Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: A Bird In A Gilded Cage

Memory altered Elena continues to be a little superficial, and overly optimistic, but I guess she is supposed to be, she isn't really whole without the true memories of her past.

I thought she seemed kinda off...and that scene where she sassed at Damon for going with them reminded me of (a pale imitation of) Katherine. She does seem a little shallow and unconcerned. Not sure if that's deliberate (do the writers even remember that Elena doesn't have all her memories?) or just acting choices.

They better not use the second iteration of the cure to make Damon human like their original plan. But seeing as they are the least imaginative writers ever (bad mommy 3.0., the cure 2.0., humanity switch off 9.0.), that's probably where this is headed.

Oh wow, Bonnie stabbing Kai really hurt my eyes. It would have been a hell yeah moment about 4 episodes ago. Now, it's so painfully clear that he's pining for her. I guess that makes the revenge even sweeter, right? But, wow, it still really hurt to watch that. And I guess the next time we see him, he'll have got rid of those pesky feelings? Yikes.

Honestly I hope the feelings only magnify. He really did get what he deserved. Two minutes before he was threatening to gut her like a fish. I think the essence of Luke has feelings for her but Kai, true Kai is still a heartless douchebag. It'd be great if Kai himself could realize that.

• Love 1

The cure wouldn't kill her it would only make her human unless someone fed on her afterwards.

She is old enough that becoming human will quickly get her to her "natural state" which is pile of bones in a coffin.

Unless there is a writing patch that her being locked in the prison with the same day repeating over and over makes her only "naturally" as old as she was when she got imprisoned.

She is old enough that becoming human will quickly get her to her "natural state" which is pile of bones in a coffin.

Unless there is a writing patch that her being locked in the prison with the same day repeating over and over makes her only "naturally" as old as she was when she got imprisoned.

It doesn't accelerate aging though. Katherine only died because Silas sucked the cure from her. All it would do is make Mama Salvatore human.

In that case, if they did it smartly, they could potentially use the cure for a whole bunch of people though, right? New vamps could just spread it around like some STD, transmitted by biting. Elena, then Caroline, then one of the Salvatore brothers. Could only potentially be one of them though.

In that case, if they did it smartly, they could potentially use the cure for a whole bunch of people though, right?

I think it`s funny that they don`t even pretend the cure is anything else than another redundant Delena obstacle now. At least back in Season 4 lots of vamps legitimatley wanted it and were on the hunt for it - and they all thought, the supply would be limitless back then. Here, Bonnie hands the one dose over to Damon to do with as he pleases. She made it very clear that she`d be okay with whatever he does with it. At least she did think of her mother first but beyond that, noone is even under consideration. 

And I don`t even want to know how Bonnie got it in the first place. Sure, she went to craphole island and got magic from the tombstone and she would know Silas`burial ground. But I distinctly remember that at first they couldn`t get the cure out of his calcified hands, they HAD to awake him via blood and loosen him up first so to speak. How, pray tell, did Bonnie get around this little problem? Or is there a Silas running around in the 1994 prison world now?  

Is Silas classed as alive or dead? Aren't there supposed to be no alive things in the witch prisons? Oh dear writers.

Also there is a second potential cure in the 1903 world. Just saying...

I sincerely doubt the writers have givent his much thought beyond "crap, we have run out of Delena plot - get the cure back! Parallel worlds or something."

That said, I'd welcome Silas back (also, Katherine). He's so delightfully bitchy. And now that Kai has been neutered (though I still enjoy him), the slot of the snarky unrepentant psychopath is currently open.

In that case, if they did it smartly, they could potentially use the cure for a whole bunch of people though, right? New vamps could just spread it around like some STD, transmitted by biting. Elena, then Caroline, then one of the Salvatore brothers. Could only potentially be one of them though.

Word!

ETA I'd rather have Katherine. When given a choice I will always choose Katherine. /Damon (if he were smart)

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

According to Papa Parker, the Twin Merge merges the souls of the twins and forms something complete original that is a blend of both.

It makes me wonder, if Kai had merged with Jo as he was supposed to, would he now be pregnant?  How's that for a mystical pregnancy, a DUDE having his sister's baby.  LOL LOL LOL

Edited by Timetoread

Is Silas classed as alive or dead? Aren't there supposed to be no alive things in the witch prisons? Oh dear writers.

Also there is a second potential cure in the 1903 world. Just saying...

I'm going to assume alive, which means that when she got to the tomb the cure would just be lying there on the stone slab. Easiest quest ever.

I'm just wondering how there is still a cure if the original cure was shoved down Katherine's throat a few seasons ago? What am I missing here?

Because the cure would still exist in the 1994 prison world since it wouldn't get shoved down Kat's throat for another 20 years or so.

Because the cure would still exist in the 1994 prison world since it wouldn't get shoved down Kat's throat for another 20 years or so.

Ahhhhh yes that makes perfect sense! Thanks !!:)

• Love 1