Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

• Start Topic

I presumed it was rented by Bravo, just like "Jenna's house" was last season.

She is still living on it, per her instagram photos, however the boat is not owned by her (personal knowledge).

I doubt she received a large settlement from her ex, James; probably a few years alimony. He has a daughter with his other ex-wife Stacey Dash and there was definitely a prenup. Her family does well, her father is a land developer, and her mother has a good career as well but not well enough to support her indefinitely or provide a large trust. 

She's still trying to make a go of her interior design business that she did in LA and before that in Colorado as a salesgirl at RL home- the show seems to be helping her to get press for her latest incarnation of that. 

Edited by lillypforme
  • Love 4

She is still living on it, per her instagram photos, however the boat is not owned by her (personal knowledge).

I doubt she received a large settlement from her ex, James; probably a few years alimony. He has a daughter with his other ex-wife Stacey Dash and there was definitely a prenup. Her family does well, her father is a land developer, and her mother has a good career as well but not well enough to support her indefinitely or provide a large trust. 

She's still trying to make a go of her interior design business that she did in LA and before that in Colorado as a salesgirl at RL home- the show seems to be helping her to get press for her latest incarnation of that. 

Thanks for sharing the inside info! I like her more than Jenna; she already seems less try-hard, if that makes sense. 

• Love 1

I didn't find Cameran to be disrespectful to her mother. Cameran doesn't annoy me but that's probably because I didn't watch her season of the Real World and don't have that horrible Real World aftertaste. I thought it was just playful mother -daughter banter in a scene staged by Bravo. I know good and hell well that the entire production staff probably had the damn password before they started shooting scene.

I remember her from RW and I recalled liking her quite a bit. I still like her on this show.

I understand why people don't feel bad for Kathryn and why people do. I am in the latter camp. Yeah, she has a nanny and blah blah blah, she's certainly blessed, but nothing about her situation is enviable, IMO. I would gladly take my middle class husband with his boring, unknown last name rather than hook up with TRav for the connections and money. Kathryn is certainly paying for the role she has now, and it's not a price I would ever want to pay. Kathryn is young and stupid, IMO. I hope she realizes that all that glitters is not gold. I had to laugh when Thomas talked about Kathryn's character and how that might hurt him politically...as if being an ex-convict who appears on a cheesy Bravo reality show is such an asset to his campaign.

Kenzie is a beautiful baby though.

Landon realized that all that glitters isn't gold. I find it refreshing that someone her age who had access to everything she could have ever wanted actually walked away from her marriage when she realized she was alone and unhappy.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

I'm liking Jennifer. I'm not good with ages, does she look to be mid to late 30s?

Assuming I found a "legit" profile, LinkedIn shows her as graduating from Clemson in 2003 with her BA.  So I guess that would make her around 33 or 34 years old.    

Know I have no idea I was googling about her and 62 (I wasa thinking late 70s/80)came up but if Whitney is 47 that is most not likely correct not that it's anyway surprising that she would lie and her age.

I looked her up on Zabasearch and found a few different "identities" for her name.  One showed her as 70, one as 73 and one as 80.  LOL I'm thinking either the 70 or 73 is correct. 

And Shep is 34!?!? Maybe I knew that and totally forgot.... I thought for sure he was mid-20s like Craig.

He was 34 last year.  He's 35 now.  Well at least in "real time" --- maybe at the time of filming the season he was still 34.  It's funny because I totally think he and Craig totally look the same age.  I think that means Shep has aged very well or Craig is aging not so good!  LOL  I am sooo "Team Shep" too.  He's cuter, funnier, and just seems like an all around more chill person. 

I am a fan of Cameron's mom too!  She seems so lovely and poised.  I thought the banter between she and Cameron was sweet, playful, and endearing.  I saw nothing disrespectful about it at all?

Edited by Duke2801

Kenzie is a beautiful baby though.

That reminds me that I thought Cameron was pretty funny when she was describing what to say when a friend had an ugly baby: "Isn't she/he precious?"  I literally have been tongue-tied several times in my life when I "went to see the baby" and was staring down at these red, old-man faced looking newborns and I could not think of a nice thing to say fast enough (or at all.) Now I'll hopefully remember to say "My, how precious!"  Thanks Cameron!!!!

• Love 1

Finally watched the whole episode. Ok, so we have a second christening, a second boat move-in, and a second senatorial campaign announcement.

Whitney said he knew about Thomas running a month ago. JD obviously knew, too. T-Rav even already had bumper stickers made. If he submitted his 17,000 signatures, wouldn't the press have reported or he would have made an announcement to the press? I can't imagine he'd tell these people first. I do think JD is his genuine friend and Whitney is a frienemy who on one hand seems to care about T-Rav for as much as he makes fun of him. But the rest of them just laugh at T-Rav in all of their talking heads. They're pleasant to his face--there's your southern charm--but they seem to think he's a joke. I wonder whether Jennifer was in the running as a cast member but Whitney chose Landon over her. Otherwise I can see why Katherine would be giving her the side eye...all castmembers in attendance except for this strumpet?

Ok, and Landon so did not just move into the boat that day. When she "moved in," she only had two suitcases, one fluffy dog, and one case of (warm) Coronas. However, when she offered Shep a beer he said he'd take a cold Coors Light! The boat already had things set up. Yes, it could have come furnished, and that might even include the bedding, but probably not the stuff in the kitchen (there were some pantry items behind the stove).

Whitney said he knew about Thomas running a month ago. JD obviously knew, too. T-Rav even already had bumper stickers made.

Yeah, it's weird that the season is going to play out with a lot of scenes involving Thomas' campaign when it's now long over and anyone can find the results. Shows how little there was to actually use for interesting story material, I guess. The whole "Thomas has a big announcement" fake-out was dumb. I'm sure no one in the cast thought it was an engagement announcement. And they even had Whitney asking, as if he were a reporter on the campaign trail, "Are you going to marry this young lady?"

Maybe the very casual viewer finds this all to be new information... No matter, I'm still enjoying it, and watching all the story contortions when we know a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff is kinda part of the fun.

• Love 2

I am a fan of Cameron's mom too!  She seems so lovely and poised.  I thought the banter between she and Cameron was sweet, playful, and endearing.  I saw nothing disrespectful about it at all?

I agree.  Cameron's mom has a better knowledge of wi-fi than my own.  My dad calls me with excitement whenever he successfully attaches a file to an email.  I shared her eyeroll/groan at her mom's happy clueless state.

• Love 1

I can't get over a man pushing 50 gladly announcing his band's name is 'boner' spelled backwards. And Patricia is proud of her son? A man who is 47 and 'jams' with his band between gossip sessions with his mommy? Wow.

• Love 8
I can't get over a man pushing 50 gladly announcing his band's name is 'boner' spelled backwards. And Patricia is proud of her son? A man who is 47 and 'jams' with his band between gossip sessions with his mommy? Wow.

Comedy gold, isn't it?

• Love 3

The thing I could not get past was that for his big announcement, which set him, or his campaign, back at least $5K, TRav was reduced to THAT guest list?!  No press whatsoever?!  Wait.  What's that?  Ohhhhhhhh.  This was all a Whitney contrivance for the show?  Silly, Ol' Lonesome.  His getting on the ballot was, no foolin', a happening.  It was no foregone conclusion and it absolutely merited a very public announcement - and one in private for his biggest contributors.  

Craig is displaying bigtime sociopathic behavior.  If something or someone gets in the way of something he wants, they are always wrong, or worse.  He's also quite the alcoholic.  Last year, we saw a motivated and somewhat humble Craig keeping his eye on the prize and foregoing pleasures now for long-term payoffs.  Not anymore.  

I was truly surprised that Cameran's voice over destroying Whitney on a very personal level made the show.  Then I thought about it some more and realized that Whitney would be far more interested in some heat on his show than in his pride.

The butler "interview" was transparent as can be.  I would have bet everything I own, and you own, that we would see video of him using the special martini ice bag and wooden mallet as part of his "tryout."  Yup.  I/we won.  :)

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes

That reminds me that I thought Cameron was pretty funny when she was describing what to say when a friend had an ugly baby: "Isn't she/he precious?"  I literally have been tongue-tied several times in my life when I "went to see the baby" and was staring down at these red, old-man faced looking newborns and I could not think of a nice thing to say fast enough (or at all.) Now I'll hopefully remember to say "My, how precious!"  Thanks Cameron!!!!

You can always just say "Aww, look at that baby!". That's what I say. If the kid is cute, I'll say it's cute. If not though.... My sister in law was in the neighborhood after having her last child. She called and said she was going to stop by so I could meet my nephew. She said,"I'm warning you now. If you say "look at that baby!", I'm leaving."

She says it, too. ;)

OK, someone help me out here....

Why was Kathryn dressed like an old school marm? The hair....the collar necklace Shep was poking at....if she knew Thomas was going to announce his candidacy, did she think that was the look to be standing beside him for the throng of reporters that never showed? You know she wasn't dressed for a proposal. She'd have had her strumpet outfit on for that, right? With a ton of mascara.

I was thinking the same thing. The hair pulled back and the high neck blouse made her look so much older. Not a very becoming look for someone in her 20's ..