Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I am concerned about one of the pictures of the "decor".  The one that shows real greenery amongst non-LED lightbulbs.  Non-LED bulbs get hot, and "fresh" greenery dries out very fast.  That does looks like an invitation for a fire, in my opinion.  Even fake greenery will get too hot around regular light bulbs.  I hope the lights are really LED, but that many would cost much more, so......

Also, get rid of all the small rugs.  They are a tripping hazard!!

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Well the grandfather clock made it.

Too MUCH stuff. It’s suffocating to look at all that dust catching decorations. 

And I can just imagine how claustrophobic it feels when the whole family is milling about. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Honestly, it's nicer than I expected.  It certainly isn't my taste, and I'm sure every aspect of it is substandard (except for the Amish work), but it's kind of cozy?  Who was the designer who said something like "remove 1 accessory before leaving the house?"  

The person who famously said that was the Nazi-fucker Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel.  

• Useful 6
3 hours ago, sheshark said:

The musical notes on the back of the stair steps!  So necessary to the musical nook.  I just hope Tim is sexting.

Tim, just create your own SM accounts under a fake name. What teen (and I know he’s older ) wouldn’t have thought of that by now?

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Tim, just create your own SM accounts under a fake name. What teen (and I know he’s older ) wouldn’t have thought of that by now?

I would be shocked if MeMe doesn't heavily monitor what goes on on his phone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

What teen (and I know he’s older ) wouldn’t have thought of that by now?

One that has been brainwashed since birth, shamed for normal child behavior, terrified of his mother…

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Isn’t shiplap very 2017? 🤣 and it was ugly then.

I wouldn’t consider that shiplap, that’s faux wood paneling that was all the rage in 1977. I get they’re on a budget, but all those different faux wood finishes against the real wood stairs just looks terrible. The stairs are definitely the best part of the addition. 

• Love 20

12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They have a map hiding the TV over the "fireplace". A TV that the movie chairs are aimed at. 

Can’t have people thinking they are worldly. 

11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The dark haired Rodlet (Hannah, I think?) is holding Nemo in two of the pictures posted above. In one he's just a bundle in her arms, but if you zoom in on the second you can see his little face.

In one of her vids or stories, there’s a baby doll in the couch. I thought that was Nemo laying there unattended at first!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Maybe that’s her sleeping clothes? Janessa looked like she was in a nightgown. 

That's allowed - to sleep in "men's wear"? And isn't Nathan there? Jill wearing leggings isn't very modest by their standards. She might be causing Nathan to have thoughts that can't righteously be fulfilled.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 11/23/2021 at 11:39 AM, farmgal4 said:

The room is already awful, and she hasn’t even started decorating it yet.  WTH would they choose to do the ceiling like that?  Just a plain white ceiling would’ve looked much better IMO.  It’s like she chose 5 or 6 very different styles and threw them all into one room.  Obviously, less isn’t more in Jill’s world.

It all sort of reminds me of a house we had about 20 years ago. Not so much in the decor, per se, but the feeling that everything in there had been chosen because it was on sale, whether or not it had any relationship to anything else. Or even if there was enough of it. One room had a wallpaper border that didn't quite go all the way around the room. There was a hook in the ceiling in that corner; obviously someone had simply hung a plant there to disguise the gap. All the curtains left behind were of the cheap satin variety with little tassels at the hems. We called them "bordello curtains". All the ceilings had swirly patterns sculpted into them, and where there were ceiling light fixtures, the patterns made circles around them, with quantities of glitter embedded within. The upstairs bathroom was the best. Harvest gold bath/shower. mosaic tile on the floor in shades of raspberry and white, and, on the little area that sloped down from the ceiling before meeting the wall, lurid green/blue paper with a coral/seaweed print such as one might use to decorate the back of an aquarium. 

I think Jill might have liked it.

Edited to add, all the pictures of the various shades of "shiplap" going on in Jill's house also reminded me that our place had the whole entrance corridor lined in the "wood" paneling beloved in the 70's that someone mentioned earlier. But ours was extra special with scenes of cowboys and Western paraphernalia "burned" into it. 

We made quite a profit on that house a few years later, with little more than very basic cosmetics.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 11/25/2021 at 7:59 AM, iwantcookies said:

Well the grandfather clock made it.

Too MUCH stuff. It’s suffocating to look at all that dust catching decorations. 

I noticed that the grandfather clock says 11:30.  Janessa must be exhausted and baby Nemo should be tucked away in his nook.

All of those area rugs have curling edges and toddlers and adults alike will be tripping.

Those fake straw  flowers will be strung with cobwebs and coated in dust.  Gross.

We had a new floor put in last year and it took weeks for the dust to settle.  Jill crazily set out her window drecorations weeks to soon.  Then she covered up her filled to brimming bay window with a bench, which no one can sit on since it's covered in crap.  Then she shoved a couch in front of the bench, completely hiding her coveted bay window.

The edges of the room are lined with useless decor so that the useful seating is in the center of the room.  Hunk's feet are nearly touching the staircase as he reclines!

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

DDB5346C-CF7E-4CE6-BC0C-FC1988825FD9.jpeg

My parents ( Timothy Noyes & Patricia Noyes) on Thanksgiving with 32 of their 33 grandchildren.  What an INCREDIBLE gift it is to gather with this many like minded people.  

*KJV 1611 Bible as the Final Authority 
*Men the leaders & bread winners
*Men dressed like men with short hair
*Women embrace homemaking
*Ladies dressed modestly as ladies
*Ladies with feminine, long hair
*Children viewed as gifts from God
*Children obedient
*Limited screen time & creativity encouraged
*Wholesome tongues
*Unity & peace 
*Parents loving

A-L-L for the GLORY OF GOD - for HE is a God that LOVES holiness.  ❤️  We lift our hands in praise that His ways DO work and they bring sweet peace to all those that embrace them!  😊

1 Chronicles 16:29 "Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness."

#soblessedandthankful

• LOL 6

🙄🤪😆

Rodlet with a dirty rag in her mouth: check

Rodlets looking dirty and malnourished: check

Ma turtleneck looking frumpy: check

rodlets with horribly pained fake smiles: check

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

There is so much wrong with that list. Jill doesn't adhere to much of it aside from KJV and clothing. What does she say about Ma Turtleneck's short hair? Her sisters don't have much longer than shoulder length, either. Hell, neither does Jill without those ratty extensions. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

*Children obedient
*Wholesome tongues
*Unity & peace 
*Parents loving

A-L-L for the GLORY OF GOD - for HE is a God that LOVES holiness.  ❤️  We lift our hands in praise that His ways DO work and they bring sweet peace to all those that embrace them!  😊

1 Chronicles 16:29 "Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness."

#soblessedandthankful

Has she ever voiced an opinion on the way Jesus' styling (at least, the way he is invariably depicted, which she probably believes is accurate)? Does she have any concept at all of how fashions and even clothing itself have changed over the years? 

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 20
Just now, Jynnan tonnix said:

Has she ever voiced an opinion on the way Jesus' styling (at least, the way he is invariably depicted, which she probably believes is accurate)? Does she have any concept at all of how fashions and even clothing itself change over the years? 

Considering that she still thinks it's the 1980's, I don't think she notices that the rest of her world evolved. She knows fully well the rest of the normal world evolved because she sure is busy judging people for wearing what they do. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Has she ever voiced an opinion on the way Jesus' styling (at least, the way he is invariably depicted, which she probably believes is accurate)? Does she have any concept at all of how fashions and even clothing itself have changed over the years? 

Jesus who? They don't care about Jesus. They're all about the fire and brimstone of the Old Testament and, maybe tangentially, the teachings of Paul. 

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

In Jill's world, Jesus is a white guy with blue eyes and light hair.  And King James wrote the Bible.

Seeing that photo, I have to wonder where the 33rd grandchild was.  Perhaps there's a black sheep in the Noyes' family.

• Love 9
On 11/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, Cinnabon said:

One who's been emotionally and mentally stunted and crippled by his parents day in and day out since birth and scared shitless by them, too, plus surveilled to a faretheewell in addition.

And pummelled and called shit as a little guy to such an extent that he's the poor warped creature we've seen. The Rodrigui live a million miles from average even though they aren't chained to the beds like the kids who make the news. And while some people may maintain parts of their brain for their own use after that kind of treatment, a lot won't be able to hold on to much of their own perception or will.....They'll start unconsciously cooperating with the people who want them in the mental prison. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

One who's been emotionally and mentally stunted and crippled by his parents day in and day out since birth and scared shitless by them, too, plus surveilled to a faretheewell in addition.

And pummelled and called shit as a little guy to such an extent that he's the poor warped creature we've seen. The Rodrigui live a million miles from average even though they aren't chained to the beds like the kids who make the news. And while some people may maintain parts of their brain for their own use after that kind of treatment, a lot won't be able to hold on to much of their own perception or will.....They'll start unconsciously cooperating with the people who want them in the mental prison. 

That's being "obedient" in Jillworld.🙄

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

In Jill's world, Jesus is a white guy with blue eyes and light hair.  And King James wrote the Bible.

Seeing that photo, I have to wonder where the 33rd grandchild was.  Perhaps there's a black sheep in the Noyes' family.

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't know the ages/sexes of Lisa's kids. Perhaps the oldest is married, lives out if state, and was with their in-laws? 

Just spitballin' here. 😀

I believe he's in the Army. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My parents ( Timothy Noyes & Patricia Noyes) on Thanksgiving with 32 of their 33 grandchildren.  What an INCREDIBLE gift it is to gather with this many like minded people.  

*Children obedient
*Wholesome tongues
*Unity & peace 
*Parents loving

#soblessedandthankful

🤮 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮😡🤮🤮😡

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

*Children obedient
*Wholesome tongues
*Unity & peace 
*Parents loving

#soblessedandthankful

🤮 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮😡🤮🤮😡

Peace and unity? Bwahahaha!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

When she announced the name, she noted that she gets to bestow the first name, and Chad gets the middle name.

So Chad just tries to normalize the nutty? That's a good descriptor of his entire married life. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4