Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Wedding Prep

So the Dillards had to chaperone the future Seewalds. This is what bugs me about that. We were told that the couples make up THEIR OWN rules for courtship, engagement, etc. side hugs only, no kissing, whatever. But if they are their own rules, what's the big stink if they break one? It's because they are JimBoob's rules, not their own. How stupid do these SOTDRT edumacated fucks think the viewing public is?

• Love 15

So the Dillards had to chaperone the future Seewalds. This is what bugs me about that. We were told that the couples make up THEIR OWN rules for courtship, engagement, etc. side hugs only, no kissing, whatever. But if they are their own rules, what's the big stink if they break one? It's because they are JimBoob's rules, not their own. How stupid do these SOTDRT edumacated fucks think the viewing public is?

I don't think they actually HEAR what's coming out of their mouths. They've been spewing the same old dreck for so long, they're on automatic-pilot. About 10 minutes ago I heard Me-chelle start in on that oldie-but-goodie "Oh I can't believe I'm getting ready to marry off another daughter so soon..." OMG - there are how many people in this family now? Counting in-laws? Can't one of them think of ANYTHING new, original or interesting to say? Little Will Klein from The Little Couple is five years old, learning a new language and has speech delays to cope with, and I honestly think he's still a better conversationalist than any of the Duggars!

Edited to add: I'd sit right down next to Will on a plane without hesitation. But if the last available seat was next to a Duggar, I'd wait for the next flight...

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 11

Poor Binseewald with the allergies.  I really do think that is contributing to him seeming so spaced out and dull.  

Yay, bisquick pizzas- I love how Jana said "our own specialty pizzas".

I don't see the point of their marriage counseling with the parents- clearly, the only answers to topics such as finances, raising children, etc are already decided upon.  No debt, having all the children god allows, raising the kids in the way they were taught, etc.  It really seems boring and not-illumating as far as getting to know one another deeper before marriage. I also think couples would be much less likely to open up about their true feelings about things in front of the parents who have a huge stake in making sure they give the "right" answers.  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 7

Parents providing premarriage counseling - eeeew, it creeps me out.

So they decided to invite the wedding planner and make her babysit. Nice. I couldn't even look at those brownies, after imagining all those hands that touched them, and all the hair that must haven fallen in the bowl.

And I think they switched out the final pan of brownies. The finjshed product looked way too nice to be the batch that they were making.

Edited by NJRach
  • Love 4

Can Mechelle speak without raising her eyes and tightly scrunching her forehead? I've really been noticing that lately in her talking heads.

Poor feral Josie. She behaves like she's been raised with wild animals. Oh wait...

Do we know if the Seewalds got a "covenant marriage" like the Dillards?

Edited by Katydid
  • Love 7

Poor Binseewald with the allergies.  I really do think that is contributing to him seeming so spaced out and dull.  

I don't see the point of their marriage counseling with the parents- clearly, the only answers to topics such as finances, raising children, etc are already decided upon.  No debt, having all the children god allows, raising the kids in the way they were taught, etc.  It really seems boring and not-illumating as far as getting to know one another deeper before marriage. I also think couples would be much less likely to open up about their true feelings about things in front of the parents who have a huge stake in making sure they give the "right" answers.  

Ah, but you left out the most important aspect of the counseling - the Jim Bob approved, correct  kissing technique. Veeerrry important.

• Love 3

Gawd, Jessa and the rest of them have seen and heard their parents mucking about all their lives-what secrets do they have left to impart?

I can't believe I missed Amish Mafia for this crap.

Edited by xls
  • Love 3

Katydid you hit the nail on the head - -feral Josie is a perfect description. I couldn't quite put it to words what's so unsettling about Josie, but feral fits perfectly.

• Love 9

Gawd, Jessa and the rest of them have seen and heard their parents mucking about all their lives-what secrets do they have left to impart?

Exactly!  All of their "alone" time has been in the presence of family members.  There can't be anything left to say.  They've all been taught the same exact stuff and can't express other opinions or interpretations or they wouldn't be allowed to marry.

Is Sierra being paid or is she a church volunteer?  

1,800 guests is extremely excessive, even as a famous person with a huge family.  Just way over the top, and IMO, wasteful of resources to have that many people traveling to it and all the supplies needed. 

• Love 2

Can Mechelle speak without raising her eyes and tightly scrunching her forehead? I've really been noticing that lately in her talking heads.

Poor feral Josie. She behaves like she's been raised with wild animals. Oh wait...

Raised eyebrows and scrunched forehead - IIRC, classic body language for lying, deception.

• Love 2

I wonder how many guests actually showed up. Jill only had about a third of her invitees attend.

I think Jer and Jed might be the first Duggar males to escape puberty with their hairlines and their looks intact. I probably just totally jinxed them but I had to say it.

From what I saw of Jessa's wedding band it looked like a really nice design. It makes her e-ring look a lot nicer than it really is, so kudos to Bin. Although timelines were screwy again. Jessa said she'd been without her ring for a month and a half even though there were several scenes of her wearing it before she picked it up from the jewelers.

• Love 3

I can't believe I missed Amish Mafia for this crap.

Hey, I chose to clean the bathrooms rather than watch these clowns. That speaks volumes as to what I think about this crap show, because I HATE cleaning toilets!
  • Love 3

-I think I found the cure for insomnia by watching this show. I did fall asleep during the brownie making scenes. Do these people have any clue at all about how boring they are.

-Josie licking things before putting it on her pizza. Yuck, yuck, and did I say yuck.

-Does Anna know the difference between good and well? She drove me crazy tonight. Someone buy her a freakin' dictionary and teach her proper language skills.

-Jill and Derick are relationship and marriage experts now. Seriously... I would rather take relationship advice from a dog and his or her favorite fire hydrant.

-The look on Jessa's face when Jill and Derick were giving her relationship advice crack me up.

-Thank you Derick for reminding us about how your life has change within the last year. I almost forgot.

-The people who have been putting together the episodes this season should be force to eat a pizza Josie put together, listen to tapes of Jill's giggling, listen to Anna butcher the correct usage of good and well, help JD find the love of his life, and write the words awesome, blessing, season of life and special over and over again until they get severe hand pain.

The thing Michelle 'sewed' - wtf? She cut a square of netting from Grandma's old gown. Then she was sewing the tiny net square on the huge sewing machine. What exactly was she purposing to make?

A tiny piece of netting like that would get caught up in the feeder. The finished product was a tiny balled up piece of netting tied with a string.

With nothing sewed anywhere from what I could see.

Huh? And Grandma's hacked up wedding gown was left lying om the counter.

• Love 10

I wonder how many guests actually showed up. Jill only had about a third of her invitees attend.

I think Jer and Jed might be the first Duggar males to escape puberty with their hairlines and their looks intact. I probably just totally jinxed them but I had to say it.

From what I saw of Jessa's wedding band it looked like a really nice design. It makes her e-ring look a lot nicer than it really is, so kudos to Bin. Although timelines were screwy again. Jessa said she'd been without her ring for a month and a half even though there were several scenes of her wearing it before she picked it up from the jewelers.

Jessa actually wore a "replacement" ring for a while. I saw pictures of her wearing a round stone ring. Joy's purity ring was a round stone, so I think that was the temporary loaner while Jessa's e-ring was in the shop. (edited to change to a definite article)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Why does 5 year old Josie need to sit on the counter to make pizza? I have visions of 13 year old Josie sitting on the counter, covered in flour, licking and sticking as she bakes treats for her family.

Edited by NJRach
  • Love 6

Jessa's TH voice sounds like she's been smoking and/or yelling over crowd noise at a club. Does it sound different to anyone else? It's probably a cold but I like to think she and Ben went secretly clubbing.

Jenny is so cute. I'm sure the interest in film will probably be beaten out of her before long though. Anyone else think she was going to drop that horse on Michelle's head?

It would sure have been nice to see Grandma Duggar give Jill that handkerchief or whatever it was in the actual wedding episode. Better than the two million talking heads about how much JB was going to miss JIll. They screwed the pooch on that one.

All the oldest girls looked great this episode. Jill's hair looked really, really great pulled back with the hat. Jessa's hair looked great in the airport scene too. Jinger looked good too. More of that please.

Was it me or did Jinger look wistful in that pizza scene. It was really weird seeing her without Jessa. She must really miss her amidst the howlers.

Derick has been the biggest disappointment this side of the Jana/Tebow rumors being false.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 5

I fortunately zone out on this show, so didn't see some of the things you are referring to, like the advise from parents and JIllDill.  But I was so grossed out by the making of brownies, etc.  I would never eat a bite of food from the house.  You have to be from the same gene pool to survive, I do believe.  Gross, gross, and more gross.  

• Love 4

Why does 5 year old Josie need to sit on the counter to make pizza? I have visions of 13 year old Josie sitting on the counter, covered in flour, licking and sticking as she bakes treats for her family.

I hope someone washes that baby's hair and hands before her next cooking adventure.

• Love 1

Oh these insufferable asshats. The pizza making fiasco!

"She chopped it with her own teeth!" Hilarity ensues. Yuck yuck yuck.They definitely check out the forums. All of a sudden they have all hands on deck in the Kitchen. Mechelle looked so confused and out of her element. Trying to explain how all the jslaves are leaving and then she just kinda stared like a deer in the headlights!

For the love of everything holy, did anyone notice if Benessa or the littles happened to scan any Kleenex on their registry outing? If Ben doesn't blow that nose of his soon i will go off my rocker..lol

Poor gramma watching Mechelle take the scissors to her wedding dress..haha

They forgot the little tagline :"If every Duggar cuts a piece from grammaslave's dress...it will be a bikini!"

Anna looks as insane as ever but she really has the cutest kids ever,hey? They just seem nicer and more normal to me.

I missed the part of the marriage counseling session where JB bends MEchelle over the couch and shows them how it's done "I'll show you the ways of love, darlin. Whoopsie daisy...here we go!" (ala Dewey Cox)

I actually cringe watching Ben try to explain things in the THs. Its like watching a stutterer. You want to jump in and help cus its painful looking.

Give me strength. .i don't think i will survive the wedding folks.

And for the love of god..someone. .ANYONE..help grammaslave with that hair.

Edit: Sierra has a face you wanna slap.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 9

SewSumi, thanks for the info about the replacement ring. It totally makes sense now as to why Jessa's ring looked different in all those FB pics.

I really hope Anna slows down after M#4. Mack and Michael are so bright and engaging. I'd hate to see them lose their spark once Anna's attention is divided between ten kids.

• Love 4

The thing Michelle 'sewed' - wtf? She cut a square of netting from Grandma's old gown. Then she was sewing the tiny net square on the huge sewing machine. What exactly was she purposing to make?

A tiny piece of netting like that would get caught up in the feeder. The finished product was a tiny balled up piece of netting tied with a string.

For Grandma or Jana to put away, no doubt.
  • Love 2

How the hell do Jim Bob and Michelle think they're qualified to provide marriage advice to Jessa and Binseeewald?  My main takeaway from the "therapy session" was the fact that Jim Bob clearly doesn't believe that females can be sexual beings.  He portrays men as these feral creatures, focused only on mating, while females are delicate, emotional flowers who can't get through a day without emoting all over her husband.  What utter bullshit. 

Josie's pizza preparation.  She definitely should have been stopped from putting each ingredient into her mouth before applying it to the pizza, but I didn't think it was very nice of Michelle to basically make fun of her neglected five-year-old daughter to the cameras, saying that she would make sure no one else ate Josie's nasty pizza.  I wanted to scream at Michelle that it's HER fault that Josie is miles behind other children her age in terms of socialization, conduct, and communication.  I'm no perfect mother, but good grief.

It's nice to see that Jill and Derick are well-seasoned enough to offer their nuggets of marital wisdom to the soon-to-be newlyweds.  Derick, in particular, came off really smug and confident that his vast experience in the marital arena qualifies him to pontificate on the ups and downs of a long-term relationship.  Give me a break.  Talk to me in 20 or 30 years, guys.

Jessa's dress, Jessa's ring, Jessa's wedding preparations.  Ugh.  Let's just get this crap over with.  Next week's episode is "all about Jessa."  I can't wait to watch Michelle's carefully-worded talking heads.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 10

Josie is something of an enigma to me. There's times when she's so ill behaved and times when she comes off as normal. For example, in the TH's she often knows answers to questions that Jordyn doesn't and she also did a darn good job singing the Anthem. The pizza thing was gross but I admit I thought she was funny as hell when she dumped the flour in the bowl before Sierra finished her instructions. She knew how to measure a cup without assistance so it's like, what gives?

• Love 3

I usually don't find the kids all that interesting, but I really liked Jennifer pretending to be a sound person. She was very cute. 

Michelle: "We realize how soon some of these guys will be getting married. Or moving on to do other things."

I like how into cooking James is. Maybe at the rate he can eventually move on and go to cooking school when the time comes. I know they're very conservative, but they seem to be loosening up. Slowly. Very slowly.

(Plus I think Jim-Bob is already getting tired trying to figure out what each of these boys are going to do.)

What is that space where they had the marriage counseling?

JB: "Both of you like the physical aspects, but for the guy, that's kind of the main thing. For the woman communication is the main thing. So make sure you talk every night."

This statement made me uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. 

Given how baby crazy the Duggars are it surprises their family friend wedding coordinator never brings her baby with her. (She was pregnant when Jill was married.) It seems out of character that they don't mention the baby. It could be that Sierra doesn't want her family on tv, but then she's their wedding coordinator. 

Sierra is working with the five youngest children. If I had five young children, I wouldn't leave them with someone who technically isn't a babysitter and crow how it gives her energy, Mechelle. 

Anna was making a  baby mobile for Jill's wedding and she says Ben will be a great father when it happens. It doesn't sound like she expects them to have a baby right away. I wonder why.

I thought it was interesting the only people who went to fitting were Jessa and her friend Anna. No littles, no sisters including Jinger. Also later there were guests I didn't recognize.

This wedding is moving really fast compared to the way they dragged out Jill's wedding. I like the fast pace better. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6

I really love Josh and Anna's kids.  They are so bright.  Perhaps not even bright, but so much like other kids their age. Their THs are so much more fluid and natural than those of the Lost Girls, and even most of the older Duggars.  Josh and Anna are doing something right, so four for you, Glen CoCo.

Did anyone notice how awkward Jessa was with the little ones when she picked them up from the airport?  When Jill picked them up for her wedding, Mackynzie and Michael couldn't wait to jump on her for hugs.  Jessa just kind of let Mackynzie wrap her arms around her legs and gave her a pat on the back.  Hardly a reaction you give to your niece who lives far away.  The contrast was kind of jarring!

I wonder how Grandma really felt about cutting her wedding dress up.  

• Love 6

Did anyone notice how awkward Jessa was with the little ones when she picked them up from the airport?  When Jill picked them up for her wedding, Mackynzie and Michael couldn't wait to jump on her for hugs.  Jessa just kind of let Mackynzie wrap her arms around her legs and gave her a pat on the back.  Hardly a reaction you give to your niece who lives far away.  The contrast was kind of jarring!

I wondered the same thing.  Jessa was completely disinterested in the kids.  My four-year-old niece lives 20 minutes away and we jump all over each other when we get together.  Frankly, I think Jessa is beyond sick of children in general, given the fact that she's spent most of her 22 years raising them.

• Love 6

Did anyone notice how awkward Jessa was with the little ones when she picked them up from the airport? When Jill picked them up for her wedding, Mackynzie and Michael couldn't wait to jump on her for hugs. Jessa just kind of let Mackynzie wrap her arms around her legs and gave her a pat on the back. Hardly a reaction you give to your niece who lives far away. The contrast was kind of jarring!

Ah, I can't say much about Jessa not being enthusiastic with the wee ones, because I'd probably have the same reaction to them. I think she inherented MEchelles heart for children, but I don't think she'll do much praying on it.

>I wonder how grandma really felt about cutting her wedding dress up?

Somehow I doubt she was very happy. I honestly think she doesn't like Michelle period though. Oh what I'd give to know what she thinks.

• Love 4

I really love Josh and Anna's kids.  They are so bright.  Perhaps not even bright, but so much like other kids their age. Their THs are so much more fluid and natural than those of the Lost Girls, and even most of the older Duggars.  Josh and Anna are doing something right, so four for you, Glen CoCo.

Why did't Mechelle cut up her own damn ugly dress?

• Love 2

I was thinking the same when seeing Jessa with Anna's kids -- she does NOT have a heart for children. She hugged Anna without hugging or saying anything to Marcus and there was a noticeable delay before she said hi to Michael from a distance. Even Ben was waving to Marcus and holding his hand in the car -- no wonder Anna thinks he'll be a great father.

At the jeweler - I swore there was a cross drawn on Ben's hand with writing; does he write favorite verses on his hand or something? Also when Ben was looking at the ring alone, was the jeweler showing him the wedding band placed with the engagement ring? Bc the engagement ring alone looks so puny with a thin band -- but whatever the jeweler showed him looked like a wider band and actually a bigger rock. Or is he somehow going with a wedding band with an additional stone?

Who was that friend -- Anna?! They have friends, since when? Was this a made for tv thing where a fundie girl went along or do they actually hang - why haven't we seen her ever and why is this the first time she's been with Jessa and Ben?

Since they want their initials on stuff -- the wedding invites, that painting, the "pies" the boys made -- can't they make it so things say J + B instead of B + J?? Do they not know what BJ reminds people of?

• Love 5

Who was that friend -- Anna?! They have friends, since when? Was this a made for tv thing where a fundie girl went along or do they actually hang - why haven't we seen her ever and why is this the first time she's been with Jessa and Ben?

I want to say that was Anna Hackel?  She was seen a few seasons ago with the family and some speculated that she was for John David.  Then she suddenly disappeared, only to reappear in Jessa's wedding party. 

Why did't Mechelle cut up her own damn ugly dress?

Mechelle wore Grandma Duggar's (I believe she means her mother-in-law's) dress. She told us this late in the episode. I think during the part Sierra called "the calm before the storm" and it seemed like they were really rushing to get to the wedding. 

Edited by Temperance

Yes, that was Anna Hackel picking up the ring and dress with Jessa. She accompanied the family during the second book tour (trip to Niagara Falls, etc). That was the trip when TLC secretly hoped that Anna would deliver Michael on the Stink Bus. Another bridesmaid, Peyton Weiss, was seen sitting next to psycho Sierra during the "volunteer planning" scene at the end. She's the sister of hottie Skylar Weiss, the guy who helped Smuggar put together the bunk beds and paint that spare bedroom in DC not long after they moved. 

Wedding "counseling" happened in the new guest house. They also filmed the "Duggar outtake" talking head scenes there. 

Mechelle couldn't cut up her own dress because she wore Mary's. She had the gall to hang it on a wall next to Derick's deceased dad's police uniform at the Jerick nuptuals. 

Thank you.

Jesus, so much WTF there. Why was it necessary to cut up Grandma's wedding dress? Was she even asked? She certainly didn't seem thrilled about it. Michelle must know how to sew, right? She must have made all those prairie dresses before Jana turned 7 or so and took over. Who tries to sew a little piece of netting like that on a machine?

And Jessa is the one who is "cut and dried," right? If she's not sentimental or emotional, why would she be so thrilled to have a bit of Grandma's old wedding dress that's been wadded up into a ball? I'm very emotional and sentimental, but if someone gave me a nasty little ball of old netting and told me it was from my Grandma's wedding dress, I'd just be sad that someone cut up her dress for no reason.

I'm a little surprised to see so much hate for the pizza extravaganza. I thought it was the nicest thing that I've seen on the show in a long time. It was nice to see them all doing something together, and having some fun. I think it was all TLC driven, of course. I really don't think they do much of anything unless the cameras are rolling.

• Love 2