Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Dissy

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

14 hours ago, MsTree said:

And that's your right to be disgusted, but I'll bet there have been other guests with equally disgusting hobbies, habits, etc. And since this is a show called the View, I prefer to hear from all walks of life...good, bad or indifferent...whether it's political or not. But that's just me😐

Yeah, probably other guests have bad habits but they don't brag about them all the time and show their kill like it's something to be glorified.

• Like 18

No more glorified than all the moose head/antlers and other carcass owners of the world who proudly display their kill on their cabin walls.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 11:39 PM, MsTree said:

But don't they all troll on twitter and/or instagram?? That's all we hear these days...and seems to be the basis of several topics.

Actually no.  Chelsea is always very kind to those who are horrible to her.  She answers with class.  Read both of their twitter feeds.  You don't have to be a member to do it.  He is a total asshole to people.  She is a class act.  

• Like 15

56 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Actually no.  Chelsea is always very kind to those who are horrible to her.  She answers with class.  Read both of their twitter feeds.  You don't have to be a member to do it.  He is a total asshole to people.  She is a class act.  

After reading her twitter just a few times awhile back I came to the conclusion that someone did a really good job of raising that girl - she is the epitome of a gentlewoman.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

(This concludes today's episode of An Atheist Interprets The Bible).

Edited by suomi · Reason: confusion/conclusion: not the same
  • Like 15

On 11/3/2019 at 12:44 AM, Jaded said:

Large game hunters who pose with the dead bodies of their kills disgust me especially when it's an endangered species. 

And these millionaires/billionaires aren't exactly "hunting."  They pay for the privilege of having an endangered animal herded into an area where a blind shooter can't miss.  This is MURDER, not hunting!

• Like 20
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And these millionaires/billionaires aren't exactly "hunting."  They pay for the privilege of having an endangered animal herded into an area where a blind shooter can't miss.  This is MURDER, not hunting!

Yes!  And I am no expert but it doesn't take much to guess that a man who is into doing something this loathsome has some pretty obvious inadequacies about his manhood that he is trying to make up for by doing something this vile, no?  I mean, to me, it's pretty damn obvious.  The guy might as well just walk around wearing a sandwich board, announcing his "issues" because it's that obvious at least to me.  I'm sure Guilfoyle knows.  What a lucky lady.  😉

• Like 18

I agree with all your posts. There are several boards I frequent on primetimer, but I think the View and Talk posters are probably most my people. 😘

• Like 12

Please do not discuss moderator actions in the thread. If you have a question on why a post was removed, please take a moment to review the Politics policy and if still in doubt, PM @Aethera or myself.

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 11:43 AM, Cementhead said:

Yes!  And I am no expert but it doesn't take much to guess that a man who is into doing something this loathsome has some pretty obvious inadequacies about his manhood that he is trying to make up for by doing something this vile, no?  I mean, to me, it's pretty damn obvious.  The guy might as well just walk around wearing a sandwich board, announcing his "issues" because it's that obvious at least to me.  I'm sure Guilfoyle knows.  What a lucky lady.  😉

I wish I knew how to link because John Fugelsang posted a funny picture of DTJ’s book. Anyone? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I wish I knew how to link because John Fugelsang posted a funny picture of DTJ’s book. Anyone? 

I just saw the "cover" - it's funny!!  I think it was made by "Good Liars".  They made faux covers and put them on some of DTJ's books in a book store 🙂  
Oh, sorry - I don't know how to link it neither 😞 

• Like 2

So I made Joy's lasagna. It's good. Pretty much back of the box of noodles recipe. Like Joy said, "It's lasagna. Anyone can make it." One difference - I browned the crumbled sweet Italian sausage and mixed it in with the tomato sauce per another "Joy's Lasagna" recipe online so no "sausage nuggets." 

Whoopi's story didn't ring true to me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I haven’t checked the lasagna recipe. Does Joy make her own sauce?

In the video I posted in Joy's thread, they show her add tomato paste to the onion and garlic she was cooking. Then later show clip with her already smashed the tomatoes in the pan.

This is what is posted on abc website. https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/joy-behars-famous-lasagna-recipe-favorite-dish/story?id=67009297

2. Make The Sauce

Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add chopped onion cooking over medium-low heat until translucent (about 5 minutes). Then, add the garlic and stir for one more minute. Add the crushed tomatoes, marinara sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Agree with other posters that lasagna has many variations depending on the person making it and the way the people who eat it like it. Kind of like gumbo. 

• Like 3

Sacrilege, I know, but I use frozen. It’s too much work. 😜. I only serve it once/yr, on Christmas Eve. My family hasn’t complained. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sacrilege, I know, but I use frozen. It’s too much work. 😜. I only serve it once/yr, on Christmas Eve. My family hasn’t complained. 

Same here. I looooooove Stouffer's Classic Lasagna with meat sauce.

When my parents were still living here, I would make my own version of vegetarian, and for me? The more moootzarella (I KEN that's no' the correct spelling!) the betta!!!😜

• Like 7

I like the Stouffer's Five Cheese Lasagna more than the meat version. I go back and forth on liking the one with meat sauce.  It's just my cat and me so purchasing their Lasagna, Stuffed Peppers and whatnot are easier then trying to make some of that stuff for one. I've been having trouble finding the larger versions that they say are for two people like the 20oz Macaroni & Cheese, two Stuffed Peppers (they use half peppers so the serving really isn't that big) and the 18oz Five Cheese Lasagna. I only have a Walmart Supercenter. Walmart Neighborhood Market and a Winn-Dixie near me. There's one other store near me that's smaller but their continuous health scores have made it that I haven't gotten anything from there in almost 10 years.

The two Walmart locations are where I'm having trouble finding the larger sized Stouffer's. Winn Dixie doesn't have them on sale often so I haven't looked there in a long time which was before I started having the already described problem. If I wasn't so frustrated I wouldn't be going on about it.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sacrilege, I know, but I use frozen. It’s too much work. 😜

I agree.  Not just the work of layering all the stuff, but cleaning the skillet, mixing bowl for cheeses, cutting board and lasagna dish when you're done.  And there are usually spatters of tomato sauce on the counters, walls & stove, so then you have to clean the whole kitchen. 

Stouffer's Lasagnas are good , but (Canadian) "Bassili's Best" frozen lasagna is even better, and available in 5 sizes, from 1-5 lbs.  They have the Italian herbs I like, a fresh taste with no preservatives, and 3-4 cheeses.   I've tried several other brands that were blah - not enough Italian herbs and a canned Chef Boyardee sort of taste.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2

Stouffer's does have good lasagnas.  I haven't seen my favorite one in years -

Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna - Freshly made lasagna noodles featuring whole grains layered with sea salt, spinach, broccoli, shoestring carrots and a cheesy blend of ricotta, mozzarella, Romano, Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Seasoned with a hint of garlic and onions and topped with golden breadcrumbs.

It was heavenly.  (Now I've made myself hungry.)

Edited by lusinia
  • Like 1

YES!  The veggie lasagna was so good!  I used to bake one of each on Christmas Eve.

• Like 3

All this talk of lasagna has made me hungry!  

There is an Italian deli around the corner from my house, I order it from them 🙂 

It is yummy!!  As well as their pasta salad.  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

3 minutes ago, pinguina said:

All this talk of lasagna has made me hungry!  

There is an Italian deli around the corner from my house, I order it from them 🙂 

It is yummy!!  As well as their pasta salad.  

I know. I want some of Joy’s lasagna too damn it! 

• Like 3

I still make my own lasagne, even for just hubs and me.

Meat sauce:

• use whatever meat (white or red meat; or both is my preference) or ground sausage you prefer; brown that and drain that.
  • carmelize an onion and many cloves of garlic.
  • spice the meat and the onion with paprika, oregano and any other spices you enjoy.
  • add two cans of diced tomatoes, which have been drained.
  • add passata, to your liking, maybe a whole jar.
  • add tomato paste (umami!)
  • add a rind from the parmesan you bought at Costco to enrich the sauce
  • add sliced mushrooms, sliced green peppers, sliced green olives, and spinach.

Cook that sauce for a good while.

Then assemble:

• Lasagne noodles first.  Boxed ones are not the best, but they are okay.  I live in an area where I can get fresh made lasagne noodles cheaper than boxed.
  • Spread grated mozzarella, then cottage cheese, then the beautiful sauce you made.  Then more mozzarella.
  • Then again lasagne noodles, mozz,, cottage cheese, meat sauce, more mozz.
  • Depending on your casserole you could repeat.  But at this point mine is full and sprinkle some more mozza on the top.

The secret of this fantastic lasagne is the meat sauce.  Which is slow cooked and has all the veggies.

i love it text GIF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Cottage cheese???  😲

I know, right?  It is old school but it works.

• Like 2

Comment about the movie Bombshell since it came up on yesterday's show.  My son and his gf got tickets to the premiere in LA last night.  He texted me that the scene was incredible, with all the limos and the red carpet and paparazzi.  He said Nicole K (and Keith), Charlize T, and Margot R walked right in front of them.  I have to wait for him to wake up to find out more (like if they enjoyed the movie) but I thought it was pretty cool!  He's lived in LA for about a year and these are the first big movie stars he's seen.

• Like 8
  • Surprise 2

On 11/19/2019 at 3:42 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Same here. I looooooove Stouffer's Classic Lasagna with meat sauce.

Costco's brand (Kirkland) is always good...a few varieties.   Lasagne used to be a staple when I was married w/kids ... then just w/kids.  Now they're middle-aged men and Costco's or Stouffer's has been my friend for 20+years.  Too much standing around making it from scratch (and I can't tell the difference).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1