Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

I blame it on production and shitty editing. Too many people can check up on timing and events and figure out that Bravo is messing with this show, bigtime.

I do, too.  I was just being snarkcastic with my blame Landon comment.

• Love 3

Shep spent several days at the offices of the Post and Courier and has written a piece about his experience.  It's quite an interesting article as he happened to be in the newsroom on the day of the Walter Scott shooting in North Charleston and had his visit from that day re-scheduled to the day of the announcement that the Post and Courier won the Pulitzer Prize.  Here's a link to Shep's article which also includes a short video of Shep's time at the paper and his impressions:
http://www.charlestonscene.com/article/20150506/CS/150509618

And, for just a bit of fluff, here's a link to a "What's Your 'Southern Charm' Personality" quiz:

http://pnccontests.secondstreetapp.com/Whats-Your-Southern-Charm-Personality/

• Love 3

Having worked at a newspaper, I LOVE this story! Especially when he asked "what do you call these guys?" referring to the pressmen. The video clip shows that we're seeing the real Shep on TV, and how caring he is. Now I hope more than ever we get to run into him somewhere this weekend. Probably at a hurricane party, from the looks of it! :)

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm a "Cameran"--thank God! I thought I was going to be a Whitney or Kathryn--or even worse at this point, Craig!

Edited by zenme
  • Love 2

I got Pat as well.  Hmmm.

Same here.  The responses had such a narrow range, though, that I had just randomly pick an answer sometimes.  Examples:  I don't drink so I just chose 'wine;' none of those hashtags came even close to applying to me so I just chose '#SouthernStrumpet.'

• Love 2

I was afraid I'd get Landon.  I too choose Wine and SouthernStrumpet just because I liked it.  I'm more Tequila but that wasn't an option.

• Love 1
(edited)

I got Whitney and, oddly, I've lost all desire for food or sex.

However, I seem to be able to subsist on gossip alone....

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 11
(edited)

I got Cameran. Phew! Sounds right (minus the Lilly Pulitzer uniform-- I am in NY), at least out of these jokers. This quiz is like Russian Roulette! By the nature of those answers offered, I was actually getting NERVOUS that I might end up as Thomas somehow or even Katherine and I do not have time to evaluate my life like that.

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 2

Landon and Shep were on WCBD yesterday, a local Charleston station. Shep reported that Craig is living in Delaware, working for his dad, and preparing for the bar in July. Shep said that Craig went off the rails last summer. Shep said that they all like each other and hang out together. They both said that most of the response to the show has been positive. Shep indicated that he enjoyed being on the show but while Landon wasn't negative she was less enthusiastic than Shep. I only watched one clip but there are two on the website. Can't link from my mobile device.

• Love 1

Thanks babyfoot and cooksdelight for head's up and the links.

Landon's giggle was in full force (after each statement) and I especially liked her using the giggle as an answer at one point.

Thanks babyfoot and cooksdelight for head's up and the links.

Landon's giggle was in full force (after each statement) and I especially liked her using the giggle as an answer at one point.

• Love 1

Jennifer Snowden's relentless social media campaign to insert herself into the cast of Southern Charm continues to be unabated: I was there! Here are pics! Here's my head up Kathryn's ass! Look at me! Look at me!

• Love 3

So, based on my experience as BRAVO's bitch for many years now, we will know next week if the show is being renewed. If they announce a reunion it is, if they don't, it won't be.

So, based on my experience as BRAVO's bitch for many years now, we will know next week if the show is being renewed. If they announce a reunion it is, if they don't, it won't be.

According to Landon's latest Instagram photo, a meme about "not giving a fuck", she hashtagged #bravo #reunion. So I assume they are filming a reunion as we type.

• Love 1

According to Landon's latest Instagram photo, a meme about "not giving a fuck", she hashtagged #bravo #reunion. So I assume they are filming a reunion as we type.

That's good then. I like the show, but if Thomas and Kathryn are broken up I hope they keep Kathryn. I don't like her, but she is entertaining as hell. 

• Love 2

Well now the speculation begins on whether the show will be renewed.

Apparently Cameran was at the Bravo upfronts recently.

If she was at the upfronts does that mean Bravo is likely to renew?

Aren't those events to feature shows for the upcoming season?

Though come to think of it, Southern Charm didn't start in the fall did it, it's always been winter/spring.

If they don't renew, maybe they spin off with a few cast members and make it more trashy like other Bravo shows, drop the Southern Charm, Charleston society pretense.

Patricia has gotten herself quite a mention in the new edition of Vogue Magazine in a piece on Peter Copping the new Creative Director of Oscar de la Renta.  Quite a feather in her cap.

http://www.vogue.com/13257750/peter-copping-oscar-de-la-renta/

Behind the soaring ocher-columned portico of the Isaac Jenkins Mikell House, an 1850s Italianate jewel of antebellum-era Charleston, South Carolina, a cocktail party is in full swing.

The effervescent hostess, Patricia Altschul, is wafting through the high-ceilinged rooms (decorated by Mario Buatta with a flotilla of plump chintz sofas and walls massed with silhouette portraits), in Ralph Rucci’s saturated-violet floor-length coat over a spangled tunic and pants—a suave foil to the Granny Smith–green walls in her double drawing room—dispensing Southern charm and deadly cocktails.

But when Peter Copping walks in, fresh from the success of his debut collection as creative director at the house of Oscar de la Renta, Altschul throws gentility to the winds, scythes through the crowd, and flings her arms around him. “I’ve been dying to meet you!” she tells him. “That peridot dress and the peridot shoe [Look 31]: When can I buy them?”

Before Copping can answer, Altschul has spirited him into a room off the entrance gallery while she retrieves a magnificent floor-length, sable-collared de la Renta coat of paprika wool crusted with embroideries as magnificent as a Persian miniature. “It would be great if you could think of doing one of these again,” she tells him as he admires its workmanship. “It’s rather . . . heavy,” says Copping sheepishly: In fact, he is having trouble lifting it.

“It’s what I tried to do with those little evening jackets,” he explains, referring to two looks in the fall collection that reimagine the famed de la Renta embroideries in a wearable—and, yes, lighter—way.

• Love 4
(edited)

All I have to say is I love the smell of a flotilla of plump chintz in the morning.

I must say I was happy to see MB doing classic blue & white China on a lemon sherbet wall, because I did that very same thing in Mother's cottage about 3 years ago.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 1

Shep (and Cameran) are posting a lot of tweets defending Shep's attitude toward Craig and explaining that there was a whole lot we didn't see of Craig's behavior during the season.

Regardless of what we didn't see they have to understand we only see what they showed us. So even if they are justified in being such assholes to Craig to the viewers it doesn't make sense. Up until nearly the end of the season they were totally cool with him, and then the last 3-4 episodes suddenly we learn that they have this underlying hatred. If Shep or Cameran would give an actual example of "what we didn't see" that was so awful maybe we'd get it. But so far...nope. I still think they're just being dicks.

• Love 2

I hope it will be addressed during the reunion.

That would be good. I still think it's a "poor guy is getting too big for his britches" sort of scenario, and they think they can put him back in his place. Which is pretty lame, honestly. It's like the nerds vs. the jocks in high school. Who cares?

• Love 3
"Craig went home for a reason. And he's still there. He was riding a high horse. Don't know what else to say."

This seems like a cryptic message to me.  High and horse... maybe he has a problem with heroin??  It would explain the problems at work and the weight loss.

I hope it will be addressed during the reunion.

Well, maybe for Craig's sake it won't be "fully" explained.  After all, the kid's got to have a career after this.  Maybe Cam and Shep were protecting Craig after all.

• Love 1

Not likely "high horse" means heroin. Cocaine is much more likely, but it may just be they feel Craig is acting in control of his life when he's obviously not. I also suspect they got tired of his "I forgot my wallet" bullshit game.

• Love 1

Not likely "high horse" means heroin. Cocaine is much more likely, but it may just be they feel Craig is acting in control of his life when he's obviously not. I also suspect they got tired of his "I forgot my wallet" bullshit game.

Yeah. I've heard the expression high horse used when people think you're getting a big head about something, so I think it's more of his ego was preceding him. Plus the no wallet/always broke thing. That would drive me nuts too. Just because someone has money doesn't mean they're always obligated to foot the bill for friends. Hell, I won't even go on dates without knowing I have money, just in case!

• Love 3