Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Run

When Moretti goes missing the day of her wedding, Pierce and Donnie set off in pursuit of the runaway bride. They soon learn that Kate has been abducted by a dangerous person from Pierce's own past. Now, Pierce and Donnie must risk everything to save Moretti before it's too late.

I thought they got the cancelation notice in time to make it a series finale (in the U.S. sense of the word "series") rather than a season finale, but evidently not.

So does this mean TPTB are hoping to get picked up by NetFlix or something?

Just curious, did anyone else scream at their TV when the trio left Kate's father downstairs with the suspects?

Yes (well, if by "scream" you mean being too dumbfounded to say anything). Fortunately her father didn't get overpowered and killed.
  • Love 2

I'm not even sure how I feel about that ending.  So much of it seemed very contrived.  But I thought they wrapped everything up (almost too neatly).  I didn't see it as any kind of cliffhanger. 

• Love 4

Well, that happened. Evidently I found this show interesting enough to hang in there for three seasons, but I never really loved it. It always felt like a really interesting character played really well by Eric McCormack dropped into a really plodding procedural. I hope all the actors involved go on to more interesting things.

• Love 5

I wanted a better ending for this show.  I did like the imaginary villain though.  If the show had been renewed, I would have preferred Imaginary Villain help with the cases instead of Natalie.  IV could have shown up wearing costumes appropriate to the case of the week and occasionally put on a disguise and not revealed himself to be IV until part way through the episode.  So many possibilities . . .perhaps TNT would consider doing a Perception movie every now and again.

• Love 2

After that episode, I don't see any way they can do anything with this show.  Did they ask every actor what his fantasy for his character to do was? Because I 'screamed' at the TV the entire episode. 

They could have just done a regular episode if it was too late to come up with a series finale. 

They could have had Lewicki graduate.

They could have thrown a party and invited all the innocent people Pierce has helped clear. 

They could have done lots of things, but what they did was so 180 to any of these characters. 

• Love 3

Am I the only one who can't help thinking that Scott Wolf is too young to be drinking?  He still looks like a kid.  And for some reason the actress playing Natalie looks like she's about 70 now despite the obviously extensive work she's had done.

When experienced FBI agents leave a citizen alone with a gun to hold two murderers hostage, it's difficult to believe that they don't intend for the citizen to shoot them.  It certainly did solve all their problems, didn't it?  

I actually enjoyed the end. lets face it ,if it wasn't the end.? They would have had to investigate the dead bad guys. I am happy they went through with the wedding. I actually liked the show better than most of the ones on regular TV.

• Love 1

SierraMist, I thought the last bit between Daniel and his imaginary villain made it cliff hangery.

Oh, I see.  I get that now.  Yes, as someone else mentioned he would have made a more interesting, ongoing imaginary companion (better than Natalie).  Too bad the show runners didn't see it or this series could have had another season.  Oh what am I saying, Kate and Donnie were just too boring!

• Love 1

Yes (well, if by "scream" you mean being too dumbfounded to say anything). Fortunately her father didn't get overpowered and killed.

No, I meant actually screaming, or yelling to be more accurate, which I had been doing for most of the episode.  It was the yell of "What, (your) Dad!" that made my husband finally come check on me.  Good thing he is used to me talking back to TV.

Oh, I see.  I get that now.  Yes, as someone else mentioned he would have made a more interesting, ongoing imaginary companion (better than Natalie).  Too bad the show runners didn't see it or this series could have had another season.  Oh what am I saying, Kate and Donnie were just too boring!

I was actually happy to see Natalie, up until she started in on the whole "you are in love with Kate".  The only thing I was glad to see was to have Daniel say that he did love Kate and that is why he was happy to see her with someone like Donny.  (not the part about Kate and Donny but the acknowledgement that he wasn't right for Kate)

I may just be naive but I would have thought that if Donny and Daniel had told all in the end, that Kate had been kidnapped and Tasha was in on the whole plan; Donny would have been disbarred, Kate probably let go from the FBI, and Daniel "on sabbatical"; but there would have been a spin put on the events to minimize as much damage as they could have.

They could have just done a regular episode if it was too late to come up with a series finale.

They could have thrown a party and invited all the innocent people Pierce has helped clear.

Any one of those would have been a better episode than what was shown.

• Love 1

...Any one of those would have been a better episode than what was shown.
Ditto.

...The only thing I was glad to see was to have Daniel say that he did love Kate and that is why he was happy to see her with someone like Donny....

Also, throughout the episode, for the first time I got a glimpse of what it would have looked like if Donny and Daniel were friends instead of frenemies. Missed opportunity.
  • Love 1

From the point where Donny says "here's what we do..." i was afraid the entire sequence would turn out to be a long hallucination.

And I was hoping it was!

• Love 1

Just curious, did anyone else scream at their TV when the trio left Kate's father downstairs with the suspects?

Oh yeah... but I expected a different resolution.

Have I missed previous discussion about Rachael Leigh Cook being pregnant in real life?  'Cause it sure was obvious.

If that's how they're ending this series, it's pretty disappointing. It didn't have to be perfectly tied up with a bow, but it just felt so unfinished. I guess that's to be expected when a show gets cancelled without giving the showrunners enough notice to prepare for it.

They really should have ended the whole thing with Bob Newhart waking up next to his wife, "Honey, you wouldn't BELIEVE how weird THIS dream was...."

It would have made the unresolved issues less problematic.  And it would have been funny. :)

• Love 2

I admit, I read over this thread before watching because I needed to know that Daniel didn't end up with Kate.  I really like the way they handled that, throughout the episode it was Donnie who was frantic and desperate, which indicated to me how much he loved her. I thought the season spent too much time on the Kate/Donnie 'will they get married/won't they?' but overall, I like them as a couple.

I liked the episode. It wasn't brilliant television but brilliant televison, or what I'm told is brilliant television, I often don't like because the people are so nasty. So for what this show has turned into, I liked this episode.

I wish overall the show had spent more time on psych things and less as a police procedural because I think that's where it's strength was. It was the best show on  TV for real mental health issues.  I suspect TNT told them to go more towards cop shows. TNT has a bad habit of taking what is best about their shows and removing it in the second or third season.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, and I enjoyed the series.