Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Dunk The Skunk / S01.E06: Some Friggin' Fat Guy

The least realistic thing for me is how January Jones was still wearing eyeliner. I would not bother trying to look cute if I hadn't seen a human in over a year. I would have looked like Phil, except I am pretty sure I can't grow a beard. 

I'm really enjoying this show...maybe because the only actor I've ever seen before is January Jones, who is usually at Kardashian levels of boring and monotone. She's pretty good here.

I thought Phil was John Ritter's son (Jason?) when he finally shaved off the beard.

I love Carol.

The new guy seems interesting. I hope they don't cancel this show until we get to see where it's going.

• Love 1

I don't think I like the actor who plays Phil. He's a good actor but I keep picturing a Will Arnett as Phil. I just see him saying the lines better and acting like a jerk but coming across more funny then, "Oh my god I really hate this guy"

Eh. When I get bored, I do weird things with my hair and make-up. She's got lots of free time. Maybe she finally nailed liquid eyeliner and is super proud of it.

Yeah, putting on makeup for me is more of soothing fun hobby, so I would probably go nuts and take everything from Sephora if I survived the apocalypse. I can totally see needing to feel normal and do things like hair/makeup/shower if everything else is taken from you.

One thing I really like is that so far Carol is not really jealous of Melissa, and is just kind of annoyed with Phil whenever he expresses interest in her. Contrast that with Phil who is acting very stereotypically catty and jealous towards Todd. I hope he is not lying and this show is just playing with typical relationship tropes.

• Love 1

Yeah phil is a total douchecanoe. He seems to realize it on some level but I Bc ant stand the way he treats carol really she is quirky but she doesn't deserve to be manipulated so much.

I'm still watching at this point, if only to see where they plan to go with this but phil needs to eat a big old slice of humble pie and dial back the toolery If I'm going to make it for the long haUl...

i'm late to the party. Just discovered this show. My first thought when Phil was discussing with Carol that he wants to impregnate Melissa was, "Silly goose, they'd still be siblings!" My second thought was, that if he *really* wanted to repopulate the earth, he could do a sperm collection and artificial insemination and thus not technically cheat on his wife. Of course, he wanted to actually *be* with Melissa, and didnt really care about repopulation.

As for why he didnt divorce Carol, it was because Carol really did believe in him and wanted to stay married to him and he couldn't break her heart after all.

Knowing now how the rest of the series turns out, it's pretty funny to see what an a-hole he is already at the start of the season.

...and of course, I really have to suspend disbelief for how pristine the world is after 2 years of no people to clean up anything. In all honesty, those few remaining souls would've died of disease at some point. Plus, where are all the dead bodies? Who buried the last remaining person in each city?

Where are they getting the electricity to pump the gas pumps for gasoline for their vehicles?

They are not giving us any backstory for the virus apocalypse, only focusing on the fun stuff of reestablishing the world. Maybe at some point they will, though I doubt it. It's a comedy.