Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Someone on FJ stole this from Insta. It describes Jill to a tee.

BB42FB95-EC0B-4A0B-B586-95810A924DE7.jpeg.25b45c35ab2b0e6f911fd1ebf0c5697b.jpeg

Pretty sure everyone one of us could comment on each one of these to Jill, with her own words to show her she does every one of these.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

834BB325-C724-4D46-9BDB-FFFB08CDF0E4.jpeg

B9875585-D154-4136-837F-585B72D0C5D0.jpeg

7CA0AC4B-8E6A-4A12-A3F1-CE0D7AF63D3C.jpeg

Walmart pic:

Sad to say, but they could've fit another waif up in the baby seat of that cart, one more in the back section, and at least one folded up underneath.

Bible study pic:

Courtin' Rodlet looks like Rory Gilmore.

I honestly thought they were in a horse-drawn carriage. With Mama getting a free ride and snappin' pix.

• Love 1

Gosh, those two 'love birds' look so uncomfortable just standing next to each other. I can't believe that the first time they ever be alone is in a hotel room, standing next to a bed. I don't want to think what the 'next step' would be in that scenario.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, drafan said:

Walmart pic:

Sad to say, but they could've fit another waif up in the baby seat of that cart, one more in the back section, and at least one folded up underneath.

Bible study pic:

Courtin' Rodlet looks like Rory Gilmore.

I honestly thought trhey were in a horse-drawn carriage. With Mama getting a free ride and snappin' pix.

Guess who paid for groceries? Welcome to the family Jonathan! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Jonathan is a nice-looking young man, but both he and Kaylee look painfully uncomfortable. They have no chemistry at all, not even that surface level physical attraction you see in many Fundie couples that masks the fact that they're complete strangers. I'm really curious as to how this courtship came about. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Gosh, those two 'love birds' look so uncomfortable just standing next to each other. I can't believe that the first time they ever be alone is in a hotel room, standing next to a bed. I don't want to think what the 'next step' would be in that scenario.

Nurie and Nathan looked just as scared at this point in their "relationship", but appear to be very happy and comfortable now.  I'm hoping that will be the case here.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I don't doubt that he is being pressured into spending money on JillR. But also the courtship model is specifically about bringing the potential spouse into day to day activities with the whole family. This is to help you see their character displayed in their reactions. 

On one occasion I was told "you need to see how they react when your youngest sibling spills milk in their lap". Courtship is very much about the idea that you are marrying into (and marrying) the whole family.

So they are looking for Jonathan to show that he wants to babysit the youngest children and that he's happy to do mundane chores because he needs to show what a good family member and future father he will be.

• Useful 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Jonathan is a nice-looking young man, but both he and Kaylee look painfully uncomfortable. They have no chemistry at all, not even that surface level physical attraction you see in many Fundie couples that masks the fact that they're complete strangers. I'm really curious as to how this courtship came about. 

Now, I'm sure Jill told him to pick up a snack for himself when she handed him her grocery list.  I am also sure she didn't hand him her wallet nor make any mention of paying for the family groceries.  Same as she does in the restaurant and gift shop: Jill lets the suitor know what she wants and waits for them to pay for it.

7 hours ago, floridamom said:

Are those younger Rod sisters too weak to walk around a grocery store? 

It’s very telling just how skinny those girls are when all 3 of them can fit in the shopping cart with room to spare.  Sofia is 5 or 6, so the other two are older than that, yet they all fit in that small space.  It’s beyond pitiful.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It’s very telling just how skinny those girls are when all 3 of them can fit in the shopping cart with room to spare.  Sofia is 5 or 6, so the other two are older than that, yet they all fit in that small space.  It’s beyond pitiful.

Sadie is 7, almost 8; Sofia is 6 and Janessa is 3.  It's been a long, long time since I rode in a shopping cart, but, it seems to me most kids have outgrown the cart by the time they're 4 or so. I am trying to picture myself in a cart with my 2 sisters when I was 6 and they were 7 and 3; we're spaced the same as these Rods.  We wouldn't have fit.  We were average size kids, not short or tall, not fat or thin; and we wouldn't have fit.  Just seeing all 3 of those kids in a single carts gives a pretty good picture of just how unusually small they are.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

834BB325-C724-4D46-9BDB-FFFB08CDF0E4.jpeg

B9875585-D154-4136-837F-585B72D0C5D0.jpeg

7CA0AC4B-8E6A-4A12-A3F1-CE0D7AF63D3C.jpeg

I don't know if it's that they're uncomfortable with each other. Not-Nurie just looks like she has no idea why BME is taking photos.  That's the "WTF?" look my teen daughter gives me when I want a random pic and she thinks I'm ridiculous.  Jonathan is smiling the smile of a young man who knows he's about to know someone...ahem...biblically

Edited by Monkeyrocks
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Sadie is 7, almost 8; Sofia is 6 and Janessa is 3.  It's been a long, long time since I rode in a shopping cart, but, it seems to me most kids have outgrown the cart by the time they're 4 or so. I am trying to picture myself in a cart with my 2 sisters when I was 6 and they were 7 and 3; we're spaced the same as these Rods.  We wouldn't have fit.  We were average size kids, not short or tall, not fat or thin; and we wouldn't have fit.  Just seeing all 3 of those kids in a single carts gives a pretty good picture of just how unusually small they are.

Janessa isn’t in the cart.  It’s Sofia, Sadie and the girl who’s a year or two older than Sadie.  That makes it even more pathetic.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, floridamom said:

Are those younger Rod sisters too weak to walk around a grocery store? 

And does the whole family need to be there, maskless? 

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I hope some of these couples take their time! No need to jump right to sex.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, P2C2E said:

I don't doubt that he is being pressured into spending money on JillR. But also the courtship model is specifically about bringing the potential spouse into day to day activities with the whole family. This is to help you see their character displayed in their reactions. 

On one occasion I was told "you need to see how they react when your youngest sibling spills milk in their lap". Courtship is very much about the idea that you are marrying into (and marrying) the whole family.

So they are looking for Jonathan to show that he wants to babysit the youngest children and that he's happy to do mundane chores because he needs to show what a good family member and future father he will be.

Pretty sure he has a dozen siblings, so no need to prove that IMO.

• Love 6

I agree with @Monkeyrocks - I attribute much of the awkwardness in so many of those photos to the happy couple being blitzed by JillR to pose for pictures every. other. bleeding. minute. Kaylee's better at faking the smile for Mama's camera than Nurie was. Kaylee's smile is not quite as painful a rictus as we used to see from Nurie, but it's similar. If Kaylee and Jonathan are destined to getting hitched to each other and pumping out babies for Jesus, I hope that they are attracted to each other. With all their cult rules, even if they are attracted, they won't have a chance to get past the awkward stage until their wedding night since they won't have a minute alone. Even if the rules would give them some alone time, we can be sure Jill and her iPhone will not.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I agree with @Monkeyrocks - I attribute much of the awkwardness in so many of those photos to the happy couple being blitzed by JillR to pose for pictures every. other. bleeding. minute. Kaylee's better at faking the smile for Mama's camera than Nurie was. Kaylee's smile is not quite as painful a rictus as we used to see from Nurie, but it's similar. If Kaylee and Jonathan are destined to getting hitched to each other and pumping out babies for Jesus, I hope that they are attracted to each other. With all their cult rules, even if they are attracted, they won't have a chance to get past the awkward stage until their wedding night since they won't have a minute alone. Even if the rules would give them some alone time, we can be sure Jill and her iPhone will not.

And it won’t matter if that attraction eventually fades, they will be stuck together forever.

5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Where is the brain and eye bleach I really need it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

17F46F4B-E43B-4CE5-A4EF-FA25D81F532A.jpeg

4865C29F-54A5-422F-8955-3A777121ECA6.jpeg

Honestly, thats probably the first time I’ve seen genuine emotion on the kids faces. They actually look like they are having this thing called ‘fun’. I mean fairs aren’t my jam, but it’s a normal teenage thing to do. Except the whole ‘saving people’ BS 

• Love 14

For some reason, I didn't fall on the floor in uncontrollable laughter when I saw the photos of the kids on the rides. How were those pictures hysterical?

Jill is a SOTDRT failure, but I am glad the kids got to have some fun at the end of the day. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, ms.o said:

Honestly, thats probably the first time I’ve seen genuine emotion on the kids faces. They actually look like they are having this thing called ‘fun’. I mean fairs aren’t my jam, but it’s a normal teenage thing to do. Except the whole ‘saving people’ BS 

A normal teenage thing to do WITHOUT your parents.

• Love 13
On 9/14/2021 at 3:43 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

The quotation marks is what gets me.  I am a proud member of Romancelandia and one of the most popular books these last few weeks over there is Morning Glory Milking Farm

https://www.amazon.com/Morning-Glory-Milking-Farm-Monster/dp/1736546619/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1764SATT20M6R&dchild=1&keywords=morning+glory+milking+farm&qid=1631652136&s=books&sr=1-2

I have not read this one yet, but farm "desire" and farm "experience" have a different connotation on this one.

Wth did I just read in this book review!?😂😂😂

"Milking minotaurs isn’t something Violet ever considered as a career option, but she’s determined to turn the opportunity into a reversal of fortune."

• LOL 13
11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

For some reason, I didn't fall on the floor in uncontrollable laughter when I saw the photos of the kids on the rides. How were those pictures hysterical?

Because they're smiling and laughing. Isn't that HYSTERICAL? She is weirdly performative about anything remotely enjoyable. And I get the feeling it isn't just for the cameras. She strikes me as someone who's constantly saying, "Oh wow we are being so CRAZY!" all the time. Exhausting. 

Does poor Kaylee get to wear anything that's not hideous? So many ugly patterns. And when I finally spot her in a solid, it's brown with weird white piping??? Finally, I'm not averse to all synthetic fabrics, but why do all their clothes look so flammable?

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

For some reason, I didn't fall on the floor in uncontrollable laughter when I saw the photos of the kids on the rides. How were those pictures hysterical?

To Jill it was funny because the ride was “scary”. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3