Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

In Jill's world, Jesus is a white guy with blue eyes and light hair.  And King James wrote the Bible.

Seeing that photo, I have to wonder where the 33rd grandchild was.  Perhaps there's a black sheep in the Noyes' family.

The older sister Lisa's son is in the Army.  If only the Rod men would follow suit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 11/26/2021 at 12:07 PM, GeeGolly said:

And isn't Nathan there? Jill wearing leggings isn't very modest by their standards. She might be causing Nathan to have thoughts that can't righteously be fulfilled.

I'm tempted to believe that's what she'd like. Just sayin'

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

🙄🤪😆

Rodlet with a dirty rag in her mouth: check

Rodlets looking dirty and malnourished: check

Ma turtleneck looking frumpy: check

rodlets with horribly pained fake smiles: check

Rodlets dressed in mismatched, ill-fitting clothes:  ✔️

45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3629C690-95A7-4D7B-983E-D67653D834B8.jpeg

She looks straight up evil in that pic.

• Love 16
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3629C690-95A7-4D7B-983E-D67653D834B8.jpeg

They couldn't have found a lighter shirt for Janessa to wear? Or a darker dress?

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

DDB5346C-CF7E-4CE6-BC0C-FC1988825FD9.jpeg

My parents ( Timothy Noyes & Patricia Noyes) on Thanksgiving with 32 of their 33 grandchildren.  What an INCREDIBLE gift it is to gather with this many like minded people.  

*KJV 1611 Bible as the Final Authority 
*Men the leaders & bread winners
*Men dressed like men with short hair
*Women embrace homemaking
*Ladies dressed modestly as ladies
*Ladies with feminine, long hair
*Children viewed as gifts from God
*Children obedient
*Limited screen time & creativity encouraged
*Wholesome tongues
*Unity & peace 
*Parents loving

A-L-L for the GLORY OF GOD - for HE is a God that LOVES holiness.  ❤️  We lift our hands in praise that His ways DO work and they bring sweet peace to all those that embrace them!  😊

1 Chronicles 16:29 "Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness."

#soblessedandthankful

Limited screen time?? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

What is the loud sound as Jill tours the living room for us in the photos from “early Thanksgiving morning”? Sounds like an industrial boiler.

I didn't hear it, but could it be their industrial heater that hangs in the kitchen?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

What is the loud sound as Jill tours the living room for us in the photos from “early Thanksgiving morning”? Sounds like an industrial boiler.

I had to go back and turn the sound on this time. Normally I don’t because that voice! She doesn’t speak in this one, who knew? 🤣😂

I agree with the heater, or maybe an air fryer. Are they that loud? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't hear it, but could it be their industrial heater that hangs in the kitchen?

If so, I guess there's no heat at night except for those decorative electric fireplaces. The blower is too close to Jill's sleeping quarters to be on while she gets her beauty rest. 

3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Limited screen time and creativity encouraged to me means limited creativity encouraged as well.

Very limited creativity. The only attempts I've seen are one of the littles playing with building supplies during the initial barndo construction and the Etsy shop of badly cut pleather earrings. 

Edited by BradandJanet
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill just posted pics of the Thanksgiving spread. The food actually has color, so we know Jill didn't make it. 😂

She didn't pay for it either, I'm sure.  I presume her very serious knee injury, the one that was so bad that the orthopod couldn't even describe it in medical terms, prevented her from participating in any of the meal prep or clean up.  She probably sat there on the sofa like the queen she thinks she is and let her minions handle the details.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

As an introvert who needs lots of time and space to myself, seeing these pictures makes me shudder.

All I see is a mass outbreak of flu/COVID/cold happening… and then the spreading of germs everywhere they go…

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I just watched some of Jill's videos of the renovation, on her FB page. Gah! I can't stand her simpering voice. Her kids sounds exactly like her! One thing I'm glad about is that there was enough food this year for Thanksgiving. At least her starving kids got one good meal (though we didn't see them eat anything!) and hopefully some leftovers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Thank goodness someone remembered to bring JillyBean flowers! Probably TimBits, otherwise he might not have been allowed to eat. Also I guess only men are allowed to sit at the table? 

i noticed only men at the table as well. Really that wasn't all that much food for 40 people. No sign of Jonathon being there to visit Kaylee....

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i noticed only men at the table as well. Really that wasn't all that much food for 40 people. No sign of Jonathon being there to visit Kaylee....

Kaylee could have went to visit Jonathan. Maybe she wasn’t invited. J could have visited but I guess couldn’t. I’m certain Jill invited Jonathan. 

Since they aren’t engaged guess they can do what they want holiday visiting wise.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Why the hell are there pickle spears on the table? 

While there was a pickle dish at every holiday meal my grandmother hosted, it usually contained homemade pickled beets, bread and butter pickles, maybe some watermelon rind pickles, and yes, occasionally pickle spears but usually homemade ones..  So while it looks like someone just dumped a gallon jar of Vlassics in a bowl, I won't actually snark too much if its something the kids like and will eat.  They are technically a vegetable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

While there was a pickle dish at every holiday meal my grandmother hosted, it usually contained homemade pickled beets, bread and butter pickles, maybe some watermelon rind pickles, and yes, occasionally pickle spears but usually homemade ones..  So while it looks like someone just dumped a gallon jar of Vlassics in a bowl, I won't actually snark too much if its something the kids like and will eat.  They are technically a vegetable.

Having been raised in the German-Polish traditions of my grandparents, I agree.  Same for the black and green olives on the table.  Almost any major meal would include pickles of some sort.  My grandma would've made her own to serve, but those of us in subsequent generations still often have pickles from the jar as part of the meal on holidays.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Why the hell are there pickle spears on the table? 

There are also big bowls of black and green olives.  Those turkeys looked too small to feed all of those people.  There’s a dessert table that has a pie(?) that consists of something beige poured into a beige(raw dough?) pie crust.  I must know… WTH is that??? 🤢

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Having been raised in the German-Polish traditions of my grandparents, I agree.  Same for the black and green olives on the table.  Almost any major meal would include pickles of some sort.  My grandma would've made her own to serve, but those of us in subsequent generations still often have pickles from the jar as part of the meal on holidays.

Midwestern with German heritage, can confirm that there was always a relish tray at family gathering with homemade pickles, black olives, carrot and celery sticks. And a cheese ball. 

• Love 20

Pickles are pretty common for my family, too, at holiday dinners, sometimes homemade and sometimes not. There's a lot to snark on the Rods about, but that is literally one of the most normal things I've seen them do. 

Edited to add: It's interesting to me that it comes up so much for our posters with German heritage. My mom's family is German, but I cannot remember for the life of me if they served pickles at large meals. My dad's family is Scotch-Irish and they're the ones who serve pickles. I'm guessing whether or not they show up on holiday tables is cultural/regional. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Kaylee could have went to visit Jonathan. Maybe she wasn’t invited. J could have visited but I guess couldn’t. I’m certain Jill invited Jonathan. 

Since they aren’t engaged guess they can do what they want holiday visiting wise.

I hope I’m wrong, but I have a feeling that Jonathan may be having second thoughts about getting involved with the Rods.  I guess I feel that way, because we haven’t heard him mentioned since he spent the week with the Rods.  

• Useful 12
  • Love 4

German from New England, no pickles or olives at holidays. Married to Polish/French Canadian, lots of both pickles and olives at all holiday meals. Some of the dishes at JillyBean’s Thanksgiving are pretty normal looking, but it doesn’t seem like enough turkey. But maybe the Rodlets are so used to eating so little, it was plenty 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

but it doesn’t seem like enough turkey. But maybe the Rodlets are so used to eating so little, it was plenty 🤷🏼‍♀️

I was personally wondering about the amount of food myself. I've never cooked for more than 6 people, but I am pretty sure we had more food and only about 1/3 of the amount of people at our Thanksgiving. We also are pretty big eaters as a group, so it's hard for me to tell what a normal amount would be for as many guests as she had. LOL 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Abmis said:

I took a look at JillRod's Facebook page and found under the picture of all the grandkids a leg humper had posted, "What a brude!"

The SOTDRT strikes again. 

I had to stop and think a second to realize what the leghumper was actually trying to say. 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I hope I’m wrong, but I have a feeling that Jonathan may be having second thoughts about getting involved with the Rods.  I guess I feel that way, because we haven’t heard him mentioned since he spent the week with the Rods.  

The thing about Jill finding suitors for her children is that she is always so overwhelming. Most people are rather subdued while getting to know others. Jill thinks if a family worships the right Jesus they are Instantly BFFs and bonded for life. Nevermind if they have “met” only once at a conference, or while the Rods grifted food, laundry facilities, clothes, and money at their church. Add the over the top ass kissing posts, and I would not blame parents for wanting out of the crazy train once they experience the crazy first hand. 

I feel terrible writing this, but the Kellers seemed as desperate to unload Nathan as Jill (not sure GWE cares) was to unload Nurie. Hopefully N&N love or at least care for each other, and have a happy life together.

May Kaylee find a suitor and move to another country because that seems to be the only way to avoid Jill and GWE to bankrupt the in-laws. 

• Love 9

In one of her recent posts about the new addition, Jill mentioned putting her girls' guys to work when they visit, definitely plural, so I'm assuming she means both Nathan and Jonathan.  So maybe Jonathan is still in play, but somehow got the message across for her to tone the crazy down.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

In one of her recent posts about the new addition, Jill mentioned putting her girls' guys to work when they visit, definitely plural, so I'm assuming she means both Nathan and Jonathan.  So maybe Jonathan is still in play, but somehow got the message across for her to tone the crazy down.  

Jonathan “helped” with the attic door when he spent a week in Crazy Town. IIRC K&J (Jill) wrote something on a wood beam or something. I don’t know a thing about construction. 

• Love 7

i assumed she was referring to when jonathon was there for the courting announcement. he and sammers built that door for the guest space or something.  We will probably get a big courting update soon. but it seems a bit odd there was like a solid few weeks of all things jonathon and kaylee and then not even a reference since.

• Love 8