Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: S06.E12: 2009 / S06.E13: Dreams Come True

Tara Ariano

(edited)

Rachel sings This Time (present day)  and then it says 5 years later and Mercedes is getting out of her car to watch the Tony's at Rachel house.

When starting the auditorium dedication it says  Fall 2020.

So The Tonys would be June 2020,  then  I lived in the auditorium Oct/Nov 2020.

Rachel would have had 3 semesters (fall 2012, spring 2013, fall 2013) done before quitting spring 2014.  So she started back in  spring 2015, then did fall 2015, spring 2016, fall 2016, graduated in spring 2017.  If Jesse won for the project Rachel passed up he could have won the Tony in 2015.  Rachel would be done with school in 2017 and even had a role or two before her Tony winning role in 2020.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1
(edited)

No not the norm but not totally unheard of either like Audra McDonald had 2 by the age of 26. Lea Salonga won at 21. 

Jon Groff was nominated at 22.

Them winning young doesn't even make the list of mistakes of their AU version of  "Bway".

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Wouldn't Rachel a few extra years to repair her reputation? In 2020 isn't she only two years out of college?

Age is often irrelevant with acting awards. Right place, right time is much more important.

No not the norm but not totally unheard of either like Audra McDonald had 2 by the age of 26. Lea Salonga won at 21.

Jon Groff was nominated at 22.

Them winning young doesn't even make the list of mistakes of their AU version of "Bway".

Matt Morrison was 26( almost 27) when he was nominated.

I Lived would have to be in November, since Sue was officially the VP, right? November is when the U.S. election happens anyway...

Was she suppose to be elected in 2016? She couldn't be elected in 2020 or she wouldn't be inaugurated until 2021. (My favourite show ever is The West Wing.) 

I Lived would have to be in November, since Sue was officially the VP, right? November is when the U.S. election happens anyway...

Applying real world logic to a show that has Sue Sylvester winning Vice President of the United States. Why you do that?

I'm headcanoning that everything that happened in this episode was AU. Except St. Berry endgame.

• Love 3

Sue was VP in June 2020 when Rachel was winning her Tony.

I'll head canon that Sue was a replacement VP.

I just came across some screen grabs of Tina's ending and even I don't get how irrationally angry it makes me, everything about is awful, she's with Artie, she's in his film, she's at Rachel's Tony party. I hate the way she looks, who her friends are (except Kitty), I hate her career path, I hate everything.

But I get it's completely irrational to get this pissed off on behalf of a TV character. But I need to vent so...

• Love 1

Seems that many of the cut scenes we have seen basically have elements of other scenes  that made it in the episode.

Several Faberry scenes that were cut had some of the same elements of the ones that did make into the episodes that I remember.      Here the scene of Bieste pumping up Will's  accomplishment is like Rachel's Tony speech pumping up Will.    And Rachel remembrance of Finn is honoring him as in the dedication scene. 

Not  word for word of course but the same sentiment.   

Edited by tom87

But there are (in some of these anyway) excluded elements that make a huge difference. Like knowing where Bieste was going, getting a better idea of wtf is up with Samcedes (though still overly vague), etc. And im not sure whose benefit they were cut for.

Although it is depressing to see they didn't even think of throwing the unfinished characters a line of dialogue about where they are and stupidly cut it.

The only part of the finale I've watched is I Lived, and based on that I am going with Quinncedes endgame.

Because they...hugged each other?

Probably because the affection Amber/Mercedes and Diana/Quinn feel for each other is so obvious whenever they're together onscreen.  I loved watching them, and I found their interactions on Glee to be a pleasure to watch. I felt the same way about Kurtcedes. I've always thought that was the reason why both friendships were abandoned. Along the same vein, I think Quinn was written so horribly because too many people liked her rather than hated her, and they liked Quinn with Finn. Diana/Quinn was certainly punished  for that offense. Glee was never going to allow anything take focus away from Rachel.  

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 1

Oh, I'm all for them being freinds. I just thought it was weird to fanwank them being more based on what the show gave us.

And I do agree, part of the fun of the Glee performances is seeing the sincere and genuine affection the actors feel for each other come out. And then an episode later their characters would be having verbal and physical catfights lol

And yes, it is sad some of the earlier friendships, like Quinn and Mercedes, or Mercedes and Kurt, were forgotten about later on.

What can I say, I'm weird.  I been shipping Quinncedes since the Back 9.  Because I think they'd be really good together, and because shipping non canon femslash is what I do.

I watched the I Lived number not really expecting much, because it was a thrown together scene to placate fans who actually care about people not named Rachel, Kurt, or Blaine.  And because what the crap is that song?

So, I was very happy to actually get some enjoyment out of it in the form of Quinn and Mercedes barely leaving each other's side for most of it, and all the little hand holding and dancing and interacting moments.  Throw in no endgame Quick or Samcedes bullshit in the finale, and I'm calling it a win.

I'm used to having to make my own fun with this icky show.  It's nice RIB made it pretty easy in this case.