Type keyword(s) to search

2009 / Dreams Come True: Finale Liveblog Thread

Cranberry

See, it's nonsense like this that makes people call Sam Finn-lite. Like, they seriously just recycled Finn's entire arc with Sam. And how IS HE TEACHING WITHOUT A DEGREE???? Is he going to skirt by on 'consulting' like everyone else apparently was? Does that even pay? How on earth will he support himself? How has he really been supporting himself this entire time anyways? 

Ugh. Now I'm just making myself even more worked up. 

• Love 4

Why are people acting Mercedes is going off to war never to be seen again? She is going on a tour.  It isn't like she can't ever hang with friends again.

Also the timeline is making everything whack and taking away some of the emotional impact.  

- Last week's episode ended in November 2014 with everyone planning on returning to New York

- This week's opened in May 2015 

- Then when jumped to August 2015 and people are doing these huge goodbyes even though most left McKinley back in January 2015 and have been regularly hanging out

Why are people acting Mercedes is going off to war never to be seen again? She is going on a tour.  It isn't like she can't ever hang with friends again.

Also, she already went on tour for like 5 or 6 months in between seasons 5 and 6 with Brittany and Santana, so it's not like this is something new.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

I'm not mad at Mercedes getting that bs tour either. We just saw the beginning of her getting crapped on for her entire New Directions membership. She needs to end up a huge ass star. I want her to shiner brighter than Rachel (which could happen as her career is more mainstream than Broadway but won't be...ya know it's Rachel and Glee)

Edited by Jenesis
  • Love 4
Also, she already went on tour for like 5 or 6 months in between seasons 5 and 6 with Brittany and Santana, so it's not like this is nothing new.

In my best Monica voice, "I know"

Why did Kurt say they are leaving for NY?  According to Blaine they have already been there for a while.  

Edited by camussie

I am officially convinced and will always be, that the writers hate Blaine. Sue was basically their mouth piece in that scene which basically amounted to - you are a weirdo loser that I never got and never wanted to who also banged the guy who used to send death threats to your future husband. Yup, they hate him. 

What is this Sue/Will duet?

• Love 1

I am officially convinced and will always be, that the writers hate Blaine. Sue was basically their mouth piece in that scene which basically amounted to - you are a weirdo loser that I never got and never wanted to who also banged the guy who used to send death threats to your future husband. Yup, they hate him. 

But... they're the ones who wrote him that way.

Honestly, I suspended my disbelief with Mercede's storylines long ago. Like, I love her and she can just live her amazing life in the background the way she wants. I ain't even mad. 

The Becky/Sue interaction was rather sweet. I really enjoyed their relationship when Becky wasn't being completely horrible.

Wow, let's have Klaine thank Sue for forcing them into their toxic relationship which she had no reason to be so totally invested in in the first place. How on earth did that seem like a good idea?

Ok. This whole thing just went off the rails.

(And why is Mercedes being an opening act for Beyonce so crazy? It's not like they made her the headliner. Opening acts are for New artists/up and comers which Mercedes is. At least it's something she's qualified for unlike non degree non teaching license having Sam.)

• Love 7

As ridiculous as that whole Sue segment was, it was worth it for the line "the death threats from the bully, who Blaine later dated." Jane Lynch's delivery literally made me spit water out of my mouth.

Why is this classroom scene so fast? Kurt and Blaine just busted in there, talking crazy fast and then just started singing. If they couldn't fit it all in, they should have cut some stuff out.

I am seriously lost ...

I have sorted it out

• Last week's episode ended in November 2014.  Shortly there after all of the kids returned to New York
  • This week's opened in May 2015 with NNND winning nationals.  Rachel/Kurt/Blaine attended to support Will
  • The show quickly jumped to August 2015 with Will taking over McKinley arts school.  All of his former students were there in attendance to support him.  At that time Blaine asked Sam to join them in NY but he had a job as the coach of ND.  Also at that time Mercedes sang goodbye because she was going on tour with Beyonce and apparently that means she is in witness protection. Finally at that time Sue said her goodbye through "The Winner takes it all."  
  • Then we flashforwarded to 2020 with Sue being VP
  • Back to August/September 2015 with Blaine /Kurt looking in the locker Kurt is using as a time capsule
  • Flashforward to 2020 with Blaine/Kurt talking to kids at pre-school after a successful debut at Lincoln Center
  • Love 2

Blaine looks cute? It's like I don't even know myself anymore.

Well he doesn't have a gallon of hair gel covering his bald spot and he's not dressed like Pee Wee Herman. So there's that.

But it's ludicrous that Kurt and Blaine are still married in 5 years' time.

But...you saw his outfit, right?

Aww, Ceeg, don't judge me too hard. I have a small thing for tiny white boys with fluffy hair. I'm all about 'dem Hobbits in the LotR series. My secret shame.

• Love 2