Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Truth. Self-aggrandizing lying liar who lies. 

It really bugs me that "pregnancy centers" misrepresent themselves as offering options for pregnant women. No, they don't -- they deny options. There is a "pregnancy center" near me, and I give it the finger below the window when I drive by. 

Not to mention she believes her adopted son deserves to be profiled by police because he’s black. There’s trash and then there’s Abby Johnson. It’s a real race to the bottom between her and Jill.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/17/2021 at 2:22 PM, Jeeves said:

I agree. Nurie and the rest of the Rod kids are well and thoroughly brainwashed. I hope that Nurie's daily life changed for the better when she married Nathan, but it was just changing her address and not changing her beliefs. Jill makes sure that she and Nurie are in constant communication - I wouldn't be surprised if Jill texts her many times a day and calls a lot too.

I wonder if Jill constantly undermines Nurie when it comes to Nemo, leaving Nurie shaken and uncertain that she's doing the right things for her baby - thereby forcing her to remain dependent on Jill even after she and her severely injured leg goes back home.  I would hate to think of Nurie calling Jill to tell her that she can't get the baby to settle down, with Jill advising her to just mix him up a bottle of Plexus or something horrible like that.....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

They don't pay attention to things like that... kind of like Covid. 

Well, life is sacred until the child is born. 

Also, the Rods are dumb. Beyond being poorly educated, they don't even have common sense. The problem increases with age. David. Jill. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Also, the Rods are dumb. Beyond being poorly educated, they don't even have common sense. The problem increases with age. David. Jill. 

Yep. This ^^^^ 

Unfortunately, unless Baby Nemo breaks out, he is doomed.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Yep. This ^^^^ 

No education is a way to prevent enlightenment from happening. While escape not impossible, the odds are not good. Nurie and Nathan and their children will be better off if they don't have a dozen kids, but again that obstacle is baked into the system. 

Jill bragged that Nurie and Nathan were going to raise Nemo to be a warrior in God's army (or whatever). We know what that means for the individual little people involved. 

On 10/18/2021 at 10:28 PM, Jeeves said:

I logged into FB and searched for the church. When I found their page I hit LIKE and refreshed it, but it didn't reveal any new posts that I couldn't see when I just viewed the page. Nothing about whatever thing the Rods may be visiting them for. I unliked them again, lol. They seem to be a small potatoes operation. Their FB page has 27 likes and 27 followers. Not counting me. 🤣 

Hey, thanks for trying, @Jeeves! Since I'm a local, I was afraid my FB friends would somehow see I'd liked this random Independent Baptist Church.

Edited by Portia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Yep. This ^^^^ 

Yeah, those next gen Rod kids are going to be home schooled by the current batch and those girls are woefully under educated. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Yeah, those next gen Rod kids are going to be home schooled by the current batch and those girls are woefully under educated. 

Yes and Jill was homeschooled as well. At least the Bates and Duggar families had more educated parents than Jill.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes and Jill was homeschooled as well. At least the Bates and Duggar families had more educated parents than Jill.

True, but look at Alyssa. Either she’s just incredibly slow or she wasn’t taught much.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

True, but look at Alyssa. Either she’s just incredibly slow or she wasn’t taught much.

I think the brain needs to be exercised just like muscles do, and Alyssa's brain has been sitting on the couch eating Doritos for a long time now. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
Just now, satrunrose said:

Oh, Nurie, sweetie. That is possibly the worst make-up I have ever seen on a Rod girl and that bar is low!

Yea, the make is not great either. Nurie is a pretty girl, you could see it in the pics of her without make up. I can just see Jill being there and saying "Nurie, let's get you looking all nice for pictures" and proceeding to pluck and splat dollar store make up on her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

For women born to breed they have no sense of child rearing.

Concieving and bearing as many babies as possible is all that matters. How you take care of them after they're born is a minor consideration.

Edited by Albanyguy
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Oh, Nurie, sweetie. That is possibly the worst make-up I have ever seen on a Rod girl and that bar is low!

Who else thinks that BME did her makeup?  I’ve never noticed her wearing blue eyeshadow before, but that’s definitely a color JillyBean would wear.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

At this point I’m exhausted discussing why fundie fuckwits take newborn babies in public so early. And during a pandemic no less.  For women born to breed they have no sense of child rearing.

They have no common sense, period.

• Love 8

Jill has new pics/videos posted on FB.  The video is the older girls and BME performing at Nurie’s church.  It may be the worst performance yet.  My cat awoke from a deep sleep, gave me a WTF look and ran out of the room (I’m not kidding.)

• LOL 22
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill has new pics/videos posted on FB.  The video is the older girls and BME performing at Nurie’s church.  It may be the worst performance yet.  My cat awoke from a deep sleep, gave me a WTF look and ran out of the room (I’m not kidding.)

Interesting that BME likes “watching” them sing! 🤣😂

60CA755E-513F-4BD5-80FD-B14A0C98BC13.jpeg

• LOL 9

I wonder, do they really believe they're wonderful singers? Or do they realize on some level their singing is objectively terrible but they have no recourse but to do what BME says?

I'd love to know what their audiences truly think and what they say to each other after the Rods are gone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
Just now, scriggle said:

I wonder, do they really believe they're wonderful singers? Or do they realize on some level their singing is objectively terrible but they have no recourse but to do what BME says?

I'd love to know what their audiences truly think and what they say to each other after the Rods are gone.

The members of the audience are generally other Fundies, so they probably comment on how godly the Rodlets are and what a blessing it was to hear the songs. I can’t imagine anyone complimenting the singing. The girls are probably told by BME that they are wonderful singers since JillR was their teacher. BME also thought Timbits was so talented she had him record a CD. So clearly she has no clue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

the audiences are always so very small for the rod performances and preaching. they seem to get the off times. the sunday afternoon or a wednesday evening. Even the last thing they did in Vermont(?) there was a video of them "performing",  the audience wasn't shown but by the clapping after a song it sounded like maybe 10-20 people at most. and it was polite clapping in my opinion.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

the audiences are always so very small for the rod performances and preaching. they seem to get the off times. the sunday afternoon or a wednesday evening. Even the last thing they did in Vermont(?) there was a video of them "performing",  the audience wasn't shown but by the clapping after a song it sounded like maybe 10-20 people at most. and it was polite clapping in my opinion.

There is a reason for that, the majority of the congregation don't want to suffer through them. There is also a risk of getting stuck with feeding the whole family! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7