Type keyword(s) to search

William Shephard Rose III: Roman Numerals Tell You He's Rich

• Start Topic

On 10/25/2020 at 12:46 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Yep. And rumor has it from local social circles in Charleston that Shep is already cheating on her regularly(he’s still often seen out on the bar scene there with different girls).

This is why if he's commitment phobic, he should live his life dating the women he wants to date and not jam in some relationship b/c people think he should settle down.  

• Love 2
On 12/4/2020 at 9:49 PM, aghst said:

I don't get it, memoirs of reality TV stars sell?

Maybe someone who won Survivor or something but Southern Charm?

The memoir written by Kate Chastain from "Below Deck" is quite good. I also bought Captain Lee's and it was a fun read and then totally forgettable. If Kate came out with a volume 2, I'd happily buy it. Cameran's memoir? Not interested. Basically because it will be a whitewash and thus very dull. She'll throw out a few stories where she lets herself look a little bad, but then quickly get back to depicting her perfect life. 

Shep's book about his wild and crazy life? His life is just not that interesting. For a rich guy in Charleston, he's rather average and no longer that charming. He hasn't done much of note besides the dubious achievement of becoming a cast member on this show and "starring" in a one-season spinoff that was basically embarrassing for everyone involved. I have no desire to read about his spoiled upbringing.

Edited by RedHawk
Added comments for Shep thread
  • Love 8

Here's what I'm coming around to about Shep ... I'm his exact age.  I work a full-time job and I actually enjoy it, but if I knew I'd have enough money for the rest of my life without working, I wouldn't do it.  I don't think work is inherently noble.  Most of us do it just for the $, and that's okay. Also, I'm married and have kids, but I don't think that doing those things is inherently noble either. If anything, I give Shep props for not getting married and having kids when he knows that's not what he wants. I also don't give a shit if he stays out late, drinking and partying, even at 42. It's not something I would do (or even could physically handle!) at this point in my life, but different strokes for different folks.

So, I don't fault Shep for those things. I fault him because he's a really, really shitty friend and boyfriend. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
On 8/22/2022 at 12:06 PM, ladle said:

Here's what I'm coming around to about Shep ... I'm his exact age.  I work a full-time job and I actually enjoy it, but if I knew I'd have enough money for the rest of my life without working, I wouldn't do it.  I don't think work is inherently noble.  Most of us do it just for the $, and that's okay. Also, I'm married and have kids, but I don't think that doing those things is inherently noble either. If anything, I give Shep props for not getting married and having kids when he knows that's not what he wants. I also don't give a shit if he stays out late, drinking and partying, even at 42. It's not something I would do (or even could physically handle!) at this point in my life, but different strokes for different folks.

So, I don't fault Shep for those things. I fault him because he's a really, really shitty friend and boyfriend. 

I completely agree. Shep has been very vocal and upfront from day 1 that he is not interested in getting married or even really having a steady girlfriend, and that he is privileged enough to have a steady income that keeps him in a lifestyle he enjoys without having to work. It's everyone else that tries to foist these expectations on him. If Taylor thinks Shep is going to propose to her, then that's on her and I don't feel sorry for her.  At least he knows this about himself and doesn't try to fit himself into others' expectations. If he wants to stay out all night and sleep all day, what do I care?

That being said, he's still a crappy human being because of the way he treats people, including people he supposedly likes and respects. He also needs to either use protection or get a vasectomy (which can be reversed if he changes his mind) if he truly doesn't want have children and as much as he does drunken hook-ups. I can't believe he doesn't use protection.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I will say that I watched Taylor on WWHL and she was pretty open about the fact that neither of them expected that their relationship would turn serious and that she never really told him that at the start that she wanted something more serious. It sounded to me like she went into it with her eyes open, expected just to have some fun for a while, it turned into something more but then hit a dead end so she got out. She was pretty matter of fact about all of it even though she also admitted that she assumed he probably cheated on her at some point. This is not to excuse his shitty behavior at all but I think she likely hoped he might come around once things got more serious than they expected but she wasn’t terribly surprised that he didn’t. 

• Useful 5
18 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I will say that I watched Taylor on WWHL and she was pretty open about the fact that neither of them expected that their relationship would turn serious and that she never really told him that at the start that she wanted something more serious. It sounded to me like she went into it with her eyes open, expected just to have some fun for a while, it turned into something more but then hit a dead end so she got out. She was pretty matter of fact about all of it even though she also admitted that she assumed he probably cheated on her at some point. This is not to excuse his shitty behavior at all but I think she likely hoped he might come around once things got more serious than they expected but she wasn’t terribly surprised that he didn’t. 

That's good to know; however, she's still an idiot for not using some form of birth control while with Shep so that she's not stuck with him for the rest of her life.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Book Junkie said:

It's everyone else that tries to foist these expectations on him. If Taylor thinks Shep is going to propose to her, then that's on her and I don't feel sorry for her.  At least he knows this about himself and doesn't try to fit himself into others' expectations. If he wants to stay out all night and sleep all day, what do I care?

I totally agree, except that I do feel a little bad for Taylor. Yes, he's been vocal in the past about not wanting marriage/kids but this season he's been slightly dangling the carrot of "well maybe" and "who's to say what I will want in the future?" And yes, Taylor 1000000% should still know better, but I could see how that might be a little confusing for her. But also, she doesn't seem like a dumb person. Maybe she does know he'll never change and she's fine with this relationship for now because she still has time?

But even if he were 100% upfront with Taylor that he never wanted to get married and have kids (which I would respect!), he's still a crap boyfriend because he is claiming to be monogamous while cheating on her and then gaslighting her. 

39 minutes ago, Book Junkie said:

That's good to know; however, she's still an idiot for not using some form of birth control while with Shep so that she's not stuck with him for the rest of her life.

This boggles my mind! Neither Taylor nor Shep strikes me as a particularly stupid person, and there are so many options for birth control nowadays. What is going on there?? 

• Love 1
On 8/22/2022 at 12:06 PM, ladle said:

Yeah, he's a piece of work. I think he was especially harsh with Taylor because he had to apologize to Craig the night before and his ego couldn't take having to eat humble pie two days in a row. I dislike him immensely. If he weren't rich I think he might have turned out a lot better. He has not been held accountable enough. It sounds like he's been allowed to talk to his parents disrespectfully and never given consequences. So he's basically a spoiled, selfish, entitled child in an adult, probably STD ridden body.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

OK, this is weird.  I'm watching the first Poltergeist movie and something hit me like a ton of lead.  In the middle of the movie, while all of the creepy stuff is going on, disheveled and sleep-deprived Craig T. Nelson looks exactly like disheveled and alcoholic/hungover Shep.  He even sounds like Shep and has the same body type.  Mind you, Poltergeist was made in 1982 so this is Craig T. Nelson 40 years ago, but he's a dead ringer to Shep today.  Must point out that @AliceinBlunderland mentioned the resemblance on Twitter in 2015.  In her words, "Once you see it, it cannot be unseen."

CTL is Shep.jpg

Edited by Oosala
Inserting the d*mn picture.
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5