Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Zella said:

I will probably go to hell for how hard I laughed at Jill's wheelchair post. I also might need to go to the hospital for the simultaneous wheeze/snort/sigh/chuckle that involuntarily came out of my mouth when I first laid eyes upon it. 

Me too. I’m also SEVERELY happy I don’t know anyone nutty as Jill IRL.

• Love 6

In other Rod news, Timbits "preached" at Joy Baptist on Sunday. It was the usual Rod party line, but with a new twist. He attacked the Millers (the family who decided not to go skirts only). While he didn't call them out by name, he mentioned the daughter who he's known practically since she was a baby. He said they had become "liberal minded," among other things. His lack of socialization is apparent, as the Millers remain conservative Christians.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope to God JillR didn't send the pic to Amy in some type of "us too" moment.

She would do it (and most likely did) and not think twice about it.  She also wouldn’t see anything wrong with doing it.  She’s so self-absorbed and narcissistic that she’s incapable of considering other people’s feelings.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am also confused by this.  According to Jill, Nurie had the perfect delivery with minimal pain and zero complications.   And now, Nurie needs a wheelchair because she just gave birth?

Jill referred to the “difficult healing process down there”, so I assume that Nurie’s lady parts tore during the delivery.  

• Love 1

I wonder how many times, of the 13 times Jill gave birth, she treated anyone to a gift like this little boat ride? Or any type of thank you gift at all? She really is a piece of work.

Serious question - is it the norm in Fundy churches to tear down thy neighbor in a sermon?

Also hasn't Tim talked about this family before? Maybe during one of his breakroom recordings?

• Love 13

A year or so ago, there was a miniseries on Hulu, I think, about the story of Gypsy Rose Blanchard and her psychotic mother, Dee Dee.  It was about the severe (and I do mean SEVERE) Munchausen by proxy thing that Dee Dee was inflicting upon her daughter.  I only managed to get through two episodes because it creeped me out so bad.  When I saw that wheelchair photo, my first reaction was to laugh but my second reaction was a chill straight down my spine thinking that Jill is going to use Nurie and that baby to garner as much attention for herself as she can.  And since Jill has zero self-awareness and an ego the size of St. Austine, who knows how far she's prepared to go.

• Love 18

I'm going to call my mom to thank her for never writing about my vagina on instagram. It's the least I can do.  

But if Nurie really can barely walk, I hope she's getting real medical care.  

The cruise and dinner were the same day, it seems. They're wearing the same clothes. 

So Nurie and Jill were in so much pain they had to be wheeled onto the boat. That solved Jill's problem, but Nurie had to sit. That couldn't have been comfortable. 

Jill is so worried about Nurie's pain "there," but they still had to go to a restaurant. No mention of wheelchairs, so Jill and Nurie must have managed to walk in. Jill loves to eat at nice restaurants, so her knee probably felt much better by then.  

I doubt Nurie felt any better. That must have been a long, painful, exhausting day for her (and expensive for Nathan). But Jill had fun!! That's all that matters. 

Nurie and Nemo should have stayed home. Jill should have stayed put too, but she doesn't like to make sacrifices for other people's wellbeing.  If Nathan didn't have the nerve to say no to Bad Mama, he could have treated Queen Jill and her staff to a day on the town to shut her up. Nurie would have felt lonely, but being stoic can be dangerous. I'm sure Nathan would have brought her some cheesecake. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 16
21 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

If Nurie can barely then, then she shouldn’t be walking! Take your dumb ass home, elevate your feet and get that innocent baby out of all those germs. Flu season is coming. Jeez these people.

I doubt Nurie has the capability to stand up for herself in the presence of her nutjob mother.  If Jill tells Nurie that she should get up, get dressed, pluck her eyebrows, put on makeup, grab the baby and go out for a riverboat cruise and dinner, I don't see Nurie saying no.  That's where Nathan needs to man up and tell Jill to take her severely injured leg and slither on back to Ohio....but does Nathan have the guts?  Apparently he doesn't.

I look at Nurie and feel second-hand sympathy exhaustion.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I doubt Nurie has the capability to stand up for herself in the presence of her nutjob mother.  If Jill tells Nurie that she should get up, get dressed, pluck her eyebrows, put on makeup, grab the baby and go out for a riverboat cruise and dinner, I don't see Nurie saying no.  That's where Nathan needs to man up and tell Jill to take her severely injured leg and slither on back to Ohio....but does Nathan have the guts?  Apparently he doesn't.

I look at Nurie and feel second-hand sympathy exhaustion.

I’m really hoping postpartum fatigue, hormonal fluctuations and maternal instincts would have caused Nurie to snap by now and put Bev Keane JillR in her place. Who knows though. Maybe Nurie wanted to go.

This is also the perfect time for a meddling MIL. I wish Mrs. Keller would pull Nathan to the side and tell him his wife needs rest and that he needs to put his foot down. She’s old school so surely she knows better. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’m really hoping postpartum fatigue, hormonal fluctuations and maternal instincts would have caused Nurie to snap by now and put Bev Keane JillR in her place. Who knows though. Maybe Nurie wanted to go.

This is also the perfect time for a meddling MIL. I wish Mrs. Keller would pull Nathan to the side and tell him his wife needs rest and that he needs to put his foot down. She’s old school so surely she knows better. 

Well allegedly Nurie is young and healthy. Maybe this is no big deal for her and she is enjoying the attention her baby is getting.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

A year or so ago, there was a miniseries on Hulu, I think, about the story of Gypsy Rose Blanchard and her psychotic mother, Dee Dee.  It was about the severe (and I do mean SEVERE) Munchausen by proxy thing that Dee Dee was inflicting upon her daughter.  I only managed to get through two episodes because it creeped me out so bad.  When I saw that wheelchair photo, my first reaction was to laugh but my second reaction was a chill straight down my spine thinking that Jill is going to use Nurie and that baby to garner as much attention for herself as she can.  And since Jill has zero self-awareness and an ego the size of St. Austine, who knows how far she's prepared to go.

One of my first thoughts, after processing the initial WTFness, was also that it seemed almost like textbook Munchausen by proxy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Well allegedly Nurie is young and healthy. Maybe this is no big deal for her and she is enjoying the attention her baby is getting.

If Nurie can barely walk because of pain, as Jill said, it’s a big deal. Unless BME is lying, and it’s all for show, although it seems to me that Jill wouldn’t want to share the spotlight with Nurie. But Nurie (and I’m sure Nathan) were raised to do whatever their parents asked without any dissent, so I bet Nurie is doing what Jill wants, even if all Nurie wants to do is lie down with an ice pack on her hooha.

• Love 5

If she is really in pain, she should not be out and about like nothing happened. She could do some damage. And you just know she isn't seeing a doctor. I get it that she isn't a piece of glass but FFS, she shouldn't be gallivanting all over the place! 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think this is quite likely. I don't think Jill wants to share the spotlight with Nurie, but I think even her lizard brain realizes she needs some cover for this stunt and that demanding a wheelchair when her daughter who just gave birth doesn't get one is bad optics. A normal person would then conclude the wheelchair for herself was overkill, but our Jill instead just decides they both need one.

Jill's lizard brain. Yes. Thank you. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Jilly's timeline is so screwy - no one needed a wheelchair when they went for coffee. no one seemed to need a wheelchair when jilly was playing piano and the girls were singing at church with lydia plath.  I think maybe they just sat in the chairs and took a pic for Jill to "create content". I truly can't imagine david pushing jill in a wheelchair. the man can barely lumber along half the time as it is. I can see Nathan pushing Nurie around though.

Ma and Pa Keller - wonder what they are thinking about all this. Probably "well, at least we aren't paying for it"

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jilly's timeline is so screwy - no one needed a wheelchair when they went for coffee. no one seemed to need a wheelchair when jilly was playing piano and the girls were singing at church with lydia plath.  I think maybe they just sat in the chairs and took a pic for Jill to "create content". I truly can't imagine david pushing jill in a wheelchair. the man can barely lumber along half the time as it is. I can see Nathan pushing Nurie around though.

Ma and Pa Keller - wonder what they are thinking about all this. Probably "well, at least we aren't paying for it"

I don't think David was the one pushing Jill.  He wasn't in the dinner pictures, nor was there a place for him at the adult table.  Most likely, one of the Not-Nuries had the responsibility of pushing Jill around in her wheelchair while the one one was responsible for making sure Janessa did not runnoft. 

• Love 6

you are right - but I can;t picture either of the stick thin not nurie's being able to push her in a wheelchair either. Jilly isn't as "svelte" or "trim" as she wants us to believe she is.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 7
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

you are right - but I can;t picture either of the stick thin not nurie's being able to push her in a wheelchair either. Jilly isn't as "svelte" or "trim" as she wants us to believe she is.

So it would take 2 Not Nuries to push her around! 

• LOL 8

I think Nurie also didn't get much attention growing up because of how many kids there are, so it is very possible that she's enjoying the extra attention and pampering and milking it - whether consciously or self-consciously.

Upon more reflection...

Since David was there we can assume it was at the end of two weeks, when he went to pick them up. I highly doubt Nurie was still in pain. And we know Jill wasn't.

Maybe we're giving Nurie too much credit. Maybe she did this independently of Jill. Maybe Jill has met (gave birth to) her attention whore match.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Wait a minute crazy Jill, a couple of things. So Nurie labored at home until 10 cm….10 cm!!! and THEN went to her midwife?? That must have been horrific. I’m calling out a lie. Secondly; tell me I didn’t see Nemo at church barely 7 days old?!? Wth is wrong with these idiots?! Oh yeah and if Nurie was maybe allowed to hang out in leggings and not worrying about shuffling your fat ass around for two weeks she could have healed. I had an episiotomy and not once did I ever need a freaking wheelchair. You know why? I stayed my ass at home and healed, while not dragging around a newborn for everyone to breathe on. 

• Love 23
On 10/24/2021 at 6:28 PM, ranchgirl said:

That would be my first guess.    

All I know is that Lydia said she and this guy had shown interest in each other awhile back (like 2 years ago)  but she decided she didn't want to pursue it.  Then she had a change of heart and she and the guy started texting each other.  Then Lydia's parents asked her to stop texting him (because they wanted more control over it) and she did.  Then she started  texting or talking with the guy's sisters but Lydia wasn't satisfied with how the sisters responsed to her questions about their brother.  So she started texting the guy again.   The guy and her decided they wanted to up the level of their relationship (friendship) so Lydia asked her Dad if he could arrange for this guy to come visit the family.  Now, this just aired on their show last week so I'm not sure when it was taped.  I didn't give it any thought until I saw GME's post about Lydia visiting them. 

Lydia and her Dad both made it seem like they were close friends with this family.  

It fits in with the Rods, since the oldest Plath girl, Hosanna, had Nurie in her wedding party.

Also, Lydia's mother, Kim, could give Jill a run for her money in the domineering, controlling mother sweepstakes; so Lydia and Tim may not realize just how awful the other's mother is.  However, I could see Jill and Kim coming to blows over who gets to hold the grandchild first and pose for photos, who gets the whole family for holidays and such.

Also, Kim used to be a big fan of fundie frumpwear and always wore schlumpy skirts.  However, in the last couple years she has veered towards the sluttish, wearing jeans most of the time.  Lydia is the most fundified of the older kids, but even she wears jeans and shorts these days.  Like the Rods, they also have a bunch of little girls and those kids wear dresses, although the Plath girls tend to wear cleaner, better fitting, more appropriate clothing than the Rod littles.

While Jill has her severely broken necked quadriplegic sister, Kim has her beat in that she ran over and killed her own 2 year old son with the car years ago.  Why the 2 year old was wandering around outdoors unsupervised while his mother was in the car with a bunch of the older kids at the time is not clear.

I think Jill's postings are delayed. Did we for sure see David on the cruise? The photo of them at dinner above doesn't have an empty place at the table so I'm sure he wasn't there then, and someone noted that they were all in the same clothes so it might have been dinner after the cruise. 

I think we saw a photo of David holding the baby with their family van in the background and someone said the family appeared at a church up in their area quite recently. I think they took that cruise and had that fancy dinner out, before David came to FL to take Jill and the girls home - of course I could be mistaken. So as noted above, Jill was bragging about tough Nurie standing up and singing in front of the church not long after the delivery, but then Jill's saying that poor Nurie is all hurting and has to be in a wheelchair? Sure, Jan.  Unless of course Nurie's lack of rest and care at home immediately after the birth, plus being hauled to church to give that performance, set back her recuperation and landed her in that wheelchair. Jill's such a fantasist and liar, it's hard to know.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

I think we saw a photo of David holding the baby with their family van in the background and someone said the family appeared at a church up in their area quite recently. I think they took that cruise and had that fancy dinner out, before David came to FL to take Jill and the girls home - of course I could be mistaken. So as noted above, Jill was bragging about tough Nurie standing up and singing in front of the church not long after the delivery, but then Jill's saying that poor Nurie is all hurting and has to be in a wheelchair? Sure, Jan.  Unless of course Nurie's lack of rest and care at home immediately after the birth, plus being hauled to church to give that performance, set back her recuperation and landed her in that wheelchair. Jill's such a fantasist and liar, it's hard to know.

That is what I was wondering.... If initially, she felt up to it and then got to the point where she was ready to drop. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe we're giving Nurie too much credit. Maybe she did this independently of Jill. Maybe Jill has met (gave birth to) her attention whore match.

I personally think if they were having a narcissist-off that Nurie wouldn't be able to resist the allure of her own social media account instead of letting BME handle her PR.

That being said, I've long thought that the emotional dynamics of that family would have to be just awful to endure. I get the vibe that the kids are constantly competing for each other for attention and to avoid being the black sheep of the family. I imagine being Jill's in black book is a singularly miserable experience. (I really get that vibe from Tim or at least did when he seemed to be groveling with gifts after he forgot her birthday or whatever it was.)

So . . . I could definitely see Nurie not turning down any attention she does get from her mother. I think our instinct is to assume that Nurie wants away from Jill because we would want away from Jill, but it wouldn't surprise me if she never consciously thinks of her mother in those terms and really does soak up any and all attention from Jill, even if it's Jill posting extraordinarily personal info about her birth and putting her in a wheelchair for a ridiculous photo op. Nurie's own view of what is normal is so skewed from her parents that none of this probably registers as weird or over-the-top to her because her mom being weird and over-the-top is her normal, so yeah she may very well have enjoyed the wheelchair outing and never once thought about it beyond that.  

Edited to add: I do think Nurie sometimes seems uncomfortable with Jill, so it wouldn't surprise me if deep down somewhere she knows this dynamic with her mother is seriously fucked up, but she would never, ever put that into words or even register that as a thought. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 21

I was thinking that Nurie might have been exhausted but that is no excuse not to entertain her "severely injured" mother. So maybe, wanted to just sit and rest, she told Jill her lady parts were sore? 

• Useful 4
Just now, libgirl2 said:

I was thinking that Nurie might have been exhausted but that is no excuse not to entertain her "severely injured" mother. So maybe, wanted to just sit and rest, she told Jill her lady parts were sore? 

Or, Jill just decided that telling the world about Nurie's sore ladyparts was a better story and would get more attention than the obvious answer which is that a woman who has given birth just a couple of weeks earlier should be able to stay home and rest rather than being dragged around for photo ops.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Or, Jill just decided that telling the world about Nurie's sore ladyparts was a better story and would get more attention than the obvious answer which is that a woman who has given birth just a couple of weeks earlier should be able to stay home and rest rather than being dragged around for photo ops.

true

• Love 1

Well JillR’s a lying liar and she rarely posts in a coherent timeline, so the trip to St Augustine could have been yesterday or last week or 2 days after Nemo was born. I think she takes tons of pictures constantly and then posts whatever fits the narrative she is currently pushing.

• Love 10

my confusion was in the Nathan and Nurie treated "us" on the boat tour and a night on the town, posted after the pics of david holding nemo and retrieving jilly so they could get on to the next griftng event.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

my confusion was in the Nathan and Nurie treated "us" on the boat tour and a night on the town, posted after the pics of david holding nemo and retrieving jilly so they could get on to the next griftng event.

Her timelines are always screwy but one thing is for certain, Nathan paid. Us might mean the rest of the circus she brought with.... the kids. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think the "us" are the two Not-Nuries and the two younger kids. Maybe the picture with the New, Improved David holding Nemo was when he returned to pick everyone up. 

The cruise and dinner day must have set Nathan back a few hundred dollars. Jill and her ailing leg probably dragged everyone into a few gift shops too. She can't resist. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think the "us" are the two Not-Nuries and the two younger kids. Maybe the picture with the New, Improved David holding Nemo was when he returned to pick everyone up. 

The cruise and dinner day must have set Nathan back a few hundred dollars. Jill and her ailing leg probably dragged everyone into a few gift shops too. She can't resist. 

And if she goes into a gift shop, she needs a gift. I bet she bought nothing for the baby. She probably showed up empty handed. I remember my mom hand crocheting a blanket for my son when he was born. She also sewed a quilted wall hanging for his room. 

• Love 6

It's interesting that in the photo of Janessa and Sophia?, they are "waiting for their food." However, there are no napkins, glasses, or silverware on the table. Tables are usually set before guests come in. I hope those two thin kids got something to eat. It wasn't going to cost Jill anything. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's interesting that in the photo of Janessa and Sophia?, they are "waiting for their food." However, there are no napkins, glasses, or silverware on the table. Tables are usually set before guests come in. I hope those two thin kids got something to eat. It wasn't going to cost Jill anything. 

Waiting For..... Godot?

Wonder what deep conversations those two are having while waiting for food that will never come.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 2