Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

Well now, i don't have all of this at my finger tips to link to, but from various twitter accounts and interviews the gist seemed to be that Craig's behavior made him unpleasant to film with and eventually they just got worn down by his antics. You put that together with all those high-achiever trophies in his old bedroom and his own admission that he was never popular in high school and when he moved to Charleston he suddenly became a fixture on the nightclub/bar scene and got lots of attention, and my take is that he had a delayed adolescence. Like those sheltered kids who go nuts in college. Except it's not cute on a 26 year old, and even less cute for older cast mates to be around.

But yeah, Shep and Cameran's concern seemed way out of proportion to what we were shown. I'm giving them some benefit of the doubt on this. Basically, I think of these people as a ragtag community theatre troupe playing characters loosely based on themselves. The acting goes OTT sometimes, but that's what you get from amateurs.

• Love 7

I keep thinking of Jennifer Flowers whenever I see this Jennifer.

Craig looked kinda hot in that photo.

That's Gennifer with a G. 

Craig did look better.  Less methy.  A little bit of color.

Also saw a photo of Thomas and Landon (ughhhhhhhhhhhh) poloing in Feb.  Guess she might be back too.  Also Thomas posted on FB (shocker) that he still feels the same way about SoCharm that he did back in S1.  Made me think that he's filming also.

I keep thinking of Jennifer Flowers whenever I see this Jennifer.

Craig looked kinda hot in that photo.

That's Gennifer with a G. 

Craig did look better.  Less methy.  A little bit of color.

Also saw a photo of Thomas and Landon (ughhhhhhhhhhhh) poloing in Feb.  Guess she might be back too.  Also Thomas posted on FB (shocker) that he still feels the same way about SoCharm that he did back in S1.  Made me think that he's filming also.

• Love 2

Typical internet comments full of hate on the SoCharm FB page.  Reminds me of the 90 Day Fiance page.  Not worth it to me to sort through to find any hidden gems.

• Love 1

Typical internet comments full of hate on the SoCharm FB page.  Reminds me of the 90 Day Fiance page.  Not worth it to me to sort through to find any hidden gems.

• Love 2

It would be Whitney, if by any stretch, this was true. They haven't shown him with lots of women, but he claimed to sleep with Kathryn on camera and claims he's had lots of girlfriends. Remember we also had a scene where Patricia finds "gasp!" Ann Taylor clothes on Whitneys floor. (I wondered if that was a clue to tell us they were Kathryn's clothes...)

That's the negative of these FB comments. There may be a real gem but you have to sift through hundreds of comments to find one.

Anyone else *love* blind items? The source isn't a good one though. I dunno, what do you guys think?

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2015/06/blind-item-3-906.html

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 06/03 **#3**

This southern based Bravo reality show star talks a great game about being with lots of women but he never talks about the guy he gave up to be on the show.

I've seen your posts for a long time and always wanted to tell you how awesome "gimipizzauoldtroll" is!! Very clever. Visions of Milania dancing in my head!

• Love 5

Has this been posted? For me, any annoyance at Cameran and Shep from the reunion has melted:

Shep Rose, Cameran Eubanks and K. Cooper Ray, cast members of “Southern Charm,” will help throw a benefit party at the Republic Garden & Lounge on King Street next week in honor of Caitlyn, the dog found last week in North Charleston with her muzzle taped shut.

The fundraiser will be held from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday. The cover charge is $10, which will be donated to Toby’s Fund, money that allows the Charleston Animal Society to provide medical and behavioral treatment to neglected and abused animals in the Lowcountry.

http://www.charlestonscene.com/article/20150603/CS/150609796

• Love 5

Has this been posted? For me, any annoyance at Cameran and Shep from the reunion has melted:

Shep Rose, Cameran Eubanks and K. Cooper Ray, cast members of “Southern Charm,” will help throw a benefit party at the Republic Garden & Lounge on King Street next week in honor of Caitlyn, the dog found last week in North Charleston with her muzzle taped shut.

The fundraiser will be held from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday. The cover charge is $10, which will be donated to Toby’s Fund, money that allows the Charleston Animal Society to provide medical and behavioral treatment to neglected and abused animals in the Lowcountry.

http://www.charlestonscene.com/article/20150603/CS/150609796

Since they're filming already, maybe we'll see it next season.

It will be interesting to see if this makes it to season 3. Cameran tweeted yesterday that it wasn't being filmed but that tweet has since been deleted, and fairly quickly, too.

Please, Bravo overlords, no Jennifer.

Jennifer posted on the Southern Charm Facebook page that Bravo approached her about being on the show. And since she's involved with this dog thing, I am betting she'll be back. She said she, Patricia and Cooper were all paid cast members.

I agree! I can't understand the Cooper love - I just find him annoying. And I thought his clothing line was too gimmicky. 

Has Landon been in any of the recent cast sightings?? I hope they get rid of her. Except then they might replace her with Jennifer. I don't really care if Jennifer is just on there every so often - I only find her mildly annoying and can mostly just tune her out. But I really don't want to have hear all about her life every episode...No way. 

• Love 3

This adorable little boy has been in my prayers since this senseless act of violence occurred a few weeks ago and now he's suffered a major setback.  I'm so glad to see the Southern Charmers have gotten involved.  Using their new-found fame for good like this, the Caitlin benefit, the WWP, etc. makes the on-camera drama worthwhile.  Kudos to them.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/29308784/southern-charm-cast-creates-gofundme-account-for-tyreik-gadsden

The cast of the reality show "Southern Charm" has created a GoFundMe account for Tyreik Gadsden, the 5-year-old boy who was paralyzed by a bullet in downtown Charleston on May 22.

Gadsden remains in the hospital after the wound became infected with meningitis. The community has set up multiple events to help raise money for his care.

S.C. Rep. Wendell Gilliard on Thursday challenged the Southern Charm cast to get involved in the fund-raising effort after noting that they helped raise money for Cailtyn, a dog who was seriously injured after its muzzle was bound with electrical tape.

Cast members quickly threw their support behind Gadsden and launched the GoFundMe account. It has raised more than $1,000 in a day after it was shared on social media by cast members Shep Rose, Cameran Eubanks and Jennifer Snowden.

• Love 5

Admittedly, I've been intrigued by Jennifer Snowden ever since I saw her gorgeous home tour featured on Bravo's site((I'm currently redecorating my loft a bit and liked the stylish Southern gal vibe of her home's decor)), so I started reading her blog/following her on Instagram to get more of a taste for her home decor tips.

Her clothes/personal style may be a bit on the Playboy Bunny-side, but she's actually very sweet and informative on social media. She took the time to answer a few of my design questions very excitedly and seems to not take her time on the show too seriously either---and she must make decent dough as a realtor to afford the homes she's rented/just bought.

I don't get a sleazy hanger-on vibe from her at all, and her blog has been surprisingly helpful for finding me some fun recent online clothing/decor purchases.

Anyways, here's a link to her blog---obviously it's still a work in progress, but I do appreciate all her helpful interior design/online sales tips: http://closetscliquescasascharleston.com

I follow Cooper on Instagram as well, just because he seems like a delightful Southern dandy who enjoys showing off the dandy Southern soirées, businesses and interiors he frequents, as well as bits of the downtown Charleston lifestyle. Makes me miss my time living in downtown Savannah, GA, which is one reason I adore this show and it's equally disarming Southern cast.

• Love 4

Interesting, Sun-Bun. I'm glad she was nice to you. I've followed Jennifer on Twitter and Instagram unofficially and she does interact with followers, as do Shep, Patricia, and Cameran. She still strikes me as as a try hard, though. I really don't want her back next season in any capacity.

• Love 1

I'm sure by now everyone has heard about the tragedy in a church in downtown Charleston. If anyone from the show is posting about it, I'm interested to read. I checked Jennifer's page but she's just talking about homes and cosmetics thus far.

• Love 1

Cameran made one tweet about it regarding donations, Shep has tweeted some stuff, Craig tweeted a few things, and Patricia has basically retweeted a bunch of stuff about it.  I refused to check Whitney's Twitter because I don't want the douchebaggery to infect my eyeballs.  Kathryn hasn't said anything other than retweeting info about a prayer vigil from Jennifer's Twitter, but I'm kind of raising an eyebrow over the fact that Thomas has been radio silent about it so far as well.  As someone who ran for political office more than once, you'd think he'd be in the mix of things or at least publicly condemning such heinous acts on innocent SC citizens.  

• Love 6

His silence is bewildering in light of his and his family's deep SC political background. Speaking of bewildering, Thomas has changed his name to Jo Jo on Twitter. It's still @Thomasravenel, but the blue check is by Jo Jo. Jo Jo. WTF. Wonder who suggested that, Whitney or Sandy Duncan?

• Love 3

His silence is bewildering in light of his and his family's deep SC political background. Speaking of bewildering, Thomas has changed his name to Jo Jo on Twitter. It's still @Thomasravenel, but the blue check is by Jo Jo. Jo Jo. WTF. Wonder who suggested that, Whitney or Sandy Duncan?

I saw that - what the fuck is Jo Jo? I'm not finished watching the sseason, maybe there's a reference upcoming? Maybe it's short for "Political Joke Joke"?

I'm wondering if his silence on the church murders has something to do with his position on gun rights? I know he supported them.

• Love 3

I'm sure within the social circles these people run in, there isn't overt racism or even the display of the Confederate flag, which still is posted above some state buildings, supposedly.

They probably don't have strong feelings about the Civil War, which some Southerners call the WR of Northern Aggression.

Many of the cast can easily travel outside the South without feeling like they're entering enemy territory, while some Southerners look at certain parts of the country with suspicion or some sense of otherness.

Most of the cast is probably too young to remember Washington enforcing the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts, which engendered resentment and cemented generations of certain voting patterns. But then their parents and friends may express some of these sentiments in their presence so they're not oblivious to them.

(edited)

"I refused to check Whitney's Twitter because I don't want the douchebaggery to infect my eyeballs."

My QUOTE and BOLD features aren't working (the MODS are helping), LIGIRL, but if I tweeted, I'd beg you to be a friend or a follower or whatever they are...simply for your sentence. Can someone PLEASE give this guy a makeover? I know we can't fix his personality or his mommy issues...but his thin greasy hair is Ka-REEPY! It IS something that can be repaired.

Edited by Former Nun
(edited)

When I was growing up in the extremely racist deep south, some states flew their own flags on top of the US flag. Those state flags incorporate the Confederate battle flag motif - as far as I know they did not fly the actual Confederate flag on top of the US flag. I think MS and AL were the last two states to top the US flag with their state flags. I think there was litigation, or the federal government shut that nonsense down finally.

I don't fault Thomas for not making comments about the shooting tragedy on social media. I definitely do not make the leap that he is harboring "friendly" thoughts about guns and such. Not everyone lives and breathes by social media. I would not be surprised if the Ravenel family has quietly made contributions.

Edited by pasdetrois
I don't fault Thomas for not making comments about the shooting tragedy on social media. I definitely do not make the leap that he is harboring "friendly" thoughts about guns and such. Not everyone lives and breathes by social media. I would not be surprised if the Ravenel family has quietly made contributions

Thomas is a man who broke up with his baby mama via social media.  One would think that someone who claims to care so much about S. Carolina and her constituents would make SOME kind of comment, but I suppose if his mallet is calling he's too busy.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, IMO, no state should fly the Confederate flag.  The Civil War is over, the South lost.  The end.

I read a comment on another site, can't remember which one now, from someone who allegedly went to school with Shep, that Shep was a fan of the confederate flag - supposedly, wore it on clothing, license plate, etc. Now, this is hearsay and maybe Shep has moved on from that, or maybe the flag holds a different meaning for him.

And every one knows how Thomas' dad feels about the flag, "Ravenel is a member of Moultrie Camp, Sons of Confederate Veterans, and is a supporter of the Confederate flag being flown at the South Carolina statehouse. He provoked controversy at a rally for the flag in 2000 when he referred to the NAACP as the “National Association for R******* People”.[2] Ravenel upset even more people after he apologized to mentally handicapped people for comparing them to the NAACP."

297_ravenel.jpg

Arthur Ravenel, Jr - Confederate flag rally

Edited by medra
  • Love 1

Flags are symbols of articulated philosophies.  The Confederation was officially opposed to emancipation.

Not cool if Shepp is in that category.  Shepp is interesting to me.  In the first season, he was sort of charming in that man-boy kind of way.  This season, I saw a few different sides to him that I didn't care for.

For me, it takes a good 2-3 seasons to see the full scope of the characters' personalities (well, as much as tv allows).   Maybe Shepp will redeem himself S3.

• Love 2
I read a comment on another site, can't remember which one now, from someone who allegedly went to school with Shep, that Shep was a fan of the confederate flag - supposedly, wore it on clothing, license plate, etc. Now, this is hearsay and maybe Shep has moved on from that, or maybe the flag holds a different meaning for him

Oh, God no! I hope not.  With age (and a lot of times education), comes wisdom.  So hopefully this is a thing of the past. Thomas Ravenel on the other hand--I could totally see him pro-Confederate flag, even in his 50s,

• Love 1
(edited)

I also came here purposely to share the news of the human chain across the Ravenel Bridge this past weekend....and to see if Thomas Ravenel has posted or said anything via social media on this important and profound news event. I say, shame on him for not - and he was a former candidate for national office ? That shows his poor character.

And every one knows how Thomas' dad feels about the flag, "Ravenel is a member of Moultrie Camp, Sons of Confederate Veterans, and is a supporter of the Confederate flag being flown at the South Carolina statehouse. He provoked controversy at a rally for the flag in 2000 when he referred to the NAACP as the “National Association for R******* People”.[2] Ravenel upset even more people after he apologized to mentally handicapped people for comparing them to the NAACP."

And they named a bridge after this racist ?!!!!  I say not only move the Confederate flag from the statehouse, but re-name that bridge as well. 

The Clemente Pickney Bridge would be 1000x better. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4