Type keyword(s) to search

William Shephard Rose III: Roman Numerals Tell You He's Rich

• Start Topic

Me too, Cooksdelight.  Guys like Shep remind me of so many of my college buddies and how they would be on a show like this.  Endearing, goofy, happy, witty drinkers that have a very loose "live and let live" attitude towards the world.  And it's not a "frat" kind of attitude, some frat boys are wound up, intense snobs that would fit in better with Patricia's crowd.  If Shep is a frat boy, he's definitely a Delta, not an Omega.

• Love 2

When Shep said that if he had someone special, he would stay in and watch Netflix "more," I swooned a little as I fantasized about watching documentaries about the Roosevelts or third world economies, discussing women's rights in the Middle East and Africa, and arguing over which 30 Rock line is the funniest.  Dear Shep, I also get HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, Yahoo Screen, and iTunes.  Pick me pick me!

• Love 5

Ok, so Shep said his birthday was a Saturday last year, and it seemed like one in September or early October. I'm still trying to figure out the exact date because I'm into astrology and also a Virgo, which I think he may be, or a Libra.

He's going to be on WWHL next Monday. Cooksdelight, wanna try to call in and ask for me? ;-)

• Love 3

I am also curious to see how close his birthday is to October 13, just because that was when TRav's debate was and I want to see how much if that story was scripted. Not that I think he celebrated on his actual birthday.

Edited by biakbiak

Not that I think he celebrated on his actual birthday.

Yeah, that bar party might have been for the show, with the "real" party at the beach house on the actual day (since he said it was a Saturday). There sure was a lot of "free alcohol" (as Kathryn termed it) at the bar party! Seemed like 2 or 3 fifths for every person there. 

What did Kathryn say? "I'm turning into 'Kiki'!" I think that's her name for her bar-star party-girl alter-ego.

Oh...I hope Shep is a Virgo. It would suit him nicely.

Oh yes, he has a lot of the characteristics. And yet the more I see of him the more Libra he seems. Maybe on the cusp...

Edited by RedHawk

So, until last night, I liked Shep well enough. But, now, I've joined in on the 2 week fling bandwagon. The dancing and ironing his shirt for him mom did it for me, but on top of that I just liked him on Watch What Happens Live. I think he would be a great friend to have, and I can see why Danni was so stuck on him last season. 

Edited by nenya
  • Love 4

Welcome to the bandwagon, nenya! 

I'd slap my momma to have a weekend or 2 week fling with Shep.  He doesn't even need to know my name, I'm okay with that.  He is just so darn cute and sexy, it makes my lady parts scream.  Or sing.  Or something.

• Love 7

psychoticstate, I wouldn't even have to have sex with the guy! I would just like to have great conversation with the guy! He's attractive, witty, has a great sense of humor, not to mention well-read. Sex with him would be icing on the cake. I said it once, I'll say it again, Kathryn "trapped" the wrong Charmer.

• Love 6

I'm soooooooo glad for our Shep that Kathryn didn't end up with him as the babydaddy. Can you imagine? He'd be off supervising what's going on at the restaurant and she'd sit at home complaining that he's not with her. That sour look on her face. She'd kill that vibrant spirit he has.

• Love 5

At the men-only dinner party, when Craig was rude to Patricia, I swooned for Shep!  His entire body reacted, he flinched and then nudged Craig, that was an honest reflex reaction.  His momma should be quite proud, as laid back as he may be he really does care about manners and the 'little things'.  I can look past a lot of silliness if I can see kindness and a good heart, and Shep is all heart.  Aw, he makes this middle aged, longtime-happily-married lady smile :-)

When he does settle down I bet he will be a wonderful husband and a terrific father.   I can see him now with his kids, leading the parade of mischief 

• Love 6
At the men-only dinner party, when Craig was rude to Patricia, I swooned for Shep!  His entire body reacted, he flinched and then nudged Craig, that was an honest reflex reaction.  His momma should be quite proud, as laid back as he may be he really does care about manners and the 'little things'.  I can look past a lot of silliness if I can see kindness and a good heart, and Shep is all heart.  Aw, he makes this middle aged, longtime-happily-married lady smile :-

Yes, and I think his little talk with Craig at the golf course was nice.  I think he showed that he had genuine concern for Craig's future, and I thought his humility as he expressed good fortune of being born into wealth was refreshing.  IMHO, I actually thought Whitney also expressed concern for Craig as well, and I enjoyed how the 3 left that conversation.  Craig said he was embarrassed, and Shep and Whitney kinda put an arm on him and told him there was no need for that.  I thought it was a nice little "bromantic" moment. 

• Love 4

So he has a reputation and Jackie cited it in telling him why they wouldn't spend more time together.

So he calls up someone and invites her to Craig's house in Delaware.

He has women in every port!

So he has a reputation and Jackie cited it in telling him why they wouldn't spend more time together.

So he calls up someone and invites her to Craig's house in Delaware.

He has women in every port!

Sure seems that way. I really wish he'd get back together with Danni. She's sweet, gorgeous and I liked their chemistry during season 1. I can't imagine how hard it is for her to be around him while he's hitting on various other women. I hope she finds a great man that will treat her well.

(edited)
From the article cooksdelight posted in the small talk thread about about Shep's bar/hot dog pLACE:

I often was paid late. I received no overtime, which I agreed to during our initial meeting, but I did not agree to being the only employee and still receiving no overtime even though the owners didn't have to pay any other staff and I was covering all the labor needs myself. My last check was rubber and bounced. Then they decided just not to pay me for my final two weeks or reimburse me for items I bought for the kitchen. They agree that I am owed money but just won't pay it.

Not cool Shep! Not everyone has mailbox money, pay your employees! He just went down a lot in my eyes. Edited by biakbiak
  • Fire 1
  • Love 3

If it was just the blog post, I would be a more skeptical but the fact that it was reprinted in Eater which is reputable and they didn't respond to it makes me believe it.

• Fire 1
  • Love 2

From the article cooksdelight posted in the small talk thread about about Shep's bar/hot dog pLACE: Not cool Shep! Not everyone has mailbox money, pay your employees! He just went down a lot in my eyes.

Shep can always shift the blame to the co-owner.   What adds some credibility to the story is scene we saw with Shep and 2 employees (guessing bartender and waitress) where he was going through the bills and he picked 1 to pay and then laughed off the others.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

When we were there yesterday, there were 3 or 4 employees standing around with nothing to do. Or, they weren't being proactive and helping out anywhere else. I've got a photo of one guy sitting on the patio, texting. Since there were no customers but us.

• Love 1

Watched some of the marathon today and saw again the part where Shep talks about his family and childhood. He mentions that he ran around like a crazy kid and his mom had lots of patience with him because basically she had to. I wonder if he has ADD or ADHD. It would explain a lot about his ability to do well focusing on his own ventures such as managing his finances but hating to be in an office situation. 

• Useful 1

I am rewatching season 2, and I just gotta say I am LOVING the "Dysfunction Junction" episode where the date with Craig sells for TRIPLE the date with Shep at Patricia's charity event. The way Shep totally loses his cool is absolutely hilarious. It goes against completely what Shep carefully tries to show of himself on the show. I absolutely think Craig was trying to rub it in, but the reaction he got from Shep was priceless in my book. He just couldn't hold it in any longer and went off on Craig. Now, did the producers arrange for Kelsea Ballerini to bid $5k on Craig just to send Shep over the edge? It wouldnt surprise me at all... either way, I loved it. I feel like Shep carries himself VERY CAREFULLY shen he knows the cameras are rolling, and i think we finally saw a little snippet of who Shep can really be. Granted I do think he is actually really laid back, but I think he plays it up and turns on the charm.for the cameras big time (which I would definitely try to do myself!) Thank you show.

ETA - Granted I could be TOTALLY wrong. Just my opinion

Edited by bblancobrnx

It's nothing I would ever buy but hey, people were down on him for living only with mailbox income or whatever the expression was.

Now he's taking advantage of being on the show to get a different income source.

So you have to cut him a break.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I'm down in Savannah, GA now((been looking for signs of any potential reality show filming for the supposed Savannah spin-off SC)), and I actually got to chatting at a popular new bar here with a gorgeous girl from SC who claimed that her fiancé and Shep are friends/former fraternity brothers. She said that when she first met Shep, he tossed her the old Ron Burgundy-esque line that he was "famous" and "kind of a big deal around here" and that he acts exactly the same way offscreen as onscreen and you just can't help but like the charming bastard. Let's hope his "fame" doesn't go to his head then.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Why would anyone want any of that garbage? Amazing the stuff people will buy. No wonder we're experiencing an epidemic of hoarders. Ugh.

Really.  At least my hoard is all old stuff from my family, and has been with me for decades.  I'll admit to an addiction to Kohl's clearance men's t-shirts, all under $5, with a 30% off coupon only - and that's just because my washing machine is on it's last legs, and my arms hurt too much to handwash often.  :-)

Even horseteeth's charm is wearing thin; the "ladies" he's striking out with would probably agree.  Poor Shep is about one day away from his soured milk date.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Definitely nothing special about ShepGear. Besides, aren't trucker hats over by now? I will say I had a laugh at the Dad Bod shirt, because I could totally picture Tom Schwartz from VPR wearing it. But beyond that, Shep's "line" sucks. 

(edited)

Bravo is currently showing episodes from Season 1, and I'd totally forgotten about Shep's "love interest" named M.J. Wonder whatever happened to her? I'm getting the impression that Shep has wanted to get serious with a few women in his past but they all eventually passed on him, probably because of his aimlessness and party-boy ways. That would explain the constant sleeping around and comments to Cameran that tend to make him look insecure. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Bravo is currently showing episodes from Season 1, and I'd totally forgotten about Shep's "love interest" named M.J. Wonder whatever happened to her? I'm getting the impression that Shep has wanted to get serious with a few women in his past but they all eventually passed on him, probably because of his aimlessness and party-boy ways. That would explain the constant sleeping around and comments to Cameran that tend to make him look insecure. 

This just reinforces to me that the real special women in the world whom Cameran thinks can "tame" Shep would probably not want to have anything to do with him. And why would they? They can do a lot better than him. Plus, whenever there's someone who presents a "challenge", he just reverts to chasing skirts because in his own words, "it's easier for him."

Shep will probably just end up with a woman version of him, drinking and partying till they drop, but younger of course. But save the real special women of the world for the better men. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I completely forgot that Danni and Shep used to date.

So did I. In the episode I watched Cameron even called her Shep's "ex". That may have been exaggerated for the show, Though I can see them dating and partying together for a few months. The way Dani shut down Thomas's advances makes me feel quite sure she was also the one to end it with Shep. 

• Love 2