Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

Dissy
  • Start Topic

Stah is definitely in the book. All over the book. She didn't hold back and is quite self critical.

Rosie comes off as a fucking lunatic. Both through what she reveals, and what is said by staffers of the view and her original show.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

Stah is definitely in the book. All over the book. She didn't hold back and is quite self critical.

Rosie comes off as a fucking lunatic. Both through what she reveals, and what is said by staffers of the view and her original show.

Star "self critical." I'm surprised.

• Love 5
(edited)

I am only two thirds of the way (can't muster the Whoopi parts yet), but yeah, Star seems to realize that the wedding stuff really soured people. It is sympathetic in the sense that ABC only allowed it because Barbara approved it and then was too proud to walk it back by the time it got obnoxious. As Rosie opines, "Star dug her own grave, but they gave her the shovel." 

Thought it was very telling when the wedding planner twice recommended she wave to the public on the day of the wedding, but she couldn't be bothered. She thought she was Princess Di by that point.

I think one of the MANY problems with Rosie on S10 (as wonderful as I think that season was, as a viewer) is that she was used to the way things were on her old show: From a nice studio in 30 Rock (not the dumpy studio The View had), a well-oiled machine, treats for the studio audience, conversation that was more off-the-cuff and not dictated by producers in earpieces. There are reasons why TROS won a bunch of Emmys and The View hasn't.

It also made me want to find clips of the '90s SNL View parodies!

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm thinking we'd better move "going all ___" (fill in the state) here before we get dinged on the weekly thread.

When I was in AZ we went ATVing in the mountains and white water rafting, so I'm all for going all Arizona.  Going all Indiana probably means smacking you upside the head with a Bible. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

Could you please give us a synopsis of what the book has said about the hosts? Rosie has deep issues and doesn't know how to control her demons.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Is this the place to discuss the book? Because I read it and have feelings about it! 

I agree Rosie did not come off well. The thing with her, is, even when there were times when she did have a point, and was maybe right on an issue, the way she handled it was wrong. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, spiritof76 said:

Is this the place to discuss the book? Because I read it and have feelings about it! 

I agree Rosie did not come off well. The thing with her, is, even when there were times when she did have a point, and was maybe right on an issue, the way she handled it was wrong. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. 

You can discuss the book here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I put it in Hosts professional life after that I heard the author of the book on Jenny McCarthy's Sirius xm show.  If you have it and can find it on demand, it is worth hearing.  I don't think I could do the segment justice since I was in the car and might not remember everything accurately.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

The book felt very cinematic. I can imagine at least a miniseries based on the book. I laughed out loud about Star's wedding. They should've hired Rachel Campos-Duffy in 2003 instead of Bitsy. 

Edited by TheView
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, TheView said:

The book felt very cinematic. I can imagine at least a miniseries based on the book. I laughed out loud about Star's wedding. They should've hired Rachel Campos-Duffy in 2003 instead of Bitsy. 

Oh hell no! Rachel is batshit crazy and her husband as well. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

This x a billion. She's been crazy since her Real World days years ago then married a fellow crazy person from a later season. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm thinking we'd better move "going all ___" (fill in the state) here before we get dinged on the weekly thread.

When I was in AZ we went ATVing in the mountains and white water rafting, so I'm all for going all Arizona.  Going all Indiana probably means smacking you upside the head with a Bible. 

I've been trying to think what to say about Indiana. You did well.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Jaded said:

This x a billion. She's been crazy since her Real World days years ago then married a fellow crazy person from a later season. 

I've seen her Real World episodes. 

(edited)

Wowzer. The camera caught her ripping up her cards. Four f-bombs from Little Miss Sunshine in how many minutes? Barbara was calm and measured. It was hard to catch, what did she say when Lizzie interrupted her ... "I barely started" ... ? Hoo boy, there's nothing as good as someone pulling their own covers - "It's one thing in meetings but not on the air." The twitterverse is gonna love this. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 7

Now that I have had time to think over that bombshell audio thanks to Jaded, I have to say that even though I vehemently disagree with what Elisabeth was saying, I actually was feeling some respect for her for standing up for herself for the way she was treated by Barbara ...... until she came back on air practically sitting in Barbara's lap (again) and hugging and kissing her and her little whiny "thank you, Barbara"s.  My momentary, lapse of judgement of having respect for her quickly disappeared. 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I've been trying to think what to say about Indiana. You did well.

I prefer thinking one would get smacked by a basketball, given the state's obsession with it. 😉

OMG, that audio. That was INSANE. Also: anyone want to guess that Joy would NEVER try to comfort Meghan that way she tried to comfort Elisabeth? Just saying. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

(Not specifically asked of Jaded, but:)  Soooo, they're all mic'd up from beginning to end of the show...even when they're in their private dressing rooms on break?  Seems odd.  What if they're peeing in the bathroom?  Otherwise, how did this tape come to be?

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Tunia said:

(Not specifically asked of Jaded, but:)  Soooo, they're all mic'd up from beginning to end of the show...even when they're in their private dressing rooms on break?  Seems odd.  What if they're peeing in the bathroom?  Otherwise, how did this tape come to be?

I think they are mic's when they are on stage.  EH left the stage without taking her mic off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

God, God, God, God, God, ..............shameless book plug!!................God, God, God, God.

It is funny how they mention his name, but, never behave godly.. Spare me the sermon Elizabeth and her word salad as usual made no damn sense. I am so happy that I never have to see her ever again.. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't think Barbara reprimanded her.  Elisabeth wasn't making sense. What she was saying was ridiculous.

I can't believe they have that clip.  I thought all her meltdowns had been scrubbed from the internet.

Barf x 1000. 

Elizabitch, for sure.  

" Let someone else talk" is what I heard BW saying. Not a reprimand.  

What an ego!   

Reminds me of MM in so, so, so many ways. 

• Love 9

Wait! Bitsy is religious? Who knew? Seriously, she needs to get over herself. She cursed. She didn’t murder someone. Makes you wonder who else they have recordings of and why after all these years it came out. I mean i know there is a book but why is the recording seeing the light of day? TMZ has been around forever. Just odd. 

• Love 5
On 4/2/2019 at 3:48 AM, suomi said:

My brother's kids have never once called me or my sister Aunt or Auntie and none of their kids do. That is reserved for the LDS side of the family, their mother's side. SMH. I sign cards with Auntie or Tia and refer to myself that way but it has never registered.

What do they call you?

On 4/2/2019 at 3:48 AM, suomi said:

AND they all cut across the damn lawn when coming to the front door!!!

Oh, hell no.  The nerve!  Why do the religious spit all over our natural planet?

On 4/3/2019 at 9:49 PM, Apprentice79 said:

SHE MADE OUT WITH PUCK!  PUCK!  There is no coming back from that.

This book is going to be awesome, can't wait.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

What do they call you?

Oh, hell no.  The nerve!  Why do the religious spit all over our natural planet?

This book is going to be awesome, can't wait.

Rachel is friends with Elsa 

10 hours ago, jumper sage said:

The way she and nasty ass Puck acted towards Pedro still pisses me off all these years later.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Wait! Bitsy is religious? Who knew? Seriously, she needs to get over herself. She cursed. She didn’t murder someone. Makes you wonder who else they have recordings of and why after all these years it came out. I mean i know there is a book but why is the recording seeing the light of day? TMZ has been around forever. Just odd. 

Exec Producer Bill Geddie was fired when Barbara Walters stood down in 2014.  He co-operated with this new book and gave more interviews to the author than anyone else.  I highly suspect the tape comes from him, and would be surprised if there were not more.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Alex Twist said:

Exec Producer Bill Geddie was fired when Barbara Walters stood down in 2014.  He co-operated with this new book and gave more interviews to the author than anyone else.  I highly suspect the tape comes from him, and would be surprised if there were not more.

He was fired the same day as Jenny and Sherri 

• Love 4

In the tape Elizabeth called Barbara that woman.  Not sure if Joy was siding with Elizabeth or just trying to calm her down.  Bill sounds like he scolded Barbara.  I thought Barbara was the boss ?  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

In the tape Elizabeth called Barbara that woman.  Not sure if Joy was siding with Elizabeth or just trying to calm her down.  Bill sounds like he scolded Barbara.  I thought Barbara was the boss ?  

I think Bill probably told BW she was right, then went to Bitsy and told her SHE was right. To make the peace, and get them back on the air.

Bottomline though, Bitsy made the comparison between the plan B contraceptive and leaving a baby by the side of the road. There is NO WAY that kind of statement can be allowed and not refuted. The tv audience is mostly women,  some of whom have used various  types of contraceptives.  It's a bad idea to insult and accuse the audience.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I think Bill probably told BW she was right, then went to Bitsy and told her SHE was right. To make the peace, and get them back on the air.

Bottomline though, Bitsy made the comparison between the plan B contraceptive and leaving a baby by the side of the road. There is NO WAY that kind of statement can be allowed and not refuted. The tv audience is mostly women,  some of whom have used various  types of contraceptives.  It's a bad idea to insult and accuse the audience.

I think Bill was totally in Barbara’s camp. He was saying anything to get Elisabeth back on the air. Barbara & Bill worked together for years so he knew where his bread was buttered. That said, I hope no one has any secret recordings of me talking about my boss & coworkers.  It wouldn’t go over very well. LOL!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I remember watching this in real time. Elizabeth was trying to argue her point but she was being so unprofessional in her presentation. Barbara was simply telling her that she need not get so emotional so she could get her point across. Yes, it was patronizing, but given Barbara's age and Elizabeth's age at the time, I think she got away with it.

Elizabeth is actually similar to Meghan in that they take things so personally that they take all the fun out of debating.

• Love 12
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, Cementhead said:

Now that I have had time to think over that bombshell audio thanks to Jaded, I have to say that even though I vehemently disagree with what Elisabeth was saying, I actually was feeling some respect for her for standing up for herself for the way she was treated by Barbara ...... until she came back on air practically sitting in Barbara's lap (again) and hugging and kissing her and her little whiny "thank you, Barbara"s.  My momentary, lapse of judgement of having respect for her quickly disappeared. 

But she did give her a noogie, which is weird all by itself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I was thinking about getting the Ladies Who Punch book, but I was reading the comments at Amazon and now I'm having second thoughts.  One comment said, "It portrays Joy as a back-stabbing, trouble making jerk out to get her fellow hosts..." 

Could someone who has read it tell me if the author really portrays Joy that way (or is the commenter simply a Joy hater)?  If the author really portrays her that way, I'm not putting any money in his pocket.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I was thinking about getting the Ladies Who Punch book, but I was reading the comments at Amazon and now I'm having second thoughts.  One comment said, "It portrays Joy as a back-stabbing, trouble making jerk out to get her fellow hosts..." 

Could someone who has read it tell me if the author really portrays Joy that way (or is the commenter simply a Joy hater)?  If the author really portrays her that way, I'm not putting any money in his pocket.

I like Joy a lot but she DID do some underhanded stuff to Star.

I'd also take the book with a grain of salt though. The author freely admitted he's close friends with Meghan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

I like Joy a lot but she DID do some underhanded stuff to Star.

I'd also take the book with a grain of salt though. The author freely admitted he's close friends with Meghan.

This last sentence tells me that anything negative  in the book about Joy is not true. 

Joy's long solid gold reputation among many in the business is enough for me. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 4/8/2019 at 12:01 AM, heysmilinstrange said:

In Elizabeth's Instagram post, what does "It was a battle -but not of the flesh" mean? Is that a mangled Bible reference, or ... ?

Yes.  I can't think of the reference off-hand but there's a verse in the New Testament that says "we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and...." (I don't remember the rest.)

The leaked audio was covered late last week by two local radio stations.  To me, listening to fights about The View are more entertaining than actually watching The View because I was hooked and immediately looked up the book at my library. 

I have read the book and in my opinion it was more like an Oral History of The View in details and wasn't just gossip in my view. The Barbara Section specifically talks about it. The Rosie section was chaotic and The Whoopi section is more talking about whats going on now and how ABC wanted to transform The View into another hour of GMA.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

I have read the book and in my opinion it was more like an Oral History of The View in details and wasn't just gossip in my view. The Barbara Section specifically talks about it. The Rosie section was chaotic and The Whoopi section is more talking about whats going on now and how ABC wanted to transform The View into another hour of GMA.

Is that why Paula and Sara came on the show from GMA?  Did he write about Whoopi always contradicting Paula?  This might be why if Whoopi felt threatened because of the GMA angle.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1