Type keyword(s) to search

Cameran Eubanks: The Greek Chorus for Y'All

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Austen just commented on SM that he was hoping he and Shep and Craig could just get their own show. Yeahhhh, I don’t remotely see that happening, so keep dreaming, fella.

They could call it Southern Repulsion.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Eliza apparently isn’t coming back either but no one cares.

Truer words were never spoken!

Anyway, I see that Patricia has tweeted that she, Michael and Whitney will "be around." So, I guess it won't completely be the Shep, Craig and Austen show. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Truer words were never spoken!

Anyway, I see that Patricia has tweeted that she, Michael and Whitney will "be around." So, I guess it won't completely be the Shep, Craig and Austen show. 

Who even cares about muppet mouth  Austen? I’m sure he does wish it was just he, Shep, and Craig. Otherwise, he’d have to get an actual job.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

why would anyone make an accusation of an ongoing affair...if the parties have never met? Kathryn is vile, but how could bravo support a groundless story? there has to be some kind of connection...it all seems so far fetched, from every angle.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Thomas is on a Twitter rant. Again.   What a trash bag.

And assuming he’ll delete it soon....

7F7B13F3-4B32-46C1-BD49-16CB26261089.thumb.png.477620bd5bffafad3cb97623caa541ae.png

Oh he’s in *rare* form tonight, blubbering and blazing all over Twitter like the dumpster fire he truly is.

85571771-1975-40E9-95AE-032DF5E1EA26.jpeg

D8CA047B-9A2D-4B76-BA29-DE571A8A2F93.jpeg

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

am I alone in thinking that there must be some kind of connection with the makeup person? why would this person that had never met Cameron or her husband be called out as having an ongoing affair?

i think Kathryn has personally sunk lower than dog poop on a rainy day, and wouldn't put anything past her....but this just seems like such a random story.  Cameron has so much to protect, her family and her husband's career....it is all so sad, and yet I have this lingering question of why something like this would ever be repeated or even mentioned. was this random makeup person somehow connected to Madison? how did this all even become gossip?

could Thomas be behind this? 

Edited by 2dogmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I also find it odd that this woman was plucked out of thin air to accuse of being in an adultrous affair with Dr. Wemberly.  I have no reason to believe that it's true, but it causes my internal side eye signal to blip a little bit.  For the record, though I have tried to be a Kathryn supporter, I find her to be at best, a needy, often contemptuous woman, and don't put much beneath her.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/17/2020 at 2:36 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Oh he’s in *rare* form tonight, blubbering and blazing all over Twitter like the dumpster fire he truly is.

85571771-1975-40E9-95AE-032DF5E1EA26.jpeg

D8CA047B-9A2D-4B76-BA29-DE571A8A2F93.jpeg

Hilarious that Thomas says the show is his lowest point when he went to PRISON and is a FELON. When he chose to be on the show he was already in his 50s, a mature man with wealth and a business. So he's shading his castmates, most of whom were in their 20s or early 30s when they started, for being on the show and saying it is the "proudest achievement" on their resumes? Likely not even true. Craig passed the bar, Cameron has her real estate license, Naomi has a master's degree, etc. 

Thomas was an over-50, never-married [correction: briefly married], alcoholic FELON living off a business his daddy loaned him money to start and should have had more dignity and good sense than to be on a reality TV show. Rumor is that ALL his family begged him to quit after the first season and all the scandal being brought up again, not to mention Kathryn (30 years younger than Thomas) and the out-of-wedlock baby-mama drama.

Damn, I could go on but we all KNOW what a ridiculous foolish turd Thomas is.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Oh there was a Mrs. Ravenel, albeit briefly. They married in 1995, separated in 1996 and divorced in 1998. This is her:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-katy-ryan-mccarthy-11433717/

Oh yes, thanks for that correction. Knew and forgot about his brief marriage. It was likely not the proudest achievement on HER life resume either.

Since this is Cameran's thread I'll take it back to her and say I'll miss her on the show and I wish her well. She's smart to get out of it and hasn't embarrassed and ruined herself publicly the way Thomas has.  

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 6:38 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Insidious rumors 👇 

cameran-eubanks-husband-cheats

On 5/18/2020 at 8:18 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I also find it odd that this woman was plucked out of thin air to accuse of being in an adultrous affair with Dr. Wemberly.  I have no reason to believe that it's true, but it causes my internal side eye signal to blip a little bit.  For the record, though I have tried to be a Kathryn supporter, I find her to be at best, a needy, often contemptuous woman, and don't put much beneath her.

Where there is smoke there is fire often enough for me to think the cheating rumor could be true.  As to who spread it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kathryn, but it could one of the guys blurting it out accidentally.

On 5/12/2020 at 2:52 PM, druzy said:

So now that Cameran, Naomi and Chelsea are gone, that leaves Madison, Danni, Kathryn, Shep, Craig, and Josh. It doesn't look promising. 

On 5/12/2020 at 3:25 PM, biakbiak said:

Poor Austen he is so unmemorable people don’t remember his name.

Hysterical.

On 5/15/2020 at 4:09 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Austen just commented on SM that he was hoping he and Shep and Craig could just get their own show. Yeahhhh, I don’t remotely see that happening, so keep dreaming, fella.

The only people I'm remotely interested in on the show are Craig, Whitney, and Patricia.  Having said that, a show with just Shep, Craig, and Austen would be more entertaining than Southern Charm has been for a long time.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Where there is smoke there is fire often enough for me to think the cheating rumor could be true.  As to who spread it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kathryn, but it could one of the guys blurting it out accidentally.

I usually think that where there is smoke, there is fire... and almost always believe rumors.  This doesn't seem to be true, the woman is claiming to have never even met Jason.  It is very strange that they would just pick her out of thin air, though.  There must be a story there, of some sort.

• Love 4

In this case there didn’t seem to be smoke just an out of nowhere story from a site tied to Ravenel a day or two after his baby mama who he is back on good terms with caught a bunch of heat for being a racist.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2020 at 5:49 PM, biakbiak said:

In this case there didn’t seem to be smoke just an out of nowhere story from a site tied to Ravenel a day or two after his baby mama who he is back on good terms with caught a bunch of heat for being a racist.

The reason why people make up these type of rumors is because they know regardless of reality, there's always going to be the "where there's smoke, there's fire" folks. Damage is done no matter what, and you can't put the water back into the pitcher. If we'd been hearing tons of rumors about their horrible marriage or even that he had a wandering eye maybe I could consider it smoke, but it sounds like someone just being cruel. 

I won't be watching the show anymore. I think last season the only thing that interested me were Craig's shopping habits, his penchant for gossip, and how his pillow empire was going. Shep is gross, Austen is gross and boring, which is unforgivable, and the whole thing is just a big dumpster fire. 

I've even gotten bored with Pump Rules, and I haven't watched a Housewife show in years. Good lord...did I break up with Bravo?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Apparently you did and I broke up with all of the Bravo shows years ago. I do still check in here to read the snark but holy cow, how our society has broken down if we think this kind of crap is entertaining.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Apparently you did and I broke up with all of the Bravo shows years ago. I do still check in here to read the snark but holy cow, how our society has broken down if we think this kind of crap is entertaining.

Words that have echoed since the advent of reality TV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 6/5/2020 at 1:29 PM, Stiggs said:

I won't be watching the show anymore. I think last season the only thing that interested me were Craig's shopping habits, his penchant for gossip, and how his pillow empire was going. Shep is gross, Austen is gross and boring, which is unforgivable, and the whole thing is just a big dumpster fire. 

I've even gotten bored with Pump Rules, and I haven't watched a Housewife show in years. Good lord...did I break up with Bravo?

Bravo is over.  Come on over to TLC (90 day fiancé).  I’m not saying it’s good!  But it’s more entertaining than anything on Bravo.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Bravo is over.  Come on over to TLC (90 day fiancé).  I’m not saying it’s good!  But it’s more entertaining than anything on Bravo.

And if you fall down the 90 Day Fiance rabbit hole, you'll likely be introduced to Love After Lockup!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Cam lost me when she said she'd never shill on Instagram and now it's pretty much all she does.  I have no problem with capitalizing on opportunities that come your way, but she shouldn't have been so sanctimonious about it in the first place (not attributing TRav here).  That has always bothered me.  Her life seems pretty sweet no matter which way you slice it.  Waterfront home, doctor husband, healthy child, big diamonds, fancy cars, time/financial resources to work out at a gym with a trainer and she probably makes deep six figures if not seven from social media influencing.  She reps a lot of brands.  I don't really care to hear her perspective or how tough she had it after her baby was born.  I stopped following her after she made a joke about paying any amount of money for someone to come to her house and potty train 3-year old Palmer.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Cam lost me when she said she'd never shill on Instagram

I thought what she said is that she wouldn’t do things like tummy teas and things of that ilk not that she wouldn’t do any.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I thought what she said is that she wouldn’t do things like tummy teas and things of that ilk not that she wouldn’t do any.

I remember it being a generalization, granted this was four years ago before the deals started rolling in.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMZgv1dAl8X/?hl=en

To your point though @biakbiak, maybe she meant "I'll never take money to sell you crap(py stuff)." 

Just for fun, I just looked at her instagram and so far we've seen the electric toothbrush, the facial steamer, the facial cleansing brush, the weird metal face paddle, Fabletics, Daily Harvest, Home Chef, the air freshener thing, Farmer's Dog, Thrive Market, kids books, Diff eyeware, Keranique, Check Your Sweat, Rent the Runway.  Holy smokes.  I seem to recall some sort of special makeup mirror too.  She's definitely in a higher echelon than tummy tea and morning recovery.  Still its nothing I would ever buy, out of principle. 

On a completely different topic, I made her Best Damn Beans for dinner last night and they were good, but very salty and they didn't make me want to hurt anybody.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/11/2020 at 11:58 AM, RedDelicious said:

I remember it being a generalization, granted this was four years ago before the deals started rolling in.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMZgv1dAl8X/?hl=en

To your point though @biakbiak, maybe she meant "I'll never take money to sell you crap(py stuff)." 

Just for fun, I just looked at her instagram and so far we've seen the electric toothbrush, the facial steamer, the facial cleansing brush, the weird metal face paddle, Fabletics, Daily Harvest, Home Chef, the air freshener thing, Farmer's Dog, Thrive Market, kids books, Diff eyeware, Keranique, Check Your Sweat, Rent the Runway.  Holy smokes.  I seem to recall some sort of special makeup mirror too.  She's definitely in a higher echelon than tummy tea and morning recovery.  Still its nothing I would ever buy, out of principle. 

On a completely different topic, I made her Best Damn Beans for dinner last night and they were good, but very salty and they didn't make me want to hurt anybody.

ETA: add to the list Care Of Vitamins, last week’s new skincare, the Mirror by Lululemon and the Myx Fitness bike.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've stopped following the Bravolebrities on sm.  I became weary of being sold stuff.  When Cam was a castmember, her sm was more interesting to me.  I didn't see Lily Pulitzer on the ^ above list, has that slowed or stopped?

Yes - add Lilly to the list! I stopped following her too - she still shows up in my feed and then I get sucked into her stories. Defeats the purpose of unfollowing except that she has one less follower. Ugh @ myself. 

• Love 1

Cam gave an interview about her book (link in Media thread).  She said her days of reality shows are over, no longer wants to be there.

So she wouldn't do the Real Housewives of Charleston some day?

In her last season she talked about having an independent career.  She supposedly pushed back for years on having a baby.  She loves her daughter but in the last SC season, she claimed she was getting bored cooped up with an infant, wanted adult companionship.

Seems to also be against having another one.

Then she openly thirsted for Naomi's boyfriend.

So is she really into her husband, some viewers wondered?  Of course a lot of it could have been for show.

But does she have quite the same income opportunities without the SC paycheck and whatever other opportunities it may offer?

Maybe her reality show star memoirs will bring in the money.

Or maybe she's content to be just a housewife to a doctor at last.

Does she have her own bank account?

• Love 1

Anyone bothered to read her book? How is it? 

On 8/30/2021 at 7:06 PM, LakeGal said:

Cam is listed as one of the guest hosts for The View this season.  

I imagine she is aiming for some sort of "lifestyle" influencer career, similar to Gwyneth or Reese. I mean, she's already on the path but likely aspires to much higher visibility.

• Love 1
On 9/1/2021 at 9:48 AM, RedHawk said:

Anyone bothered to read her book? How is it? 

I imagine she is aiming for some sort of "lifestyle" influencer career, similar to Gwyneth or Reese. I mean, she's already on the path but likely aspires to much higher visibility.

I read most of it.  Zzzzzzzzz  It put me to sleep twice.  I skimmed a lot.  There is no THERE there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I read most of it.  Zzzzzzzzz  It put me to sleep twice.  I skimmed a lot.  There is no THERE there.

Thanks for taking one for the team! At least it was a useful sleep aid. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Cam just released an ad campaign for a capsule collection she partnered with Tuckernuck on.  The pictures are dreamy and supposedly reflect her daily activities.  You know, here's my special dress for dinner with my husband and another special dress for walking on the beach.  And here are some pants for bike riding....wheeee!  Did you know I like to crab too?  Meaning, it paints a pretty idealistic life.  The spread reflects what a lot of women wish their life would look like but realistically (and I include Cam in this) I doubt anyone's does.

I've liked Cam since her Real World Days and she's always appeared spunky and bucking the norm a bit.  I have to wonder what really goes on with her behind closed doors?  Is she content with a life of domestic bliss?  Are she and Jason really happy together?  I don't know why I don't completely buy it with her.  

• Love 7

She's trying to parlay reality TV into some kind of social media influencer or endorser I suppose.

But if she's no longer on reality TV, how many sponsors will pay for these campaigns?

Probably good to have her own money.  Wonder if she's put money aside from being a realtor.

Probably come back to reality TV eventually, if she's still photogenic and in a cast of women in their mid 30s and older, if these other ventures don't bring her enough income as she wants.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

I don't know why I don't completely buy it with her. 

I see her that way too. I don't doubt her love for her child and her husband but she did *not want to become a mother and it was a deal breaker for Jason. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing against Jason. I suppose that might be honorable, but I can relate because I don't want to be a mother either (and have no intentions of going down that path). I kinda think she's making the most of her lot in life, which is no small shakes, and I agree, I don't know how happy she actually is with that.

• Love 3

But was her reluctance to be a mother or fully in her marriage a real thing or a concocted narrative for the show?

Even if she really did have some doubt about her marriage and becoming a mother, would she air it out on the air?  Or did she tell her husband "don't worry, they wanted me to have a dramatic story line so I'm just playing along."

She did say on the show, can't recall whom she was talking to, that it was important for women to have their own money.  Is that just her general philosophy or because she wanted the ability to get out of the marriage without ending up in a financially precarious position, which is often what happens to some women?

I think she was playing that narrative for the show, because how would Jason feel if she had doubts about the marriage in general and in having children?  If she had doubts, she wouldn't let the show play that up.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, aghst said:

But was her reluctance to be a mother or fully in her marriage a real thing or a concocted narrative for the show?

Even if she really did have some doubt about her marriage and becoming a mother, would she air it out on the air?  Or did she tell her husband "don't worry, they wanted me to have a dramatic story line so I'm just playing along."

She did say on the show, can't recall whom she was talking to, that it was important for women to have their own money.  Is that just her general philosophy or because she wanted the ability to get out of the marriage without ending up in a financially precarious position, which is often what happens to some women?

I think she was playing that narrative for the show, because how would Jason feel if she had doubts about the marriage in general and in having children?  If she had doubts, she wouldn't let the show play that up.  

I don't think it was a concocted narrative, personally. But I don't see anything wrong with her feeling that way either. As a side note I think she said the bit about the importance of women having their own money when she got her real estate license and it had something to do with her parents divorce.

I'll be super transparent - I'm not really happy in my season of life either, and I really miss my going out days when all of us were free with no encumbrances. I'm the only one who isn't tied down with a marriage and kids, and I am happy with that part, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a little collective resentment towards all my friends who did settle down into marriage and child rearing, because I feel a little left behind. I fully admit that's probably selfish, but that's how I feel. There is no middle ground at this stage. No one I know can just pick up and do anything anymore, whether it's drinks after work or even just a walk, without checking with their s/o first, arranging childcare or dragging the child or their s/o along. And then all the conversation is about kids. I'm patiently waiting until our late 50s / early 60s when all the kids are presumably out of the house and we can go out and go on trips again, without judgement 😉

• Love 7

I liked that Cam voiced her concerns over having a child and it seemed real to me.  It was something that definitely resonated personally with me.  I'm sure it does with a lot of women, but society really frowns upon vocalizing it and certainly upon those who make the decision not to have children.  I stayed single for exactly the reason of avoiding the situation that Cam found herself in; with a husband you love who wants to have kids.  I got married after the option was pretty much biologically not on the table anymore!

20 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

No one I know can just pick up and do anything anymore, whether it's drinks after work or even just a walk, without checking with their s/o first, arranging childcare or dragging the child or their s/o along. And then all the conversation is about kids. I'm patiently waiting until our late 50s / early 60s when all the kids are presumably out of the house and we can go out and go on trips again, without judgement 😉

RedDelicious, I feel every bit of your post.  When I was 40 years old, still unmarried and childless, the women around me treated me like a freak from another planet.  I had moved from a major city and it was a big shock.  If you didn't have kids to talk about, there was no conversation to be had.  Doesn't anyone have hobbies, watch t.v., read books??  Lord!  I'm gauging I'm a little older than you and I promise, it DOES get better!!  Kids get older and parents find themselves in a much different state that you will benefit from.  Sorry to get off topic but this subject always pulls at my heartstrings.  

Snarts - Great post and yes, join the party!

Edited by Kiki620
Added comment
  • Love 7

Some of her reluctance to become a mother seemed to be about vanity.

She used to work out with Chelsea and was commenting on how good her ass or abs looked while she said her ass had gotten a bit flabby.

• Love 2

Kiki620 & RedDelicious, can I join your party? Not every woman wants to be a wife and/or mother. Thankfully, there are more of us everyday. I'm grateful to have a mix of friends on both sides, but definitely leaned in harder on my unencumbered friends throughout my 30/40s. I also met people like me through work that have become true friends over the years. 

I appreciated Cam's views on the subject, regardless of her rationale behind it. Like you've mentioned, it's not often talked about. And, while she might have been a reluctant mother, it's just as likely that she's very happy with where her life is now.  

The one thing I've always liked about Cam (from her days on the Real World even) is how blunt & outspoken she is, She shares what's on her mind, so if she isn't happy, she'd be saying something about it. 

Edited by snarts
  • Love 8

I realized a few years ago that I have many long-time female friends (we're all 48-60 now) who are childfree by choice. Most are married and they married when they were young enough to have children but their partners were fine with no kids. I have a few friends from my 20s and early 30s who do have children and most of those kids are now in their mid teens or early 20s so the parents (now in their early 50s) are more free to hang out again. 

I haven't checked these boards in a while. Not surprised that Cam is doing an ad campaign for Tuckernuck as the brand fits her "lifestyle" quite well. I doubt I'll watch the show if it ever comes on again. But who knows? I love Charleston, have friends there and visit often so enjoyed watching it just to get a glimpse of the locales. Cam added a touch of the upper-middle-class young women who live there and I wish they had gone more in that direction than the mostly frat-boy stupidity it's devolved to.

• Love 6
On 4/22/2022 at 10:09 AM, Kiki620 said:

I liked that Cam voiced her concerns over having a child and it seemed real to me.  It was something that definitely resonated personally with me.  I'm sure it does with a lot of women, but society really frowns upon vocalizing it and certainly upon those who make the decision not to have children.  I stayed single for exactly the reason of avoiding the situation that Cam found herself in; with a husband you love who wants to have kids.  I got married after the option was pretty much biologically not on the table anymore!

RedDelicious, I feel every bit of your post.  When I was 40 years old, still unmarried and childless, the women around me treated me like a freak from another planet.  I had moved from a major city and it was a big shock.  If you didn't have kids to talk about, there was no conversation to be had.  Doesn't anyone have hobbies, watch t.v., read books??  Lord!  I'm gauging I'm a little older than you and I promise, it DOES get better!!  Kids get older and parents find themselves in a much different state that you will benefit from.  Sorry to get off topic but this subject always pulls at my heartstrings.  

Snarts - Great post and yes, join the party!

I am a #1 childless/no mans freak from another planet. I got so sick of constantly being stuck at the ends of tables in restaurants with friends so everybody else could sit with their s/o. In my best Nancy from the cholera pit in Ghosts, "this is bullshit man!"

I also got really sick of people trying to set me up with their weird friends because they were single and I was single. "He's cute in a nerdy way" is never a good lead in for a guy who works in finance and totally has that finance bro asshole swagger but is also actually a huge nerd with an attitude. I've always had a policy of being willing to "date outside of the box" meaning, I wouldn't judge the proverbial book by it's cover and I'd give guys I normally wouldn't date a chance. Yeah that didn't work out for me. Not being picky enough is probably why I'm single. I stopped saying "still" single for my own preservation 😉

On 4/22/2022 at 10:13 AM, aghst said:

Some of her reluctance to become a mother seemed to be about vanity.

She used to work out with Chelsea and was commenting on how good her ass or abs looked while she said her ass had gotten a bit flabby.

I actually don't have a problem with that either. Its her body and if she didn't want to be torn limb from limb to birth a child, I feel like that's her right. I mean, look what happened to Lauren Scruggs. That poor girl, as if she hasn't been through enough already. Now when it gets into surrogacy because of vanity, then I cock some serious side eye. Not my business, but feel like if you actually do want to have a child, and you are able to bear a child, you shouldn't put the responsibility of carrying it on someone else so you don't mess up your own body. I don't know if that counts as a double standard, but that's how I feel. 

On 4/22/2022 at 12:18 PM, snarts said:

Kiki620 & RedDelicious, can I join your party? Not every woman wants to be a wife and/or mother. Thankfully, there are more of us everyday. I'm grateful to have a mix of friends on both sides, but definitely leaned in harder on my unencumbered friends throughout my 30/40s. I also met people like me through work that have become true friends over the years. 

I appreciated Cam's views on the subject, regardless of her rationale behind it. Like you've mentioned, it's not often talked about. And, while she might have been a reluctant mother, it's just as likely that she's very happy with where her life is now.  

The one thing I've always liked about Cam (from her days on the Real World even) is how blunt & outspoken she is, She shares what's on her mind, so if she isn't happy, she'd be saying something about it. 

Yes please join the party!! 🥂 

On 4/22/2022 at 12:41 PM, RedHawk said:

I realized a few years ago that I have many long-time female friends (we're all 48-60 now) who are childfree by choice. Most are married and they married when they were young enough to have children but their partners were fine with no kids. I have a few friends from my 20s and early 30s who do have children and most of those kids are now in their mid teens or early 20s so the parents (now in their early 50s) are more free to hang out again. 

I haven't checked these boards in a while. Not surprised that Cam is doing an ad campaign for Tuckernuck as the brand fits her "lifestyle" quite well. I doubt I'll watch the show if it ever comes on again. But who knows? I love Charleston, have friends there and visit often so enjoyed watching it just to get a glimpse of the locales. Cam added a touch of the upper-middle-class young women who live there and I wish they had gone more in that direction than the mostly frat-boy stupidity it's devolved to.

You are so, so lucky. I really envy that. Le sigh.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 4/21/2022 at 12:50 PM, RedDelicious said:

I'll be super transparent - I'm not really happy in my season of life either, and I really miss my going out days when all of us were free with no encumbrances. I'm the only one who isn't tied down with a marriage and kids, and I am happy with that part, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a little collective resentment towards all my friends who did settle down into marriage and child rearing, because I feel a little left behind. I fully admit that's probably selfish, but that's how I feel. There is no middle ground at this stage. No one I know can just pick up and do anything anymore, whether it's drinks after work or even just a walk, without checking with their s/o first, arranging childcare or dragging the child or their s/o along. And then all the conversation is about kids. I'm patiently waiting until our late 50s / early 60s when all the kids are presumably out of the house and we can go out and go on trips again, without judgement 

This has been my experience too. I have several good friends who are childless by choice. I lost my best friends for decades while she was raising her kids. She would tell me about all the trips she took with other friends who had kids, but never planned anything with me. It was like she only socialized with people who had kids too. So weird. Thankfully she is back in my life now that her kids are grown, but you feel a sense of loss and anger at all those lost years.

• Love 9
On 4/29/2022 at 9:22 AM, RedDelicious said:

I am a #1 childless/no mans freak from another planet. I got so sick of constantly being stuck at the ends of tables in restaurants with friends so everybody else could sit with their s/o. In my best Nancy from the cholera pit in Ghosts, "this is bullshit man!"

I also got really sick of people trying to set me up with their weird friends because they were single and I was single. "He's cute in a nerdy way" is never a good lead in for a guy who works in finance and totally has that finance bro asshole swagger but is also actually a huge nerd with an attitude. I've always had a policy of being willing to "date outside of the box" meaning, I wouldn't judge the proverbial book by it's cover and I'd give guys I normally wouldn't date a chance. Yeah that didn't work out for me. Not being picky enough is probably why I'm single. I stopped saying "still" single for my own preservation 😉

I actually don't have a problem with that either. Its her body and if she didn't want to be torn limb from limb to birth a child, I feel like that's her right. I mean, look what happened to Lauren Scruggs. That poor girl, as if she hasn't been through enough already. Now when it gets into surrogacy because of vanity, then I cock some serious side eye. Not my business, but feel like if you actually do want to have a child, and you are able to bear a child, you shouldn't put the responsibility of carrying it on someone else so you don't mess up your own body. I don't know if that counts as a double standard, but that's how I feel. 

Yes please join the party!! 🥂 

You are so, so lucky. I really envy that. Le sigh.

Your Nancy quote got me.  HA!  I am another childfree woman who never regretted it.  Married for almost 31 years.  

• Love 5