Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Talk to text can sometimes yield odd results. Proofreading is a thing, though.

Well if you say it to yourself with an extreme southern accent it does SORTA sound like "vowels" but you have to have some sort of education to know that isn't right. And as Heathen said, sometimes you really can hear the wind whistle through her head.

Bless her heart.

• LOL 22
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Sometimes I think Carlin is just playing dumb, and then I remember, she really is that dumb. But I'll give her the benefit of the doubt just this once. Maybe she misheard "vials," since it can be hard to hear clearly with all that wind whistling through her empty head. 

Is Carlin the one that has a hearing loss? I am sure that's not the best way to ask that but I can not think of better words. 

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I can’t believe the footwear on the Rod girls in those horse pictures. It looks bizarre and dangerous to me, but I’m not a horse person so maybe it’s fine? I guess JillR can’t ride due to her SEVERE injury.

At least they didn’t wear flip flops lol

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Is Carlin the one that has a hearing loss? I am sure that's not the best way to ask that but I can not think of better words. 

No, that's a younger sister - Addallee.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I listened to Carlin's post and I think her accent made it come out as "vowels" instead "vials." I have cousins from Tennessee and they'll pronounce a word like "oil" as "all." I'm hoping that's what it is, because a college graduate not knowing "vial" is just too depressing to consider. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I listened to Carlin's post and I think her accent made it come out as "vowels" instead "vials." I have cousins from Tennessee and they'll pronounce a word like "oil" as "all." I'm hoping that's what it is, because a college graduate not knowing "vial" is just too depressing to consider. 

I had the same reaction.  I still think they are a couple of ditzes, but the accent can mess up captioning. I will give her a pass for that, but not for delaying Layla's bloodwork.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I had the same reaction.  I still think they are a couple of ditzes, but the accent can mess up captioning. I will give her a pass for that, but not for delaying Layla's bloodwork.

I'm eye-rolling all the comments saying how terrified and stressed Carlin and Evan must be, because to my eye, they don't seem the least bit concerned. A normal parent would've had their baby at that lab for the first available appointment, and if that appointment conflicted with the Stew Family Vacation or the 80th trip to go see Alyssa, then oh well, looks like we're gonna have to sit this one out. Carlin's already moved on to planning her gender reveal, so yeah, the social calendar is clearly the top priority.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Bloods labs are walk-in, around here. No appointment necessary. I would have went straight from the MD appointment to a lab.

Ah but it seems you valued your children's health. It seems these bozos figure-oh well if Jesus wants her back, he'll take her and nothing we can do about it. They seem to have a primitive way of thinking.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Liberty University, though. And she was clearly only going to kill time until getting married. 

When is Prop #2 due? 

• Love 3
On 10/30/2021 at 2:43 PM, Westiepeach said:

That could go two ways. One, she lied through her teeth about even having a doctor’s appointment; and two, if she saw a doctor, they laughed her right out of the office. Both scenarios are plausible.

Or, because it's a knee/soft tissue injury, they didn't give her a diagnosis because they need an MRI first. I trashed my knee twice, and the first time the doctor refused to even guess at a diagnosis until the MRI came back because he didn't want to freak me out, and the second time the doctor took an educated guess but insisted I get an MRI before he would confirm anything. 

She might have to wait for an MRI before they give her an actual diagnosis. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Wow, I can't help but keep noticing Sofie's size.  Little Sofie is around two and a half years older than Janessa, but only around one and a half years younger than Sadie, yet she's closer in size to Janessa. Pretty soon Janessa is going to catch her.

I know (I strongly think) this isn't happening, but it makes me think of the book, A Child Called It.

• Love 4

Kelly Bates has been jet-setting all over the place to attend her kids' events. Her last flight was solo - flying from Italy to FL. How will she prove to Gil that she kept her knees and clavicle covered? How will he know no men or women were tempted by his unchaperoned wife? And was Kelly able to tame any unrighteous desires without an accountability partner?

Kelly better be careful, she's on that slippery slope from Fundy to almost normal. I'm sure JillR is praying for her.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Kelly Bates has been jet-setting all over the place to attend her kids' events. Her last flight was solo - flying from Italy to FL. How will she prove to Gil that she kept her knees and clavicle covered? How will he know no men or women were tempted by his unchaperoned wife? And was Kelly able to tame any unrighteous desires without an accountability partner?

Kelly better be careful, she's on that slippery slope from Fundy to almost normal. I'm sure JillR is praying for her.

Good point! Maybe she had one of the photographers with her. And maybe Gil flew back with her and changed planes in Orlando. Although then he was without an accountability partner. Quite the dilemma. 

Do we know where Tiff and Law are now? 

• Love 4

On Alyssa’s IG story Kelly said she flew from Italy to Newark, after a delay she flew to Orlando. Perhaps Gil and Kelly parted ways at Newark, less time for tempting sinners. By now the remaining kids at home probably don’t notice or care when the parents are gone. Why have 19 kids when you have no intention of giving them the love, attention, education, and resources they need to thrive? It’s all about breeding for Jesus.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, I can't help but keep noticing Sofie's size.  Little Sofie is around two and a half years older than Janessa, but only around one and a half years younger than Sadie, yet she's closer in size to Janessa. Pretty soon Janessa is going to catch her.

I know (I strongly think) this isn't happening, but it makes me think of the book, A Child Called It.

She just doesn't seem to grow much. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And her hair is so thin. Jill, take this child to the pediatrician doctor (tm Jill)!

Jill sees her children but doesn't SEE her children. They are accessories. They are points with God. She doesn't see that this child looks ill. She doesn't see that her daughter's eyebrows and teased hair looks outdated, she doesn't see her skeletal son.....

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I should add... does she love them? I don't know. I am not sure if Jill is capable of real love. I'm not even sure if she loves Jesus. I think there is a lot of talk but not a lot of heart. 

Narcissists only love themselves. Their kids are extension of themselves, so they “love” them in that context.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Narcissists only love themselves. Their kids are extension of themselves, so they “love” them in that context.

I'm not even sure she loves the HUNK. Although she tries to convince everyone she does.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

She loves him for what he represents and can do for her. 

She "loves" him because she has to. It fits in with her narrative. She is a Godly woman, she loves God, she is raising good Godly children and has a Godly husband that she adores. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

She "loves" him because she has to. It fits in with her narrative. She is a Godly woman, she loves God, she is raising good Godly children and has a Godly husband that she adores. 

Exactly. She needs him for her narrative. 

• Love 9

The little girl who is 2 down from Tessie, despite her horrible lot in life, that child always has the biggest, happiest grin on her face and surprisingly it seems genuine!  I love her little sparkle.  And she's so lumped into the depths of the middle of this mess of kids that I don't even know her name.

Sammers looks even skinnier than usual in recent pics.

BME has totally missed her biggest money grab by not making Sammers and Tessie the new incarnation of Donny and Marie.  But there's no spot for her on that stage so it wouldn't even cross her mind!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

The little girl who is 2 down from Tessie, despite her horrible lot in life, that child always has the biggest, happiest grin on her face and surprisingly it seems genuine!

Isn't that Olivia? I think she used to be referred to as "Angry Olivia" (by the snark boards, not by Jill) when she was tiny, because she had a stink face worse than Davia Waller's. Kind of ironic if she's the happiest now... To me, I don't know if I necessarily see "genuine happy," but I definitely see "spunky." Free Olivia!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I think Olivia might be mostly ignored by Jill. She is never included with the big sisters on the girlie outings with jilly and most often left out of the pics of the 3 younger girls. that alone would make me happy if i were Olivia.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

The two oldest girls’ hair, what a fried mess, how could anyone think that’s a good luck?

They're so insular that they know no better. The people that they come in contact with at the churches they leech from are also frumpy and outdated.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Holy wow. Another TLC religious reality family revealed some breaking news today. Christine Brown left Kody.

If she can do it after 25 years, maybe a Duggar or Bates can truly break away from their families and lose their extreme beliefs.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Since narcissists are the supreme users, grifting is the perfect profession for them. They can be charming and persuasive while also sucking everything they can get from their victims. They also like being in the spotlight, even if that spotlight is a church with 15 members in a no-name town. 

Jill will never change. She is who she is. Her family, neighbors, and church members are just supply and always will be. She will poison at least two generations. I hope no more. 

That photograph makes the four youngest Rod girls look jaundiced. I hope they're OK. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8E848FCF-CAFB-44CB-912A-648E917BCECE.jpeg

Tessie, again, looks not even like herself with Jill’s eyebrow whack job on her. Next youngest female rod let has lovely natural eyebrows; I expect those won’t last more than another 18 months or so. 🪚

• Love 1

Grandma Kellar doesn't even try to look good. That's the thing with me. We all have our God-given genes but most of us "try". She could use some really flattering glasses and do something with her hair. I'm sure she's a nice lady and used to look pretty good in her younger days but something happened along the way...her husband included. Mike looked way better in his younger days. I saw a photo of them back then posted somewhere. I couldn't believe they were the same people. Mrs. Kellar should not be of the opinion that believing in Jesus means that you have to look frumpy.

• Love 9

JRod has posted several videos on Facebook of this man preaching at a church in PA (I think).  Someone please check out the videos and tell me if you get the same vibe that I got, which is that the guy is batshit crazy.

• LOL 7