Type keyword(s) to search

iRatings and Scheduling

seamusk

Early ratings 0.7, without the Chicago Market. For me it looks like the only way it won't be renewed is if there is no room on the schedule. But I think they could do another 13 episode Spring season again. 

Edited by Sakura12

This show kinda looks like it could work OK with 22 episodes, considering the structure. But I would be OK with 13 as well.

They may be waiting until May upfronts to announce the renewal.

This week may adjust down yet, it seems like this share is with Chicago market and the baseball shown there.

Edited by FurryFury

They do take into account that they are missing one of the larger markets. So it's not a bad thing, yet. 

Next week will be a bigger factor, when hopefully we can watch it with everyone else.

Edited by Sakura12

Let's hope we'll get 0.7 again. I'll post the detailed ratings when they are out.

It's kinda fun, I guess - it's been a while since I've religiously followed all the ratings stuff, Fringe s3, I think. Most of the shows I've been invested in for the last few years got easier renewals.

UPD: The unrounded number is 0.616, in case anyone cares.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

Early ratings 0.7. Hopefully it stays at that. 

It's also interesting to note that more viewers turned in during that second half of the episode.

9pm
CW – iZombie
Viewers: 1.74 million (#5), A18-49: 0.7/ 2 (#5)

9:30pm
CW – iZombie
Viewers: 1.80 million (#4), A18-49: 0.7/ 2 (#4)

Chicago is missing it again next week, although this time they said it's airing on Sunday. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Ratings so far this season

0.8, 0.7, 0.7, 0.7, 0.8, 0.6, 0.7

I think that's pretty impressive for a new show. There's not really a huge gain or dip in ratings (besides preemptions in my city :( ) 

Compare that too the first few episodes of The Flash (which yes, it does have better ratings, but it also took a huge dive from the premiere before it settled)

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4

iZombie has pretty much retained it's audience for 7 episodes. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

According to Wiki, Baseball started in 1870. The Chicago Cubs are the oldest active team. But they have sucked for so long, that I hate when my shows get interrupted for their games. Plus I hate Baseball in general, if it was Basketball or Hockey, I'd be a little bit more okay with it.  But those teams get to be shown on ESPN. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Well I don't even know the rules for baseball, it's not popular here at all (never saw a game in my life), so I didn't expect it to be so old. But I can sympathize when it comes to interruptions... I remember back when I was a teenager and watched Farscape, stupid local station decided to show their news in that timeslot after season 2. That sucked so much.

I like sports with a set time limit. Baseball doesn't have a time limit, that's why they can't show the tv shows afterwards, they don't when the game will end. 

The good news is next week's ep look like the last interruption for iZombie, I checked the Cubs schedule. :D 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Baseball doesn't have a time limit, that's why they can't show the tv shows afterwards, they don't when the game will end.

The time limits in football have never stopped those games from interfering with other shows. I've seen the commentators yammer for a half hour after the game itself has ended, with the clear intent of stretching out the show, or cut things abruptly short. I think its all a matter of how many hours of game time they managed to get sponsorship for.

• Love 2
I think its all a matter of how many hours of game time they managed to get sponsorship for.

There are three hours blocked off for a regular season football or baseball game. Certain games (playoffs, etc.) will get more.

Live sports generally draws higher ratings and better demos than scripted programming (and the Cubs are very popular in Chicago), so it's not going away any time soon.

(edited)

When do they reschedule for you when it gets bumped for a game? Hopefully soon, as the rest of us are enjoying the new episode. That would be frustrating.

It'll air on Sunday. Which sucks, the next ep looks good and all of you will get to watch it tonight and I won't. 

Edited by Sakura12

It doesn't mean it's 0,1. It could be much lower because it's always the rounded versions that we see. Anyway, I think it's clear by now that the show's pretty stable. Although I hope that The Flash finale next week will bring a few additional eyeballs.

The Flash was down from the 1.5 last week as well. And I don't really think the Flash does much for the show. It was the same when Flash was showing a rerun. 

(edited)

It doesn't do much but I still think it matters. Especially considering the finale will probably have a bump.

I do believe the audience for iZombie isn't quite the same, especially considering I'm very disappointed by The Flash right now (part of me suspects most of its fans are shallow fratboys, TBH). Still, it's the highest rated show on the network, it's bound to be a factor.

Edited by FurryFury

I'm still baffled as to why the Flash is doing so well and praised by reviewers. It's not the dark hole of suck Arrow is, but the writing is still pretty terrible. Yet people are always talking about how awesome it is. I guess I need more then just comic book stuff happening on the shows I watch, I need good character development and well written storylines or good acting to make up for that.

Me too. The Flash was OK before the midseason break, but it's been so bad after that. I'm so disappointed, I hoped to get at least 1 good show between Arrow and The Flash, but Kreisberg and Guggenheim really seem to work much better together. Apart, both shows simply suck.

Well, at least iZombie has nothing to do with either of them and can flourish. Hopefully people will still continue to tune in even after the renewal and a probable move to another night.

Officially renewed!

Hah, beat me to it.  I was just coming to post that.  

How much and when is yet to be revealed I guess.  Although if it were for Fall they'd have to start shooting... now-ish.

Heh. The social media aware CW team already made this graphic:

CEW3WSpWAAAdPaj.png

• Love 1

Yay!  I figured it had a solid shot with those ratings, but I'm glad for a confirmation.  I do wonder if will stay in this time-slot or not, and if it will stay at 13 episode seasons, or if they'll try and expand it next season.

I'm still baffled as to why the Flash is doing so well and praised by reviewers. It's not the dark hole of suck Arrow is, but the writing is still pretty terrible. Yet people are always talking about how awesome it is. I guess I need more then just comic book stuff happening on the shows I watch, I need good character development and well written storylines or good acting to make up for that.

I find all this superhero and action stuff extremely boring because it usually relies too much on flashy action and visuals which I don't give a crap about. Even on Buffy/Angel, those fighting scenes were easily the weakest part, at least for me. All the more surprising I'm still watching a comic book adaptation about zombies. While not a surprise after good reviews and very solid ratings, still good to hear it's officially renewed.

• Love 2

I find all this superhero and action stuff extremely boring because it usually relies too much on flashy action and visuals which I don't give a crap about. Even on Buffy/Angel, those fighting scenes were easily the weakest part, at least for me. All the more surprising I'm still watching a comic book adaptation about zombies. While not a surprise after good reviews and very solid ratings, still good to hear it's officially renewed.

I like iZombie, Z Nation, and The Walking Dead. Three entirely different shows, but all enjoyable. This is the first CW show I've watched since Gilmore Girls.

• Love 1

I find all this superhero and action stuff extremely boring because it usually relies too much on flashy action and visuals which I don't give a crap about. 

Thank you. It's nice to watch a TV show about people that's content to be a TV show about people and not the producer's audition for an action franchise.

• Love 2

aww that sucks. You'd think more people would watch with the renewal. Knowing a show is coming back makes it easier to decide to watch.

Although the CW shows have only recently started getting better numbers, in prior year most of their shows were in the 0.3-0.6 range, only a few reached 0.9-1.1. The Flash is their highest rated show ever. Which still shocks me to no end that show is freaking terrible. The shiny is not distracting enough for me.  

Not only it's terrible, some critics seem to be all over it, for some reason. I mean, the guy who does AoS reviews on AVClub used it as an example of what all comic book shows should strive for. Never reading his reviews again (but their Gotham reviews are hilarious,OTOH).

I suppose the move to another night is inevitable next year. Good thing is The CW shows can survive with ratings as low as 0.4, and the next year's pilots seem to be really bad (well, maybe LOT will be all right, who knows).

(edited)

You're right, Gotham's terrible. The Flash is not that great. The writing is juvenile, the character act stupid despite having done the exact same thing the week before and the week before that, etc. As I said shiny CGI lights are not distracting enough for me to cover for it's mediocre writing. Season 1b wasn't that bad, something happened after the winter break, the show went downhill from there. 

iZombie's got a more interesting premise that keeps me engaged. The 100 is a compelling show that I find way more interesting than The Flash. It's not even that I don't like comic book based shows. I loved Arrow Season 1 and 2 (don't know what show that is on right now), I loved both Avengers movies, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 5 times in the theater. CA: Winter Solider is one my favorite movies. The Flash is just not making the cut for me.

Edited by Sakura12