Type keyword(s) to search

Cameran Eubanks: The Greek Chorus for Y'All

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Is it news that Cameran isn’t coming back or did I miss it until now?

1BC7466C-72AF-4338-87C9-25D7F76C0600.jpeg

It’s been a known secret among a few of us viewers; she hadn't officially stated anything yet, but she wasn’t filming, hadn’t signed back on yet and she removed all SC references from her Instagram. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

It’s been a known secret among a few of us viewers; she hadn't officially stated anything yet, but she wasn’t filming, hadn’t signed back on yet and she removed all SC references from her Instagram. 

Thank you Sun! I mean, it was time. No ill will or anything like that but she pretty much transcended the shenanigans and I agree with what you said in another thread. Staying on the show wasn’t going to be good for her “brand” in the long run. 

I kind of turned a corner with her after she started schilling products on her IG when she initially said she’d never do that. I miss the old Cam that would do funny voiceovers and didn’t use filters.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Thank you Sun! I mean, it was time. No ill will or anything like that but she pretty much transcended the shenanigans and I agree with what you said in another thread. Staying on the show wasn’t going to be good for her “brand” in the long run. 

I kind of turned a corner with her after she started schilling products on her IG when she initially said she’d never do that. I miss the old Cam that would do funny voiceovers and didn’t use filters.

Between Cameron(the show’s Greek chorus/narrator!) leaving and Kathryn’s racially insensitive tirade on SM yesterday, I think this show has run its course, quite frankly. Shep, Craig and Austen can’t carry the show on their own. Just give us the Patricia spinoff show of our dreams, Whitney! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

I like Cam but reality tv does no favors to the marriages, families, and relationships of its cast members. Reality TV fame has a very short shelf life. I say it’s good to get out while your dignity and family are still in tact.  If Bravo wants to continue to tout the racist Kathryn as their heroine, without the relative normalcy of Cam, Chelsea, and Naomie, as well as dote on the drunken, aimless antics of the male cast members, then I think I am truly out. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This article references Cam making several mentions of season 7 as if she was to be a part of it, as well as perhaps seeing more of her husband.  Be interesting to know what changed.  I mean, we can speculate to the end of time, but to really know what happened would be interesting.

cameran-eubanks-i-wont-be-back-for-southern-charm-season-7

I'm curious, too.  She was making a lot of money from the show for the past couple seasons.  She could have milked this gig a little while longer while still maintaining her grounded persona.  Perhaps during negotiations, the producers tried to rewrite her 'character' in a negative light?  

• Love 2

I tend to think it had a lot to do with the growing socioeconomic divide between her and the other cast members, and the social impact of it all. Back when the show started they were on a much more even playing field. Cam had been working in department store cosmetics and moved on to some quasi real estate gig. Then she and Jason had moved out to the river house (the outside of the house they show as "Cameran's house" is not actually her house). Then later she began hobnobbing with Patricia Altschul and that relationship blossomed. Then she got all of those social media influencer gigs. She is/was easily bringing in deep six figures if not more, on her own. The rest of them just kind of stayed in place, and in some cases went down, comparatively speaking. She's more of a socialite influencer now than just a regular girl who married well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, druzy said:

So now that Cameran, Naomi and Chelsea are gone, that leaves Madison, Danni, Kathryn, Shep, Craig, and Josh. It doesn't look promising. 

Poor Austen he is so unmemorable people don’t remember his name.

They hadn’t been filming for very long before they took a hiatus for the pandemic, I wonder when the show will be ready because Bravo shows with long hiatuses don’t have a good track record. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Poor Austen he is so unmemorable people don’t remember his name.

They hadn’t been filming for very long before they took a hiatus for the pandemic, I wonder when the show will be ready because Bravo shows with long hiatuses don’t have a good track record. 

I think Cam was on the fence and the pandemic+hiatus pushed her to the "I'm done with this" side. Maybe she wants to be free while her rep is still ok and she can move into actual social circles in Charleston, not reality TV society. 

I don't follow her anywhere else so have no idea how she operates as an influencer. She's beautiful and fun so likely she'll continue to do well now that she has her base. I wonder if this means she's out of TV forever or if she might try a Charleston-based show featuring houses and decor or something like that. I'll miss her on the show. It's not going to be very interesting for me with most of the "good" gals leaving.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I don't follow her anywhere else so have no idea how she operates as an influencer. 

Her product promotions on Instagram left a lot to be desired.  She relied mostly on her beauty and celebrity to 'sell.'  If being an "influencer" is truly her goal, she needs to stay on TV to maintain her fan base; otherwise, she will just get replaced by the next flavor of the month.

I'm going to miss her on Southern Charm.  She and Chelsea were the only even tempered cast members on the show.  Some might think that's boring, but I think her presence/sanity is needed if only to underscore everyone else's insanity.

• Love 10
On 5/12/2020 at 1:03 PM, OnceSane said:

Bye, Cam!  Won't miss you!

👆🏾This right here! 👆🏾

Bye, Cameran, stay your boring ass off my TV forever, thanks 👋🏾

• LOL 1

All about the Tea is a real garbage heap - they were solidly pro-Thomas from the onset. That kind of horse shit is exactly the kind of crap that Kathryn would use to propel her crapfest. 

Good for Cam for getting out.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

All about the Tea is a real garbage heap - they were solidly pro-Thomas from the onset. That kind of horse shit is exactly the kind of crap that Kathryn would use to propel her crapfest. 

Good for Cam for getting out.

Oh I'd doubt any of this is true...including the Kathryn part.  All about the tea hates Kathryn and loves to tear her down with BS.  I'd guess Cam unfollowed Kathryn for her racist emoji, not some trumped-up cheating storyline for SC.

• Love 2
(edited)

The funniest part of Cam’s departure message up there is that former RHoOC’s Gretchen Rossi actually came into the comments being all, ‘Yeah, way to go, that’s why I left my show too!’ And half the commenters are responding to Gretchen like, “Girl stop, we all know you were fired.” 🤣

As for the cheating rumors, I sincerely hope they aren’t true, because that’s disgusting; and that gossip website even had the name and pictures included of the accused other woman who “looks just like Cameron”(a very homely Dollar Tree-version Cameron, if that) on that site, so where’d they dig that slander up?! And she’s a makeup artist, not even a nurse?? When would Jason even have the time to go start a romance with some random local makeup artist?!

I’d be livid and storm out of a job too if it meant false rumors would be spread about my marriage; good for Cameron for having the integrity and strength to leave at just the right time. Naomi commented and included Chelsea as well, so maybe they knew the show was going to eventually turn on them also. Storylines must’ve been slow to be desperate enough to dumpster dive into Cameron’s business like that. Good luck now, show!

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 7

I think the producers proverbially shot themselves in the foot. They tell the cast that they better bring the drama or else, and then Cam quits. Personally I hate all the manufactured drama and wish more reality type shows would go back to their roots of showing Reality- not scripted drama. Good for Cameron for standing her ground! 

• Love 9

I definitely don't believe the cheating rumors but I do believe Kathryn would leak a false narrative to secure her position on the show and throw flaming hot barbs at Cameran. Cameran has the life Kathryn could only ever dream of.

• Love 8

I was surprised to read that Cameran is off the show.  Her husband looks like such a wholesome guy, it’s hard to imagine him cheating.  Maybe he wants more kids.  Only time will tell if there was any truth in the rumor.  

I loved this show in the early years but last season was terrible.  

• Love 10

Flaming hot tea courtesy of reality show blogger Amy Feinstein...she’s usually right on the money about everything she spills...I sincerely hope she’s wrong about this latest leak. It IS interesting that Cameron suddenly posted a cute video of Jason and his dad walking Palmer on her stories today; I expect to see more of these “happy family” updates from her now.

903CC2C1-419C-45C4-AF21-D01EE5E587FA.jpeg

2976F7F0-DD43-4F63-BE4A-DE686AAADDF6.jpeg

Just now, biakbiak said:

She frequently posts things with Jason in her IG story. 

Sure she does, but she’ll likely be making a point to post those type things even *more* frequently now.

4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think the producers proverbially shot themselves in the foot. They tell the cast that they better bring the drama or else, and then Cam quits. Personally I hate all the manufactured drama and wish more reality type shows would go back to their roots of showing Reality- not scripted drama. Good for Cameron for standing her ground! 

Yeah they probably don't care if the rumors are true or not.

They wanted the cast, including Cameran, to play along with it and make it a big story for the season.

The producers are probably under pressure to produce drama for ratings so they don't care if the cause of drama is false.

• Love 1
On 5/12/2020 at 12:01 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Between Cameron(the show’s Greek chorus/narrator!) leaving and Kathryn’s racially insensitive tirade on SM yesterday, I think this show has run its course, quite frankly. Shep, Craig and Austen can’t carry the show on their own. Just give us the Patricia spinoff show of our dreams, Whitney! 

is whitney still listed as a producer?  I don't believe he would allow something like this to air.  Look at all the things hwnj didn't air re teresa.  

also, is it for sure that the other two won't be back?

• Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

also, is it for sure that the other two won't be back?

If you mean Chelsea and Naomie, I don’t think that they have made any definitive statement. Naomie did make a joke about being tough out there for an ex-reality tv person because there was a story about her having to take a job at Costco, she was handing out samples with her friends who were launching their product there, but it didn’t appear either were filming before it shut down.

Whitney gets an exec producer credit because he helped create the show. Doesn’t mean he has any power over it. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

If you mean Chelsea and Naomie, I don’t think that they have made any definitive statement. Naomie did make a joke about being tough out there for an ex-reality tv person because there was a story about her having to take a job at Costco, she was handing out samples with her friends who was launching their product there, but it didn’t appear either were filming before it shut down.

Whitney gets an exec producer credit because he helped create the show. Doesn’t mean he has any power over it. 

thanks

(edited)
8 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

thanks

11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

If you mean Chelsea and Naomie, I don’t think that they have made any definitive statement.

Although they haven’t officially confirmed things on their own pages, Naomi pretty much confirmed they weren’t returning in Cameron’s IG comments:

F6DD9D38-7685-4B6E-A016-97645FFB9F93.jpeg

Kadooze to the makeup artist for standing up for herself and finally clearing the air(I believe her statement because Cam even liked it on IG too). How awful for everyone involved and shame on certain cast members for trying to force some drama out of nasty, unfounded rumors.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4

Oh cool. I had only seen Naomie’s “perfectly said” not the other comment. I think it’s a good decision for all, particularly Naomie giving that filming started so soon after her dad’s death. 

• Love 1

Didn't realize her father had died.

They're a wealthy family but if they depended on restaurants and real estate, particularly people paying rent, they might be hurting for cash flow too.

Still, doesn't seem like she'd have to get a job at Costco.

If she's still with Metul, I wonder if he was recruited to work the frontline.

But South Carolina hasn't had a big outbreak I don't think.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, scrb said:

Still, doesn't seem like she'd have to get a job at Costco.

That’s because she didn’t she was handing out samples to help her friend.

Her dad died right before Christmas and she is still with Metul. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Naomie just blamed Kathryn for the fake gossip story in her Instagram stories. I took a screenshot but I’m not sure if I can attach it. She did that she, Chelsea and Cameran quit months ago.m14C9A29B-E868-4C74-AB0F-544EB4E7BC2A.thumb.jpeg.5ff16f3b7e8103ed825d0e2ec39eebe0.jpeg

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

Naomie just blamed Kathryn for the fake gossip story in her Instagram stories. I took a screenshot but I’m not sure if I can attach it. She did that she, Chelsea and Cameran quit months ago.m14C9A29B-E868-4C74-AB0F-544EB4E7BC2A.thumb.jpeg.5ff16f3b7e8103ed825d0e2ec39eebe0.jpeg

Damn, now THAT is a shot fired! One thing I’ve always appreciated about Naomie: she doesn’t mince words and isn’t afraid to call people out for shit behavior. Total straight-shooter right there; and just as I’ve always suspected, Kathryn is a friend to no one. 
Team Cam/Naomie/Chelsea: a hefty reality show paycheck/fame certainly isn’t worth the gross rumors and nastiness that often come with it. Proud to see them so openly and maturely addressing this mess. 

• Love 11

Haha- she sure is giving a stink eye. 

So we are to believe Kathryn spread this rumor about this girl who has vehemently denied and Cam endorses the denial. 

I can understand the above- but where and how did K come up with her being the mistress?  It’s awfully specific. If I were Cameran I’d be hesitant to comment in any capacity bc often things come out when it gets dirty. 

We live in a world where we think no one could cheat on Cameran but I’m surprised all the time at things I’d never believe. 

I hope it’s all bullshit but I don’t know- so many high reactions from so many people. I wish Jason had posted it instead of Cam. (To be fair I’m not on IG so maybe he did?   Though I feel I would have seen that in the press). 

• Love 1
On 5/14/2020 at 4:42 PM, Babyfoot said:

Not much of a show without Cam, Chelsea or Naomie.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Not much of a show without Cam, Chelsea or Naomie.

Austen just commented on SM that he was hoping he and Shep and Craig could just get their own show. Yeahhhh, I don’t remotely see that happening, so keep dreaming, fella.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Austen just commented on SM that he was hoping he and Shep and Craig could just get their own show. Yeahhhh, I don’t remotely see that happening, so keep dreaming, fella.

Well, if Bravo does what they should and fires Kathryn, leaving Madison, Danni (as friend of) and maybe, Eliza as the only female cast members, Austen, Shep and Craig would pretty much have their own show anyway! 😅 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2