Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Doesn't Esther have... twelve? Thirteen? I don't think Pris is going to beat that considering her age/ spacing.

I do think she'll beat Anna!

I forgot Priscilla is a year younger than me, (so she will be 36 this year) she’s having kids on the even years like Anna. 

Im predicting 3 more live births, so yeah she likely won’t beat Esther, but I could see her having 9kids. I do wonder if they will keep up the “boy/girl” pattern. 

• Love 1

CC Suarez on Youtube debunks mlm promoters.  Her latest video includes Jill!  It starts at about 10:45.  

Before she shows Jill shilling Plexus from the car, Chelsea (CC) says:  "Guys, I just said that I'm going to try not to comment on people's makeup or their clothes.  You all sending me this lady is just baiting me and it's rude!  I'm going to shut my mouth now."

So many comments from people saying their worlds have collided with a Fundie and anti-mlm content.

The thumbnail is also hilarious because you can tell it's Jill but CC has exaggerated her features.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

CC Suarez on Youtube debunks mlm promoters.  Her latest video includes Jill!  It starts at about 10:45.  

Before she shows Jill shilling Plexus from the car, Chelsea (CC) says:  "Guys, I just said that I'm going to try not to comment on people's makeup or their clothes.  You all sending me this lady is just baiting me and it's rude!  I'm going to shut my mouth now."

So many comments from people saying their worlds have collided with a Fundie and anti-mlm content.

The thumbnail is also hilarious because you can tell it's Jill but CC has exaggerated her features.

Made me look! 😂

rps20220127_004756.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3A15B68E-68AB-4016-B18C-12B572B69DE5.jpeg

F5C8F2CA-BF15-4AB4-B35F-E79BEBECEC70.jpeg

This actually makes me sad.  If Phillip is that studious I wish he had a chance to go to a real high school and college to help fulfill that in him. But instead all he is ever going to get a chance to study is God's word.  Also I wonder if he is so "respectful and honoring" and "thinks before he speaks" because he has seen how GWE and BME act when their child rebels in their eyes (acting like a normal teenager).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

My first thoughts on Phillip wanting Samuel to come on the trip was that A. - Phillip didn't want that much alone time with his parents, and B. - Phillip saw this as an opportunity for Sam to maybe get a whole Happy Meal to himself when GWE made a drive-thru run on the way home.

Maybe Phil has the brains and means to escape?  Probably wishful thinking, but still.....

• Love 17

Jilly also has a full on self righteous martyr rant posted today.  she has obviously been reading the snark pages about herself or her fellow fundies. too long to post here, but i can see it on her fb page. point of it seems to be no one is godlier than jilly. 

i starts with...

"Hyper Conservatism? Fundies? What does that mean exactly? It is a phrase flung around by the folks that are trying to mask the conviction felt by righteous living.

Don't get me wrong, I have met my share of Christians that all their "religion" was, was standards with no Biblical backing and perhaps even without the saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ to transform their lives. Their standards were what defined them and they were shallow. As soon as the storm…See more

• LOL 6

Maybe Phillip (and And Jonathan) will join Tim to work at the adult care center. The lawn business appears to be kaput, and the print shop isn't exactly an income producer, so what choices do they have to support a family and save to buy a house? I suppose they all can become preachers, but I somehow doubt they're going to be any more successful than their father with that. Jill has not set up her sons with the education and social skills to become functioning adults. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3A15B68E-68AB-4016-B18C-12B572B69DE5.jpeg

F5C8F2CA-BF15-4AB4-B35F-E79BEBECEC70.jpeg

Just want to point out that it appears that Phillip's 'senior trip' was to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.  This is a 30-45 minute drive from their home in Wooster.  Not exactly a major undertaking.  Then again, neither is Phillip's education as provided by BME.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Just want to point out that it appears that Phillip's 'senior trip' was to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.  This is a 30-45 minute drive from their home in Wooster.  Not exactly a major undertaking.  Then again, neither is Phillip's education as provided by BME.

per they blog they visited there before.

i do believe phiilip was one of the homeschool cheaters they caught and i would guess the punishment was severe. though the last "homeschool" video had most kids shown studying and waving to mama, phillip was playing piano. We have heard he had a heart for preaching and at some point he was aiming to be a missionary to convert lost souls in Hungary. All while shown preaching on "countries" that needed Jesus and he drew a map of some of continents. Sadly, after timbits' failure being away from mama and not bringing righteous glory as a missionary pilot, the other 3 boys are going nowhere, ever.

jill stated last year phillip and renee were doing that bible class that Nurie and Kaylee did before.

Screenshot (208).png

Screenshot (210).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

That's so cute thinking Phillip is actually a "senior" in "high school."

Breaks my heart how stunted those poor kids are.

Even sadder that he’s being taught by someone who can’t even spell “high school.”

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Jilly also has a full on self righteous martyr rant posted today.  she has obviously been reading the snark pages about herself or her fellow fundies. too long to post here, but i can see it on her fb page. point of it seems to be no one is godlier than jilly. 

i starts with...

"Hyper Conservatism? Fundies? What does that mean exactly? It is a phrase flung around by the folks that are trying to mask the conviction felt by righteous living.

Don't get me wrong, I have met my share of Christians that all their "religion" was, was standards with no Biblical backing and perhaps even without the saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ to transform their lives. Their standards were what defined them and they were shallow. As soon as the storm…See more

Talk about awkward phrasing . . . 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

They couldn’t afford the gas needed to drive him any further away. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

I really wish I could see what Philip wrote on that whiteboard next to Africa. I believe The first word is “perverted” so I’m curious what follows that. 

The first word by Europe seems to be 'corrupts', can't tell the rest or what it says by Africa. 

6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

per they blog they visited there before.

i do believe phiilip was one of the homeschool cheaters they caught and i would guess the punishment was severe. though the last "homeschool" video had most shown kids studying and waving to mama, phillip was playing piano. We have heard he had a heart for preaching and at some point he was aiming to be a missionary to convert lost souls in Hungary. All while shown preaching on "countries" that needed Jesus and he drew a map of some of continents. Sadly, after timbits' failure being away from mama and not bringing righteous glory as a missionary pilot, the other 3 boys are going nowhere, ever.

jill stated last year phillip and renee were doing that bible class that Nurie and Kaylee did before.

Screenshot (208).png

Screenshot (210).png

What religion do most Hungarians follow?

• Love 1

Is Phillip older than Sammers??  How exciting to take a trip to a museum where you know not a single thing about the subject.  

If Jill is the perfect Christian, so much holier than thou, I would love to provide her with a challenge.  God and Jesus should be first in your life, correct?  Nothing should really be focused on that takes away from your love and devotion to the Lord.  Jill - stop wearing make-up.  It's vain and you are focusing on yourself and not your God and Savior.  You are seeking personal attention and adoration.  I 100% don't think she could do it.  

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Per Wikipedia, 50% are Christian, and the largest Christian denomination is Catholic.

The Rods think Catholics aren't Christians, so missionaries must get them to the "right" version. As for why Hungary, Phillip told a story about seeing a missionary bulletin as a child and thinking "Hungary" was the same word as "hungry." It took him a few years of superior homeschooling in the random use of capital letters to straighten it out. 

I can't see Phillip or any of the boys successfully moving away from Best Momma. How will Phillip succeed in a country with different laws, culture, language, and food? I suspect he has trouble functioning in the country he lives in right now. 

• Love 8

Putting Jill’s latest babble in as a spoiler so it doesn’t take up the whole page!

Spoiler

Hyper Conservatism?  Fundies? What does that mean exactly?  🤔 It is a phrase flung around by the folks that are trying to mask the conviction felt by righteous living.  

Don't get me wrong, I have met my share of Christians that all their "religion" was, was standards with no Biblical backing and perhaps even without the saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ to transform their lives.  😟   Their standards were what defined them and they were shallow.  As soon as the storms came, those people (unfortunately) crumbled.  😢  

Our roots must reach down into the Source - His Name is Jesus Christ!  We must draw deeply from the Well that never runs dry!  We must dig into the Word of God, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.  We must not trust our "good works" to define us or lift us up in pride.  🙄

However, we also must remember not to twist the Scripture into "fitting in" to our lewd and ungodly lifestyles.  We are called unto righteousness!  

Sadly though, we cast that aside and justify our sin as....."liberty in Christ".  😬  Oh, how slyly the devil deceives us.  How tricky he is to slowly pull us into his way of thinking and justify our sin.....just like he did as a serpent 🐍 when he deceived Adam & Eve.  We are so easily convinced,  just as they were, and our sin quickly becomes "right" and those who (truly) stand for right, are deemed as fanatics, fundies, hyper conservative, lunatics, or weird.  

Don't let this worry you though, for the Bible asks us to be peculiar.  Titus 2:14 "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."  Does that mean we TRY to be weird, 🤪 - NO, but we DO try to be HOLY!  If that makes us not fit into this world, so be it.  1 Peter 1:16 "Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."  

I often wonder why the world 🌎 has NO trouble being, well- worldly.  But, Christians seem to have trouble being, well - Christian.  We make every excuse to lean in a little more into the world....bit by bit, piece by piece until we have no salty, savory righteousness left to our conduct.  😔  Ephesians 5:8 "For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:"

You may argue that you are good, moral, kind, etc.  But isn't the world most of that too?  Even the devil himself pretends to be a bearer of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 😈 

You see, we are called to DIE to our flesh and embrace a path that leads to following Christ, not the world.  I have cried tears as I watch good Christians who once sought after the heart of God on His standard of righteousness and now, they use their platform to deceive others into following the unrighteous path they now trod.  😭

When they do this, it reminds me of this Scripture.......

II Peter 2:18 "For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."

You see, when we have been taught right from wrong and we choose to turn back to sin, it is likened to a dog returning to his vomit.  It says in verse 19 that they promise you "liberty", but they themselves are the servants of corruption.  😵💫🥴  There is no liberty in that, only confusion and constantly trying to justify their sinful choices and ugly bondage!  🥺

The phrase - "liberty in Christ" is grossly misused.  God is a gentleman and allows us a free will.  But that does NOT mean He is pleased with fleshly choices and it does NOT mean that we have liberty to use it as an occasion to our flesh.  Galatians 5:13 "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh,"

May I encourage each of you to examine your heart (me included) 😬.  Where have we slipped?  Where have we embraced sin where we once stood strong and called it what it was - SIN!  What new friends do we embrace that will support our fleshly choices, rather than being a true friend that will encourage us to take the HIGH road of righteous living!  Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."  👋 

We need to love on another and help each other on the battlefield of life. 💛 We need to remember we are NO better than anyone else. 💛 

But we should NOT play the devil's advocate in confusing others around us to lower their standard.  🤥  Sin loves company, and that is often why people bully or pick on other people.  They are convicted by God's standard and don't want that convicting power in their life.  Beware!  🧐

May I encourage each of you in love!  Embrace the old fashioned values!  Stay salty!  🧂 

Remember, God changes NOT and He still likes the following.....

-Winning Souls to Christ 

- Biblical roles in the home - husband, wife, children.

- Modest apparel and women to dress like ladies and men like men.

- Women to have long hair and men to have short. 

- Conservative, God honoring music.

- Embracing children as a gift from Him.

- Standing on the preserved Word of God- KJV 1611.  

- Marriage between one man and one woman.

- Not to use His Name in vain.

-Not to live in fornication and adultery.

-Avoid divorce.

- Watch what we put before our eyes....

And that list doesn't even SCRAPE the surface of the Holiness of God!  There are so many others!  How do we get victory?!  Basically, walk in submission to the Holy Spirit in your life and don't worry what people think of you, only God!  He ALONE is our Guide and Strength!   💪 And always remember that you have a great cloud of witnesses watching you!  
Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"

Even more importantly, remember God sees ALL!    Proverbs 15:3 "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good."

We live life like it's some type of fairytale, when in reality, this life is just a TICK in Eternity's scope of "time".  Remember, there is no time in Heaven (and Hell) and the ONLY thing that will count there, is what you did for Christ here!  😉

Embrace holy living, someday when you bow before the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, you will be glad you did!  🙏 

If you do not know Jesus as your Saviour, call upon Him today to save you and forgive you of your sins.  That is the 1st step to obtaining a victorious life!  Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  

Do YOU know him?  If you do not, your destination after death, is not good.  💀🥵  

Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Matthew 13:42 "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth"

In the Battle for Souls, Jill Rodrigues & Family  

P.S.  No matter WHO you are, remember we love you, and more importantly, Jesus does!  🥰🤍

These are the pictures she used with it:

724E339B-02F9-43FD-9E6B-29D1442BFF29.jpeg

When asked about the book:

B556C293-26E9-4B40-8322-BA557E419E8A.jpeg

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Hide contents

Hyper Conservatism?  Fundies? What does that mean exactly?  🤔 It is a phrase flung around by the folks that are trying to mask the conviction felt by righteous living.  

Don't get me wrong, I have met my share of Christians that all their "religion" was, was standards with no Biblical backing and perhaps even without the saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ to transform their lives.  😟   Their standards were what defined them and they were shallow.  As soon as the storms came, those people (unfortunately) crumbled.  😢  

Our roots must reach down into the Source - His Name is Jesus Christ!  We must draw deeply from the Well that never runs dry!  We must dig into the Word of God, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.  We must not trust our "good works" to define us or lift us up in pride.  🙄

However, we also must remember not to twist the Scripture into "fitting in" to our lewd and ungodly lifestyles.  We are called unto righteousness!  

Sadly though, we cast that aside and justify our sin as....."liberty in Christ".  😬  Oh, how slyly the devil deceives us.  How tricky he is to slowly pull us into his way of thinking and justify our sin.....just like he did as a serpent 🐍 when he deceived Adam & Eve.  We are so easily convinced,  just as they were, and our sin quickly becomes "right" and those who (truly) stand for right, are deemed as fanatics, fundies, hyper conservative, lunatics, or weird.  

Don't let this worry you though, for the Bible asks us to be peculiar.  Titus 2:14 "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."  Does that mean we TRY to be weird, 🤪 - NO, but we DO try to be HOLY!  If that makes us not fit into this world, so be it.  1 Peter 1:16 "Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."  

I often wonder why the world 🌎 has NO trouble being, well- worldly.  But, Christians seem to have trouble being, well - Christian.  We make every excuse to lean in a little more into the world....bit by bit, piece by piece until we have no salty, savory righteousness left to our conduct.  😔  Ephesians 5:8 "For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:"

You may argue that you are good, moral, kind, etc.  But isn't the world most of that too?  Even the devil himself pretends to be a bearer of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 😈 

You see, we are called to DIE to our flesh and embrace a path that leads to following Christ, not the world.  I have cried tears as I watch good Christians who once sought after the heart of God on His standard of righteousness and now, they use their platform to deceive others into following the unrighteous path they now trod.  😭

When they do this, it reminds me of this Scripture.......

II Peter 2:18 "For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."

You see, when we have been taught right from wrong and we choose to turn back to sin, it is likened to a dog returning to his vomit.  It says in verse 19 that they promise you "liberty", but they themselves are the servants of corruption.  😵💫🥴  There is no liberty in that, only confusion and constantly trying to justify their sinful choices and ugly bondage!  🥺

The phrase - "liberty in Christ" is grossly misused.  God is a gentleman and allows us a free will.  But that does NOT mean He is pleased with fleshly choices and it does NOT mean that we have liberty to use it as an occasion to our flesh.  Galatians 5:13 "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh,"

May I encourage each of you to examine your heart (me included) 😬.  Where have we slipped?  Where have we embraced sin where we once stood strong and called it what it was - SIN!  What new friends do we embrace that will support our fleshly choices, rather than being a true friend that will encourage us to take the HIGH road of righteous living!  Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."  👋 

We need to love on another and help each other on the battlefield of life. 💛 We need to remember we are NO better than anyone else. 💛 

But we should NOT play the devil's advocate in confusing others around us to lower their standard.  🤥  Sin loves company, and that is often why people bully or pick on other people.  They are convicted by God's standard and don't want that convicting power in their life.  Beware!  🧐

May I encourage each of you in love!  Embrace the old fashioned values!  Stay salty!  🧂 

Remember, God changes NOT and He still likes the following.....

-Winning Souls to Christ 

- Biblical roles in the home - husband, wife, children.

- Modest apparel and women to dress like ladies and men like men.

- Women to have long hair and men to have short. 

- Conservative, God honoring music.

- Embracing children as a gift from Him.

- Standing on the preserved Word of God- KJV 1611.  

- Marriage between one man and one woman.

- Not to use His Name in vain.

-Not to live in fornication and adultery.

-Avoid divorce.

- Watch what we put before our eyes....

And that list doesn't even SCRAPE the surface of the Holiness of God!  There are so many others!  How do we get victory?!  Basically, walk in submission to the Holy Spirit in your life and don't worry what people think of you, only God!  He ALONE is our Guide and Strength!   💪 And always remember that you have a great cloud of witnesses watching you!  
Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"

Even more importantly, remember God sees ALL!    Proverbs 15:3 "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good."

We live life like it's some type of fairytale, when in reality, this life is just a TICK in Eternity's scope of "time".  Remember, there is no time in Heaven (and Hell) and the ONLY thing that will count there, is what you did for Christ here!  😉

Embrace holy living, someday when you bow before the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, you will be glad you did!  🙏 

If you do not know Jesus as your Saviour, call upon Him today to save you and forgive you of your sins.  That is the 1st step to obtaining a victorious life!  Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  

Do YOU know him?  If you do not, your destination after death, is not good.  💀🥵  

Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Matthew 13:42 "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth"

In the Battle for Souls, Jill Rodrigues & Family  

P.S.  No matter WHO you are, remember we love you, and more importantly, Jesus does!  🥰🤍

These are the pictures she used with it:

724E339B-02F9-43FD-9E6B-29D1442BFF29.jpeg

When asked about the book:

B556C293-26E9-4B40-8322-BA557E419E8A.jpeg

I'm sure the book is done. I work at a library, I should see if we should add it to the collection🙄

• LOL 14

JillR's entire diatribe is so fucked up. She's a self-righteous asshole who basically called all non-fundies devils in disguise.

"You may argue that you are good, moral, kind, etc.  But isn't the world most of that too?  Even the devil himself pretends to be a bearer of light." 

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR's entire diatribe is so fucked up. She's a self-righteous asshole who basically called all non-fundies devils in disguise.

"You may argue that you are good, moral, kind, etc.  But isn't the world most of that too?  Even the devil himself pretends to be a bearer of light." 

Really JillR only thinks of herself as holy, she knows the right way about everything and everyone. Someone posted ages ago that JillR was a frustrated preacher who couldn’t actually be a preacher since only men could be. This FB post is the perfect example of her sermonizing to all us heathens. Her random use of emojis and capitalization shows how childish she really is.

• Love 21

Jill wrote almost the same thing for Phillip or Sammer’s birthday a couple of years ago. Something like she and David gave the boy the choice to pick any of his friends to share his birthday with and he chose Sammers. As if they have any friends.

26 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Jill wrote almost the same thing for Phillip or Sammer’s birthday a couple of years ago. Something like she and David gave the boy the choice to pick any of his friends to share his birthday with and he chose Sammers. As if they have any friends.

I think as far as Jill is concerned the kids are interchangeable. Certainly they aren’t encouraged to be individual in any way, so she can say the same thing about each of her robots.

• Love 3