Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Return to Neverland

• Start Topic

MJ was indeed fawning all over Thomas on WWHL, but he didn't seem into it.

The poll went against Kathryn, the question being should Thomas put a ring on it...58% said no. Girl did not look pleased.

Cameran's right...Kensie is a beautiful baby! Loved her "do we clap?" at the christening, hahaha.

I didn't keep their names straight last night - Whitney, Cameran, Landon...men, women...huh? So ambiguous.

And judging from the preview special, I think Landon has a sister named Powell.

• Love 1

The second christening was just for TV. I'll bet the people who showed up for the first (and real) one said "Fuck no!" to bein on camera.

I think Whitney is still butthurt that Kathryn was happy to be knocked up with TRav's baby instead of his. Not because Whitney wants to be a father, but because he likes one-upping TRav and thinking he (Whitney) is a better guy and better catch than Cokey McOldRichSouthernNameWithInfluence.

So glad this is back!

• Love 3

psychoticstate, I'd fight you for my imaginary boyfriend Shep, but your screen name is putting me off that idea.

am SO hoping the "Patricia and Cooper Show" will be a weekly occurrence!

Patricia: "Well, we're going into the swamp, so we might meet some snakes and gators"

Cooper: "And that's just the guest list!!"

They are right out of "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" central casting.

I think Patricia and Whitney got between-seasons' facelifts!

• Love 1

There's not much to like about Kathryn, but I did love her Patricia impression last night.

I want to feel sorry for her since she has seemed nothing but miserable since hooking up with TRav. Who wouldn't be?   But she brought it all on herself, so it's hard to find any real sympathy.   I do love to watch her working herself up towards a good meltdown-can't wait to see the episode where she's chasing him down in the fur coat screeching like a harpie.  (Is my schadenfreude showing?)

• Love 6

I think Patricia and Whitney got between-seasons' facelifts!

Agreed. Patty was looking particularly tugged and stretched last night.  Katherine's imitation of her sent me into yet another fit of giggles.

I think Jenna did. She was all about that. Patricia as mentioned above made cracks on Ann Taylor clothing. Whitney is a huge snob. And Thomas pointed out his Loubies and Gucci etc last night on WWHL.

And remember Whitney's furnished apartment? He asked with disdain about the furniture, "Restoration Hardware?" Which to me would have been a compliment, but it clearly was not to Whitney. And then when Patricia saw the furniture, she called it a "Home Depot special." Which only someone who has her butler cart her high-end martini ice bag wherever she goes thinks that Home Depot sells furniture.

• Love 1

Anyone else get the vibe that Whitney is in love with T-RAV?

That has been speculated many, many times. I can see Whitney being very bisexual, but I think the gayest T-Rav has probably ever gotten was letting a frat brother jerk him off when they were really drunk back in the 1980's.

• Love 4

I only sort of watched last season, and I was under the impression that Kathryn was from a wealthy/"known" family. Is she not? Between Whitney's white thrash comment and the general opinion that she's using Thomas for his money/name, it seems that she isn't?

I only sort of watched last season, and I was under the impression that Kathryn was from a wealthy/"known" family. Is she not? Between Whitney's white thrash comment and the general opinion that she's using Thomas for his money/name, it seems that she isn't?

From my understanding, Kathryn's family is a known name, but they no longer have the money to back it up.

• Love 1

This was answered on page 1. She comes from two politically prominent "old SC" families but the money may have run out.

Whitney is using "white trash" and "hillbilly" for effect mostly, although he's insinuating that she's poor and uneducated and grew up in the sticks, which may be somewhat true. Did she attend college but not graduate?

Edited to add: Apparently she has a degree from University of South Carolina, where she majored in studied political science and women's studies. I think she had some aspirations to be a politician's wife and that was Thomas's attraction. Unfortunately she was too naive and he's too foolish to understand that he should have started smaller if he wanted to reclaim his reputation and political career. Both are too interested in the spotlight, IMO, to ever be serious about political careers. Thomas's buddy JD has a better chance at being a Senator than Thomas. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3

Now you, too, can have a Lewis bag to crush your martini ice. Just like the one Patricia uses! LOL!! I found them on eBay. I may buy one just to have out on the bar. In case I ever have my friends from Charleston up for a visit.

I am getting one too!  Are you the poster who is setting up the bus trip?  I am in.

• Love 2

Whitney is using "white trash" and "hillbilly" for effect mostly, although he's insinuating that she's poor and uneducated and grew up in the sticks, which may be somewhat true. Did she attend college but not graduate?

She attended U of SC, was a Tri-Delt, worked in the state legislature for a little while. I do not think she graduated. According to this profile, she's still calling herself a student there.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kathryn-dennis/40/582/6aa

Yes, I'm the bus trip organizer, all aboard!

• Love 1

I think we all need to take a bus trip to Charleston! Maybe for the apparently fictitious "Carolina Day"? Woo hoo! Visits to Shep's restaurant and Whitney's. Let's see if we can rent Whitney's loft from last season. And we'll need a boat outing (make sure to stock enough booze!) and a night at Shep's place in the country complete with a pig roast and wild boar hunting at your own risk. If we ask nicely maybe T-Rav and Kathryn will stage a 3rd christening just for us.

Thanks, Cooksdelight. I also got the impression from things I read last season that she left school before finishing her degree.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

A bus? How declasse!

It's a Mercedes bus, I'll have you know! LOL

RedHawk just because she says she's still a student means nothing. Just that she's not yet graduated. I doubt she ever will, what with following Thomas all over God's half acre.

• Love 2

His longish, rocker hair is so outdated and unkempt. He also looks as if he doesn't eat enough healthy food. 

Whitney reminds me a little of Chandler Bing from "Friends", during Matthew Perry's addiction days....there were a couple of seasons that Perry was very, very thin and looking very rough around the edges...this is what I think of when I see Whitney - plus, his talking head comments are just as snarky and sarcastic as Chandler's!!  

Not sure about Landon yet - something about her voice bothers me. It's like she speaks with both a Southern accent and a valley girl vocal fry thing. Not a good combination. 

Love Cameran and the way she interacts with everyone. I can't stand Whitney and his comments about Katherine are over-the-top. She looks so unhappy that it's not fun for me to see him (or Patricia) dogging her. 

Everyone's reactions to the second baptism were great. Shep manages to make fun of Thomas and Katherine without going to too far. He's great. 

We were in a restaurant in Columbia, So. Carolina a few months ago, and the two girls sitting next to us had that same type of Landon-style of speaking....I was cringing!!

I'm not sure about Landon yet - but she and Shep have a past, so it could be interesting!!  

• Love 3

Patricia had so many great lines that I forgot about the epic shade she threw at her own son early on, over the restaurant business. "And how is YOUR restaurant doing, Whitney?" She'd probably trade Whitney for Shep in a hot second.

• Love 1

I'm rewatching today and Kathryn uses "like" way too much. Not anyone else, but she is the youngest.

While watching last night, I felt as if I were listening to one of my sons' friends....back,like, when they were, like, in high school!!  It was, like, making crazy!!   ;-)

• Love 2

I just rewatched it and kept rewinding when JD's littlest tow-head was putting his foot in his mouth. So. Cute. I missed it the first go round. I have grown really fond of JD and his wife seems lovely. I like his little family. They're a nice counterpoint to T-Rav and the baby mama drama .

It's hard to be sympathetic to Kathryn because she's so unlikable but painting her (subliminal makeup dig) as the villan who took advantage of poor naive Thomas is laughable. In addition to being a well educated former felon, he's also been divorced once, engaged twice, travelled the world, developed shopping centers, ran a successful political campaign, ran an unsuccessful political campaign and liked the smell of cocaine. In short, Thomas is far more worldly than Kathryn and bears at least as much responsibility for their relationship, pregnancy and child as she does. Her unhappiness is palatable, not that I blame her. Again, if she had an ounce of likability I would be more sympathetic to her but she doesn't so I'm not.

I love Cameran's scenes with Shep and Craig. You can tell they like being with each other and that makes it fun to watch.

• Love 7

What I meant was, no one on this show goes around saying how many "red bottom" shoes they have.  

I agree - I think the women (except maybe for Patricia) seem to wear a lot of Lily Pulitzer, Talbots, J Crew.

The guys look like they wear a lot of Brooks Brothers, J Crew, Ralph Lauren and Vineyard and Vine.  (I know this because my son goes to school in South Carolina, and this is the majority of his wardrobe...well, not the BB, but the others....)

She attended U of SC, was a Tri-Delt, worked in the state legislature for a little while. I do not think she graduated. According to this profile, she's still calling herself a student there.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kathryn-dennis/40/582/6aa

Yes, I'm the bus trip organizer, all aboard!

Crap - she could be going to school with my son!!   I'll tell him to be on on the lookout for her!  :-)

A bus? How declasse!

Unless the onboard cocktails (or "bustinis") are made with ice cracked in a fancy ice-cracking bag.....

• Love 4
Whitney reminds me a little of Chandler Bing from "Friends", during Matthew Perry's addiction days....there were a couple of seasons that Perry was very, very thin and looking very rough around the edges.

Spot on! Add the dark (does he dye it?) center-parted hair that makes him look like Alfalfa from "Little Rascals" and you have Whitney.

Is this bus going to be filled with debauchery?

Debauchery AND hijinks!

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

In short, Thomas is far more worldly than Kathryn and bears at least as much responsibility for their relationship, pregnancy and child as she does.

Taking my response to the Thomas thread.

• Love 1

ALFALFA! That's it, I was hurting my brain trying to figure out who he looked like. It was Alfalfa or Moe from the 3 stooges. And considering his personality maybe he's more a stooge than a rascal.

I wanna go on the bus tour. I don't drink much but I can crush ice with the best of them. I'll bring my declasse blender.

• Love 3

I like Kathryn - or, at least, I find her as likable in sum as the rest of the cast - and hope she does well. If she's not exactly reinventing the reality show talking head confessional with profundity, she's no more flawed than plenty of 22-year-olds or most of the women on the Housewives franchise. I find the antipathy toward her from Whitney and Patricia rather confounding. How does a 21-year-old girl "take advantage" of a wealthy, educated man 30 years her senior who has been around the block enough times to have won statewide office? Kathryn may have been on the hunt for financial security, but, from what I saw, she was pretty transparent about it, and it's not like Shep, Whitney, and Thomas all don't owe their wealth in large part to reliance on other people - specifically, their parents as opposed to spouses (sure, they may have invested shrewdly, but they had to have something to invest in the first place). And Patricia's prosperity derives from marriage itself, right? As for sleeping with three people in the same social circle, I kind of have a difficult time believing any of the aforementioned three men would have had major qualms about doing the same back in the day or even now. In any case, I was glad to see per WWHL that she's still hanging in there with Thomas, although the nautical sweatshirt she was wearing was a surprising sartorial choice. Also: Danni's body is insane.

• Love 4

Will a butler or walker be provided on this debauched, hijinks-filled bus tour or will I need to provide my own?   Will there be a scavenger hunt included in which we look for TRav's discarded cocktail glasses throughout Charleston? 

• Love 6

Ok,I'm not religious so I don't know how this works, but couldn't they just say Elizabeth, you're the godmother now--fill out some paperwork or something? If the baby was already baptized... Oh, nevermind! That was awesome! T-Rav even used it as an opportunity to unleash some pearls of wisdom on his younger friends who need to get with the program and have a baby. Classic T-Rav! 

Is Whitney wearing an ear piece or is that just some weird random lock of hair that's hanging over his ear?

I like that when TRav got tired after playing with the kids, instead of just saying he needed to rest, or sit down, which would have been fine, he went that extra few steps through the thesaurus and said he needed to convalesce.

Oh my god, you guys are LEGIT cracking me up over here. I do declare this thread has surpassed Vanderpump Rules in terms of comedy gold.

Excuse me, according to Patricia there is also cavorting...and canoodling...and...

• Love 1

If it isn't, I won't be on it!

To Do List:

1) Google butler agencies.

2) Check EBay for the finest in ice bags and mallets.

3) Buy tequila as I do not like martinis.

4) Fly to cooks house (as I live in Seattle).

Okay, I'm ready!!

• Love 3

We were in a restaurant in Columbia, So. Carolina a few months ago, and the two girls sitting next to us had that same type of Landon-style of speaking....I was cringing!!

I'm not sure about Landon yet - but she and Shep have a past, so it could be interesting!!

I actually think it's an accent. In the preview her sister had a similar way of talking and she mentioned growing up on an island. Some of the islands off the Atlantic coast have really distinct accents. One (I forget them name, but I think it's off of the Carolinas) has an accent so think with such a distinct dialect that some have argued it makes up a language.

"Hillbilly femme fatale!"  Whitney wins reality TV genre.

We need much more Cooper.  The stories that man could tell!  

What I truly do not understand is a "second christening."  I can fully understand a change-up of God parents.  But, the blessing upon Kensington we saw was a total redundancy.  What, the first minister was evil?  God didn't actually hear him that first time?  

OK.  I Yelped Shep's place.  The special menu?  HOT DOGS.  I kid you not.  Hot dogs and tacos.  It seems the place is very downscale and intentionally so.  I wonder if we shall ever see it again.

OK. I Yelped Shep's place. The special menu? HOT DOGS. I kid you not. Hot dogs and tacos. It seems the place is very downscale and intentionally so. I wonder if we shall ever see it again.

Oh, I hope so, because of the snide remarks Whitney made about Shep not being qualified to open a hot dog stand. I would bet Shep opened a hot dog place on purpose. The comedy that will come out of his mouth about this will be a night to remember.

• Love 4

Oh, I hope so, because of the snide remarks Whitney made about Shep not being qualified to open a hot dog stand. I would bet Shep opened a hot dog place on purpose. The comedy that will come out of his mouth about this will be a night to remember.

That is exactly why he opened a hot dog restaurant. It must have been on last year's reunion show that he said so.

• Love 4

For me, being well spoken doesn't mean anything because I have known a lot of evil people who have been well spoken.  

I watched this show before watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  I think the difference is the people on the Housewives shows put it all out there, they don't hold much back.  This show they do seem to be a bit more restrained.  For instance, if someone heard that people were talking about them, I doubt they'd walk up to that person screaming and shouting.  Does that make these people more healthy?  I don't know, but it's different than most other shows on Bravo.  Also, I like Kathryn for some reason, and I think she looks better this season than she did last season.  She didn't look so great on WWHL though.

Now you, too, can have a Lewis bag to crush your martini ice. Just like the one Patricia uses! LOL!! I found them on eBay. I may buy one just to have out on the bar. In case I ever have my friends from Charleston up for a visit.

There's not much to like about Kathryn, but I did love her Patricia impression last night.

I want to feel sorry for her since she has seemed nothing but miserable since hooking up with TRav. Who wouldn't be?   But she brought it all on herself, so it's hard to find any real sympathy.   I do love to watch her working herself up towards a good meltdown-can't wait to see the episode where she's chasing him down in the fur coat screeching like a harpie.  (Is my schadenfreude showing?)

I try to keep in mind that Kathryn was 21 when she hooked up with Thomas. Most 21 year olds make really dumb decisions. I hope that she matures with time for herself and for her daughter.

• Love 2

Patricia's booze in the shoe bag is the only thing that bugged me. I love and collect Louboutins, (never pay retail tho..Im not an idiot, lol) and I thought it was really odd that they kept doing a closeup on the shoe bag. Seems to me if u are that wealthy, I would think you would have some custom Chanel bottle holder or something.

I have a bunch of the red bags, and I would feel like an idiot carrying them anywhere...

Otherwise...I want this show Big Brother style, cameras on them 24/7...or else I have to move there.

Love

Edited by Christi

All is right with the world now that I know Shep's restaurant is an upscale(ish) hot dog stand.

No Debauchery Tour is complete without Shep's weiner(s).

Everyone got a German car, even the baby mama.

A ring might have cost less.

The maintenance and upkeep on the German car is less.

Plus, when you decide you no longer want to be with the German car, it won't stalk you, screech at you or Instagram photos of itself with another, younger car.

• Love 7

Why does Whitney wear only long pants, jackets and long sleeves? I wonder if he really does have an eating disorder as was touched on last season when a couple of people mentioned that he never eats. I want to know more about Whitney and how his narcissistic mother raised him.  

• Love 3

Why does Whitney wear only long pants, jackets and long sleeves? I wonder if he really does have an eating disorder as was touched on last season when a couple of people mentioned that he never eats. I want to know more about Whitney and how his narcissistic mother raised him.

I can't remember if it was Shep or Craig, but one of them said he has no calves. This I gotta see. He may have ugly knobby knees, too.

• Love 1