Type keyword(s) to search

Cameran Eubanks: The Greek Chorus for Y'All

• Start Topic

She really does a great job in grounding the show with her insider/outsider perspective. Cameran's not really one of them, but she understands them.

I don't blame Cameran's husband for not wanting to appear on the show, but having his disembodied voice talk to her on the phone is just strange. She should just say that she has a husband who does not want any part of the show, and that's that. Her playing the Greek chorus and her attempts to have a real estate career in what looks like a VERY competitive market should be enough. The marital conflict stuff just feels silly since we're never going to see her husband.

I'm kinda disapointed that Cameran got facial fillers. I liked that she was letting herself age totally naturally and you could see her crow's feet. She can still move her face, though. Thank god.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Cameran has said in interviews that her "Real World" experience, with 24/7 filming, really taught her the importance of keeping some aspects of your life absolutely private. I actually liked just hearing her husband's voice on the phone. It seemed like a real conversation that spouses have - watcha doin' what's for dinner I love you.

• Love 3

Some members of this reality cast may end up being rarer than the dodo bird - reality "stars" who remain themselves despite the questionable notoriety of being on television. I see Shep, Cameran and Thomas falling into this camp.

I did not really watch OG Real World San Diego, except maybe the pilot and a handful of episodes so I don't really remember Cameran from that. It's impressive she managed to retain her sanity, because there are A LOT of Real World/Road Rules stars who went over the edge or they refuse to leave MTV even though they're WELL into their 30's.

She's clearly got a good head on her shoulders.

I did read on the Wikipedia episode list that Cameran was listed as a busybody, which has stayed very, very true.

Honestly, it's kind of a shame that Ricki Lake-style talk shows aren't popular anymore because she would have been a great talk show host, I think.

• Love 1

I'm an OG Real World watcher back from the original season and I was still watching when the OG San Diego season aired with Cameran (I stopped watching probably right around Australia when it turned into a complete shitshow).  She amused me then and she's flat out cracking me up now.  I pretty much love her and this show, which seemed to quickly grow on me out of nowhere, and my inner teenage girl is excited that she retweeted me today about that!

• Love 4

I'm an OG Real World watcher back from the original season and I was still watching when the OG San Diego season aired with Cameran

I've seen this a lot lately and feel so out of the loop for not knowing what OG means, like I'm on double secret probation or something.  Help?

It technically means original gangster, it's a rap/hip hop term but it's evolved to also just mean original or first. There were two seasons of the Real World set in San Diego and Cameron was on the first.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

So why does Shep represent the exact opposite of the kind of man she wants?

Because he's not a go-getter?  Because he's a player?

Yes. Let's be honest, Shep is a doll but he would not make a great husband unless he did a 180 on his partying and man-whoring ways.

• Love 2

I caught up on season one and from reading the threads I realize that Jenna created a persona and lifestyle to be on the show but I kind of miss her and Cameran's easy friendship. I mean I like her relationships with Shep and Craig but that easy female friendship was nice and missing from this season.

• Love 2

I love me some Cameron---she's just so feisty, quick-witted and fun. She seems like a blast and is the sort of gal who livens up any event, obviously---plus, she's intelligent enough to know how to play the reality show game winningly without making an ass of herself, which is indeed a rare feat.

It's nice to see a gal on this show so liked/respected by the rest of the cast, but it makes me sad that T-Rav is taking cheap potshots at her lately; she's always been very supportive of him despite her usual snarking. Maybe it just upsets him to see someone like her coming out of this fame train smelling like roses while he continues to wallow in the mud? That said, I don't see him continuing on this show if it gets a third season, unless he's enjoying the rare perks of Bravolebrity fame.

But if Cameron bowed out? I don't see this show remotely lasting without her level of charming snark.

• Love 4

I love her!  The show would be so boring without her.  I also like that we at least get to hear her husband's voice even if he doesn't want to be shown on the tv.  It makes him real. I think it would be weird if he was never mentioned.

I'm sure I watched her on the Real World but I can't remember her from there at all. 

• Love 1

Someone mentioned in the show thread that Cameran has a nice house, nice car, and there was a Jaguar in the drive way too.

Hubby must be raking it in or has had the practice longer than you would think, unless he's a lot older than Cameran.  Unless he didn't have school loans or something, you wouldn't expect that level of affluence early in a doctor's career.

So while she should have a back up plan, if he's making several hundred thousand a year, she shouldn't have any money worries, unless they split up after only a couple of years.

I remember Cameran from San Digeo.  Having lived in SD for three years in the 90's, of course I watched it.  I in no way liked her as much on RWSD as Southern Charm.  I remember her dalliance with Brad (?) and she was very immature - constantly popping him in the nads and running off.  Having two older brothers, that made me cringe.  I would have had the crap beat out of me for doing that intentionally.  But I think she has matured gracefully if Southern Charm is any indication.  I really like her now.  She reminds me of the southern women I know.  Before? Not so much.

• Love 1

scrb - That was precisely the point I tried to make in the ep thread.  He must be from money.  There is always the chance he is hocked beyond his gills, but I doubt it.  She has every right to demand a massive life insurance policy and he has a duty to provide one.  But, her protestations as to the need for carving out a living ring quite hollow to me. 

What is entirely consistent is her laser-focus on getting ahead by her own wits.  That is certainly a fine attribute when one is on her own.  However, in a marriage grounded by a commitment to the other, it can be fatal.  How would her husband not have some resentment of such if he is providing her with a very high-end existence?  Girl best be careful.  

The coming arc around her willingness to, or even considering, having a baby is a very real problem.  He was a fool to not have this understanding prior to the marriage, though.  It would be no surprise if she made sure to not bring the subject up.  It could also be the case that he thought he was OK putting off having children and has changed his mind.  Not fair, if true.  

Yet and still...especially in the monied South, it's the Golden Rule.  Who has the gold, rules.  Cameran is no fool and she knows what she is risking IF she refuses him.

(edited)

I don't take for gospel anything Cameran says about her marriage, cooking skills, or desire to have children now or in the future. She's a reality show veteran and is managing her "character", doing a fine job of it, too. I can't "judge" her behavior the way I do Thomas', Kathryn's, or Whitney's because I think she's revealing a lot less, intentionally, than they are. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

Cameran's smarter than all of them put together. She is putting forth the character she wants to portray on this show, without compromising her family life or her integrity. She's the only one....except for Shep.....who gets it.

• Love 4

I don't take for gospel anything Cameran says about her marriage, cooking skills, or desire to have children now or in the future. She's a reality show veteran and is managing her "character", doing a fine job of it, too. I can't "judge" her behavior the way I do Thomas', Kathryn's, or Whitney's because I think she's revealing a lot less, intentionally, than they are. 

I thought the same thing! The cooking scene was so deliberate--a Stouffer's lasagna, packaged mashed potatoes, AND a bagged salad?! It was just so over-the-top to prove how non-domestic she is. Surely the woman can cook some vegetables and a chicken breast. I think it was purposefully crafted as a book-end to Kathryn trying so hard with the mayo salmon and asparagus. Neither young woman went into the marriage knowing how to cook, but Kathryn is trying so hard to please her man and be Suzy Homemaker. Meanwhile, oh, our precious little Cameran--"bless her heart"--she pretends to cook to please her husband, and he just loves it because he loves her!

• Love 2

Yeah, it was a cute thing on Cameran's part. I don't believe she doesn't know how to cook anything that would serve for a meal. More like she's too busy or doesn't enjoy cooking and her husband doesn't mind frozen entrees and bagged salad sometimes. (Mine doesn't.) Her husband may be a gourmet cook for all we know and does most of the household cooking. One couple I know either dines out, goes to friends' homes for dinner parties, or eats frozen dinners at home. They truly do not cook.

Someone mentioned in the show thread that Cameran has a nice house, nice car, and there was a Jaguar in the drive way too.

Hubby must be raking it in or has had the practice longer than you would think, unless he's a lot older than Cameran.  Unless he didn't have school loans or something, you wouldn't expect that level of affluence early in a doctor's career.

So while she should have a back up plan, if he's making several hundred thousand a year, she shouldn't have any money worries, unless they split up after only a couple of years.

Cameran's husband graduated medical school in 2002. So he's probably in his mid- to late-30s. Don't know how he financed his education, but I'm sure he's making a very nice salary at this point.

What I recall is that she said last season it was a lease and she got it "Thanks to a friend."  The romance, according to Cameran, started after last season's taping.  She ended up marrying a "friend."  Y'all can do the math.

If my timeline is off, I'd be pleased to be made right.

If my timeline is off, I'd be pleased to be made right.

See, I think that's part of her "character" story. Elsewhere on these boards -- or is it earlier in this thread? -- I believe I read that in real life (as opposed to reality life) she and her now husband have known each other for a few years.

Maybe I'm the one who's wrong, however, and totally imagining things.

Here is an interview she did with Glamour that should put the issue to rest: she was in a serious relationship when the show started, and got married as soon as filming ended:

http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2015/03/cameran-southern-charm

I love that her favorite reality show "star" that she'd love to meet is Todd Chrisley.

And I find it interesting that she didn't know Craig before the show. They act like old friends.

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks for the link, cooksdelight.

Being a savvy "reality" character, Cameran has learned the value of obfuscation and half-truths.  I just found a couple of articles about her.  One said she got engaged to her "best friend" right after the season finished taping last April.  The other talked about a long engagement and a marriage right after the taping.  The marriage definitely occurred last April, on a plantation an hour out of Charleston.   

In one of the articles, she absolutely insists that she told Jason that she did not want a baby anytime soon and planned to stick to her guns.  She expressed concern that he may have a (had) a change of heart and that she hopes it won't be a problem.  I actually believe this 100%.

One piece of speculation was that the wedding was taped.   We may yet see some of it.  Shep was said to have attended, thereby missing out on a Masters party, at which he was expected, but never sighted.

Thanks, again. 

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1

Season one finished taping in July/August of 2013. Cameran got engaged after fiming ended but I have no idea exactly when. Whitney, Shep, Danni, Craig, and JD's wife, Liz, all attended Cameran's wedding last April. I know Shep, Craig, and Danni all posted pictures/info on social media. Since they didn't get the go ahead for season 2 until mid-July, I doubt that there was any official Bravo filming done. I'm sure there is video from whatever wedding photographer/videographer they hired but I get the feeling that as an audience we'll see just a few still photo snippets.

In most of the articles I've read, including the Glamour article, Cameran has indicated that she's been with her husband a long time. I didn't and don't get the sense that having children is really that big a deal for either of them. It's certainly a non issue for me..

I agree that Cameran is a savvy reality show participant. In my opinion, that just makes her more enjoyable. I love her talking heads. She's snarky, but not cruel, and seems genuinely happy, which makes her fun to watch. I feel the same way about Shep. As with all reality shows, the truth can be manipulated and edited to support a story arc. I personally don't feel that Cameran has been dishonest about her relationship with her husband.

• Love 4

She's snarky, but not cruel, and seems genuinely happy, which makes her fun to watch. I feel the same way about Shep

That's it, exactly! That's why I love this lady. And Shep. And why Thomas and Whitney come across as so snotty and mean. They are miserable in real life and it shows.

• Love 7

Cameran must be thrilled now that Target will carry Lilly Pulitzer. She can bargain shop and still look beautiful! :)

Cameran, please take Kathryn shopping and get her out of those hideous outfits, K?

I thought of Southern Charm as soon as I saw the commercial about Lilly Pulitzer now being carried by Target.

• Love 1

The Lilly Pulitzer at Target thing will taint the entire brand for these proper Southern ladies though, y'all.

Who would dare be seen in the same exact garment that some hillbilly chick in the sticks could easily pick up at her nearest Target for at least half the price that a proper Southern miss would gladly pay for the same garment at her finest local boutique?

As Patricia would say, martini in hand and dressed in her finest designer caftan with diamonds, "That's quite pedestrian and banal." Plus, I think her head would explode seeing someone in her home dressed in Target fashions---look how she screeched over "Annnnnn Tayyyylor?!!!"

Oh no, I think Cameran has risen high up enough the social/marital food chain in Charleston to no longer be forced to dress in secondhand or Target clothing.

• Love 2

I like Cameran, but I also kind of agree that she's playing a role.  Reading some of the comments in this thread remind me of the "Cool Girl" passage from "Gone Girl."

“Men always say that as the defining compliment, don’t they? She’s a cool girl. Being the Cool Girl means I am a hot, brilliant, funny woman who adores football, poker, dirty jokes, and burping, who plays video games, drinks cheap beer, loves threesomes and anal sex, and jams hot dogs and hamburgers into her mouth like she’s hosting the world’s biggest culinary gang bang while somehow maintaining a size 2, because Cool Girls are above all hot. Hot and understanding. Cool Girls never get angry; they only smile in a chagrined, loving manner and let their men do whatever they want. Go ahead, shit on me, I don’t mind, I’m the Cool Girl.

• Love 8

I think that's indicative of many, if not all, reality shows. People are either given or edited as certain characters to keep the storyline going.

Edited by Alison
  • Love 2
(edited)

“Men always say that as the defining compliment, don’t they? She’s a cool girl. Being the Cool Girl means I am a hot, brilliant, funny woman who adores football, poker, dirty jokes, and burping, who plays video games, drinks cheap beer, loves threesomes and anal sex, and jams hot dogs and hamburgers into her mouth like she’s hosting the world’s biggest culinary gang bang while somehow maintaining a size 2, because Cool Girls are above all hot. Hot and understanding. Cool Girls never get angry; they only smile in a chagrined, loving manner and let their men do whatever they want. Go ahead, shit on me, I don’t mind, I’m the Cool Girl.

Cameran is pretty much the Cool Girl, but her role in season 1 was as the best gal pal giving out advice to her horny bachelor friends in hopes of helping them make good matches, like a Southern Cher Horowitz. She was never seen as an object of desire...of course because she was in a serious relationship off-screen.

It is really funny just how badly Cameran eats (and has been seen eating) yet she never gains a pound. LOL. Her mother is pretty slender as well and it just seems genetic.

I can't see Cameran sticking her nose up as Target Lily Pulitzer. The girl likes to eat lunch at Wendy's.

I really don't get what the point was of having the limited edition collection and then not replenishing it. Is that to justify having much higher prices when they do come back?

Edited by methodwriter85

I feel very much the same way as Cameran when it comes to kids. When I was in school and going through the pregnancy/maternity unit in my medical assistant curriculum I spent the majority of those courses trying not to vomit and keep the look of revulsion off my face. Some people just don't care for kids, and I think Cameran might be one of those women. Welcome to the club!!! Unfortunately for her, and the social circle she most likely runs with (through her husband) she may not get off so easy..

Not that there's anything with not wanting children (I know I don't) but I am sure in the south where pretty much everything is dictated by tradition there's much more pressure from Cameran to go get pregnant, considering she already married the hot, successful doctor. It's just how things are expected to go....and if you express no interest in having a baby they act like that's worse than admitting to commiting a felony.

• Love 5

My sister and brother both had kids and now grandkids. I have none but I'm the fun aunt that gets to spoil everyone then send them home. :)

Cameran probably doesn't want to air her private life on TV anymore than her husband does. They may already have a plan that we're not privy to. And I'm OK with that.

• Love 5