Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Ladders / S06.E02: Lawnmower Maintenance and Postnatal Care

I got the impression that Britta's parents were really 'out there', possibly on drugs, when Britta was growing up.  Whether or not that is true, her parents did seem to finally understand that Britta was very different from them. 

Since Britta is a very black or white type of person, and she'd assigned her parents to being the bad guys, when they finally started to come around to understand her, she wouldn't have it.  She'd assigned them their roles in her life and it took years of them secretly trying to help her by bonding with her friends to get to know her better.

Britta was right in that she had stalled her emotional development, at least where her parents were concerned, at the age of 17 (although I think she may have been stalled in the parental department earlier than that).

Parents who've finally figured out their mistakes and work on correcting them later on is common.  I know this from personal experience as being both a parent and a child.

I'm glad Frankie was there to help Britta on her way to forgiveness and growing.

• Love 2