Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

I like Craig, I really do but this article just screams pretty, rich, white boy problems.  I think he has the best intentions but hell if everyone could just pack up and go to the Caribbean for 2 or 3 months sure we'd all be a lot better.  I don't think he grasps with seriousness of mental health issues both financially and physically.

https://www.realitytea.com/2019/05/28/southern-charm-star-craig-conover-said-he-had-depression-after-breakup-with-naomie-olindo/

• Love 6
(edited)

The fact that she mentions Madison is now on Southern Charm makes me suspicious that this is another fake producer-driven story.

Hey Austen's new gf, we don't have any good story ideas for you.  How about we have you hit on someone else tied to the show?

Austen won't mind because his shit beer from last season went nowhere.

Edited by scrb
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, scrb said:

The fact that she mentions Madison is now on Southern Charm makes me suspicious that this is another fake producer-driven story.

Hey Austen's new gf, we don't have any good story ideas for you.  How about we have you hit on someone else tied to the show?

For me, it makes me wonder about Madison's reasons for dating Austen in the first place and how much of the reason was so she could be on TV.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, scrb said:

17 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

For me, it makes me wonder about Madison's reasons for dating Austen in the first place and how much of the reason was so she could be on TV.

Exactly. It was technically BEFORE she was “on” Southern Charm, but they had just barely started filming the season? And if she ditched Austen for Gentry, then she wouldn’t have even been on it. Yet, I guess Gentry is just as “on” it as Madison if they’re both dating a cast member? But goes to show that the “film credit” at that point is meaningless if you can’t even keep track of who’s a fringe character off a friend-of off a cast member.

• Love 3

Did Austen and Madison break up for real this time? She's no longer following him on IG. 

And Austen is kind of a big loudmouth (heh). If he and Madison are still together, he would have shouted that through his IG stories.

I think they're relationship is (was) real, but did you guys see a more stunted conversation between two people in a relationship than what they had at his place?

"Did you bring an overnight bag?"

"Uhhh..."

"What does that mean?"

"Depends on how the night goes"

"Hmmm, ok"

Don't try too hard to be cute in front of the camera guys.

• Love 2

Sort of off topic, but I wanted to mention this. If y’all are going to Charleston, be sure to eat at Rodney Strong’s Whole Hog Barbecue. Absolutely delicious. Totally casual and has a drive through window if you’re pressed for time. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sort of off topic, but I wanted to mention this. If y’all are going to Charleston, be sure to eat at Rodney Strong’s Whole Hog Barbecue. Absolutely delicious. Totally casual and has a drive through window if you’re pressed for time. 

I saw that on Samantha Brown Places to Love.

Yeah it's not something they'll ever feature on Southern Charm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

T-Rav must be paying People Magazine a lot of money to run these articles, but there is an element of truth to what is being published.

https://people.com/tv/thomas-ravenel-accuses-kathryn-dennis-drinking-using-drugs-while-pregnant-son/

The following stood out to me.

“[Dennis] has been diagnosed with multiple mental health conditions, including but not limited to Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, kleptomania, self-mutilation, and Cluster B Personality Traits, including histrionic and borderline personality disorders.”

After watching the old seasons on demand, I suspected that Kathryn has BPD.  Unfortunately, Borderlines don't improve with medication.  Fortunately,  there is an approach to BPD called Dialectical Behavior Therapy which has proven effective at helping BPDs learn to modulate their emotions.  Hopefully, Kathryn has been offered this treatment and will at least give it a try.

I feel so bad for the Dennis-Ravenel children.  Both of their parents are awful and behave like they hate each other more than they love their kids.

Below is a link to a description of Dialectical Behavior Therapy.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapy-types/dialectical-behavior-therapy

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 6/7/2019 at 11:48 AM, heatherchandler said:

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/charleston-artist-says-southern-charm-star-plagiarized-his-work-at/article_9a7e7a6e-87ae-11e9-aa46-5f1bcc098d1a.html

She is f-ing disgusting.  She tried to taunt him and make fun of him because he only has a few Instagram followers.  She's an asshole.

As an artist... I'm kinda meh about this whole thing.  While it was really fucking stupid for the client to get 'inspiration' from a local artist to me it's more of a case of the building owners didn't want to pay $10,000 for the real artist to do it and Naomi was dumb enough to say yea I'll do it for free!  I'm not really sure the artist would have had a legal leg to stand on.  She says she didn't get paid and there's no money being made off it.   And I think it looks good (I was rather surprised) so I don't think the artist could say it makes him look bad. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

As an artist... I'm kinda meh about this whole thing.  While it was really fucking stupid for the client to get 'inspiration' from a local artist to me it's more of a case of the building owners didn't want to pay $10,000 for the real artist to do it and Naomi was dumb enough to say yea I'll do it for free!  I'm not really sure the artist would have had a legal leg to stand on.  She says she didn't get paid and there's no money being made off it.   And I think it looks good (I was rather surprised) so I don't think the artist could say it makes him look bad. 

I am also an artist and this enrages me.  I believe Naomi's parents own the building, so she was only doing it for free because of that.  I think you are right, they didn't want to pay the artist, so they ripped it off.

I think what galls me is the fact that she was making fun of him for not having as many Instagram followers as she does, so she was like, "oh go ahead and shame me in front of all of your followers."  That is seriously messed up.

She seems like a sanctimonious asshole, so judgmental and high and mighty.  Yet when confronted with her own faults, she resorts to childish teasing and taunting.

• Love 18
On 6/16/2019 at 11:48 AM, Pickles said:

Madison seems so slutty to me. She is really trying hard to be relevant.

Word around the grapevine is she dates around a lot. But it's a small town, so who cares. 

I'm not really bothered by her dating life, but she sure doesn't seem shameless about trying very hard to be a Bravolebrity. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Word around the grapevine is she dates around a lot. But it's a small town, so who cares. 

I'm not really bothered by her dating life, but she sure doesn't seem shameless about trying very hard to be a Bravolebrity. 

So true!  She's young, pretty, and single (i think) so if she wants to be promiscuous, have at it sister but she does seem to be dehydrated thirsty.  I guess she sees Chelsea (an ex of Austen) have a FT spot on S.C. so I guess she thought she should too.  The problem with that is we already have 2 exes on the show we don't need a THIRD!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 10:02 AM, Dmarie019 said:

Thanks for posting this.  Outside of Naoimi's reaction to the artist which was terrible I was wondering what legal action the artist could take considering as you said no money changed hands and it was decorative on their own property.  If you sold something like this then it would be and issue legally. However, to the other artist who was enraged I agree that her attitude was disgraceful and she should have handled that better.  She was very disrespectful to someone whose work she liked well enough to be "inspired by".   In the end, I think painting if over was the best way to shut it down.  I always thought she was  a bit snarky and mean. This confirms it.

Edited by tranquilidade
  • Love 5

Oh wow, his shit must be seriously coming apart if he’s selling the plantation.   I would think he would sell anything and everything possible before this, so he’s scrambling hard. 

GOOD.

• Love 5
Just now, DrSparkles said:

Who sold it in 2006? I.e., I thought it had been in the family 4ever?

No he bought it. It was Kathryn’s family’s plantation that had been in the family forever.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Wow, the trees around the entrance gates and drive are so beautiful.  But I look at the overhead shots and just think, that place is gonna flood early and often.  Even more often these days.

Agreed; thought the same things.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

No he bought it. It was Kathryn’s family’s plantation that had been in the family forever.

Kathryn’s family home is Lewisfield. Thomas bought Brookland in 2006. It was owned by a group of people before that. The history is interesting but it’s not Kathryn’s family home nor is it Thomas’.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Kathryn’s family home is Lewisfield. Thomas bought Brookland in 2006. It was owned by a group of people before that. The history is interesting but it’s not Kathryn’s family home nor is it Thomas’.

I meant that Kathryn’s family plantation in Moncks Corner was the one that had been in her family for generations and that Thomas had never tried to pass off his as his family’s plantation.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I meant that Kathryn’s family plantation in Moncks Corner was the one that had been in her family for generations and that Thomas had never tried to pass off his as his family’s plantation.

Oh! I see what you were saying. I misinterpreted it. Sorry.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

It’s called downsizing when you no longer need a huge house.

Downsizing, gave up polo and doesn’t need a house with stables and a polo ground, has a large kid-friendly house in Charleston, could use an extra $4 million... lots of reasons. But I do imagine those legal fees are piling up. 

I was watching a marathon of old episodes the other day. Saw the one where he hosted a barbecue for his Senate campaign and talked about how much he loved the peaceful countryside and that his house there was his refuge.  With all the legal and custody issues I guess he doesn’t see himself taking his kids there for quiet country weekends. The place is almost 60 acres so if he still wants a country house, he can buy a smaller property. 

Edited by RedHawk
Added more
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Ummm GROSS! Whit and Sonja Morgan

🤢As a fan on RHONY Sonja Morgan is my least favorite person on the show and Whit is one of my favs on S.C. so this just bothers me to no end...LAWD please let this just be a sick joke started by Patricia.

Wow, they’re only four years apart!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Ummm GROSS! Whit and Sonja Morgan

🤢As a fan on RHONY Sonja Morgan is my least favorite person on the show and Whit is one of my favs on S.C. so this just bothers me to no end...LAWD please let this just be a sick joke started by Patricia.

Sonja appears to have slept with everyone and anyone!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

She just reeks of desperation.  I thought Whit had better taste or higher standards than that.

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

She just reeks of desperation.  I thought Whit had better taste or higher standards than that.

I think Sonja is kind of a good time gal. So, if she is willing, she obviously gets lots of takers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 11:20 AM, Babyfoot said:

Danni has always been meh to me, but this shit delights me no end:

I like Danni.  I know she's quiet and normal and doesn't bring a lot of drama but I like when there is this type of person on Bravo shows to even things out a bit.

I feel the same way about Chelsea.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:28 PM, HunterHunted said:

So Naomie is being awful again.

Total plagiarism.  She should apologize and paint over it.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Total plagiarism, although I buy Naomi's response that it wasn't intentional and that she didn't know who the artist was.

But you've got to love her completely self-serving statement that she wasn't paid for painting the mural. Yeah, no one would expect her to be paid seeing as her family owns the restaurant.

On 7/3/2019 at 3:18 PM, Pickles said:

Not everyone because Sonja desperately wants to bang Craig. She's usually in the audience or on WWHL every time Craig is on. He doesn't seem willing to accomodate her. During one of those shows, she did admit that Thomas was attractive, but arrogant and full of himself, and that she'd never sleep with him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Southern Charm' Star Kathryn Dennis’ Ex-Boyfriend Helping Thomas Ravenel in Custody Battle

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/southern-charm-star-kathryn-dennis-183008009.html

Since those two a-holes hate each other more than they love their kids, I propose a solution to the judge overseeing their case.  Place the children with a loving and stable family member willing to parent them.  Deny custody to both parents and require that both Thomas and Kathryn get their sh!t together before either one is allowed to regain custody.  They will be forced to work together as a team with a common goal -restored joint custody.  If either parent fails (e.g. drug tests, serial date rape) then neither parent gets the kids.

I can understand if some might think this punishes the children, but I disagree. No matter the outcome, they will grow up in a stable and loving household- something that they desperately need but also something that their dysfunctional biological parents can't or won't provide.

Edit:  I missed the nearly identical article that Babyfoot posted in Kathryn's thread yesterday.  Sorry for any duplicated efforts.

Edited by TruffleHog
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, TruffleHog said:

Southern Charm' Star Kathryn Dennis’ Ex-Boyfriend Helping Thomas Ravenel in Custody Battle

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/southern-charm-star-kathryn-dennis-183008009.html

Since those two a-holes hate each other more than they love their kids, I propose a solution to the judge overseeing their case.  Place the children with a loving and stable family member willing to parent them.  Deny custody to both parents and require that both Thomas and Kathryn get their sh!t together before either one is allowed to regain custody.  They will be forced to work together as a team with a common goal -restored joint custody.  If either parent fails (e.g. drug tests, serial date rape) then neither parent gets the kids.

I can understand if some might think this punishes the children, but I disagree. No matter the outcome, they will grow up in a stable and loving household- something that they desperately need but also something that their dysfunctional biological parents can't or won't provide.

Edit:  I missed the nearly identical article that Babyfoot posted in Kathryn's thread yesterday.  Sorry for any duplicated efforts.

Well said, Truffle Hog. I think those two clowns have myriad issues, not the least of which is their toxic relationship with each other. This is not going to end well.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, TruffleHog said:

The only thing wrong with this proposal is that it is highly unlikely that either of them has a loving and stable family member willing to parent them. The grandparents raised these two winners, so I definitely would not go with either of them. The aunts and uncles were raised by the grands, so again, no go. How about a third cousin, twice removed that doesn't claim them?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

These poor children have already had a difficult start in life. I can’t seem to find anyone in their dad’s family or mother’s family who are willing or capable of providing a stable, loving, educated or religious life to these kids. It breaks my heart for them but that happens over and over all across this country every day. Use birth control, people!!

• Love 1
On 7/10/2019 at 10:20 PM, goofygirl said:

If Whitney's banging Sonja, there goes Patricia's hope for grandkids!  He'd be better off with Tinsley!

Hmmm, I can almost see that - she’s even from the South!

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

While the weekly recaps themselves are funny, the photo captions are always what make me laugh the hardest. 

Yeah, that's pretty funny.  I like the recap a lot.  And, that photo of Naomi as she tries to digest what Metul has said to her.  Her expression says it all.  lol  When you are in a good mood, happy, feeling positive about the day and then you have a 5 minute conversation with your man and now you are deflated, down and on the verge of tears......YOU MIGHT BE INVOLVED with a narcissist.  lol  

• Love 5