Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Oy. Jill should get together with Meri from Sister Wives. It’s on a par with Lizzie’s Heritage Inn. 

Yes, it is beeyoootiful!  I love it, especially the shiplap in the storage space next to the faux brick and did I mention the ceilings?  

• LOL 9
24 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

JillR has pictures up on Instagram of the finished guest room and I’m here to say we underestimated how tacky it is. Only nice thing is a quilt that I think she said a neighbor made. Sorry I can’t link, she also breathlessly explains how she was going for an old fashioned look. 

The quilt is nice. The dresser wasn't awful. She said she "cleaned it up." She used restraint! It's all one color. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The room is already awful, and she hasn’t even started decorating it yet. 

I'm sure that once she empties out the dozen Rubbermaid bins of "decor" and wall hangings and plugs in ten lamps into the single wall socket using six extension cords, no one will even notice the crooked wonky dark 1970's basement rec room paneling.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I don't think antique means what she thinks it does and why is there an April 2021 calendar?

maybe she was referring to the set of encyclopedias from 1960.....

So no heat source in the whole space that I can see other than the little fake fireplace thing squeezed between the dresser and christmas tree. A lace dresser topper hanging next to it and some lacy thing on top of it. The bucket of fake logs in front of it is hilarious

• LOL 9
59 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

no way this was inspected - there is a fluorescent shop light over the crib with the wiring run up from the floor right next to the crib.

Screenshot (170).png

No way that it was inspected! I wouldn't trust that light fixture not to fall! And the wire!!!! 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

OMG that is awful.  That framed print with the basket on top of an armoire?  It was in all the stores around 25 years ago.  At the time I thought it was nice, but I didn't buy it.

All of the furnishings look like some Boomer or Boomers downsized and dropped off their furniture at the local thrift store.  That room is my Rust Belt Boomer mother's dream from 1980 something.  The unrelenting shades of brown complete with doilies was quite the thing when I was growing up in Northeast Ohio.  

I would not be surprised to see Jill get a variation of this couch for her new living room

966399975_grandma_70ssofa_heractualcouch(1).thumb.jpg.092f8d9efebdb9a5c9dc53f417508d3c.jpg

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

I sure as heck wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping in a bedroom heated with a space heater.  I have space heaters, but I only use them briefly near my bathroom after a shower or in the early morning when I get up.

Edited by sagittarius sue
spelling
  • Love 10

Why so many little nooks? A nook with the crib, a nook behind the dresser, a nook in the storage area. Take out the nooks, get rid of the crap and you'd have a decent size room.

Do they have something against trim work? Do they have something against full size doors? The door into the guest quarters was so skinny I'm surprised they were able to get the dresser in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, realityfan26 said:

Why so many little nooks? A nook with the crib, a nook behind the dresser, a nook in the storage area. Take out the nooks, get rid of the crap and you'd have a decent size room.

Do they have something against trim work? Do they have something against full size doors? The door into the guest quarters was so skinny I'm surprised they were able to get the dresser in.

They probably got a deal on a skinny door and worked around it

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's the "sewing nook." The "crib" is an afterthought.

The “crib” is a Pack-N-Play, which tells me that 3-year-old Janessa is still sleeping in the actual crib; otherwise, Jill would’ve squeezed the crib into the “guest quarters”.  Speaking of, those quarters look even worse than I expected.  We all know that Jill is a lying liar, just like we all know that it’s highly doubtful that a building inspector has ever stepped foot into the barndo since the Rods moved in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

different topic - do we think Jonathon will be among the "many guests" for thanksgiving? I don't think we have heard a peep about him since the courting announcement.

I expected updates like "Jonathon and Kaylee have been getting to know each other the old fashioned way by writing letters to each other, so much better than the "modern way" of social media...." etc

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

different topic - do we think Jonathon will be among the "many guests" for thanksgiving? I don't think we have heard a peep about him since the courting announcement.

I expected updates like "Jonathon and Kaylee have been getting to know each other the old fashioned way by writing letters to each other, so much better than the "modern way" of social media...." etc

I hope they are still together, Nurie’s first suitor was never heard from again. This time Jill has already said they are going to be family. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

no way this was inspected - there is a fluorescent shop light over the crib with the wiring run up from the floor right next to the crib.

Screenshot (170).png

That desk is old and scratched up. And a leftover kitchen chair. How comfy (not). Probably found by the dumpster.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I noticed that the dresser did not seem flush with the wall, and on closer inspection, there appears to be a room divider behind the dresser. Wonder what it's hiding.....

Jill called it a little nook.

Screenshot from a video, this is what’s back there:

15444261-AECC-4B4D-827C-45A3CD8FC1EE.jpeg

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

All of the furnishings look like some Boomer or Boomers downsized and dropped off their furniture at the local thrift store. 

This is exactly how they "stage" the GoodWill near me. And only because the good stuff sells and this is what is left over.

Bedbugs, anyone?

I don't think Hunky is going to fit through that door.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I noticed that the dresser did not seem flush with the wall, and on closer inspection, there appears to be a room divider behind the dresser. Wonder what it's hiding.....

I read a lot of Regency romances and all I could think of was that was a "privacy screen" and there is a chamber pot back there!

• LOL 24
On 11/22/2021 at 2:32 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh Jill, you never let us down. Thanks for the laugh. 😂

image.jpeg.5c8e8c5c762fde597056bf3f530cb36e.jpeg

Jill truly is a queen. The Queen of Lack of Self-Awareness. The Queen of Unintended Irony. (Edited to add: “And that's what she is! The Queen of Refuse! So bow down to her if you want! Bow to her! Bow to the Queen of Slime! The Queen of Filth! The Queen of Putrescence!" 😀)

16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill, you thought this was postworthy because.... 😣

image.jpeg.7e5db67e8b15a5c0ff72c330e2d87f16.jpeg

DAT ASSSSSSS!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

JillR has pictures up on Instagram of the finished guest room and I’m here to say we underestimated how tacky it is. Only nice thing is a quilt that I think she said a neighbor made. Sorry I can’t link, she also breathlessly explains how she was going for an old fashioned look. 

Ahem. That’s “old-fashion” look, Ozziemom!

Edited by LilJen
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

Live simply in clutter! 

15 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

I read a lot of Regency romances and all I could think of was that was a "privacy screen" and there is a chamber pot back there!

Great now I’m picturing hunky in tight leggings on a chamber pot 😂

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Wait for it. Now that you’ve mentioned it, as soon as Jill catches up on her reading here, she’ll post those exact words. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LilJen said:

Jill truly is a queen. The Queen of Lack of Self-Awareness. The Queen of Unintended Irony. (Edited to add: “And that's what she is! The Queen of Refuse! So bow down to her if you want! Bow to her! Bow to the Queen of Slime! The Queen of Filth! The Queen of Putrescence!" 😀)

DAT ASSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Ahem. That’s “old-fashion” look, Ozziemom!

I stand corrected,lol. JillR really is the gift that keeps us snarking. 

• LOL 4