Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: There Is My Heart

(edited)

Bay didn't give up her life so that Daphne could go into allied health or nursing. Daphne MUST become a doctor - and all of the pressures of getting good grades that go along with that.

This is going to be one of the really rare shows, that doesn't involve the mob, men who make meth, or motorcycle gangs, where the 2 main characters have relatively unhappy endings. There is NO escaping that.

I actually think it would interesting, and would make for a really good story, if Daphne actually wasn't able to succeed in med school.  Everyone in the story acted on the same premise that Daphne, but for the obstacle of a potential felony conviction, would be a doctor and savoir of the human race while elevating the discourse on DEAF culture and access to careers for deaf people.  And we've all, or at least many of us on this board have, spent a great deal of time rolling our collective eyes because the show has yet to really counter that premise.  Historically, Daphne has been the Golden Child even while screwing up royally.  

But it would be really interesting to see both Daphne and Bay, and the parents for that matter, confront the error in their assumptions and the realization that Daphne is not the second coming of Hippocrates and perhaps all those lies and sacrifices were in service of a fairy tale they collectively bought into for naught. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3

I actually think it would interesting, and would make for a really good story, if Daphne actually wasn't able to succeed in med school.  Everyone in the story acted on the same premise that Daphne, but for the obstacle of a potential felony conviction, would be a doctor and savoir of the human race while elevating the discourse on DEAF culture and access to careers for deaf people.  And we've all, or at least many of us on this board have, spent a great deal of time rolling our collective eyes because the show has yet to really counter that premise.  Historically, Daphne has been the Golden Child even while screwing up royally.  

But it would be really interesting to see both Daphne and Bay, and the parent for that matter, confront the error in their assumptions and the realization that Daphne is not the second coming of Hippocrates and perhaps all those lies and sacrifices were in service of a fairy tale the collectively bought into for naught. 

It is MY OPINION that the pressures of getting good grades and the guilt that she will feel every time that Bay has problems with the law will finally get to Daphne, causing her to become a vile creature, HATED by both mothers and Toby but loved by her daddy, his little girl, who will spoil her rotten. I believe that she will become a heartless, promiscuous, bee-otch, without a conscience, using any one and anything to achieve her goal of becoming a doctor. She HAS to prove that Bay didn't make that sacrifice for nothing. Otherwise, she will consider herself to be one of the biggest losers of all time. When she failed chemistry, one of her first responses was made in sheer horror - "Oh My God, Bay".

It is MY OPINION, that Nacho will commit some crimes and will somehow be able to blame it on Bay. He "saw" her destroy property one time before. He will tell people that he "saw" her do it again. There is also Tank. I believe that he will try very hard to be reinstated at UMKC by telling them that Bay is a convicted felon, and convicted felons OFTEN lie - and she "lied" about the rape. If he can convince them of this, then she will forever be known as a liar and as a tramp - and of course, the people on the internet will make things MUCH worse. If this happens, she won't be able to leave the house for fear of constant ridicule, name-calling, and revulsion.

..and so many people are worried about the Bay-Emmett nonsense and who is dating whom this week, when there are SO MANY other things to worry about.

Bay didn't give up her life so that Daphne could go into allied health or nursing. Daphne MUST become a doctor - and all of the pressures of getting good grades that go along with that.

This is going to be one of the really rare shows, that doesn't involve the mob, men who make meth, or motorcycle gangs, where the 2 main characters have relatively unhappy endings. There is NO escaping that.

What do you mean? Daphne is going to wind up a legendary doctor who cures cancer, wins the Pulitzer Prize as a result, and marries an handsome European prince who fell in love with her dazzling beauty and amazing charm/kindness at first sight.

Meanwhile, Bay will die penniless and broke in a rundown hovel in some artist colony that had seen better days.

• Love 1

What do you mean? Daphne is going to wind up a legendary doctor who cures cancer, wins the Pulitzer Prize as a result, and marries an handsome European prince who fell in love with her dazzling beauty and amazing charm/kindness at first sight.

Meanwhile, Bay will die penniless and broke in a rundown hovel in some artist colony that had seen better days.

I'll "pretend" that you were being serious.

It takes TWELVE years to become a doctor - and Daphne has already failed Chem. When the show ends she will NOT be a doctor.

Bay is a convicted felon. Her chances of finding meaningful employment are rather small. Madeleine Sorrento won't be penniless but she PROBABLY will be pretty poor, especially if she has a child. Emmett Bledsoe is no longer in the picture, so there is no more need for wishful thinking that they are going to reunite,