Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

It's the fugly figurines and other doodads that serve no purpose that really bug me.  They are dust collectors under normal conditions, they are going to be a mess in no time next to that stove.

Then you have the perfect reason to buy new fuglies!  There's a method to Jill's madness.

• LOL 8

I shudder when I think about Nurie taking her precious little one out in public to so many crowded places during the first two weeks of his life—especially during a pandemic!

I remember when several of my younger siblings were born, that my mother never took them anywhere (except the pediatrician) until after their christening, which usually was when they were between four and six weeks old.  However, they did get exposed to lots of germs because we, the older ones brought the germs home from school.  Also in the days before vaccines for measles, mumps, chicken pox and other illnesses, infants often got them, sometimes with disastrous results.  

The Rodlets would never know who they were seated next to on that boat or restaurant.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Boston said:

and a dishwasher magically appears.. right Dill

Well she did say that Nathan and David Keller "helped" out with some tricky things. Probably the dishwasher and light fixtures.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

So wasn't a "courtship." They are "girlfriend" and "boyfriend" and have been "dating." The engagement is a People exclusive (eat your hearts out, JB and Meech).

Did Lawson do a courting announcement awhile back with this woman, or have the Bates parents hopped off that particular fundie/Gothard doctrine? 

And, IMO, Lawson looks like an insufferable twit. Can he sing?

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

ETA: @GeeGolly said they're in the RV and I think that's right. My original post: They're in Nurie's kitchen. Don't worry about the cabinets. They painted them and then applied the worst "distressing" faux effect fail I've ever seen, so the cabinets are now ugly and look dirty. They're visible in the photos posted up thread, both before and after. (They should have stopped with the paint job, which would have been fine.) I stand by my criticism of the awful "distressing" job on the cabinets, LOL.

ETA: Didn't Jill already announce that courtship with the deluge of photos and posts on social media a few weeks ago? 

Do you remember the lovely antique chest (I guess that’s what you’d call it) that BME painted/distressed several months ago?  She took it to a whole new level of fugly.  She posted “before and after” pics on SM and asked people to comment on which one they preferred.  I think 100% of them chose the “before” pic.  To summarize, Jill should never be allowed to do anymore distressing.  Those cabinets look horrible, and there’s no way in hell that Nurie would have the guts to repaint them for fear of what BME might do or say.  This may’ve already been mentioned but how ironic is it that yesterday we were talking about Jill not buying or doing anything for Nemo/Nurie since his birth but today, Voilà!, Jill posts pics of Nurie’s updated kitchen that Jill worked on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I am dying laughing over Alyssa's post. Her new favorite hobby is Interior design, yet she bought a children's dresser for her master bedroom? She tagged everything. God if i ever have to refer to anything in my bedroom as "trinkets" i hope someone smacks me upside the head.2104621011_Screenshot(149).thumb.png.acdd6568edba0c5683cfec8ab3f5fe2e.png

Her bedding is from Boll & Branch.  Isn’t that brand really expensive?

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

So wasn't a "courtship." They are "girlfriend" and "boyfriend" and have been "dating." The engagement is a People exclusive (eat your hearts out, JB and Meech).

Did Lawson do a courting announcement awhile back with this woman, or have the Bates parents hopped off that particular fundie/Gothard doctrine? 

And, IMO, Lawson looks like an insufferable twit. Can he sing?

He is a twit, there's truth in packaging there.  As for singing, anyone can sing.  Can he sing well enough to be able to earn a living with it, let alone actually become a star?  Nope, very average voice at best.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

JillRod's "update" to Nurie's kitchen is awful. The cabinets look dirty, rather than updated. They left that awful border up. The glass block tile would be nice, except it doesn't go with anything else. It's a busy looking mess. Jill's idea of a kitchen makeover is just like her idea of a personal makeover. Never start with a clean palette. Just pile more crap over what's already there. Then boast about your mad skillz. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Her bedding is from Boll & Branch.  Isn’t that brand really expensive?

Yes, sheet sets from Boll and Branch start at around 200 bucks.  A set onsale might be $150.  No bargain, IMO, although I have heard they are nice sheets.

40 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

This may’ve already been mentioned but how ironic is it that yesterday we were talking about Jill not buying or doing anything for Nemo/Nurie since his birth but today, Voilà!, Jill posts pics of Nurie’s updated kitchen that Jill worked on.

So true. She must organize her photos according to common criticisms she receives so she can post in retaliation. 

I wonder how much work Jill really did with her SEVERELY injured knee and all. I can see her giving lots of orders. Also, why were Jill and the Not Nuries covered with paint splatter, especially their skirts? I'm the world's worst painter and do it only when necessary, but even I don't make a mess like that. Did they do this on purpose for effect?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

He is a twit, there's truth in packaging there.  As for singing, anyone can sing.  Can he sing well enough to be able to earn a living with it, let alone actually become a star?  Nope, very average voice at best.

Hate to admit it, but they are absolutely adorable.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

So true. She must organize her photos according to common criticisms she receives so she can post in retaliation. 

I wonder how much work Jill really did with her SEVERELY injured knee and all. I can see her giving lots of orders. Also, why were Jill and the Not Nuries covered with paint splatter, especially their skirts? I'm the world's worst painter and do it only when necessary, but even I don't make a mess like that. Did they do this on purpose for effect?  

Jill does all kinds of ridiculous things on purpose for effect, I expect this is just more of the same.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Jeeves said:

The kitchen cabinets were not changed. They were painted and then a VERY BAD and ugly faux finish "antiquing" mess was applied to the doors and drawer fronts.

Jill is absolutely stuck in the 80s. That ugly faux antiquing finish was everywhere during that decade. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Hate to admit it, but they are absolutely adorable.

From the little I've seen of him, he seems a lot like RFP.  I wonder how he's going to like sharing the mirror (because she was an actress.)  I'll say this for him:  he's a lot easier on the eyes than most fundie guys, for sure.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

He might have a big enough Fundie following though. 

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Of course, she has to show how HARD they are working. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Yes, sheet sets from Boll and Branch start at around 200 bucks.  A set onsale might be $150.  No bargain, IMO, although I have heard they are nice sheets.

I don’t think she bought only sheets.  I think she got the whole shebang from B&B, which would include everything you see on their bed.  They must have a money tree growing in their backyard too. <huge sigh>  Do any of you know where I can get one of those trees?? 🌳💰😕

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t think she bought only sheets.  I think she got the whole shebang from B&B, which would include everything you see on their bed.  They must have a money tree growing in their backyard too. <huge sigh>  Do any of you know where I can get one of those trees?? 🌳💰😕

If you look carefully you can see it was an ad.  She offered a discount code at the end of the story.  So she either got the bedding for free or at a steep discount.  She has almost 350K followers- I think being an influencer is quite lucrative for her.  I do wonder how all that free stuff works tax-wise though.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Jill is absolutely stuck in the 80s. That ugly faux antiquing finish was everywhere during that decade. 

Yes, IIRC it was. Recently I have watched a lot of YouTube videos of people who rehab used furniture. There's a lot of painting and also some "distressing" effects applied, but nobody has done anything like what Jill did to Nurie's cabinets. Thank goodness. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

If you look carefully you can see it was an ad.  She offered a discount code at the end of the story.  So she either got the bedding for free or at a steep discount.  She has almost 350K followers- I think being an influencer is quite lucrative for her.  I do wonder how all that free stuff works tax-wise though.

I wonder how that works?  Did Alyssa call Bole&Branch and ask them to hook her up with merchandise in exchange for a shoutout on SM?  If so, that takes a lot of nerve IMO.

9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Unicorn Spit, chalk paint, transfers and grays, greens and whites are the big furniture rehab trends right now, so we should expect Jill to being doing those for Janessa's first home.

I’m rolling 😂, and I’m afraid to ask what Unicorn Spit is!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I didn’t see any pics of her kids. The bedroom is sterile. And I agree, that dresser is too small for the space. 

They might not be moved in yet, while the renovations are underway.

The kitchen isn’t terrible if you don’t have a lot of money.  I agree, I don’t like the shelves above the stove. Also why is there a shower rod and curtain in the hallway?

Regarding your shower rod/curtain question, my guess is that it was cheaper than buying a door.  Years ago I did a home health nursing stint in a low income area, and I saw lots of those used in place of a door.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder how that works?  Did Alyssa call Bole&Branch and ask them to hook her up with merchandise in exchange for a shoutout on SM?  If so, that takes a lot of nerve IMO.

I’m rolling 😂, and I’m afraid to ask what Unicorn Spit is!

6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

5e9ba04c26dfaf7b2d07997f8bdc9eaa.jpg

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I do like my Boll and Branch sheets.  They are very soft.  But I only have sheets, and bought them when I happened upon a sale.  The rest of their bedding and towels are way too expensive for me.  BB&B have some very nice cotton sheets that are almost as soft at a much better price.  Name brand linen is not that important to me.  I also do not show my sheets on the internet.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I hope that the kitchen was redecorated the way that Nurie wanted it, not just what JRod wanted. Because that has all the hallmarks of JRod’s tacky style. I wonder if Nurie even knows what she likes without JRod dictating to her.

I'm guessing that's a no. 

• Love 9

Re Tiffany and Lawson, I’m curious to see their physical interaction during engagement and especially once married - because I think in their Instagram videos that Lawson doesn’t pay much attention to her - hardly looks at her but instead talks and gazes into the camera. And they haven’t been overly affectionate but that’s cuz of his fundiness I assume. And maybe they’ve been more affectionate off-camera.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Imagine being influenced by this dolt.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I hope that the kitchen was redecorated the way that Nurie wanted it, not just what JRod wanted. Because that has all the hallmarks of JRod’s tacky style. I wonder if Nurie even knows what she likes without JRod dictating to her.

I had a mother who had very definite opinions about style and decor. She has been dead about 3 years and I am 69 years old and I still tend to feel guilty if I don't follow her guidelines.  And as controlling as my mother was, she doesn't hold a candle to JillR.  I don't think it is even conceivable to Nurie that there is any way except her mother's way. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I'm sure JRod's style is Nurie's style. Has poor Nurie ever been allowed an individual thought in her life?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, marypat57 said:

I shudder when I think about Nurie taking her precious little one out in public to so many crowded places during the first two weeks of his life—especially during a pandemic!

I remember when several of my younger siblings were born, that my mother never took them anywhere (except the pediatrician) until after their christening, which usually was when they were between four and six weeks old.  However, they did get exposed to lots of germs because we, the older ones brought the germs home from school.  Also in the days before vaccines for measles, mumps, chicken pox and other illnesses, infants often got them, sometimes with disastrous results.  

The Rodlets would never know who they were seated next to on that boat or restaurant.

Remember that nothing bad will happen to them because they are the correct type of Christians.

• Love 8

so did he only pick up Jill and left the not nuries, the waif and Janessa?  I am sure they all went on to the next grift, but her wording, as always is "ME" 

sorry Timbits, Phillip, Gabriel, Tessie, Hannah and the other waif girl. (Sadie or Sofia)  you will have to wait to meet the baby until I come back to fla in about 2 weeks....

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm sure JRod's style is Nurie's style. Has poor Nurie ever been allowed an individual thought in her life?

Nope. Not an original thought in her life. Just like the other Not-Nuries. Their thoughts are JillRod’s thoughts. They are not allowed to think for themselves, married or not. 😢

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A post by Tiffany, hash tags included:

56ABEF54-5ED4-48AA-9805-FE33993EA457.jpeg

Tags on a picture:

EE236E1F-5F9E-4610-AEA8-57759FD99787.jpeg

Poor woman. I suppose she's thrilled to get a super-Christian......Wonder how long that compensates for finding out you're really stuck with a lame-ass jerk whose ego's too big to bury in the Marianas Trench.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12