type of star announces he/;she is gay and still makes box office hits, the perception/excuse is that the GA won't accept them in certain roles. 

Edited by caracas1914

Well Luke Evans is sort of out, (has made some conflicting statements through the years) and he's had some fairly good action/leading man type of roles. I do know that they announced an out actor to play the next big screen version of the Flash, but yeah, it's typically not the same, as in straight actors can play both gay/straight with no problem. An actor plays a gay role and everyone wants to ask him about his orientation, which I imagine would give a closeted actor pause. 

It becomes a catch-22, until a leading man box office type of star announces he/;she is gay and still makes box office hits, the perception/excuse is that the GA won't accept them in certain roles. 

For the tentpole action movies / leading man type roles which people typically have in mind when they talk about closeted gay movie stars -- even if the domestic audience becomes way more open to the casting openly gay actors, the huge overseas markets like Asia esp. China, also Russia and others where HW makes a lot of their profits, aren't that accepting. This was one of the things the movie casting directors in a SXSW film I posted probably in the Media thread about, were saying.  

Oh the oppression of the poor menfolk!   

Why thank you for the commiseration. It's appreciated for all its worth.  ;-)

Now I know that there are pregnant singers who don't have this experience and who fortunately are able to sing well into their last months of pregnancy. But when you're the leading star of a musical on Broadway you have to be in very good shape to pull that off night after night, and sitting on a stool all night because of swollen ankles isn't an option then.

Thanks for confirming that the experience and consequences of pregnancy can vary from singer to singer. Theater productions sometimes have to compensate for temporary physical limitations. One famous example: when Orson Welles sprained or broke both ankles, he had to play King Lear in a wheelchair turned into a throne. The production had many other problems however and did not last long.

One can certainly question the advisability of taking a break from a successful production running for less than a year. And also of complicating even further the intricate pattern of relationships between the ND alumni. But it allowed for symmetry with the story of her own conception.

• Love 1
even if the domestic audience becomes way more open to the casting openly gay actors, the huge overseas markets like Asia esp. China, also Russia and others where HW makes a lot of their profits, aren't that accepting.

However you can't confirm that until you actually  cast an openly gay actor in one of those roles and open the film in those markets.  I suspect it might not make a whit of difference if it's  they type of movies that the audience would enjoy regardless.  Luke Evans had  a fairly big role in the Hobbit movies and I don't think it was a factor at all.

":Pacifcic RIM" was a huge hit in China, if they cast a gay actor as one of the leads in the planned sequel, as long as the action/payout is good for the GA there I don't think it would impact the box office, but of course we don't know because it hasn't happened.

Reminds me when they used to say that a Black actor couldn't be box office in most overseas markets and then we got Will Smith shattering all those preconceptions.  AT one point he was the biggest global box office guy, no?

Edited by caracas1914

I was watching the scene with Kurt's time capsule locker again and thought how ridiculous that was. What school would let a former student take up permanent real estate? Then I remembered Will is now the principal so of course he would allow one of "his" glee kids build a shrine, especially since Finn's (RIP) picture is front and center.

His father is in congress. He could take a dump in there and they'd let it go because they need the federal money he can approve.

As for the pregnant while singing, I can only speak to my own church choir, but we've had people who sang until they went to the hospital and popped that kid out seemingly unaffected in any way and people who needed a nap, saltines and total vocal rest three months in. I can't see Rachel Berry in any incarnation taking that crap shoot. We let them all back whenever they wanted to return, but we're not a Broadway show. We're a church choir that rarely has enough people we can fill all the seats.

I would think the lesson Rachel learned from Funny Girl was not to  jeopardize a full BW production AGAIN  in any way, shape of form by assuming  a pregnancy to go  without any physical problems.

But this is Glee.

• Love 4

Why thank you for the commiseration.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry.  I should have spelled it out much more clearly that I wasn't commiserating with you.  I was being sarcastic because it's really gross when men bloviate about what pregnant women can/should/will/won't do.

• Love 3

However you can't confirm that until you actually  cast an openly gay actor in one of those roles and open the film in those markets.  I suspect it might not make a whit of difference if it's  they type of movies that the audience would enjoy regardless.  Luke Evans had  a fairly big role in the Hobbit movies and I don't think it was a factor at all.

":Pacifcic RIM" was a huge hit in China, if they cast a gay actor as one of the leads in the planned sequel, as long as the action/payout is good for the GA there I don't think it would impact the box office, but of course we don't know because it hasn't happened.

Reminds me when they used to say that a Black actor couldn't be box office in most overseas markets and then we got Will Smith shattering all those preconceptions.  AT one point he was the biggest global box office guy, no?

I see your point, but the distribution channels (at least in China and Russia)are still under some government control and censorship. And in Russia there is the homosexuality propanganda law that makes it illegal to show or market anything gay to minors, so for blockbusters I guess it's still some audience loss should Luke Evans officially come out and make international headlines. I guess Gandalf doesn't count as a star lol. I mean, HW is a bit risk-averse when it comes to its tentpoles, and in the past these markets weren't that crucially important to the HW bottomline as today. 

Edited by fakeempress

Yes, heaven forbid if men should offer an opinion about that.

And god forbid women should offer their informed and hard-earned through personal experience opinion about themselves, in order to educate. They are told they should listen to men's opinion. 

• Love 1

I don't know if any of you watch Nashville (I enjoy it, despite not really being a country music fan; all of the actors are talented singers and the original songs are great), but one of the actresses got pregnant and they wrote it into the show. During one episode, the heavily pregnant character was determined to finish recording her album, but every time she tried she just couldn't manage it due to the type of issues Glorfindel discussed above. I thought that was nicely realistic.

Yes! And Hayden Panettiere (who plays Juliette) is a tiny little thing like Lea/Rachel! 

I hated the whole surrogacy. angle. 

Question, was any one else A teeny tiny bit bothered that Jesse ended up being the director of Rachel's show? I know I'm being picky, but it just felt like yet, again, the show was tying Rachel's success to some man in her life. I guess with the way they had her story progress this season I was even more sensitive to it. I just wish it could be have something that Rachel accomplished solely on her own. It wasn't a big deal, but it did pop out at me a little.

• Love 1

Question, was any one else A teeny tiny bit bothered that Jesse ended up being the director of Rachel's show? I know I'm being picky, but it just felt like yet, again, the show was tying Rachel's success to some man in her life. I guess with the way they had her story progress this season I was even more sensitive to it. I just wish it could be have something that Rachel accomplished solely on her own. It wasn't a big deal, but it did pop out at me a little.

Yeah, they did the same thing with Tina too.

Apparently Mercedes is the only woman on this show who we got a career path for and who did it on her own.

Santana and Brittany and Quinn.

Did their careers even get mentioned ? Last I can remember Santana and Brittany got married and Quinn was in Yale. I don't remember any of those three having a job let alone a career path...

But we didn't get a flash forward for them, that was what I meant.

But, then your sample size to determine "only woman on the show" is shit, because there are only three women who got a flashforward in the first place: Tina, Mercedes, and Rachel. And I guess you're not counting Sue, either.

Did their careers even get mentioned ? Last I can remember Santana and Brittany got married and Quinn was in Yale. I don't remember any of those three having a job let alone a career path...

Not careers, specifically. But all three women are going to college, without the help of anyone else.

Not careers, specifically. But all three women are going to college, without the help of anyone else.

That could be said about plenty of people who work at McDonalds too!

I know they're you're favourites but I did say those we got a career path for. I thought most people would realise I meant who we got the flash forwards for. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear.

• Love 1

Apparently Mercedes is the only woman on this show who we got a career path for and who did it on her own.

Yup, but apparently that kind of woman doesn't get to have a man or love life. Just some dude that you went to high school with who keeps texting you even though he has a girlfriend. His texts probably say, "Are you still a virgin?"

When the random black lady (because that's what she was) was talking to Mercedes at church it hit me, I'm not sure if anyone else had ever really encouraged Mercedes that way. Certainly not Will who was her teacher and should have been the one doing it.) She told her she was a star and talented. The only other person I can think of was Sam. But then they had to go and ruin it with the whole "Rachel might just need the solos more than you" bullshit.  God, could RIB have been any more clear with their "strong black woman" trope? Here Mercedes is (at 15-16 still) with tears streaming down her face, already facing the constraints that the world was going to put on her as a woman of color. Worried that she would never get people to see her as she saw herself. And what message does RIB send? They get another woman of color to come along and tell her, "That's ok baby. Just suck it up. The other girl may win, but it's just because you don't need it as bad as she does." I'm getting angry all over again!

• Love 4

Except for presumably those scholarships that MIT gave Britanny, Santana's parents providing money (I have a vague memory of that being a plot point) and I assume Quinn got a scholarship since last I heard she had no parents supporting her after that giving birth thing...

Also my point was that I have no idea what any of those characters wanted to do with their lives, career wise. Did we ever know what Quinn was studying ?

That could be said about plenty of people who work at McDonalds too!

I know they're you're favourites but I did say those we got a career path for. I thought most people would realise I meant who we got the flash forwards for. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear.

Eh. College is a career path. It's not a career, but it's the pathway to a career.

Also my point was that I have no idea what any of those characters wanted to do with their lives, career wise. Did we ever know what Quinn was studying ?

I could be wrong, but I think Quinn mentioned wanting to go to the Yale School of Drama. But I don't think she ever commented on it after season 3.

Yup, but apparently that kind of woman doesn't get to have a man or love life. Just some dude that you went to high school with who keeps texting you even though he has a girlfriend. His texts probably say, "Are you still a virgin?"

I see the larger point you're making about Mercedes being single, but she's better off without being stuck with Sam for the rest of her life IMO. She comes out of this a winner.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

When the random black lady (because that's what she was) was talking to Mercedes at church it hit me, I'm not sure if anyone else had ever really encouraged Mercedes that way. Certainly not Will who was her teacher and should have been the one

doing it.) She told her she was a star and talented. The only other person I can think of was Sam. But then they had to go and ruin it with the whole "Rachel might just need the solos more than you" bullshit. God, could RIB have been any more clear with their "strong black woman" trope? Here Mercedes is (at 15-16 still) with tears streaming down her face, already facing the constraints that the world was going to put on her as a woman of color. Worried that she would never get people to see her as

she saw herself. And what message does RIB send? They get another woman of color to come along and tell her, "That's ok baby. Just suck it up. The other girl may win, but it's just because you don't need it as bad as she does." I'm getting angry all over again!

I think the writers didn't want it to be perceived as a race issue( at least at McKinley)so they came up with the whole " Rachel needs the solos more/is more pathetic" bs. The writers really wrote themselves into a corner over the years with the Rachel/Mercedes rivalry, so " 2009" was them retroactively trying to cover their butts.

I think the writers didn't want it to be perceived as a race issue( at least at McKinley)so they came up with the whole " Rachel needs the solos more/is more pathetic" bs. The writers really wrote themselves into a corner over the years with the Rachel/Mercedes rivalry, so " 2009" was them retroactively trying to cover their butts.

Then they failed miserably.

Why did Rachel need it more? All it does is make her look pathetic.

• Love 2

Yet they brought up the race issue with Mercedes lamenting " the white girl always goes first" .

Every time I think these writers have the bar as high as they can, they raise the sky.

Edited by caracas1914

Yet they brought up the race issue with Mercedes lamenting " the white girl always goes first" .

Every time I think these writers have the bar as high as they can, they raise the sky.

I know, but then they canceled that out with the conversation in church. JMO of course.

I still don't buy that bullshit.

But hey, Mercedes walked out of this show as one of the few characters I still liked. And she still got success and not stuck with Sam (in my head she's got someone better). In my heart, she finally got to win.

• Love 1

I see the larger point you're making about Mercedes being single, but she's better off without being stuck with Sam for the rest of her life IMO. She comes out of this a winner.

I agree about Sam, considering how that whole thing played out. It just would have been nice to know that she had some kind of love life. 

ETA

And she still got success and not stuck with Sam (in my head she's got someone better).

I'm just going to go with that. And Santana is her kick-ass, take no prisoners, P.R. guru. 

I know, but then they canceled that out with the conversation in church. JMO of course.

You're right. They were trying to have it both ways. The show wanted to say race/size/looks didn't have anything to do with it (hence the Rachel needs it more crap) but then they went ahead and injected race into it. When Mercedes said she wanted to sing the Sandy part and Rachel was aghast that it was even a question, they had Mercedes expressly say, "Why because I'm black?" and then they have Rachel come back with, "Well I would never dream of wanting to play Miss Saigon or Black Dorothy from The Wiz", which to me sounded like, "stay in your lane". Then they had Mercedes come back with the "white girl and Jew remarks which I also wasn't crazy about. So the message was all over the place. Basically as you said, RIB were trying to cover their butts after the fact in answering the criticism from some as to why solos within the confines of the Glee Club weren't more fairly distributed,(not just to Mercedes, but everyone not named Rachel). They even had Will said more than once, "We're all going to take turns", knowing full well that is not how it ended up. I guess RIB what points for acknowledging it.

Edited by spiritof76
  • Love 2

You know some people went on and on ( the Klainers) how it was so important to show Kurt as a gay guy happy and settled in marriage with a child coming for the positive message it sends , as in everyday life situations that things can get better.

Don't know how that was so important that you gave little focus and Spotlight to his career aspirations in the last episode. No solo or song to show the struggle he's had to go through and the sense of accomplishment he feels? His journey was as long and followed on the show as Rachel's and Will's , so I still can't reconcile the self congratulatory speech Coach Sue gave with how they marginalized his individual storyline.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Basically as you said, RIB were trying to cover their butts after the fact in answering the criticism from some as to why solos within the confines of the Glee Club weren't more fairly distributed

And if you dared question the status quo, like Tina did, you ended up in a really bad dream episode where you learn the most important lesson we learned in the 6 years of Glee: Rachel is the Goddess of Glee, and you better not question it. Ever. You will worship her without question.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1

They also seem to forget that  Mr Shue actually gave the first solo to Artie just a day or two before.   Mercedes was fine with that but not when  Rachel got the "solo".

Also the one that I want isn't a solo.   Their use of solo always bugged me.

I will be honest and say that I didn't think it was a shortcoming that we didn't see the exact career  that everyone ended up with.  Rightfully we found out for the original leads of the show (Will & Rachel) and for other characters who had been leads at different times throughout the series (Kurt, Blaine, and Sam) and we saw it for the other three original choir supporting characters (Tina, Mercedes, Artie).  The only one we maybe should have gotten more on was Santana but then again I think we know she was on a good path between her happy marriage and saying she was going back to college.  

The rest (Mike, Puck, Quinn, and Brittany) we had a vague idea about their respective futures and to me that was enough since they were all supporting characters anyway.  I just didn't need all of their futures mapped out as long as I thought they had happy futures and from the various final scenes (most at the wedding) my takeaway was that they all had bright and happy futures ahead of them.

Edited by camussie

I was still disappointed by not at least getting a line about the others.

Those characters were really important at one time, and I deserved proper closure on them. The show has always been about the group to me, and it wouldn't have been hard to at LEAST get a line of dialogue about the other originals.

Maybe I just feel that way because the only person I like of the group that survived is Mercedes. -sigh-

You know some people went on and on ( the Klainers) how it was so important to show Kurt as a gay guy happy and settled in marriage with a child coming for the positive message it sends , as in everyday life situations that things can get better.

Don't know how that was so important that you gave little focus and Spotlight to his career aspirations in the last episode. No solo or song to show the struggle he's had to go through and the sense of accomplishment he feels? His journey was as long and followed on the show as Rachel's and Will's , so I still can't reconcile the self congratulatory speech Coach Sue gave with how they marginalized his individual storyline.

What pissed me off about the speech was more that Kurt always gets the LGBT credit of the show.

Whether you like/dislike them, Blaine, Santana, Brittany, Unique, Karofsky, and Sheldon were part of this too. I think Kurt was probably handled the best, but elevating one gay guy above the others does annoy me.

• Love 2

I just see the show differently.  I never viewed it as an ensemble like ER became after they moved away from the focus on Carter.  In fact I felt like one of the downfalls of the show was when they tried to make it more of an ensemble by giving characters who should have stayed supporting more story.  

Beyond that they were all 25, at the oldest, so I doubt they would all keep the same career for the next 40 years.  As long as I thought they had bright and fulfilling futures ahead of them I was fine and I felt like we saw that they all would.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 5

I just see the show different.  I never viewed it as an ensemble like ER became after they moved away from the focus on Carter.  In fact I felt like one of the downfalls of the show was when they tried to make it more of an ensemble by giving characters who should have stayed supporting more story.  

Even if you don't view the show as an ensemble, Mercedes, Tina, and Artie were all still supporting characters. And they got proper closure, even if just a line. And I'd argue that Santana, Quinn, and Puck were all more major than Mercedes, Tina, and Artie, despite them not being an Original 5 member.

Having said that, I'm glad that they didn't get any sort of line in the finale about what they're doing, because it would have just felt out-of-place and unearned to me, like the others' did. Either it'd be some weird OTT thing or it'd be something so minor and clearly inferior to the others that it would have made me mad.

But I don't think a line of dialogue would've detracted from the episode, and it wouldn't have left me so annoyed. Or if when at least Puck and Quinn were brought back, they did something good for them to end on.

It's why I'm personally going to pretend New Directions was the finale. We had an idea of where everyone was going, we got DSB, and video where everyone talked about what the club meant to them. Also, that Will scene with the kids voiced broke my heart into so many pieces, and I was way more touched by hearing Finn's voice there than the audiorium dedication.

I guess I'm also one more for the bittersweet, open-ended endings rather than having (most) people tied up so neatly it's fanfiction. The only thing that made getting to the actual finale worth it was Brittana (cuz I ship them), and Rachel and Jesse (even if I had to slog through Samchel), because it was important for me to see Rachel could find love again (even if she drives me nuts half of the time)..

Edited by phoenixrising
  • Love 1

I just don't see the why it was so necessary to have everyone's future tied up in a bow when these characters ended the show so young.  The careers we saw them in at 25 wouldn't be what many of them would be doing at 45.  Take Puck.  We know he is in the air force.  Eventually he would reach mandatory retirement so he would have a second career.  Mike was attending a prestigious dance academy so while I assume he had a long and happy career dancing eventually he would age out of some performances.  I can imagine he would go on to teach or choreograph once that happens or maybe while he is also performing. 

I just don't see the why it was so necessary to have everyone's future tied up in a bow when these characters ended the show so young.  The careers we saw them in at 25 wouldn't be what many of them would be doing at 45.  

But it's Glee. And these characters all have fans that have watched them for 6 years and pored over every single thing they've done and said and read fanfic and visited message boards and bought music and episodes with them in it. The show flashforwarded five years and only gave updates on a few characters. It's not outrageous for fans of the rest to wish that they'd been included.

• Love 3

I don't think it was necessary for any of them, really, but again, it's a difference in how we view the show. To me, regardless of what Glee's TRIED to do, it's been an ensemble. Everyone in that first group matters to me, and I have some degree of emotional investment in all of them (even if I kind of hate them). To give such unequal endings is just wrong, to me. And as Ceeg pointed out, I think on the whole, Puck, Quinn, and Santana at least were bigger than Mercedes, Artie, Tina.

Like I said, I'd personally have preferred an open-ended ending for everyone, but if you're fine with it, cool. I have a right to my opinion, you have a right to yours. Because everyone watches this show for different things.

But it's Glee. And these characters all have fans that have watched them for 6 years and pored over every single thing they've done and said and read fanfic and visited message boards and bought music and episodes with them in it. The show flashforwarded five years and only gave updates on a few characters. It's not outrageous for fans of the rest to wish that they'd been included.

Yes.

And, I'll be frank, I stuck with this show mostly for Santana. I know she is not the point of the show, but she's still the one who matters most to me. I'm not delusional enough to think she deserves more than Rachel or whoever, but as she's the character I've mainly poorer my heart into for 5 years, it's a bummer for me that she's not considered worthy of a real ending.

I again think it goes back to the fact that everyone watches this show for different reasons in different ways. I watched because I connected to the closeted lesbian with a ton of emotional walls. I know that's not the reason for most fans, and if literally everyone else loves the finale the way it was, cool. But I personally can still be disappointed that she didn't get an update.

• Love 2

Well my favourite got an ending. Trust me, you don't want that for your favourite!

In some ways I am, seeing what they did to everyone else. It's the principal though! And I'm headcanoning everything after that point away anyway. ;-)

The problem with the endings, all of them, was that they made me feel nothing because they weren't earned. We don't see their progress to get there or they are things that just fall on the characters laps, like the superintendent making McKinley an arts school and Will principal. Maybe Will influenced that decision indirectly, but that's not the same as a character fighting for a specific goal while we cheer them on, then seeing them attain that goal. So it was all very flat. They could have skipped seasons 4-6 and given the characters the same ending and pretty much nothing would've had to be different because everything truly relevant to those endings more or less happened during the 5 year jump we didn't see, save Finn's death. Klaine were already dating, so them married wouldn't have been a shock. Same with Brittana. Rachel was going to broadway, so we see that she made it. Will's gift as a principal was thrown in his lap, so that could've happened off screen too because by the season 3 finale we knew that would be a dream come true for Will. Etc etc etc.

• Love 4

I think the problem, from a narrative POV, is if you're going to do a time jump, and reveal the fates of characters, it just seems weird to reveal what happened to some characters and not others. Gossip Girl was able to this a bit better. Granted, they had far less characters, and not everyone agreed with how things ended, but at least you knew where everyone ended regardless of whether or not it made sense.

Now of course, we don't need to see how everyone ended up. But at the very least, the people who were there in the first 3 seasons (not counting the 1 seasoners like Lauren or peope who joined later like Sugar or Rory), the ones who people associate with the show more, we should have at least known what they were up to.

• Love 2
Now of course, we don't need to see how everyone ended up. But at the very least, the people who were there in the first 3 seasons (not counting the 1 seasoners like Lauren or peope who joined later like Sugar or Rory), the ones who people associate with the show more, we should have at least known what they were up to.

I would've been okay with not knowing what happened to them if their story had been wrapped up seasons ago and we never knew about them. For example, if the last time we saw Quinn was when she was off to Yale and we never saw her again, then that was her ending and that's fine. But Puck, Santana, Brittany, Quinn, Mike were even on THIS season. So they needed a new proper wrap up.

• Love 6

I would've been okay with not knowing what happened to them if their story had been wrapped up seasons ago and we never knew about them. For example, if the last time we saw Quinn was when she was off to Yale and we never saw her again, then that was her ending and that's fine. But Puck, Santana, Brittany, Quinn, Mike were even on THIS season. So they needed a new proper wrap up.

Exactly. Like in Charmed, they killed Prue at the end of season 3, which in the universe of charmed means the character could've come back, but never did because of drama on-set. The character got an ending and never appeared for the rest of the 4-5 seasons, so, whatever. Woulda been nice if she could've cameoed in that finale, but you let it go.

Them dangling some of them around after they had potentially good endings (Quinn stablish at Yale, Puck in the military, heck, them getting together in the 100 even), and I would've said "ok, that was their ending." But they came back for stupid shit this season, and I just wonder...why? I'd have rather left those characters on good notes instead of dumb ones.

Brittany and Santana, I'm a bit more iffy on. They at least got the wedding stuff, and with whatever happened in season 5, I feel lucky we got Naya back at all, but, by doing the five year time jump, they had reopened the question of where they are. I was fine leaving Brittana on "married and going to college." But while Rachel was winning a Tony, where are they? What did they major in? Did they graduate? Did they join the children bandwagon? These things bothered me.

Had Glee been smarter and more forward thinking, they could've tried to schedule everyone back for the finale. Them coming back for I Lived was obviously last minute, based on those Naya and Heather tweets after the wedding and that one dianna interview. I guess it's better than not having them back at all, but you barely saw any of them in the number. It was distracting in "Teach Your Children" that some random people were there, but some people we've watched for six years weren't, and who I give way more craps about.

It might not be their fault, but I'll always be bitter about it.

• Love 1

Exactly. Like in Charmed, they killed Prue at the end of season 3, which in the universe of charmed means the character could've come back, but never did because of drama on-set. The character got an ending and never appeared for the rest of the 4-5 seasons, so, whatever. Woulda been nice if she could've cameoed in that finale, but you let it go.

Them dangling some of them around after they had potentially good endings (Quinn stablish at Yale, Puck in the military, heck, them getting together in the 100 even), and I would've said "ok, that was their ending." But they came back for stupid shit this season, and I just wonder...why? I'd have rather left those characters on good notes instead of dumb ones.

Brittany and Santana, I'm a bit more iffy on. They at least got the wedding stuff, and with whatever happened in season 5, I feel lucky we got Naya back at all, but, by doing the five year time jump, they had reopened the question of where they are. I was fine leaving Brittana on "married and going to college." But while Rachel was winning a Tony, where are they? What did they major in? Did they graduate? Did they join the children bandwagon? These things bothered me.

Had Glee been smarter and more forward thinking, they could've tried to schedule everyone back for the finale. Them coming back for I Lived was obviously last minute, based on those Naya and Heather tweets after the wedding and that one dianna interview. I guess it's better than not having them back at all, but you barely saw any of them in the number. It was distracting in "Teach Your Children" that some random people were there, but some people we've watched for six years weren't, and who I give way more craps about.

It might not be their fault, but I'll always be bitter about it.

Yeah. Marrying Brittana and sending them off after telling us what their future plans were would've been a good ending for them. The problem is that they mentioned no concrete plans besides going to NY and college, so it's hard to imagine what their life was 5 years later. And given how they are all "the glee club is family!" it was weird that they weren't there when Rachel won the Tony and no one excused or mentioned their absence. It was just badly planned, imo.

I think the last season instead of being all about fucking Sue should've been about sending the characters off into the sunset. They could've picked a small group for each episode, give them an ending and then next! Will and Rachel could've had the last episodes. They want to do too much and end up doing a mess.

• Love 3