Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

And she'll pick timid, unassertive girls who are easy to bully.

I can't imagine being married to one of the boys (if they ever succeed in finding a girl) and having that harridan as a MIL. I complain about my narcissist MIL, but she's NOTHING compared to Jill. 

• Love 18

I wonder what fundie family would marry one of their daughters to a Rod son anyway. So far Tim has floundered around in and quickly out of higher education, with some kind of job or jobs. How old is he? Nathan Keller didn't marry until his, what, mid-20s after he and his bro got their lawn care biz going. It's going to be awhile before Tim or Sammers or Philip will be in a position to support a wife. I'd hope that fundie parents would be looking for that before marrying off a daughter to anybody. 

Also, it will be interesting to see if Jonathon (sp?) makes any return appearances in JillR's social media for the Christmas holidays. The SM blitz she subjected him to a few weeks ago was crazy. I wonder if once he got safely back to Mississippi, he had second and third thoughts about signing on as her second son-in-law. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

We haven't heard one peep about Jonny-Boy since that week he spent (both figuratively and literally I presume $$$) with The Rods.

He's scheduled to preach at a church in MS on either 12/30 or 12/31. I bet the Rods hit that before heading to FL for their annual Winter Grift. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 1

I thought someone posted he was going to sell his equipment. However, I think he's still working at the adult care center. After Jill posted his comments about some of the residents being "not all there" and maybe Tim's making his videos in the recreation room, I'm sure the conditions of his employment are very strict now. Jill needs the money, so she's cooperating. I'd like to see him move to Florida and be part of Nathan's business unless Nathan has a sibling who wants the partnership. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I thought someone posted he was going to sell his equipment. However, I think he's still working at the adult care center. After Jill posted his comments about some of the residents being "not all there" and maybe Tim's making his videos in the recreation room, I'm sure the conditions of his employment are very strict now. Jill needs the money, so she's cooperating. I'd like to see him move to Florida and be part of Nathan's business unless Nathan has a sibling who wants the partnership. 

Nathan's sibling/partner just moved to AR. It would be a good opportunity for Timbits.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe working in prison ministry with Pa Reber?

I think Pa Reber's prison ministry isn't a paying job. A few months ago when the Rebers popped up on our radar because of the Josh hearing, I looked up Pa Reber. He was shown as having a real job with the VA, some kind of technician in the medical field*, IIRC. I think his prison ministry is a side gig for the glory of Jesus, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had been severely curtailed during the pandemic since it involved I assume on-site visiting.

*Now that could have been the Reber's son but I think it was the dad. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think Pa Reber's prison ministry isn't a paying job. A few months ago when the Rebers popped up on our radar because of the Josh hearing, I looked up Pa Reber. He was shown as having a real job with the VA, some kind of technician in the medical field*, IIRC. I think his prison ministry is a side gig for the glory of Jesus, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had been severely curtailed during the pandemic since it involved I assume on-site visiting.

*Now that could have been the Reber's son but I think it was the dad. 

Yeah during the bond hearing, it was reported that the dad works for the VA and his prison ministry is strictly volunteer. I don't know that I've ever seen any info on what his son does. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I believe Lemuel is co-director and "professional content creator" for the Freedomist group. His wife is communication director for the lt gov of arkansas, I think.

Lemuel's paying job is as an engineer. The Freedomist stuff is side hustle.

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I believe Lemuel is co-director and "professional content creator" for the Freedomist group. His wife is communication director for the lt gov of arkansas, I think.

Did Lemuel and his wife attend the recent wedding? I think they live in the Little Rock area, so not local but not that far away.

28 minutes ago, Boston said:

All her sons are NERDS, let's be real about it.  She is NEVER getting rid of them.. just  ugh.

IMO, nerds rule and the Rod boys don't really fit the definition. But regardless of their seemingly bland personalities, they need to be able to support a family. So unless they get steady incomes, they're shit out of luck.

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

IMO, nerds rule and the Rod boys don't really fit the definition. But regardless of their seemingly bland personalities, they need to be able to support a family. So unless they get steady incomes, they're shit out of luck.

I agree, nerds rule. The Rod boys are just guys with very little going for them. "Nerd" would be a huge step up for any of them - which they're unlikely to make. Sad. I agree that they'd better figure out how to support themselves, their precious Best Mama Ever, and a wife and family. Actually per their mother's rules I'm sure the priorities are to support (1) Best Mama Ever, (2) themselves, and (3) a wife and kids. 

• Love 8

The Rod boys are the opposite of nerds. Nerds are smart. None of the Rods can claim special intelligence. Of course, had the kids been given a decent education, the older ones might be showing special talents by now. But alas, their education and opportunities have been non-existent.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Are any of the Rod boys of college age? I wonder if higher education won’t be an option after Tim’s spectacular failure.

I’m sure Jill will use Tim’s experience as proof that the other boys shouldn’t stray from mama’s sight. Between whatever happened at the first school (I think he probably wasn’t academically prepared, even with remedial classes) and the second school (speculation that he met a girl), Jill has plenty of “reasons” to keep the rest of them at home.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree.

• Love 3

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell and her husband John took their very small children to Branson, Missouri to see a concert. Here is her blog post.

On the minus side, I doubt Chelsy is vaccinated and her kids are too young. Stay home during the Pandemic.

On the plus side, it seems the concert may have included secular music. Also Chelsy ran into her sister-in-law Sarah, who looks happy. She moved out earlier this year and seems to enjoy living on her own.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I love how she put her majors in quotes.... subconsciously acknowledging their illegitimacy?

Are her two colleges both unaccredited?  If so, can you imagine the waste of money and time?

• Love 7

Maybe Jill won't mind if the boys stay around. They aren't competition like the younger, prettier daughters are. The sons can lavish attention and their meager earnings on Best Momma Ever. 

I think the girl Tim met in Wisconsin was at a place he was working. I'm sure he had as much trouble with academics at Fox Valley as he did at Moody Bible, maybe more. At least the private flying lessons  worked out, even though he doesn't seem to have any opportunities to use them now. 

• Love 4

OMG Grand Canyon University. I had a student who was in a distance program through them and I had to sit through the most annoying 90 minute proselytising video program before I could work with her. I have worked with many universities and nobody has ever done this. I will no longer accept students from there.

Also the instructor conducted weekly meetings with both of us WHILE DRIVING.

I believe they are still a for-profit school also (in 2017 they were denied by Arizona for non-profit status, might have changed since then but I got bored.)

And yea that woman won't ever use her "degrees" since Lawson will support her with the swag he sells and his "singing", right?? 

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m sure Jill will use Tim’s experience as proof that the other boys shouldn’t stray from mama’s sight. Between whatever happened at the first school (I think he probably wasn’t academically prepared, even with remedial classes) and the second school (speculation that he met a girl), Jill has plenty of “reasons” to keep the rest of them at home.

Ma and Pa Rodrigues are in a right pickle when it comes to the boy Rodlets.  Deep down Jill knows she and David cannot afford to let them stay in their home indefinitely, but how can she keep them under her thumb if they leave.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

Since they’re near an Amish community, I’d love to see one of her kids marry into the community. Wouldn’t it drive Jill crazy if she wasn’t allowed to take a picture of one of her grandchildren, let alone post it. 

Like that would stop her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

I love how she put her majors in quotes.... subconsciously acknowledging their illegitimacy?

That is bizarre! She has a masters degree but still doesn’t know how quotations work?

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

That is bizarre! She has a masters degree but still doesn’t know how quotations work?

"Come for the 7 mountain philosophy and NEVER mind about that liberal punctuation."

I think that's on the brochure.

• LOL 23
2 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Do you think Jill is feeling high and mighty now that all that Duggar dirty laundry is out in the open?

Jill has already shaded the Duggars on her SM. All that crap about children not following their parent's path and leading sinful, pants-wearing lives. 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Temperance said:

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell and her husband John took their very small children to Branson, Missouri to see a concert. Here is her blog post.

On the minus side, I doubt Chelsy is vaccinated and her kids are too young. Stay home during the Pandemic.

On the plus side, it seems the concert may have included secular music. Also Chelsy ran into her sister-in-law Sarah, who looks happy. She moved out earlier this year and seems to enjoy living on her own.

Holy crap, Steve Maxwell ALLOWED his nearly-40 daughter Sarah to move out?! 

Seriously, good for Sarah. I hope she took her pets with her, as well as all money she's earned. 

ETA: And she's wearing pants in the photo! Did hell freeze over or something? 

Edited by Heathen
A shocking observation about Sarah Maxwell
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill has already shaded the Duggars on her SM. All that crap about children not following their parent's path and leading sinful, pants-wearing lives. 🙄

Oh I see, it's all the fault of those pesky pants wearing women.

44 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Holy crap, Steve Maxwell ALLOWED his nearly-40 daughter Sarah to move out?! 

Seriously, good for Sarah. I hope she took her pets with her, as well as all money she's earned. 

ETA: And she's wearing pants in the photo! Did hell freeze over or something? 

Sarah looks great!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, louannems said:

Are her two colleges both unaccredited?  If so, can you imagine the waste of money and time?

Liberty University is both non-profit and accredited, even though its beliefs and policies are steeped in fundie-ism. GCU is a little harder. It’s regionally accredited, and students are eligible for financial aid, so I can’t figure it out completely. My niece is a student there, and my brother’s pretty sharp, so I can’t imagine him letting her go to a wacky diploma mill. 

ETA: I can’t believe that Chelsey took her preemie whose adjusted age is only about two months to a concert in Branson. I get that she thinks Covid is no big deal, but has she heard of RSV?  That baby could be right back in the hospital. 

Edited by irisheyes
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The same could be said about a few of the Keller’s children. What does Jill think about them?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3