Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Dissy

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

Brought over from the MEEghan McCain thread :  

Ok @GiveMeSpace and @atlantaloves I am out of the show.   I will stop it from recording.  I have felt a bit dirty watching.  Don't get me wrong I love a good fight and tension on talk shows but I can't support a show that has a panel member who is so dismissive of the other 1/2 of the country while bleating about how the left needs to understand the poor downtrodden conservatives.  I will however still come here to bitch about it.  HA!  I also need to know when there is a twitter war because I am all over that shit.  

I am all for having all kinds of political opinions on the show but Meghan has not proven to be a good representation of other opinions.  She cannot do it without being rude, condescending, or downright hostile to other panel members or the audience.  PLEASE bring on an adult full time like Ana Navarro or Tara (last name escapes me) or SE Cupp.  Or really any conservative that isn't a raging asshole that takes viewers for granted.

• Like 14

Should we have a Not Watching The View thread? Natalie-I love the Twitter stuff, too. I am not on Twitter but I read it. If this is this most important and influential political show on tv, each and every one of us is fucked. Most of the damn thing is commercials. This show doesn't value women. When I think of the women who have had abortions listening to Meghan screech about believing abortion is murder, I want to cry. Women deserve better. These are angry and stressful times. I don't want to become enraged at the beginning of every day. I want to be informed and I want to hear reasonable discussions from informed women. Boycotting the show is self care at this point.

• Like 18

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, falltime said:

. She had died of volcano poisoning.

From your keyboard to god's ear.

• Like 2

Okay that's it, I'm totally through with the View after over 20 years, but will check in every day with you guys and gals just to hate on Meee-gan and to hear the latest. But I tell ya, I feel I have to walk the walk if I am going to talk the talk. That nasty bitch is just too much for me to deal with every day. I will miss My Joy, but enough already. That crap MM pulled about those dying children did it.  Fuck her. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I have a good memory, but it's short!!!  No new shows next week ... right???

Correct. They need the whole week off for 4th of July.

• Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, falltime said:

Correct. They need the whole week off for 4th of July.

Right.  Because it's soooooo loooong til they get their whole month of vacation in Aug.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I wasn’t sure where to post this, because I decided it might take the weekly thread off-topic even if it’s in response to posts there. I’d rank the co-hosts as:

1. Joy

2. Sunny

3. Ana

4. Abby

5. Whoopi

---- (gap)

999. Dog Crap

1000. Meghan McCain

I’d honestly like to see Sunny talk to Whoopi on an equal level just one time. Whoopi gets away with treating Sunny like garbage because she has connections with Disney. Without that over their heads forcing Sunny to hold back for the sake of her job, Sunny would crush her. Whoopi would be screaming unintelligibly as the camera swooped to break. I think Sunny is one of the most intelligent people they’ve had on this show, much more intelligent and unemotional than Rosie O’Donnell, for example, and even O’Donnell made Whoopi look like a joke.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 3

I'd rank them with Ana ahead of Joy and another gap ahead of Abby & Whoopi.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 3:37 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

most important and influential political show on tv

The Most Important and Influential Political Show on TV brought to you by... "View Your Deals!"   Classy.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

On 6/26/2019 at 3:37 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

When I think of the women who have had abortions listening to Meghan screech about believing abortion is murder, I want to cry.

And maybe worse, parents...a mother who has to undergo a heartbreaking surgical procedure knowing her life may be at stake but that her near-term fetus can never survive...and some know-nothing entitled SNOT calls it "infanticide" again and again.  Unacceptable!

• Like 9

On 7/12/2019 at 11:22 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

1. Joy

2. Sunny

3. Ana

4. Abby

5. Whoopi

---- (gap)

999. Dog Crap

1000. Meghan McCain

I actually pick up dog crap every day (2 90# dogs) and it's not so bad.  I put them in this order:

1. Joy and
  2. Ana neck-and-neck for different reasons
  3. Sunny
  4. Abby
  5. That's all, right?
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

LOL -  June 8th was  Best Friends Day - and I went to lunch yesterday with mine. 

One mentioned it WAS BFD and - wth? LOL

Being BFFS forever means one rolls with it. The 4 of us went for pizza (and wine) and did a tour of our homes we grew up in - like over 50 years ago. Lot's of fun.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, falltime said:

MM's blue cards aren't enough, she needed her phone.

giphy.gif

I just saw my gif on twitter. 🤞

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

WHEW!  Looks like she's passing out.  Sneezing?   Her hair looks nice.

• Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Ladies Who Punch is getting more material in the paperback edition. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

17 hours ago, TheView said:

Ladies Who Punch is getting more material in the paperback edition. 

Is this true?  Don't make me buy it again.  I have the audiobook (free from the digital library) but I bought (2) copies of the hardback--Amazon had it on my doorstep and my best friend's the day it was published.  (I had a lot of stuff going on (life) and haven't finished either the book or the audio...egad!)

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Is this true?  Don't make me buy it again.  I have the audiobook (free from the digital library) but I bought (2) copies of the hardback--Amazon had it on my doorstep and my best friend's the day it was published.  (I had a lot of stuff going on (life) and haven't finished either the book or the audio...egad!)

See in the bottom right corner. 

9781250251985.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

We can chit chat about anything here right?

I work with a lot of right wing people who think being a straight white male is harder than anything, and that reverse racism is worse...

This board seems to be full of posters who are more my kind of people (“woke”), so I thought I’d vent about that here if it’s okay. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I work with a lot of right wing people who think being a straight white male is harder than anything, and that reverse racism is worse...

I was semi joking with a friend earlier how long before straight white males are a protected class.

• Like 4