Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

The same could be said about a few of the Keller’s children. What does Jill think about them?

Well, Rebekah may wear jeans, but she's RICH. She has a vacation home that she allowed Jill to stay in. So she's cool 

Just another example of Jill's hypocrisy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
18 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Liberty University is both non-profit and accredited, even though its beliefs and policies are steeped in fundie-ism. GCU is a little harder. It’s regionally accredited, and students are eligible for financial aid, so I can’t figure it out completely. My niece is a student there, and my brother’s pretty sharp, so I can’t imagine him letting her go to a wacky diploma mill. 

Liberty University is accredited. The Dean of my division has a doctorate from there and my last boss got her doctorate of social work from there. Both were accepted by my liberal state college. Although, I am in Idaho so liberal is relative.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Liberty University is accredited. The Dean of my division has a doctorate from there and my last boss got her doctorate of social work from there. Both were accepted by my liberal state college. Although, I am in Idaho so liberal is relative.

I had a lol at "liberal is relative." Liberty may be accredited, but whether the non-fundie world takes it seriously is a different story. I don't know anybody who thinks Liberty is on par with a regular university. 

Topic: Sarah Maxwell does look great in her new life. I wish her the best. She deserves it after living her entire life under Steve's thumb. I do wonder what brought about the changes. 

• Love 5

I mean, I would strongly discourage my kid from going to LU, but graduates do have a degree that will be accepted by a state’s licensing board if they were a nurse or teacher. 

Topic?  Has JillR posted anything dumb today?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Nemo is a doll ❤️

A9D7576A-A6A0-4D96-8558-6B0EC0D38A0B.jpeg

He looks like a living acorn in that outfit. I want for this little guy to have a wonderful childhood, but my gut tells me that his will be the usual too-many-kids fundy crap shoot.

• Love 7

Jill is showing her ignorance yet again.  Screenshot of birthday cakes below.  Background voice asking for the cake with the 13 on it to be turned around for correct video shot and Jill turns Sophia’s 8 around as well.  Whadda ya know?  The 8 looks the same backwards AND forwards!!  🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

E8607043-D53A-4F26-AC50-F0482331CB8D.jpeg

• LOL 19

Since Jill thinks that men wearing camo & firing guns is oh so manly would she approve of the Rod boys joining the military ?

Nah...of course not. In the military they'd be exposed to wicked heathens. And...and they might have females giving them orders !!!!!! *gasp*

• Love 24

jilly also believes teenagers and school shootings are caused by evil video games and not guns.

from the rod blog

"I cannot help but ask myself why this influx of shootings has lately taken place.  It is then that I am reminded of the many times I walk through various stores and see the evil all over the shelves.  The market for video games has sky-rocketed and so much of it is just plain…………well, for lack of better words – TRASH!!  It fills our youngsters minds and hearts with a thirst and hunger for killing and evil.  Yet, the Bible tells to fill our minds with the very opposite." (2/13/16) 

Sadly a boy, that is "not a sissy" and had access to a gun, killed 4 students and injured many others in a school shooting in my area yesterday

15 minutes ago, SJC said:

Since Jill thinks that men wearing camo & firing guns is oh so manly would she approve of the Rod boys joining the military ?

Nah...of course not. In the military they'd be exposed to wicked heathens. And...and they might have females giving them orders !!!!!! *gasp*

They also would never join because they would actually face danger instead of playing GI Joe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
17 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

If you zoom in on the photo of the birthday child, you can see Phillip standing behind her. He looks so gaunt it seems he could fall over at any minute.

He’s scary-skinny.  He must fast 5 days/week.

10 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

For a few seconds, I thought perhaps Jill was being tone-deaf to post about guns in the wake of yet another school shooting. Then I remember that this is Jill, and bitch knew exactly what she was saying. She can fuck right off.

This cannot be said enough. FUCK OFF, JILL, YOU SELF-RIGHTEOUS BITCH. Children are being murdered because of manly teenagers with guns.

• Love 22

Ok. I feel dumb. I know BME stands for Best Mama Ever and that GWE is for David, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what GWE stands for. And everything I manage to come up with, fits HER rather than HIM.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, beckie said:

Ok. I feel dumb. I know BME stands for Best Mama Ever and that GWE is for David, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what GWE stands for. And everything I manage to come up with, fits HER rather than HIM.

GWE = Gut With Ears.  When Jill was gushing over the 7 foot tree ($$$) and saying they decided on it, GWE was quick to ask "Do Nathan and Nurie know where we are?"  So Nathan can pay for it?

6 hours ago, sheshark said:

GWE = Gut With Ears.  When Jill was gushing over the 7 foot tree ($$$) and saying they decided on it, GWE was quick to ask "Do Nathan and Nurie know where we are?"  So Nathan can pay for it?

Thanks!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Annb67 said:

With the BB guns with orange tips. Ok Jan. 

I was just coming to post this. What moron she is

ETA: I wonder if the reason for all of the different woods in the addition is that they were shopping closeout and all that was available were various odds and ends, not enough of any one thing

Edited by Insert Username
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

You know Nathan pays for everything. He should tell his in laws to F off! 

I'd feel sorry for him, but he's a grown man with a wife and child. He already has what he wanted most from the Rod family and Nurie is never going to divorce him no matter what he does, so he's free to stop the grift if it really bothers him.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Insert Username said:

ETA: I wonder if the reason for all of the different woods in the addition is that they were shopping closeout and all that was available were various odds and ends, not enough of any one thing

That's my theory.  Someone else found the furniture in Big Lots ads.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, crazy8s said:

jilly also believes teenagers and school shootings are caused by evil video games and not guns.

from the rod blog

"I cannot help but ask myself why this influx of shootings has lately taken place.  It is then that I am reminded of the many times I walk through various stores and see the evil all over the shelves.  The market for video games has sky-rocketed and so much of it is just plain…………well, for lack of better words – TRASH!!  It fills our youngsters minds and hearts with a thirst and hunger for killing and evil.  Yet, the Bible tells to fill our minds with the very opposite." (2/13/16) 

Sadly a boy, that is "not a sissy" and had access to a gun, killed 4 students and injured many others in a school shooting in my area yesterday

You must be in my area. 

The bible has more killing and evil than anything I've ever seen. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Nurie have extensions? Her hair looks pretty and very healthy in those pics.

Her hair does look amazing. Whatever she did (new style or extensions), I’m glad she took time to do something for herself as a new mom. That’s hard under the best of circumstances. 

• Love 16

I really wish I could be a fly on the wall of a Keller family gathering (that doesn't include Nurie).  How do they feel about JRod and the broadcasting of Nathan's new life with impunity? I know it's also her daughter's life, but this latest announcement about  his new profession is not hers to make.  At all.  Ma and Pa Keller may not have SM, but others in the family do.  I don't follow any of these folks, so maybe other Kellers are posting about Nurthan and I just don't know about it.

Has JRod been anointed as their official SM spokesperson or what?

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Nathan probably went this path in response to his brother David getting married. He no longer has someone to run the lawn mowing business with, especially since David is in Arkansas.

But, is he going to be able to support himself and Nurie and the baby on his pastor's salary?  It seems like most of the pastors in their faith have full time work in addition to pastoral work because their congregations are small and cannot support them.

Nathan has to have some sort of side hustle in addition to being pastor, it seems likely that he is still doing lawn care.

• Love 16