Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Four hours ago, which would’ve been 3:00am CST, JRod posted two new videos of the baby.  Be sure and pay close attention to the conversation that takes place between her and Nurie (in the video where the baby has the hiccups).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Four hours ago, which would’ve been 3:00am CST, JRod posted two new videos of the baby.  Be sure and pay close attention to the conversation that takes place between her and Nurie (in the video where the baby has the hiccups).

I didn't quite get it. Were they talking about Plexus? Or was Nurie waiting on Jill?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't quite get it. Were they talking about Plexus? Or was Nurie waiting on Jill?

I saw it on Jill's FB page. I think Jill said she meant to mix a "Slim" (Plexus drink?) for Nurie and Nurie replied that she already mixed some up for after labor & delivery. I hope I have that right - they all talk just like Jill, so it's hard to tell! Nemo is really a cute baby!

• Love 4
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Yes, it’s Plexus Slim that they’re talking about.  Jill meant to mix up the concoction for Nurie but didn’t, so Nurie fixed it herself.  Nurie is consuming Plexus Slim while she’s breastfeeding the baby, so the baby is also consuming it. 😤

11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yes, it’s Plexus Slim that they’re talking about.  Jill meant to mix up the concoction for Nurie but didn’t, so Nurie fixed it herself.  Nurie is consuming Plexus Slim while she’s breastfeeding the baby, so the baby is also consuming it. 😤

Why Nurie is consuming a diet product? She's not overweight by anyone's standards--except Jill's, I suppose. I wish the midwife would visit, see this, and say something about the risks passing these chemicals to the baby, but maybe the midwife sells the stuff too. The Plexus Slim information sheet has a disclaimer to consult a physician before using if pregnant or breastfeeding. In other words, don't sue the company if something happens to you or your baby. 

Jill and Nurie are people who are afraid of vaccines yet drink concoctions like Plexus, Nurie while nursing, no less. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Why Nurie is consuming a diet product? She's not overweight by anyone's standards--except Jill's, I suppose. I wish the midwife would visit, see this, and say something about the risks passing these chemicals to the baby, but maybe the midwife sells the stuff too. The Plexus Slim information sheet has a disclaimer to consult a physician before using if pregnant or breastfeeding. In other words, don't sue the company if something happens to you or your baby. 

Jill and Nurie are people who are afraid of vaccines yet drink concoctions like Plexus, Nurie while nursing, no less. 

I suppose she might have gained a couple of pounds while she was pregnant, and now that she has given birth, her first priority is to look exactly the way she did before. Because, of course, she must remain slim for her husband's pleasure, those two or three extra pounds make her less valuable, and little things like good nutrition for the baby's sake are much further down that totem pole. At least, I suspect that's the mantra she has been fed. I have no idea whether she is capable of enough independent thought to question it.

From what I’ve read about Plexus while pregnant or nursing, there isn’t sufficient data available. So, actual articles, not written by Plexus, do not recommend it.

Personally, I wouldn’t use any weight loss supplement to curb my appetite while pregnant or nursing.

• Love 22

Nurie had been so brainwashed into believing that Mama is always right that I doubt if it would even occur to her to wonder if Plexus might be harmful to herself or the baby. And if Nathan or Ma Keller expressed any doubts, she would defend Mama’s wisdom to the death.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From what I’ve read about Plexus while pregnant or nursing, there isn’t sufficient data available. So, actual articles, not written by Plexus, do not recommend it.

Personally, I wouldn’t use any weight loss supplement to curb my appetite while pregnant or nursing.

General medical advice is that breastfeeding women should not actively try to lose weight, at least in the first couple months until breastfeeding is well-established.  Nurie is recovering from a major physical challenge in pregnancy and birth, the baby is not even a week old; she needs to be eating a healthy diet of 3 nutritious meals a day and snacks.  I presume Plexus Slim is meant to be a meal substitute; any properly trained lactation consultant would tell her right off the bat that skipping full meals is a terrible idea.

I always remind postpartum women that it took them 9 months to gain the weight and so they should expect the same amount of time to lose it healthily.  Of course, Nurie plans to be knocked up with the next blessing well before then, I expect.

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I suppose she might have gained a couple of pounds while she was pregnant, and now that she has given birth, her first priority is to look exactly the way she did before. Because, of course, she must remain slim for her husband's pleasure, those two or three extra pounds make her less valuable, and little things like good nutrition for the baby's sake are much further down that totem pole. At least, I suspect that's the mantra she has been fed. I have no idea whether she is capable of enough independent thought to question it.

Kill us all now.  What a f.....up way to think. 

• Love 9

Does anyone think that even though the collective "we" here wouldn't want BME anywhere near us that Nurie is conditioned through life to "think" she wants BME at every important event?  Maybe in her current mind and belief system, she wanted her mama with her?  Not that we would, but we aren't Nurie.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Does anyone think that even though the collective "we" here wouldn't want BME anywhere near us that Nurie is conditioned through life to "think" she wants BME at every important event?  Maybe in her current mind and belief system, she wanted her mama with her?  Not that we would, but we aren't Nurie.

I agree. Nurie and the rest of the Rod kids are well and thoroughly brainwashed. I hope that Nurie's daily life changed for the better when she married Nathan, but it was just changing her address and not changing her beliefs. Jill makes sure that she and Nurie are in constant communication - I wouldn't be surprised if Jill texts her many times a day and calls a lot too.

• Love 9

I breastfed my daughter for a year and a half.  I lost the pregnancy pounds just by eating normally.  What a bad idea to drink that pink crap while breastfeeding!  Nursing uses up calories, in and of itself.

I hope that baby doesn't suffer because of this.  Jilldo probably guzzled that pink poison during her pregnancies and nursing babies, too.  Who knows how much damage that may have caused?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I agree. Nurie and the rest of the Rod kids are well and thoroughly brainwashed. I hope that Nurie's daily life changed for the better when she married Nathan, but it was just changing her address and not changing her beliefs. Jill makes sure that she and Nurie are in constant communication - I wouldn't be surprised if Jill texts her many times a day and calls a lot too.

Yes - and maybe Nurie likes all that texting. But maybe it is okay with her. From our perspective it is a screwed up relationship but from their world it is normal and okay. Maybe. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hope that baby doesn't suffer because of this.  Jilldo probably guzzled that pink poison during her pregnancies and nursing babies, too.  Who knows how much damage that may have caused?

Well, Jill claimed Janessa was missing part of her brain. Until she wasn't. Janessa was a Plexus baby, I think.

Unless Nurie's kids are born with two heads or something obvious, how would she know if Plexus might be a problem? Nurie has had no care from a doctor or a nurse that we've heard about. Will Nemo see a pediatrician? Even if something happens, Jill won't blame Plexus, the source of her vacation money. 

JillR has posted about all the wonderful qualities of Plexus so I’m sure Nurie has been drinking one concoction or another most of her life. Or at least as long as JillR has been a Plexus rep. JillR probably wants Nurie to push Plexus on all her new church people too.

here's a question - even with Jill's injury, she had the 2 not Nuries that are over 18 and could have driven so that best hubby ever could have stayed home and worked on his "million of things he has to do". Was the real issue 5 females could not travel alone? If so, both Phillip and Samuel should be driving by now, and one would guess they do not have a million things to do.

Besides Timcel, since Nurie and Kaylee's accident, have we seen any reference/pictures/posts about the other over 16 bunch having a license or driving at all? Samuel driving a lawn mower with jill, a not nurie and Janessa in a garden trailer to the neighbor farm doesn't count.

• Love 3

The video of Jill with Nemo and one of the Rodlets talking isn't necessarily Jill and Nurie. I think Jill might be chatting with Kaylee or Renee about the Plexus Pink drink. Let's hope that's the case, Nurie doesn't need that crap in her system right now, especially if she's breastfeeding. 

• Useful 2
22 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Are any of these kids getting homeschooled at all? 

Yeah they read the bible every day unlike those HEATHENS in public school who probably don’t even know what a bible is. 

10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR just posted two video clips of her and the baby. There's a clear shot of her ankle and foot - shocker - no visible injury any longer.

It’s a MIRACLE! 
PRAISE JESUS! 
She is CURED! 

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

JillR has posted about all the wonderful qualities of Plexus so I’m sure Nurie has been drinking one concoction or another most of her life. Or at least as long as JillR has been a Plexus rep. JillR probably wants Nurie to push Plexus on all her new church people too.

I doubt Nurie drank much Plexus at all as a kid unless or until she got some money to pay for it from somewhere.  As dietary supplements go, besides being fairly terrible, it is ridiculously overpriced and Jill doesn't spend a nickel on her kids.  All those photos of them drinking the stuff are fake, IMO.  Since she has been married, I'm sure she and Nathan purchase a regular supply from her mother, as her mother has instructed.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 4
On 10/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, GeeGolly said:

If the Not Nuries are "taking the night shifts" is Nurie not nursing? Not that I think not nursing is bad or wrong, but it would surprise me if she's not.

Remember, BME just had her last spawn a mere 3 years ago.  I expect that Nurie and her sisters were handmaidens to the blessed mother back then and they all expect to fill the same role for Nurie while they are there.

Nurie probably nurses, but, when the baby cries, a not-Nurie goes to get him, changes him, prepares a pink beverage for Nurie and feeds her grapes by hand as she nurses.  Then she takes the baby, change him and put him back to bed.  Just as Nurie did for Jill, no doubt.  

I once had a patient who while in the hospital after delivery, demanded two nurses be in attendance every time she breastfed,  One to help hold the baby and arrange pillows around him as she nursed since she was too 'weak' to hold him by herself.  The other was needed to help adjust her pillows, arrange her long hair on the pillows, arrange the bedclothes and offer her sips of juice as she nursed.  Really,  Every single time.  The woman had an unmedicated vaginal birth, it was not her first kid, but that is what she demanded.  Her name was not Jill.  I have no idea what arrangements she had at home.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 2

When my first was born, my husband took leave.

When my second was born he tried to get out of a 3 month trip. I told him to please go.

When my third  was born, I said a weekend would be nice.

I can’t imagine having so many people there, that don’t go home after a quick visit, in a reasonable amount of time.

We’re all different, of course. 😁

• Love 20
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Poor Nemo is ingesting plexus and will probably lose weight and brain cells.

Guess Nuri looking skeletal is more important than her baby getting proper nutrition 😞. Also guess bottle feeding in not allowed either.

I just wonder if she was drinking that crap DURING the pregnancy?

13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR just posted two video clips of her and the baby. There's a clear shot of her ankle and foot - shocker - no visible injury any longer.

What about the want-a-be, almost amputated toe?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I doubt Nurie drank much Plexus at all as a kid unless or until she got some money to pay for it from somewhere.  As dietary supplements go, besides being fairly terrible, it is ridiculously overpriced and Jill doesn't spend a nickel on her kids.  All those photos of them drinking the stuff are fake, IMO.  Since she has been married, I'm sure she and Nathan purchase a regular supply from her mother, as her mother has instructed.

I feel like that would be just about the most JillR thing ever. Making her kids pay for their own Plexus while simultaneously demanding that they drink it. Therefore, she uses them as "advertising" but also makes money off of her own children. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I don't think Jill faked the injury.  It's really tough to fake the bruise on her arm and the swelling in one leg/foot only.  I do believe she exaggerated the extent of her injuries.  

I think Jill purposely took photos from certain angles and in certain lighting to emphasize her injuries.  Probably did a bit of photoshopping, too, just for emphasis.  We've seen her routinely alter her chin and trim her waistline and delete the boy's crotches; I am sure she figured out a day to darken the bruises and make the swelling in her foot look worse than it actually was.  I think she probably did trip and fall and that started the ball rolling.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Not to be a fuss budget, but Jill couldn't filter or photoshop everything since our first view of her injuries was in the church video on the church's facebook page.  

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought that was the case but sometimes I don't trust my memory. 

ETA: I also think she did fall and hurt herself, and then ramped up the drah-mah for her tens of adoring fans on social media.

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

Alas, no surgery drama for Jill. What a lost opportunity to take the spotlight off Nurie and Nemo and put it back on BME. I bet Jill was secretly hoping for minor surgery, nothing too big, just enough to be photographed in a hospital surrounded by cards, flowers, and stuffed animals--all courtesy of her kids. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I don't think Jill faked the injury.  It's really tough to fake the bruise on her arm and the swelling in one leg/foot only.  I do believe she exaggerated the extent of her injuries.  

I agree. I think she made sure to get pictures at its worse. I wouldn't be surprised if the swelling was down significantly the next morning and possibly gone by the time the baby was born.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Alas, no surgery drama for Jill. What a lost opportunity to take the spotlight off Nurie and Nemo and put it back on BME.

I don't think she's seen a doctor yet--give her time.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure the CVS knee brace that Jill bought was an exaggeration of need, with added benefit of reminding her which side to limp on, now that its better.

Forced limp.  Have you ever tried to walk in one of those things?  My knee would not bend.

• Love 3

as someone who has walked with a pronounced limp since I was 5, I can usually spot a faker right off most every time. 

Jilly confuses me. i will say jill most likely had some real injury. but the seriousness of that and her wonky timelines leave me guessing on this one. Her pics of the ankle could have been a month ago.  0 pics of the "Severely" damaged knee without the generic drug store brace. I don't think she knew she was on the church video/livestream, but was she playing it up for the 20 or so people at the service?? Her limp seemed mostly due to the the knee brace keeping the leg straight.

surely they will go to the thing in alabama friday and jilly will limp around. Since they are in the vicinity, the are probably dropping by in Mississippi for Kaylee to visit Jonathon and to grift some meals.

• Useful 10

Does anybody know where I can get specifics about the thing at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Florence? I found the church on FB but I refuse to like them, so I'm being prevented from seeing much of anything and am unable to message them. I could just call but for some reason I am really reluctant to do that. 

Edited by Portia
20 minutes ago, Portia said:

Does anybody know where I can get specifics about the thing at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Florence? I found the church on FB but I refuse to like them, so I'm being prevented from seeing much of anything and am unable to message them. I could just call but for some reason I am really reluctant to do that. 

I logged into FB and searched for the church. When I found their page I hit LIKE and refreshed it, but it didn't reveal any new posts that I couldn't see when I just viewed the page. Nothing about whatever thing the Rods may be visiting them for. I unliked them again, lol. They seem to be a small potatoes operation. Their FB page has 27 likes and 27 followers. Not counting me. 🤣 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Is that a real bottle or a toy bottle she is feeding him? 

This was a screenshot from a video where Janessa is rocking the seat while giving the bottle, looks like a real bottle to me. Due to the rocking, the baby seemed to be getting more air than anything.

5ED404BE-C00C-4EC4-B26F-B9B3D445F756.jpeg

Edited by ginger90