Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

so lucky Nathan and David KELLER helped her with "the tricky parts" which would mean getting off her ass and doing any real work. seriously how could jill and the not nuries remodel a kitchen since that would seem to be "man's work"  Jilly's only work is taking pics and videos of her manly men doing home improvements.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so lucky Nathan and David KELLER helped her with "the tricky parts" which would mean getting off her ass and doing any real work. seriously how could jill and the not nuries remodel a kitchen since that would seem to be "man's work"  Jilly's only work is taking pics and videos of her manly men doing home improvements.

This kitchen remodel was more cosmetic than anything else. Looks like they distressed the cabinets and did some painting. I’m sure JillR didn’t do the countertops or backsplash. JillR is once again a lying liar.

• Love 12
On 10/25/2021 at 1:33 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

They're not in quarantine. They've been pictured at the Coliseum as well as assorted outdoor cafes. The parents are there as well, so an engagement is imminent.

I don't follow the Bates's.  Does Lawson's fiance live in France? How did they meet?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

This kitchen remodel was more cosmetic than anything else. Looks like they distressed the cabinets and did some painting. I’m sure JillR didn’t do the countertops or backsplash. JillR is once again a lying liar.

The countertops are the same. The back splash is probably vinyl stick on.

• Love 11

Alyssa Webster did a big IG post about the redecoration of her "Mater Bedroom"  🙄  (She later edited it).  An occasional typo from anyone is understandable, but these people rarely post anything, ever, without typos and they promote their awesome homeschool education, are schooling their children, and promote themselves as SM goddesses. You'd think somewhere in there spellcheck or proofreading would be involved.  

Edited by awaken
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

I am dying laughing over Alyssa's post. Her new favorite hobby is Interior design, yet she bought a children's dresser for her master bedroom? She tagged everything. God if i ever have to refer to anything in my bedroom as "trinkets" i hope someone smacks me upside the head.2104621011_Screenshot(149).thumb.png.acdd6568edba0c5683cfec8ab3f5fe2e.png

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4368F7B7-6C7E-4B37-A588-5A9BC76E6851.jpeg

Wait. Nathan has a baby? I thought Nemo belonged to Jill and Nurie.  

Jill is trolling us critics. First, she has to prove that she hasn't been just sitting around for two weeks mooching off Nurthan. Then, she has to remind us how brave and strong she is while being SEVERELY injured. Now, she acknowledges that Nathan and Nurie are Nemo's real parents. 

• LOL 20
46 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Wait. Nathan has a baby? I thought Nemo belonged to Jill and Nurie.  

Jill is trolling us critics. First, she has to prove that she hasn't been just sitting around for two weeks mooching off Nurthan. Then, she has to remind us how brave and strong she is while being SEVERELY injured. Now, she acknowledges that Nathan and Nurie are Nemo's real parents. 

Bingo. And “Nathan is wise with his finances and doing everything debt free!” translates to “he can afford to take me out all the time!”

• LOL 13
20 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I live about 2 hours north of her. I would SEVERELY drive down and help you kick her ass. Then we can go out to lunch!

I also live around an hour and a half north and would be more than happy to join you.  Maybe we can hit Grandpa's Cheese Barn after we're done.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I don't follow the Bates's.  Does Lawson's fiance live in France? How did they meet?

No, Tiffany grew up in CA. She was a child actress and she's been in some Disney & Nickelodeon stuff. I think she met Lawson on a mission trip. Her family is evangelical.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I think the kitchen is cute and very nice for a starter home, though I am sure the young people did all the work while Jill directed how the budget should be spent. At least Nurie got a clean, workable space out of it.

• Love 19

Once again JillR and her wonky timeline posts. Maybe the Nurthan fixer upper is still a work in process, we really only saw the kitchen area that JillR blessed them with. I’m wondering if the RV is the Keller’s and brother David and Hannah  Reber  are going to move into after their wedding. Landscape work in Florida is a year round job but not quite as intense as in the summer, so the Keller boys may have time to renovate. Nurthan bought the house back in July IIRC. Is the Reber/Keller wedding in November or December? 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm sure the "before" pic was taken months ago. No way they did that in two weeks with a newborn in the equation. The kitchen probably just needed finishing touches by the time Hurricane Jill and the Not Nuries arrived.

I just took one for the team and sat through Jill's entire Instagram story about the kitchen work at Nathan and Nurie's fixer upper. I had the audio turned off most of the time but when I turned it on there wasn't narration, just some wonky sound effects so I don't think I missed any of Jill's words of wisdom. (ETA: Her insta is private but she accepted a follow request from an account I have and rarely use.)

Here's my take on it. The kitchen cabinets were not changed. They were painted and then a VERY BAD and ugly faux finish "antiquing" mess was applied to the doors and drawer fronts. It appears that they installed a dishwasher and painted the kitchen walls. They didn't change out the countertops or fill in the empty space in a corner under the countertop, just put a curtain over it. This was basically a deep cleaning, painting, and dishwasher installation project which can be done in a fairly short time with enough hands on deck. The makeover wouldn't be so bad if the paint job on the cabinets wasn't so horrible. Seriously, if they'd just painted the cabinets and not done that horrible faux finish fail, it would be fine. A couple of screenshots:

Kitchen3.thumb.jpg.e7b64386c8b75545626a8a3107f1b082.jpg

Kitchen1.thumb.jpg.2804bb56e88f3d8a4bb5404070a706c8.jpg

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 8
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They added a backsplash. But that could easily be installed if it's not individual tiles. 

Good catch! I was too distracted by the fugly cabinet paint job to remember to mention the backsplash. 🤣

ETA: it looks like they also added two hanging lights over the sink area, and may have stuck an under-cabinet light in the corner above the microwave. Nice additions to make the kitchen more usable. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5

On closer look, the cabinets are not as nice as they look in Jill's "after" picture. Just painting them white would have been enough; the distressing looks poorly done (Jill?). They changed the drawer and door pulls. I wonder if they got a stainless stove and fridge. I like the pendant lights. There are corner doors that fit where that curtain is and would have made a better match. 

I never had a decent kitchen until the current move. In fact, several looked worse than Nurthan's "before."

• Love 8
Just now, BradandJanet said:

On closer look, the cabinets are not as nice as they look in Jill's "after" picture. Just painting them white would have been enough; the distressing looks poorly done (Jill?). They changed the drawer and door pulls. I wonder if they got a stainless stove and fridge. I like the pendant lights. There are corner doors that fit where that curtain is and would have made a better match. 

I never had a decent kitchen until the current move. In fact, several looked worse than Nurthan's "before."

The stove and fridge are black. The fridge was in a "before" photo. I don't know if the stove is a new acquisition. 

Kitchen5.thumb.jpg.e354927406c772267f2641dda4684481.jpg

Kitchen4.thumb.jpg.4c482cf3f4f40e40cfc0b3c175b7c213.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Stove and fridge are black, fridge is in before pictures too. The cabinet distressed look is very badly done. I guess they forgot all the great decorating ideas from their trip to Magnolia earlier this summer.

Edited by ozziemom
Jeeves posted same time!
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

The 'distressing' on the cabinets just makes them look dirty.  A plain coat of white or cream paint would've looked so much better.

And, of course, BME has to hang shelves full of tchotchkes right next to the stove.  They'll be covered with dusty, greasy schmutz in no time.  There is no way to keep that stuff clean for more than a minute when they're positioned right in the path of fumes from cooking.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

The 'distressing' on the cabinets just makes them look dirty.  A plain coat of white or cream paint would've looked so much better.

And, of course, BME has to hang shelves full of tchotchkes right next to the stove.  They'll be covered with dusty, greasy schmutz in no time.  There is no way to keep that stuff clean for more than a minute when they're positioned right in the path of fumes from cooking.

Yeah, those shelves are such a Jill move. As usual, no style or substance. No rhyme or reason. Just Jillified fug.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Surprisingly, the tchotchkes shelves were already there. The before pictures look very much like a kitchen that Jill would have decorated too. One would think Jill would have learned to leave the distress painting alone, after she was beat up pretty bad by her friends online, over a cabinet she did.

Do we know if that's a house or trailer? That narrow hallway makes it look like a doublewide. Also, I'm guessing the cutout in the living room is to let light into the hallway, or otherwise its just odd.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I am dying laughing over Alyssa's post. Her new favorite hobby is Interior design, yet she bought a children's dresser for her master bedroom? She tagged everything. God if i ever have to refer to anything in my bedroom as "trinkets" i hope someone smacks me upside the head.2104621011_Screenshot(149).thumb.png.acdd6568edba0c5683cfec8ab3f5fe2e.png

I didn’t see any pics of her kids. The bedroom is sterile. And I agree, that dresser is too small for the space. 

8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Well it's nice to know that NurEE is out of the trailer.  Did they post a shot of the outside of the "fixer-upper"?

They might not be moved in yet, while the renovations are underway.

The kitchen isn’t terrible if you don’t have a lot of money.  I agree, I don’t like the shelves above the stove. Also why is there a shower rod and curtain in the hallway?

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I didn’t see any pics of her kids. The bedroom is sterile. And I agree, that dresser is too small for the space. 

They might not be moved in yet, while the renovations are underway.

The kitchen isn’t terrible if you don’t have a lot of money.  I agree, I don’t like the shelves above the stove. Also why is there a shower rod and curtain in the hallway?

I saw the edge of a washing machine or dryer in the before pic. It looked to me like it could be turned into a laundry/mud room. But maybe the furnace and hot water heater are also back there?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, those shelves are such a Jill move. As usual, no style or substance. No rhyme or reason. Just Jillified fug.

Funny how Jill Dillard does the same thing with shelves and tchotchkes!

I do give them credit for giving Nurie and Nathan’s kitchen a refresh while they were there. Despite some odd finishes, at least it’s a way to make oneself useful when visiting. More than anyone’s ever done for me after having a baby or getting a new house!  

and wow, @Jeeves, thanks for putting yourself through that so you could report back to us!  I don’t think I could handle watching any of her stuff!

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill and the Not-Nuries look like they've been in a paintball fight. Where are they standing? There are some nice upper cabinets behind them. 

ETA: @GeeGolly said they're in the RV and I think that's right. My original post: They're in Nurie's kitchen. Don't worry about the cabinets. They painted them and then applied the worst "distressing" faux effect fail I've ever seen, so the cabinets are now ugly and look dirty. They're visible in the photos posted up thread, both before and after. (They should have stopped with the paint job, which would have been fine.) I stand by my criticism of the awful "distressing" job on the cabinets, LOL.

ETA: Didn't Jill already announce that courtship with the deluge of photos and posts on social media a few weeks ago? 

Edited by Jeeves
I wuz wrong
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill and the Not-Nuries look like they've been in a paintball fight. Where are they standing? There are some nice upper cabinets behind them. 

I believe they're standing in the RV. Different cabinets and different floor from the new kitchen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

ETA: @GeeGolly said they're in the RV and I think that's right. My original post: They're in Nurie's kitchen. Don't worry about the cabinets. They painted them and then applied the worst "distressing" faux effect fail I've ever seen, so the cabinets are now ugly and look dirty. They're visible in the photos posted up thread, both before and after. (They should have stopped with the paint job, which would have been fine.) I stand by my criticism of the awful "distressing" job on the cabinets, LOL.

ETA: Didn't Jill already announce that courtship with the deluge of photos and posts on social media a few weeks ago? 

This is the YouTube version, ie the same nonsense just in a different SM platform. JillR does not edit so I’m sure this video is a hot mess. I think JillR likes to put the important news everywhere she possibly can. I don’t think she has discovered TikTok yet, but that would be hilarious to see her attempts there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Surprisingly, the tchotchkes shelves were already there.

True, but they were empty.  Considering there is no storage in the immediate vicinity of the stove, I could see having a shelf with some utensils in a jar or salt and pepper shakers, just to have them handy if needed. They'd get greasy, but, if they're used frequently, they'll get washed pretty often, too. Wiping down a salt shaker and pepper mill isn't hard, either.  It's the fugly figurines and other doodads that serve no purpose that really bug me.  They are dust collectors under normal conditions, they are going to be a mess in no time next to that stove.

• Love 17