Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6537E7CE-6AA3-4D42-A35F-19258C206ADF.jpeg

Some of you have asked for an update on Samuel's teeth.  We went through Smile Direct Club to straighten them.  Our 4 oldest had braces and Phillip did not want anything done on his fairly straight smile already.  So, it was Samuel's turn.  I am pleased with how they turned out.  😊 He now simply wears a retainer each night to keep them in place.  The entire process only lasted about 6 months.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/25/2022 at 3:22 PM, BradandJanet said:

Now why would you want to do that to a poor horse? We don't even know how Tim's Blue "Healer" is doing. The boy needs a bicycle. It's the cheapest to fix or replace, and doesn't need gas, hay, or insurance.

Of course, the overnight trip to the family reunion in Texas or wherever Jill can grift a place will be a problem on a bike (think about the "fairy" ride!), but God makes miracles happen for the Rodriguii 'cuz Jilly insists.  

A bicycle is out of the question.  Remember the bicycle crash he had when he was cycling in the woods with a friend?  I think it left a mark on poor Timbot, but I can’t remember exactly what the injury was.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

A bicycle is out of the question.  Remember the bicycle crash he had when he was cycling in the woods with a friend?  I think it left a mark on poor Timbot, but I can’t remember exactly what the injury was.

Wait, Timbits had a bike accident as well?! Jesus, that kid is a menace.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, Zella said:

I bet turkey/Turkey caused the poor kid a similar crisis. 

A lady on House Hunters was saying her adopted dog was from Hungaria.  She also claimed to run a management business (I have my doubts about that!)

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Who wants to go flying with him? 

Yeah, didn't think so. 😱

maybe there is some god watching over things since no one seems to even have the option of flying with him. timothy has no pilot's license, no plane and no money.

damn Jill really ruined that boy. ☹️

4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Screenshots

ACB25512-CDAF-40E8-B82B-638DD3382DEC.jpeg

65EF7DBF-C168-459B-BF31-48496AC41C03.jpeg

098A2716-D023-4502-ACCC-2408F4C1074F.jpeg

It looks like they got 2 pizzas/flatbreads and wings

HUNK probably ate 1 himself since it’s in front of him 

Not enough food for 4 people IMO

Yum yum right HUNK?

DA653BF9-CE88-499E-B24B-057AEFA40BAF.jpeg

Why on earth would she even think it was a good idea to post this?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

i can't even find where he has a student pilot's license. If someone else can find it let me know where. jill claimed he got his private pilot's license in 2019 i think but i don't see that either on the FAA site. i also don't see where any license was suspended or revoked for lack of continuing ed or anything.

this is the site i have been using https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

i can find the duggars and bates,  elijah, etc  but 0 results for timothy rodrigues

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Screenshots

ACB25512-CDAF-40E8-B82B-638DD3382DEC.jpeg

65EF7DBF-C168-459B-BF31-48496AC41C03.jpeg

098A2716-D023-4502-ACCC-2408F4C1074F.jpeg

It looks like they got 2 pizzas/flatbreads and wings

HUNK probably ate 1 himself since it’s in front of him 

Not enough food for 4 people IMO

Yum yum right HUNK?

DA653BF9-CE88-499E-B24B-057AEFA40BAF.jpeg

It probably all came from the freezer.  WTH wouldn’t they go to a more popular place to eat?

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wait, Timbits had a bike accident as well?! Jesus, that kid is a menace.

Yeah, he did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill once claimed that she and David (and maybe a Rodlet) were in a plane that Tim was flying. I remember my horror at the thought. I hope there was an instructor present too. 

IIRC, it was Jill, one of the sisters, and the flight instructor. There should be pictures somewhere.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

IIRC, it was Jill, one of the sisters, and the flight instructor. There should be pictures somewhere.

I think Nurie was the sister in the plane. I think it was right before the royal wedding. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I get a chuckle thinking about some of the athletes in the HOF and their "integrity" like Lawrence Taylor.  Or Broadway Joe Namath who wore fur coats and pantyhose.  Then there's know wife beater Jim Brown.  

Guess Jill wasn’t paying attention in 1995 with the ever so moral OJ Simpson.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, wilsie said:

How incredibly selfish. She's not a big football fan but instead of letting one or two of the other sons who enjoy it go instead of her.  Being so self-centered it probably never crossed her mind. image.png.59df52617aee785880153b0402e5a0c2.png

But...but she can't let HUNK go by himself. Someone might try to hit on him (or something).

Ok, I'm going to gag now.

• LOL 16

from their blog - bolding is mine. can we really believe jill waited almost a year to mention Tim getting a private pilot's license. this is the same post where she reports on tim coming home for a visit and how he fell in love with the area and moved home to live "near them"

Update on Timothy and Timothy’s NEW video! (June 2020)

Posted on June 16, 2020 by Rodrigues Family

Life is full of “hellos” & “goodbyes”. Timothy has been gone from our home for nearly 2 years. He put in a year in Washington State and then a year in Wisconsin- to study Missionary Aviation. We are so proud of him! He got a ton of schooling done and also worked VERY hard to save up enough money to have a personal pilot teach him how to be a pilot. He obtained his private pilot’s license last summer.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=4031

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

A lady on House Hunters was saying her adopted dog was from Hungaria.  She also claimed to run a management business (I have my doubts about that!)

This dog would be perfect for Hilaria!

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Life is full of “hellos” & “goodbyes”. Timothy has been gone from our home for nearly 2 years. He put in a year in Washington State and then a year in Wisconsin- to study Missionary Aviation. We are so proud of him! He got a ton of schooling done and also worked VERY hard to save up enough money to have a personal pilot teach him how to be a pilot. He obtained his private pilot’s license last summer.

Jill has a tenuous relationship with reality and the truth, so who knows if Tim ever got a license. The two years he "put in" at college apparently didn't advance his education very much either.

I am curious how and why Tim seems to get on Jill's bad side and gets shut out of her social media and the barndo dinner table. A bunch of droopy roses makes things right, however. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill has a tenuous relationship with reality and the truth, so who knows if Tim ever got a license. The two years he "put in" at college apparently didn't advance his education very much either.

I am curious how and why Tim seems to get on Jill's bad side and gets shut out of her social media and the barndo dinner table. A bunch of droopy roses makes things right, however. 

also jill doesn't remember what she has already posted.

June 2019

This June and July, he will be FLYING! Wings As Eagles ministry recommended a Christian pilot for Timothy to get his first installment of pilot training from. He gave Timothy a $ amount to come with to cover training and fuel expenses, and we are so proud of Timothy that he worked hard to save that!!

so we are to believe timothy got his first installment of pilot training in June 2019 and made it all the way to his private pilot's license the same summer? all while working like crazy to save money to pay for his own schooling?? reading this again it seems he dropped moody after the first semester and stayed in WA to work and save money. no mention of how he paid for any second semester.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3929

• Love 4
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

June 2019

This June and July, he will be FLYING! Wings As Eagles ministry recommended a Christian pilot for Timothy to get his first installment of pilot training from. He gave Timothy a $ amount to come with to cover training and fuel expenses, and we are so proud of Timothy that he worked hard to save that!!

so we are to believe timothy got his first installment of pilot training in June 2019 and made it all the way to his private pilot's license the same summer? all while working like crazy to save money to pay for his own schooling?? reading this again it seems he dropped moody after the first semester and stayed in WA to work and save money. no mention of how he paid for any second semester.

I have long suspected that Tim dropped or flunked out of Moody after one semester and lost his first job in Spokane when he went home for the holidays.

Fall 2018  - starts Moody, works for a janitorial services company. Jill claims Tim is working and going to school full time.

December 2018 - returns to WV for the holidays, home for 2 weeks.

Jan - Jun 2019 - works at an adult care home in Spokane, maybe attends Moody. I think he isn't going to Moody though because Jill stopped mentioning Moody in her posts, even when she, Renée, and Janessa visit Tim in Spokane in April or May. If Tim were still going to Moody, I think she would have posted pictures from the campus to brag about her son in college. After the trip, Jill claims Moody wasn't honest about the costs and Tim can't raise the money so he has to drop out. Plus the school doesn't use the KJV exclusively, so bad Christian college (she posted that like they didn't know Moody didn't use KJV despite the posts she made about Jill and David praying hard about Tim going to Moody because it wasn't exclusively KJV before Tim moved to Spokane).

I remember there was a brief Go Fund to Me for his "tuition," he needed $3,000. But due the timing, I think that was to pay for his second semester at Moody, not his second year. The details are fuzzy but I think it was in January or February, likely when he had to pay the bill for second semester. Jill and David donated $500.

June - August 2019 - dropped or flunked out of Moody, goes to Wisconsin. Tim writes a very smug post about how he bought a used truck with his own money. The writing style is completely different than Jill's usual prose, so for once, I believe Tim actually composed the post.

Fall 2019 to March 2020 - Tim attends Fox Valley Community College, taking classes in the aviation program, which is apparently a 2-year program.Tim seems to have a job in an adult care home, maybe met a girl that Jill doesn't approve of. In March he returns home to Ohio (Rods moved in Jan 2019), for spring break and his birthday. He supposed to return to Fox Valley, but due to COVID, the school moves all classes online and Tim stays in Ohio, apparently never finishing his 1st year at Fox Valley.

Summer 2020 - Jill posts that Tim got his private pilot's license, finished a ton of schooling, and decided to move back home, where he had already been living since March.

Edited by Triple P
  • Useful 17
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

June 2019

That whole post is a massive piece of fiction.  Moody Aviation has a website.  Anyone can access it.  There is a very easy to find page right there that lays out all of the costs for attending the various aviation programs and makes it very clear that, as the student progresses and needs more time flying more and more expensive aircraft; the fees for tuition will rise to include that cost.  The actual numbers are right there in black and white.

So, Jill's assertion that the college was somehow shady and didn't answer their questions about costs or that they were somehow given misinformation when the website was right there all along with a completely transparent breakdown of the costs based on the type of training, is just baloney.

It does sound like Tim may have dropped out of Moody in the middle of his freshman year although Jill didn't announce it until June, so he might've gone a full year.  We also know he probably wasn't in Wisconsin long enough to complete a full year there either.  So Jill's assertion that he got a 'ton' of his education out of the way in those two years is also bullshit.  Any program that combines pilot training with college as Moody does is going to be a 5 year program.  Attending for two years, AT MOST, does not indicate he made much progress at all, especially since it is after the first couple years that the bulk of the pilot's training and the costs associated with that occurs.

The fact that Timbits hasn't enrolled anywhere and seemingly does his 'pilot training' on the side, every now and then, when he's got the money or someone offers to take him up for free; seems to indicate to me that 1.  Tim was unable to do college level work at Moody or in Wisconsin and all of Jill's bragging about his great academic achievements is a lie. and 2. Tim is never going to enroll in a formal pilot training program and, hence, will never be a 'missionary pilot' with any reputable organization.

He's going to be living in the camper in the driveway and working at the nursing home for a long, long time. Which is fine, care facilities need good workers and it is an honorable profession; Jill just needs to stop pretending that Timbits is ever going to be qualified as a commercial pilot and get hired by some missionary group.  Which, since their version of 'missionary' is far less noble than taking care of people who cannot take care of themselves, is actually a good thing, IMO.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 20

Wasn’t Timbits supposed to be launching a musical career too? Poor kid is just saddled with crappy parents, minimal schooling and poor driving skills. No wonder JillR never posts much about him these days. BME and GWE have insured that their kids lives will be SEVERELY limited now and in the future.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Wasn’t Timbits supposed to be launching a musical career too? Poor kid is just saddled with crappy parents, minimal schooling and poor driving skills. No wonder JillR never posts much about him these days. BME and GWE have insured that their kids lives will be SEVERELY limited now and in the future.

I forgot about that “music video” he did. I think his keys were hanging on his belt, his phone was in his pocket, he couldn’t carry a tune in a paper bag, BME was filming with her phone, and singing “backup.” I don’t know why that video did not take off… 🙄

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3

I've worked in higher ed for over 40 years and have interacted with thousands of students. I am positive Tim was not able to handle freshman courses at either Moody or Fox Valley. I suspect he couldn't even manage the remedial courses he had to take. Most students who write at his level do not stay in college unless they are willing to get tons of help and study hours every day. These students exist, but they are highly motivated and mature enough to handle frustration. Tim has not been trained to advocate for himself and shape his future. Like JB Duggar, Jill and David have held their children back so they won't acquire any advantages that might endanger their remaining in the cult. It's tragic, but the Rodlets are being raised as unskilled labor, and it's going to be a big problem for the boys especially. 

The adult care center where Tim works seems to encourage promotions and increasing responsibility. However, Jill almost got Tim fired by posting too much information about the clients at the center. Tim was also filming his religious videos at work. Now, he's lucky to still have the job; I doubt he has the maturity, judgment, and literacy to be in management. (He also seems to have trouble not wrecking the vehicles he needs to get to work.) 

Well--Jill and David broke it, so let's see how they're going to fix it. 

6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I've worked in higher ed for over 40 years and have interacted with thousands of students. I am positive Tim was not able to handle freshman courses at either Moody or Fox Valley. I suspect he couldn't even manage the remedial courses he had to take. Most students who write at his level do not stay in college unless they are willing to get tons of help and study hours every day. These students exist, but they are highly motivated and mature enough to handle frustration. Tim has not been trained to advocate for himself and shape his future. Like JB Duggar, Jill and David have held their children back so they won't acquire any advantages that might endanger their remaining in the cult. It's tragic, but the Rodlets are being raised as unskilled labor, and it's going to be a big problem for the boys especially. 

The adult care center where Tim works seems to encourage promotions and increasing responsibility. However, Jill almost got Tim fired by posting too much information about the clients at the center. Tim was also filming his religious videos at work. Now, he's lucky to still have the job; I doubt he has the maturity, judgment, and literacy to be in management. (He also seems to have trouble not wrecking the vehicles he needs to get to work.) 

Well--Jill and David broke it, so let's see how they're going to fix it. 

Tim is no longer working at the adult care center. He is now working for an air carrier.

• Useful 11
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Tim is no longer working at the adult care center. He is now working for an air carrier.

Interesting. What is he doing for the air carrier?

I am glad he is working… however… I bet his entire paycheck goes directly to BME. 😢