Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Other than Jana being close friends with Michaela, it seems Joy is the only other Duggar sister that maintains a relation with the Bates. Does anyone know if all the Duggar brothers from Jer/Jed on up are at the wedding in PA? (not including Josh)

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Nemo is being around too many people. He might get sick. I’m hoping Nathan will take him to ER if that happens. Will Nemo go to a pediatrician? 

A pediatrician doctor?

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Absolom said:

Oh yeah.  Missioncations.  My fundie uncle tried to rip my parents off for $5000 for his missioncation to Thailand.  Beware of anyone who gets a "calling" to go somewhere to preach where they've always wanted to go.

Especially when they’re going to “preach “ to non English speaking people. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Other than Jana being close friends with Michaela, it seems Joy is the only other Duggar sister that maintains a relation with the Bates. Does anyone know if all the Duggar brothers from Jer/Jed on up are there? (not including Josh)

I think JD is friends with Zack. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Why does Nurie pluck her eyebrows to practically nothing and then try to add them back with dark brow pencil? At her age, she could leave more brow and skip having to use that unflattering pencil. 

I always assumed BME comes at her with the tweezers, I didn't think Nurie does it to herself. There was a while there after she got married I thought her eyebrows were growing out and I was hopeful. But once there was a visit, *pluck* went the eyebrows.

Someone earlier said it best. BME uglifies her daughters to make herself look good.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

JD, Nathan, and Lawson are besties via their incorporation of the infamous Mediccorps. 

JD is at the wedding today.

I’m actually kinda surprised that JD is friendly with Nathan & Lawson but I suppose I shouldn’t be really they run in the same circles, have similar beliefs. 

• Love 4

Nurie's dress looks pretty and her hair is in much better shape than it was. It looks healthy now. I just keep seeing the eyebrows. She is a lovely young woman and really would look better if Mama Tweezers would stay away. 

• Love 23
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Nemo is being around too many people. He might get sick. I’m hoping Nathan will take him to ER if that happens. Will Nemo go to a pediatrician? 

He’ll have to go to a doctor to be circumcised.  I’m not sure that a primary care physician would do that, so they may be forced to take him to a pediatrician, although Jill might be able to grift a circumcision from an Amish “doctor”.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
27 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

He’ll have to go to a doctor to be circumcised.  I’m not sure that a primary care physician would do that, so they may be forced to take him to a pediatrician, although Jill might be able to grift a circumcision from an Amish “doctor”.

Huh, what are Fundies' thoughts on circumcision? I would think they would think to leave penises in the way God made them.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, what are Fundies' thoughts on circumcision? I would think they would think to leave penises in the way God made them.

I think Nurie and Nathan opted for the least expensive birth they could get outside of a chair in the RV.  I doubt they would pay someone to perform a circumcision. It's not clear that the baby has even seen a doctor for a checkup, although the midwife probably has or will pay a visit. 

Jilly wears a toe ring.  Foot jewelry seems to be ok with BME.

As far as circumcisions, most fundies seem to want them, Jesus was circumcised, so there's that.  Many hardcore fundies want the circumcision done on the 8th day like Jesus, too.  When I worked at a hospital with a birth center attached, we used to allow parents to bring the baby back to have the circumcision on the day.  However, in regular hospitals where there is a newborn nursery where the circumcision would be done, there are regulations prohibiting infants who've been discharged and gone home to return to the unit.

Where I practice, the circumcisions are done by the obstetrician or another member of that team.  We've got some nurse practitioners who make postpartum rounds who do them.  I don't know a single pediatrician who does them, though, in some parts of the country, they do.

There are also some mohels affiliated with Reformed Jewish temples who will perform them for non-Jewish couples for a fee.  I'd also expect that amongst the homebirth/lay midwifery crowd, there are direct entry midwives who will perform them.  Many of them will suture vaginal lacerations, give local anesthetics and perform other procedures that are not within their scope of practice, many of them seem to think rules are for other people.

Having performed this particular procedure literally thousands and thousands of times, I've got to say that it is more technically difficult than you'd think.  If you're not paying close attention, it's easy to get it a little crooked or get into problems with bleeding.

• Useful 11
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Nurie's dress looks pretty and her hair is in much better shape than it was. It looks healthy now. I just keep seeing the eyebrows. She is a lovely young woman and really would look better if Mama Tweezers would stay away. 

She’s got pregnancy hair. Let’s see what it looks like in a couple of months when it starts falling out. (I had my post pregnancy hair falling out in clumps. It was awful. )

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know if I'm imagining this, but to me, Nurie looks so calm, content and confident.

To me too. She looks comfortable and happy.

Nathan looks a bit shell shocked.

Edited by YupItsMe
Spelling
  • Love 10

If y'all wonder how these TV families seem to be so full of themselves, in addition to their "superior" beliefs, I just saw an IG video of Carlin's husband getting de-linted by two members of their show's *production crew.

*I'm not positive it was the production crew - but pretty sure

• LOL 8
15 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Ahh, the “Photo Shoot.” Mama pointed her iPhone at them and took pictures. Photo shoot. Ok, then.

Is that an ankle bracelet on Nurie’s ankle?

Those ARE nice pictures.. ok, here comes the snark - Nathan looks like an old man with that horrendous hairdo - and i am taking up a collection for eyebrow pencils to fill in Nurie's gummy worms.  (Is it just me or does everyone - when they read NURIE- pronounce it still in their head as Noorie (not NuRee as has been said here).  I'm happy.. Noorie it is.

• Love 14
Just now, Boston said:

Those ARE nice pictures.. ok, here comes the snark - Nathan looks like an old man with that horrendous hairdo - and i am taking up a collection for eyebrow pencils to fill in Nurie's gummy worms.  (Is it just me or does everyone - when they read NURIE- pronounce it still in their head as Noorie (not NuRee as has been said here).  I'm happy.. Noorie it is.

I think Noorie. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

According to the Bible, circumcision is a must, so he’ll definitely have it done.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

So - you know all that skydive training? Nathan the groom. and two others skydived into his wedding.

There's a video on his BIL's TikTok of Nathan and his chute getting severely (lol) wrapped around a tiny tree.

• LOL 14
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Alyssa has an IG Story that includes Katie’s shower. It looks really nice, maybe it’s good Erin couldn’t attend. Kidding.

My first thought when I caught a glimpse of Josie is that she looks pregnant again. 

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

52057BCC-58FF-4B7C-AC4A-27A8AAB47168.jpeg

The cheap crown is tackkkyyyy.  his suit is tight and is he wearing sneakers?

The tiara is a knockoff of the one Queen Elizabeth often wears. It's called The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland and was a wedding gift. I'm surprised the bride didn't go for one of Diana's favorites. 

That suit is sad. Maybe he gained weight from the time he ordered and altered it to the time he wore it. 

I give them credit for holding the reception inside instead of serving ice cream in a parking lot. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So - you know all that skydive training? Nathan the groom. and two others skydived into his wedding.

There's a video on his BIL's TikTok of Nathan and his chute getting severely (lol) wrapped around a tiny tree.

They really do think they are Tom Cruise or something. What dinguses. 

• LOL 11
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

52057BCC-58FF-4B7C-AC4A-27A8AAB47168.jpeg

The cheap crown is tackkkyyyy.  his suit is tight and is he wearing sneakers?

I think they're square toed cowboy boots.  Nathan is going to resemble Gut With Ears before too long.  Maybe Nate will be Butt with Ears!  😛

• LOL 12
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I think they're square toed cowboy boots.  Nathan is going to resemble Gut With Ears before too long.  Maybe Nate will be Butt with Ears!  😛

(Singing loudly) I like big butts I cannot lie 

Nathan definitely has a big hiney 😂

• LOL 7
52 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I totally agree Nathan will resemble GWE in 5 years. He is a big fellow already. His wife of course will stay trim.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 1