Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Well, Jill certainly showed up those Duggar people.  In addition to her own large open space for entertaining crowds she even had Thanksgiving themed paper plates and cups!  The Duggars always use plain old white paper plates~

She’s so fancy.

• LOL 17

IMO, there is something seriously wrong with that little daughter who still seems to need to suck dirty fabric cloths. I noticed in both photos, she was doing that. Why can't these people see that there is something going on there...and it's not a positive habit. (I can't remember this little girl's name.)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I honestly never knew grape pies were even a thing.

They are very popular in the Chatauqua area in western New York where there are huge vineyards full of grapes, Welch's is a big presence.  Homemade grape pie is really delish.

• Useful 12
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Both are my favorite 😻! I can eat them every day.

I do eat pickles every day since I have a potassium deficiency. I‘d never heard of them at Thanksgiving, but I’m from a different culture. Lord knows those of us from Cajun Country have have unique traditions. 

• Useful 3
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Flashback to a tour of their house in West Virginia :

Part 1

Part 2

Jill is a grifter extraordinaire.  I mean, how many people are able to grift a house?!?!  I think it’s in the first video that we see Timmy.  Pay attention, because I don’t think I’ve ever seen circles that dark under anyone’s eyes before.  Being rail thin, along with the god awful under eye circles, makes him look like he’s at death’s door, just like Sofia, Sadie and Phillip look now.  As for the home, same crap, different house.

11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill is a grifter extraordinaire.  I mean, how many people are able to grift a house?!?!  I think it’s in the first video that we see Timmy.  Pay attention, because I don’t think I’ve ever seen circles that dark under anyone’s eyes before.  Being rail thin, along with the god awful under eye circles, makes him look like he’s at death’s door, just like Sofia, Sadie and Phillip look now.  As for the home, same crap, different house.

Oh my goodness. First video, a couple of shots of Tim, between 8:25 and 8:40 (ish). WOW, the dark circles are the worst I've seen.

6 hours ago, floridamom said:

IMO, there is something seriously wrong with that little daughter who still seems to need to suck dirty fabric cloths. I noticed in both photos, she was doing that. Why can't these people see that there is something going on there...and it's not a positive habit. (I can't remember this little girl's name.)

That’s 3-year-old Janessa, who also sucks her thumb, but 6-year-old Sofia does the same thing.  The only difference is that Sofia had to give Janessa the nasty security blanket so now Sofia is blanketless, but she still sucks her thumb. (I’ve seen her do it in recent videos.)

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Each man had a fork or spoon  and used the same fork or spoon for every pie, as far as I could see in the video. Swapping spit in all it’s glory. 🤢 

Jill made sure to point out that each guy used a brand new fork every time they tasted a pie, and we know that Jill NEVER lies! 🙄 I’ve never heard of a grape pie either.

• LOL 9

We always had a pickle tray at Thanksgiving too (I used to sneak the pickled onions and cauliflower out, lol.) On topic, thats way more food than we've ever seen on a Rod table. Hope the kiddos had a full Stomach for once,

Edited by katycat74
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness. First video, a couple of shots of Tim, between 8:25 and 8:40 (ish). WOW, the dark circles are the worst I've seen.

Jill did say once on her blog that she and David would have to have night-long punishment sessions with one of their problem boys, Pearl style.

23 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Shrek and Smugjilla relaxing in their kingdom of freebies 

2D335830-E698-4F1C-A1CD-92D4903D2141.jpeg

OMG...so they did get themselves pleather recliners from Big Lots. I'm sure they're reserved for Hunk and Hunkette. Look how Hunk is caressing that broken knee of hers. And filthy thrift store booties to remind us that she's still an invalid!

I was trying to decide what I would pretend to eat at that feast. I would take a paper plate and a napkin (Big Lots!) from the middle of the pile...then put a few pickles on it, oops, nope, they're out of the jar.....well then...I guess nothing.

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

401D8839-2A1E-447D-8E2B-3BFCDA5F0D62.jpeg

59B9A3EC-40BD-49FC-9218-174D35D7F241.jpeg

Happy Holidays?!?! Isn’t that what the horrible heathens who are waging the War on Christmas say?!?! Or is it only giving Jesus the middle finger when others do it? 

Or, IDK just spitballing here, it’s just a pleasant greeting to acknowledge the multiple holidays that occur between November and the end of the year and is not a slight (let alone a “war”) on any of them. Hmmm.  

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 15
55 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jill did say once on her blog that she and David would have to have night-long punishment sessions with one of their problem boys, Pearl style.

And Timmy will do the same thing to his offspring (if he ever has any).

4 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

Of course "the guys judged."

And of course, GWE ate all the leftovers.  Nothing for the girls, except Jilldo.

Grape pie is something I've never heard of.  Fruit pies (and pumpkin) are my favorites, so I should try it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Pickle trays and olives at every holiday meal for us. I thought everyone did it. 

I wonder if only Jill and David are allowed to sit in the movie chairs?

Same here.  Are you a Nor'wester, too?

I'd bet Jilldo provided nothing, besides her special (cough, cough) self.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Happy Holidays?!?! Isn’t that what the horrible heathens who are waging the War on Christmas say?!?! Or is it only giving Jesus the middle finger when others do it? 

Or, IDK just spitballing here, it’s just a pleasant greeting to acknowledge the multiple holidays that occur between November and the end of the year and is not a slight (let alone a “war”) on any of them. Hmmm.  

Good catch!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ozziemom said:

German from New England, no pickles or olives at holidays. Married to Polish/French Canadian, lots of both pickles and olives at all holiday meals. Some of the dishes at JillyBean’s Thanksgiving are pretty normal looking, but it doesn’t seem like enough turkey. But maybe the Rodlets are so used to eating so little, it was plenty 🤷🏼‍♀️

Polish from New England (via Old England), and pickles/olives are in no way a staple at dinner tables. We might have them occasionally, but it's not something that's missed if it's not there. Mr. Jyn, on the other hand, is of no particular ethnic heritage from New Jersey, and pickles/olives are a must on what he would consider a complete Thanksgiving table. 

That turkey doesn't look huge, but there are two of them, and a lot of the people there are really quite young children who wouldn't typically eat that much of it, so I'd say there's probably enough with all the other dishes there. I love turkey, but by the time I fill my plate at Thanksgiving, there's probably not room for more than a tablespoon or two of each component. And at least on this occasion, there does appear to be more than enough of a variety of typical Thanksgiving food. And definitely more than enough dessert. I do hope, along with others here, that the Rodlets were encouraged to eat as much as they wanted, but with the rations they are used to, I would doubt they even could really put away a nice, big plate of food.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think Brittni finally got an insulin pump and a continuous blood glucose monitor. 

Now, maybe Jill will get a cease and desist letter. 

I wonder how many people with Type 1 diabetes have died because they believed nonsense like this?

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is this a frame from a video, or an actual photo? I can't imagine BME allowing a shot with that many truly lethal expressions to be posted.

It’s a screenshot from a video.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3